Zeal and Ω

sickstreak

Does anyone know how to fit the zirconia zeal to the CH shovelhead? I screwed up thinking these were compatible ugh.

sickstreak,

jkeyes98

I did something silly but also a bit fun, modded my zeal so it is wireless just like the Omega.
Hits slightly harder than the omega at a same temp.

Removed cap, Added Screen and installed C-Clip.

For the handle I used a Ti wire then twisted it around and slid it thru a rolled up silicone mat to isolate heat and make it fit nicely in a normal Coil handle.

Fun mod for anyone who wants to try wireless out without getting an omega.

Sorry for covering influx with handle :doh:

sausagefinger

Does anyone know if there’s a particular reason the PID in the SS Zeal kit has the sensor type set to K thermocouple by default? If I change it to J (which is how my other PID came) I’m able to get better results from much lower temps… I think the two types are interchangeable in this scenario but honestly I have no idea.

sausagefinger,
Reactions: Zow237

Zow237

Does anyone know if there’s a particular reason the PID in the SS Zeal kit has the sensor type set to K thermocouple by default? If I change it to J (which is how my other PID came) I’m able to get better results from much lower temps… I think the two types are interchangeable in this scenario but honestly I have no idea.
How did you change it?

Zow237,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
We chatted a bit on discord, but I think all enails are type K. The popular Auber RDK-300 doesn't even allow you to change this, as it assumes K type.

Although I guess we would have to look at the spec sheet on f the coil to be sure.

What's your other PID?

Grass Yes,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It’s the Sun contraption from KoilBoi, but the PID itself is a Golander GL101. I haven’t changed the settings on that one, just noticed they were different after trying the coil in each PID.
I don't think it will ruin anything if you change it, but it will probably not measure the coil temp correctly. Although that's of limited value since we are just using that as a guide for reproducible results, not actually caring about the real temp.

Boxboxbox

First post y’all finally did me in. I’ve been rocking a mighty+ for my herbal needs since I started in April and never combusted in my life.

Been looking at a ball vape for months and after a good Irish coffee and a dab I pulled the plug on the Omega kit.

First question. I have a CHEAP 10mm recycler that I’m planning on getting a 14mm adapter for. I understand science is sciences so it will “work” but will it work adequately? lol

Second, I have no clue what I’m doing. I think I need to purchase a handle for the coil and for the head as well from what I gathered. I’m very intrigued in the wireless setup what that can come to life at a latter date. As for out of the box to get going what do I need apart from the kit, glass and herb?

Thanks to all for their input and post in this community. Y’all are helping those of us new to medical and those like me trying to get my life back. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

jkeyes98

First post y’all finally did me in. I’ve been rocking a mighty+ for my herbal needs since I started in April and never combusted in my life.

Been looking at a ball vape for months and after a good Irish coffee and a dab I pulled the plug on the zeal kit.

First question. I have a CHEAP 10mm recycler that I’m planning on getting a 14mm adapter for. I understand science is sciences so it will “work” but will it work adequately? lol

Second, I have no clue what I’m doing. I think I need to purchase a handle for the coil and for the head as well from what I gathered. I’m very intrigued in the wireless setup what that can come to life at a latter date. As for out of the box to get going what do I need apart from the kit, glass and herb?

Thanks to all for their input and post in this community. Y’all are helping those of us new to medical and those like me trying to get my life back. Thanks so much!
Welcome to the ballvape group! A handle is optional but really nice to have, cheapest option is probably This one from Aliexpress or making your own.
You'll also need something to hold the head, this can be a old coffee cup or something more specialized This one from amazon is the one I started out with and works great (both sizes work, small one head touches bottom) This is another option from Ali for a stand (get the 18mm)

If you need any good glass recommendations I'd highly recommend skimming backwards through the Cheap high quality bubbler thread until you find something you like. Cloud Connoisseur also has some great glass options to choose from.

Feel free to DM me if ya got anymore questions

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I find that small volume pieces can work, but you might be overwhelmed by the amount of vapor if you don't manage it. If you have the means, I'd recommend picking up an bigger piece. The CC glass is great, but you can also check out the cheap glass thread.

Anyway try the piece you have first, you might like it!

You don't have to have a handle for your coil. It's just convenient. You can hold it anywhere below the clamp safely. That being said a handle is nice. Dfreez and Ed's TNT both make terrific ones. IDB does too, but he is a bit busy now.

As for any else you need, you might want a poker or something to stir the bowl. You also might want a jar to dump your duff. I have a bunch of bowls so I suspect you might end up collecting those. Definitely pick up a 14mm injector bowl sometime because that absolutely rules.

When you go wireless you'll want some other accessories but we can talk about that then.

(I was too slow and @jkeyes98 said most of this already, but I typed it all out lol)

Madtater

As for something to stir/scrape the bowl, we sell these at the cigar shop for like $3 a piece. i work at the shop part time (hobby really).

sansheng 6 Pack 3in1 Smoking Pipe Tool - pipe cleaning tool,pipe tamper tool, Tobacco pipe tool Cleaner, pipe tools for smoking tobacco https://a.co/d/jhi1SBD

Obviously you don’t need 6 of them, but it is the cheaper option.

I use one of these for my zeal setup. Scoop works nice, has a stir and a tamp as well. Basic design, but it is a very inexpensive option.

howie105

Ball vapes can work on anything from j-hooks to big bongs. Getting the setup right and use is as important as the glass.

Having a heat-resistant container (box, pan, etc.) to contain the parts makes organizing and storing the kit quick and easy. For a handle, silicone self fusing tape is heat-resistant, provides some electrical cord strain relief, and you get to make the handle any size and shape you need.

Hints start small and low, especially with small glass pieces. Ballers can run well across a wide range of temperatures (340 f to combustion) and loads (from .035 g to .6 g, my experience) Ramping up loads and temperature is easy and cranking down a load once it is hit is impossible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom