You people who like the taste of bud.

GoldenBud

I'll refine myself: the chance you meet somebody that can tell you that the weed tastes like 1,2,3,4,5 is rare. usually it ends in a very lightly description, the cases which are excluded - he grew it / took a dab of the same pheno / smelled it for long time

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
But i definitely agree that the flavour is much more pronounced and more pure/identifiable in vaping, don't get me wrong. I clearly remember the explosion of terps i got when i tried a good vape for the first time.
For sure you miss a lot of the fine details when you combust.
I just wanted to point out that ime you can get a decent taste profile of a strain as a combuster as well. Just as there was a big difference between joints: a good roll-up makes a big difference! The perfect consistency, mix, paper... It all had an impact.
Some people rolled horrible joints while using the same ingredients but with a terrible technique... After a while i knew which ones to refuse... LoL
So even in my combusting days i was selective and tasted small differences.

But vaping opens up the terp-experience for sure. I'd believe a vape-sommelier over a combusting one any day of the week...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
smoker can't tell you if the pheno has diesel+sweetness from almost grapes or just diesel i think... they miss the deep tastes IMHO
Sorry man, this isn't true! I absolutely could tell you what strain I was smoking based on taste. I still favour the same strain for flavour today as I did back then. If I tried it now though I couldn't do it because I'm not used to the flavour of the smoke anymore and can't mentally block that out. It just tastes like shit, all of it lol.

GoldenBud

Sorry man, this isn't true! I absolutely could tell you what strain I was smoking based on taste. I still favour the same strain for flavour today as I did back then. If I tried it now though I couldn't do it because I'm not used to the flavour of the smoke anymore and can't mentally block that out. It just tastes like shit, all of it lol.
damn.... bongs or joints? maybe in bongs just right before the smoke burn it all some terps - oil can spill into the smoke or something....
but glad for you it worked also when you were smoking, didn't work for me, couldn't taste the lemon/grapes/musky/diesel tastes, never

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Don't get me won't man, I can't taste much more nuanced flavours now and the experience is amplified, but I did choose (the same sometimes) strains for flavour

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I'll refine myself: the chance you meet somebody that can tell you that the weed tastes like 1,2,3,4,5 is rare.

Let's be fair, though: I don't think the majority of vapers could do that without any hint of what strain is in front of them. Maybe arrange some kind of blind test with four or five different strains just to give yourself an idea how hard that actually is.

And yeah, while most of us do detest smoked weed today, most of us actually enjoyed smoking joints, bongs or whatever at some point of our lives. I totally did, also for the flavor.

I still agree with you to some extend; for me vaping was an absolute revelation in terms of flavors, there's just no comparison when it comes to purity and the terpy details – it's just a different league; I can hardly imagine anyone ever going back to smoking for flavor reasons.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
you have to have be off smoke for a month or so to knock the soot off your tongue.

Been a long time since I've had an ol combusting bong hit, or any smoke in general.

My bong is the turf of my Anvil now. Which for a device that is suppose to "ride the line" it might make sense that I am struggling to pickup any tastes.

However, as a man who likes his vape rips at the highest of temps; I don't think I'd ever buy another vape considering the Anvil seems like it will last a lifetime. I registered to this forum thinking I'd be exploring many electric vapes in the coming years (that could have developed my senses) but after receiving an Anvil I feel complete. I legitimately probably won't ever buy another vape.

So now my question is, do people find the Anvil tasty? I actually purchased it from a user on here who hated it as it lacked taste.

My buddies always ask if they can use the Anvil now, they see it as the future lmao

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So now my question is, do people find the Anvil tasty?
I was surprised by how much flavor you can coax out of an Anvil. It's not my tastiest vape by a long shot, but it does better than a vapcap for me. However the worst taste I have ever encountered without combusting was an RTL hit in the Anvil. It tasted like absolute dogshit and shocked me. I really didn't think a vape could taste that bad.

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
100% honest, I have never met a person that smokes for the taste, granted none of my friends (except for ONE whom I’ve passed my flowermate down to) use vapes.

Personally I don’t understand how I am not able to ever pick up taste, all I ever experience is the taste of weed. I now own an anvil after another user here said he didn’t enjoy the Anvil as it slacks on terps. I have no way of confirming that claim cause as the only taste I’ve ever got is a burnt popcorn type taste with electric vapes, the Anvil has only a HINT of burnt popcorn like taste and I’m wondering why that is.

I’ve tried a mighty before as well and again, same deal, burnt popcorn again.

While I have no idea if you can taste terps through combustion, why the hell am I not able to experience taste? Is it just the devices I’ve been using? Is that taste of weed something I’m not picking up on? If so it’s certainly not a strong difference in taste at all

Joints and blunts again have always all tasted like just weed. So is it just me? Again none of my friends whom I ask understand differences in taste, everyone says it’s just fucking weed.

98% of the time when I consume its just hemp. It has the same taste as regular cannabis to me.

School me
To me, it sounds like you haven't experienced and super flavorful vapes. Of course the mighty won't make the flavors sparkle, it's plastic and metal. The flowermate is a full conduction unit, not great for flavor. The anvil, despite the intentions and claims of the maker, is mostly convection and the terpenes are burnt off before you get to hit it. My gf didn't know what I meant by taste until she tried my B-0 with its small amount of titanium but primarily glass airpath. This purity in the airpath means the flavor is both untainted (by the heater) and preserved (all glass vapor path).

recursive

Been a long time since I've had an ol combusting bong hit, or any smoke in general.

My bong is the turf of my Anvil now. Which for a device that is suppose to "ride the line" it might make sense that I am struggling to pickup any tastes.

However, as a man who likes his vape rips at the highest of temps; I don't think I'd ever buy another vape considering the Anvil seems like it will last a lifetime. I registered to this forum thinking I'd be exploring many electric vapes in the coming years (that could have developed my senses) but after receiving an Anvil I feel complete. I legitimately probably won't ever buy another vape.

So now my question is, do people find the Anvil tasty? I actually purchased it from a user on here who hated it as it lacked taste.

My buddies always ask if they can use the Anvil now, they see it as the future lmao
I feel the same except about my Vapman haha. It helps that I have a low tolerance. Right now Vapman and a Tinymight are all I need

recursive,
Reactions: RxPlorer
Top Bottom