• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

You people who like the taste of bud.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
100% honest, I have never met a person that smokes for the taste, granted none of my friends (except for ONE whom I’ve passed my flowermate down to) use vapes.

Personally I don’t understand how I am not able to ever pick up taste, all I ever experience is the taste of weed. I now own an anvil after another user here said he didn’t enjoy the Anvil as it slacks on terps. I have no way of confirming that claim cause as the only taste I’ve ever got is a burnt popcorn type taste with electric vapes, the Anvil has only a HINT of burnt popcorn like taste and I’m wondering why that is.

I’ve tried a mighty before as well and again, same deal, burnt popcorn again.

While I have no idea if you can taste terps through combustion, why the hell am I not able to experience taste? Is it just the devices I’ve been using? Is that taste of weed something I’m not picking up on? If so it’s certainly not a strong difference in taste at all

Joints and blunts again have always all tasted like just weed. So is it just me? Again none of my friends whom I ask understand differences in taste, everyone says it’s just fucking weed.

98% of the time when I consume its just hemp. It has the same taste as regular cannabis to me.

School me

vapviking

Old & In the Way
At this point I have more questions than answers...

Either you or the cannabis, What the heck you vaping?
Are you also a combuster of cannabis or tobacco? Those habits can dull your sense of taste & smell.

Do you consider yourself to have a 'refined palette' when it comes to food? Or alcohol, wine, etc.?

Do farts (other peoples') bother you? Ha! Just checking.

Burnt popcorn taste usually comes as the last taste of vaped bud, not really charring, but it is the indicator usually associated with, "this bowl is done." The good flavors happen before that, obviously.

When you grind up some bud, does it always smell the same, even different strains, etc.?

I definitely don't vape "for taste" alone, but it is a big factor in what I'll select to vape.

danjens

The taste of vaping delicious weed, to me, is as enjoyable as the effects of the weed itself.
I often shop for cbd flower and always hunt for the highest terps, same with selecting strains to cultivate.
I have no experience with a flowermate but have put the anvil through its paces.
While it’s not a device I would said is geared towards terpt hits, they are possible.
The flavor profiles you’re describing and the fact you’re finding regular hemp combustion has the same flavor suggests maybe find some higher quality flower? Could be cbd flower too, but find some good smelling flower and see if that makes a difference.
If you’re finding good flower, try lower temps.
Heating your anvil less aggressively will help maintain the flavor. If you’re looking for a more flavorful hit, try heating the top copper band. You will not get complete extraction but you also won’t cook your terps away.
Hopefully this helps, best of luck.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

Either you or the cannabis, What the heck you vaping?
Usually when I buy cannabis its from random local dealers, I try to avoid dispensaries but I have bought from dispensaries MANY times. However as I mostly buy hemp, I've purchased from Horn Creek, Tweedle Farms, 8HH.. couple others too
Are you also a combuster of cannabis or tobacco? Those habits can dull your sense of taste & smell.
Only cannabis
Do you consider yourself to have a 'refined palette' when it comes to food? Or alcohol, wine, etc.?
While I can't attest for food (not really sure how to answer that to be honest), I can definitely taste the differences in wine and alcohols.
Do farts (other peoples') bother you? Ha! Just checking.
dead serious, my whole life I have never been bothered by others farts. I remember in school someone would rip ass, everyone would go "Ewww" and I'm just sitting there not noticing what they're smelling lol.
Burnt popcorn taste usually comes as the last taste of vaped bud, not really charring, but it is the indicator usually associated with, "this bowl is done." The good flavors happen before that, obviously.
I didn't know this, makes sense now considering the anvil spends the bowl in one go.
When you grind up some bud, does it always smell the same, even different strains, etc.?
No, I can detect different smells easily from different strains.

I'm not sure what you can deduct from this as I seem all over the place but I'm dead serious!

Last edited:
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,
Reactions: vapviking

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

The flavor profiles you’re describing and the fact you’re finding regular hemp combustion has the same flavor suggests maybe find some higher quality flower?
Combustion just tastes dirtier and heavier (heavy describe taste? lol) but yeah it just clearly tastes like I'm breathing in smoke. Vaping tastes again like weed and hot air.
Could be cbd flower too, but find some good smelling flower and see if that makes a difference.
If you’re finding good flower, try lower temps.
Have any suggestions of terpy flowers? I've purchased from many farms but I refuse to pay 80-$100+ for an ounce of hemp.
Heating your anvil less aggressively will help maintain the flavor. If you’re looking for a more flavorful hit, try heating the top copper band. You will not get complete extraction but you also won’t cook your terps away.
I will try doing this more, I always aim for the battery

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

Honestly, this could just come down to human genetics, it's kind of a guessing game but any suggestions to extract taste better are appreciated.

