• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Your opinion on coffee and alcohol?

kalel

Read a lot of different articles online and there doesn't appear to be any clarity on this.

I've always avoided other substances on a day I have vaped herb to ensure nothing interacts badly with it.

However, I have a coffee every morning and would love to be able to vape after but I'm wondering what the consensus is on this? Some say herb constricts blood vessels and because caffeine does the same, its not a good idea to do both within x amount of hours of each other, others say it doesn't matter?

What's been your experience?

Lastly, a big no no i was told was don't drink alcohol and vape herb. Do only one in the same day.

Again what's your experience?

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
you know, personal experiences are, well, personal.

for example, the biggest effect on the body is nutrition and exercise. build a strong foundation, and enjoy cannabis, coffee, wine (in moderation) - i've given up harder drink 'cause it just doesn't appeal to me anymore, although an occasional scotch or tequila if the situation is right, or for a new experience - and beer, although the carbs in beer is almost too much for me.

i'm low carb/minimal sugar for the last year - dipping into and out of ketosis as the mood strikes. i'll be 72 in March, been using cannabis for 52 years. i love starting my day with my coffee and my vaporizer. every day. and sometimes wine in the evening with my vaporizer.

my tactic 37 years ago was to focus on aerobics. so for the last 37 years i have done 30 minutes of aerobics 5 out of 7 days. and strength training for the last 6 years.

i feel i have a program to keep the platform fully functional to enjoy the "vices" i apply to it. at least, so far so good.

personally, i have never had bad interactions with cannabis and other substances at the same time.

Hungry Ghost

If you're talking about the THC in cannabis then I'd recommend not mixing it with alcohol as it tends to react badly with it and you're most likely to have a bad trip. Something I've noticed that cannabis before alcohol tends to potentialise alcohol. Though with alcohol before cannabis then the cannabis is potentialise. I've had my hippocampus shut down from using cannabis too soon after alcohol.

I don't know much about caffeine. It's a stimulant so use with caution if thc tends to unsettle you. Maybe have some terpenes and CBD to hand if things get a little bad.

L theanine also goes well with caffeine. I use it every day in tea as I don't feel the need for caffeine very often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Easywider

Simple is the way
Here's a helpful chart

172bxbtqvnl21.jpg

Baron23

"Your opinion on coffee and alcohol?"

My opinion is "yes, please." LOL

I drink coffee in the morning...one big mug every day.

I drink a scotch while vaping maybe 2-3 nights per week.

Do NOT drink and vape and drive, is my advise.

If you're talking about the THC in cannabis then I'd recommend not mixing it with alcohol as it tends to react badly with it and you're most likely to have a bad trip.

And what basis do you have for making that statement. I don't think they react badly, I do think MJ potentiates alcohol so be aware that you are doing both.

But there is, to my knowledge, no direct interaction between these two intoxicants.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
I drink coffee every morning alongside a vape off some CBD herb. No issue with mixing THC and caffeine but generally I don't as I'm not often using THC that early in the day, but wouldn't avoid the combo by any means. Alcohol sucks, IMO. When I drank some in college I found the combo to just ruin the herbal buzz. Don't drink period anymore as I have no interest in its effects.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I am careful when adding beer to a vape session. I don't worry about health effects, I just know that my level of fuckedupness will be greatly enhanced. When vaping cannabis, I tend to limit myself to one beer. I like the thirst quenching and cooling effects of the beer when vaping.

Caffeine doesn't have a strong effect on me. No issues when vaping with coffee. But for me, coffee in the morning and vaping in the evening.

Now, mixing cannabis and cheeseburgers too often, that will definitely effect my health.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Coffee + vaping = my typical morning.
Beer + vaping = my typical evening.

I can only confirm that it hasn't killed me yet.

Yet.

:peace:

Me too. I find that to have an alcohol buzz before I add the cannabis buzz to it is ideal. I can easily melt into it. If I use cannabis before I drink enough to have an alcohol buzz, the effect is less ideal.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I don't dose in the morning. But I do in the afternoon, after work when I worked and now mostly before my afternoon walk/ski/hike/snowshoe/bike session. Almost always have my final cup of strong dark coffee for the day with that session. Later in the evening, 4 or 5 evenings a week, I vape some more, often with beer, mostly strong double IPAs or Belgian tripels.

