Your opinion on coffee and alcohol?

snamuh

ghost
Yeah, caffeine can be abused easily. I limit myself to 1 cup/day, save for very rare occasions, but I used to drink a lot more. Had horrid withdrawals when I quit for about a month at one point, just to get it under control.
Same...

I used a jull for 3 months and quit and I didn't even notice much in terms of withdrawals. Caffeine on the other hand, I practically have to call out of work.

Planck

believes in Dog

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
:nod: sounds good! I make espresso at home in a moka pot, freshly ground every morn'. I drink it black, with honey, with maple, or with Irish Cream (non-alcoholic) -- any which way :rockon:

A perfect cup of weekend coffee to go with my cannabis high has a half-shot of kahlua, half-shot of Baileys, and a shot of vanilla cognac included.
(A mug, not an 8oz cup, lol)

kalel

Alcohol... Imo is the dumbest drug.

Caffeine is abused and nobody understands when they feel bad... it might very well be because caffeine abuse.

I try to limit both but I am kind of a coffee addict... And I abuse alcohol if I'm at a party.
Yeah i limit to one cup of coffee a day

Coffee and cannabis, the sane person's speedball! :haw:
Thats my concern. Does having coffee and cannabis within a certain time frame cause the heart to speed up? I want to avoid anxiety and any heart issues that's why i ask. I'm very cautious about mixing cannabis with any other substances including vitamins. So when you say "speedball" that conjures up visions in my head of the heart racing. Is that what you're saying?

Last edited by a moderator:

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Thats my concern. Does having coffee and cannabis within a certain time frame cause the heart to speed up? I want to avoid anxiety and any heart issues that's why i ask. I'm very cautious about mixing cannabis with any other substances including vitamins. So when you say "speedball" that conjures up visions in my head of the heart racing. Is that what you're saying?

Just a joke. The combo is enjoyable for me.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Up until my mid thirties, I could consume caffeine with reckless abandon, morning, noon or night.
These days I use it medicinally for headaches. If I have tea or coffee after 6pm it keeps me awake till some ungodly hour(I used to have a tea straight before bed and sleep like a baby)

Another side effect I now get from caffeine is the shakes and an energy low, which I never used to get.

@kalel I used to be fine with caffeine, now I am mindful of how I use it. You might need experiment a bit to see what works for you and what doesn't. :peace:

kalel

Just a joke. The combo is enjoyable for me.
Ah got it. thanks

Up until my mid thirties, I could consume caffeine with reckless abandon, morning, noon or night.
These days I use it medicinally for headaches. If I have tea or coffee after 6pm it keeps me awake till some ungodly hour(I used to have a tea straight before bed and sleep like a baby)

Another side effect I now get from caffeine is the shakes and an energy low, which I never used to get.

@kalel I used to be fine with caffeine, now I am mindful of how I use it. You might need experiment a bit to see what works for you and what doesn't. :peace:

Thats some great input. Thanks.

There should be a way to delete posts. Why isn't there mods? I see edit but thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I do love coffee, but the withdrawal is just stupid. A ridiculous drug that only really has an effect AFTER you become an addict :) Thankfully, I get one day of headaches and grumpy mood and then I'm clear of the 'addiction'. Not going cold turkey is the key, ween yourself off.

But instead of any of that, I have a coffee subscription with York Coffee Emporium :D Their Christmas Coffee is one of the best things I've tasted! :)

kalel

I do love coffee, but the withdrawal is just stupid. A ridiculous drug that only really has an effect AFTER you become an addict :) Thankfully, I get one day of headaches and grumpy mood and then I'm clear of the 'addiction'. Not going cold turkey is the key, ween yourself off.

But instead of any of that, I have a coffee subscription with York Coffee Emporium :D Their Christmas Coffee is one of the best things I've tasted! :)
LOL you start by saying ween off then you talk about a subscription LOL Classic.

If you want to delete a post, click the REPORT button at the bottom of the post box and in the comments section, ask a mod to delete it for you.

Will do, thanks

kalel,
Top Bottom