When I shop for bud, I shop for strength. Higher percentages of CBD and or THC (obviously except when I'm buying from random dealers not disp)

The hemp I buy online usually has approx 16%-23% cannabanoids.

When you guys vape with friends who are not essentially enthusiasts, do they notice taste? I've only ever got burnt popcorn feedback.

Last edited:
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

florduh

I've only ever got burnt popcorn feedback.

That sounds like a vape issue. A Powerful convection vape can grab all the best tasting vapor before it really gets to the burnt popcorn taste.

But... I'm sure there are people who don't like the taste of cannabis even under ideal circumstances. I like the hoppy taste of IPA beer. To me, that's what good weed tastes like when vaporized. Plenty of people just don't care for that taste.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

That sounds like a vape issue. A Powerful convection vape can grab all the best tasting vapor before it really gets to the burnt popcorn taste.

But... I'm sure there are people who don't like the taste of cannabis even under ideal circumstances. I like the hoppy taste of IPA beer. To me, that's what good weed tastes like when vaporized. Plenty of people just don't care for that taste.
While I loved the flowermate, I would agree it's definitely poorer quality vapors. Have you tried to Anvil? Taste opinion on that device?

Last edited:
HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Unless you vape strictly at high temps, flavor should be one of the first sensations you'd notice when vaping – that was the thing that made me want to switch after I had my first session. It's actually very prominent, at least for the first few hits.

But when it comes to smell and taste (which are heavily linked) everyone is quite a bit different. That fart story shows that your sense of smell is not very sensitive, most likely your sense of taste is affected by that too (edit: pro tip – exhaling vapor through the nose might make it easier to sense the details of a strain). Everyone has some kind of flavor or taste profile that they have a hard time to detect; just take any kind of (complex) perfume and ask people what they smell, often they will describe very different scents. Some people detect tobacco, fruits or almonds in a cup of coffee, for others it just tastes like... coffee. :-)

Last edited:

netstreemz

Could be the quality of flower you are smoking as well. Now that I’m using a Tinymight and an Airizer Air Max, I’m becoming a flavor chaser. There are some cultivators that cater to us like 710 Labs, Blem and Cali Lotus. I’d like to find a thread for tasty meds.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

Could be the quality of flower you are smoking as well. Now that I’m using a Tinymight and an Airizer Air Max, I’m becoming a flavor chaser. There are some cultivators that cater to us like 710 Labs, Blem and Cali Lotus. I’d like to find a thread for tasty meds.
No difference in dispensary bud, I don't know how I could get any higher quality than that. Hemp however there's some expensive farms but I can't bring myself to drop $100+ on hemp.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

Wow, my wife and I play guess the strain with every trench in tbe MFLB and rarely is either of us wrong. Flavor is a huuuge part of tbe experience. Do you clean your gear?
Very often, it all tastes exactly the same. Smells are distinct but never had flavor. Smoking is hot and heavy, vape is just hot air lmao

I don't think anyone I know cares about taste cause they all combust unless they're with me and wanna use the vape. Yet they still don't notice a difference like me, just tastes like weed.

It's not something I ever looked for in an experience, the experience is the effect to me.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

GoldenBud

please upload a photo of your bud(s)
i have such a feeling you need to look for more trichomes on your buds
most good looking buds are delicious, some people don't like the buds which taste like Mint/Garlic/Chives but most of the buds today have cookies/lemon/diesel/wooden/grapes taste and i like it 99% of the times

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When you guys vape with friends who are not essentially enthusiasts, do they notice taste? I've only ever got burnt popcorn feedback.

Yeah, especially if they smoke, not heavily, they always comment on the taste... I am using pure convection on demand vapes though, like RBT, Tetra, log vapes, Tinymight and Firewood7, StickyBricks, etc. These are all pure tasty vapes, flowemate is notoriously poor flavor (not just because it is session conduction, but also because of the cheap Chinese budget materials used, the insulation primarily lol) and yeah a mighty is still session style constantly cooking the herbs for you so the flavor is gone quick in my experience and it's not that great... Anvil has also been said by most people to not be great for flavor, I don't think they even released their flavor chamber yet??

So it could be combination of the weed, like I never find hemp tastes as good as good weed, how you grind and load and use, but it also really sounds like the vapes to me...

Also by the way you can respond to multiple people in one post, using the quote button at the bottom of posts, collect the replies and then insert them into your own reply all at once so you don't have to keep posting back to back to back :tup:

TeaCup

Unless you vape strictly at high temps, flavor should be one of the first sensations you'd notice when vaping
"I didn't know this, makes sense now considering the anvil spends the bowl in one go."
"I will try doing this more, I always aim for the battery"

I think Siebter's answer could be where it lies. On all the vapes you've ever tried have you always used them at the very highest temperatures? I'm not trying to sound condescending with this next statement, please please know that, but it sounds like from a couple of above statements you thought the only way to use the Anvil was by RTL'ing?