In other words, I find dope and coffee go great together during the day and dope and beer go great together during the evening.

Like Hippie Dickie above, I've been doper for more than fifty years and doing it with coffee and booze for all that time with no known negative impacts and lots and lots of fun. Like Dickie I find that as long as I exercise regularly and eat reasonably healthily, I am free to enjoy and indulge myself...oft times reaching for the fine line between moderation and excess.

virtualpurple

I don’t drink much, maybe twice a year. But when I do drink I tend to go a little overboard. However I am surprised that most people that I know perceive me to have a loose buzz who’s still got most of his faculties, when the truth of the matter is that I’m already buckled in on a roller coaster. It’s too late To get off the tracks and I’m going to be hungover for 45 minutes,

I like weed with coffee early in the day, and though I don’t generally vape weed while consuming alcohol but I’ve had no real ill effects that I recall.

I definitely wouldn’t combine an edible and alcohol though, I feel like that is just a rollercoaster into the fog with twists and turns you can’t predict. I’m certainly not eager to replicate that experience. I was a funny hot mess. I only had a few bites of this magic rice Krispy treat too, but boy was it volatile when combined with the uncounted glasses I had drank at the wedding.

baxter

For me drinking caffeine with a morning vape will result in anxiety symptoms. Im really working on reducing my caffeine consumption. As far as alcohol I had to completely abstain because I became a problem alcoholic so now I decided to completely stop. It caused me alot of trouble in my life. I am unable to drink responsibly so the only solution was 100% abstinence.

Planck

believes in Dog
Coffee and cannabis, umm yeah! Real coffee fresh milled, preferably a Black Russian/Americano double shot with some honey. :nod: I drink these all day everyday though, three or four a day on average but I don't count. Hot, cold whatever.

Alcohol and cannabis, I'm with the wee nip before only crowd. Occasionally though, I am not much of a drinker, there was a time but find alcohol does more harm than good in anything but moderation. YMMV but I doubt it.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Coffee and cannabis, umm yeah! Real coffee fresh milled, preferably a Black Russian/Americano double shot with some honey. :nod:
:nod: sounds good! I make espresso at home in a moka pot, freshly ground every morn'. I drink it black, with honey, with maple, or with Irish Cream (non-alcoholic) -- any which way :rockon:

One of these days I'm going to put a teaspoon of some homemade cannabis oil in there. :tup:

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
For me drinking caffeine with a morning vape will result in anxiety symptoms. Im really working on reducing my caffeine consumption. As far as alcohol I had to completely abstain because I became a problem alcoholic so now I decided to completely stop. It caused me alot of trouble in my life. I am unable to drink responsibly so the only solution was 100% abstinence.
Yeah I hear you. I no longer drink alcohol after becoming dependent and have to be very careful with my caffeine intake.
If I overdo it on the espressos and lose control of my anxiety, vaping on top of that gets really nasty like a bionic anxiety.

EDIT: I meant to add that getting the mix right with cannabis and caffeine can be wonderful too. I just tend to then go and overdo it and ruin it (just like I did with booze!):)

snamuh

ghost
Alcohol... Imo is the dumbest drug.

Caffeine is abused and nobody understands when they feel bad... it might very well be because caffeine abuse.

I try to limit both but I am kind of a coffee addict... And I abuse alcohol if I'm at a party.

Schlumples

Resident Otter
Alcohol... Imo is the dumbest drug.

Caffeine is abused and nobody understands when they feel bad... it might very well be because caffeine abuse.

I try to limit both but I am kind of a coffee addict... And I abuse alcohol if I'm at a party.
Yeah, caffeine can be abused easily. I limit myself to 1 cup/day, save for very rare occasions, but I used to drink a lot more. Had horrid withdrawals when I quit for about a month at one point, just to get it under control.

Top Bottom