I don't think anyone I know cares about taste cause they all combust unless they're with me and wanna use the vape. Yet they still don't notice a difference like me, just tastes like weed.

This is weird to me. "Just tastes like weed"..........to me, personally, combusting weed doesn't taste like weed, it tastes like absolute shit. In all my years smoking I could never ever taste the differences in different strains. The only thing I could tell was really really good weed was smoother hitting, that's it. And RTLing with an Anvil is gonna give you that same exact "just tastes like weed" flavor that you and your friends are experiencing.........because it's not a flavor, it's just a shit taste. So maybe your running in the red with all your vapes? Maybe I'm completely off base here and I'm misunderstanding it all.........if so, nothing to see here, please move along, lol.

Edit: Sorry for the horrible way I composed this whole mess of quotes and crap.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Yeah, and it's not like with wine or coffee or the like, where you have to practice for some time to detect those subtle nuances. As @GoldenBud hinted, some strains taste like lime or cottage cheese or patchouli or candy, so *very* different from each other. Actually there is no one „weed flavor“.

GoldenBud

Yeah, and it's not like with wine or coffee or the like, where you have to practice for some time to detect those subtle nuances. As @GoldenBud hinted, some strains taste like lime or cottage cheese or patchouli or candy, so *very* different from each other. Actually there is no one „weed flavor“.
some Black Mamba pheno is like Onion + Chives + Mint, so people don't like it too much you know... maybe he had those kind of terpz and he feels it while vaping....lol
Can't say I liked it too much, but it wasn't too bad...not a pleasure tho

howie105

Many individual factors can play a part in the taste of a hit. As a home garden fan, I appreciate how much effort can be put into growing, harvesting, curing, and storing buds. Lots of things need to go right, and mistakes can mean a significant drop in quality. Then there is the gear; how it is designed, how it is maintained, and how well it is used; a deep rabbit hole indeed. The last major factor that springs to mind is just one individual's perception. Age, health, activity, environment, and many more factors play a part in our sensitivity to taste. In the best case scenario, all the moving parts come together, and it's a very tasty hit; otherwise, it's better luck next time.

TeaCup

Actually there is no one „weed flavor“.
Aren't they saying "weed flavor" more from a combusting stand point though? That's why they're experiencing the same "weed flavor" when vaping, if indeed they're maxing out temps in every vape. This "flavor" to them, IS just one flavor, and that flavor if combusting is how they're interpreting flavor to be across the board, hence "weed flavor". Right? :shrug: Who the heck knows, lol. I'm gonna go blast off my morning with one of the alltime best flavored strains, Bubble Gum! Not from a personal favorite stand point, I'm not a sweet flavored guy at all at all. But this is the one strain that I just don't know how they do it. It tastes EXACTLY like a piece of Bubble Gum from those old 70 & 80's Topps baseball cards that you could buy that had that slice of pink gum the size and width of the cards themselves in it. The ones that were hard as a rock, hard as a brick, hard as concrete........you've never experienced hard gum if you've never experienced a slice of 70's Topps baseball card bubble gum!!!!! I will swear by that to my grave, lol!

Joie de Vivre

If you can smell differences, but don't mind farts and aren't sure you're tasting food right, and since the differences are pretty well documented by others, it is about your personal sensitivities.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

High temps are a good observation considering I now that I have the Anvil that apparently “rides the line”. I would always use my flowermate from 400-446, poor manufacturing but still high temps.

I think my buddies and me just overlook it at this point and seek specifically the effects of bud.

I’ll try a light roast with the anvil mixing in concentrates and see if I notice a difference. Cause to be quite honest I don’t think I will ever buy another vape, which is why I bought the anvil. I wanted something that will last me until my deathbed lmao. Unless this thing gets ran over by a car I don’t see it becoming a paperweight.

Any more suggestions is highly appreciated, thank you for hearing me out everyone

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
High temps are a good observation considering I now that I have the Anvil that apparently “rides the line”. I would always use my flowermate from 400-446, poor manufacturing but still high temps.

I think my buddies and me just overlook it at this point and seek specifically the effects of bud.

I’ll try a light roast with the anvil mixing in concentrates and see if I notice a difference. Cause to be quite honest I don’t think I will ever buy another vape, which is why I bought the anvil. I wanted something that will last me until my deathbed lmao. Unless this thing gets ran over by a car I don’t see it becoming a paperweight.

Any more suggestions is highly appreciated, thank you for hearing me out everyone

Okay yeah especially running a flowermate at those temps, you're hitting it right to popcorn, and in my experience the mighty is not that much better... You'd find better flavor with an Arizer vape, session style still, otherwise yeah on demand vapes with pure materials have much better flavor imo Good luck with the Anvil though, I feel like that should be capable if you can keep temp low!

Top Bottom