Yocan Lux 510 Battery

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Found these on my doorstep this morning, will be putting them through the ringer and document my findings for my FC family!

5-D3178-B5-9-D88-4-E5-F-B9-F1-E89-B51-E933-BF.jpg

First impressions are these definitely have some heft to them, this is aimed as an affordable bare bones battery but it’s got great airflow (four large notches) and will fit any 510 threaded cartridge since larger prefilled tanks are becoming more popular in legal markets. Sometimes the other batteries with magnetic collars don’t line up well and the airflow suffers, this seems to address that.

Will add more thoughts as they trickle in!

florduh

Sometimes the other batteries with magnetic collars don’t line up well and the airflow suffers, this seems to address that.

Yup, I've noticed this sometimes too. The voltages look good, I just wonder if the software on the Uni Pro makes a big difference. And Uni Pro's seem really cheap these days so I'm curious on the pricing.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
And Uni Pro's seem really cheap these days

Yeah that’s hard to argue with there.

I think this is aimed as a Kodo replacement. Kodo is super light though which is still kind of cool, this goes down to lower voltage though, IIRC Kodo starts at 2.5v which is a bit hot for modern high end cartridges.

The side by side form factor is better in the pocket IMHO, but this one seems like it might make a good “C-nail” (CCell Enail) battery for water pipe usage since there’s no magnets and sliders that can break the connection during a water hit.

IMHO the steps seem a bit high on these, I’m not quite sure if it jumps from 1.8 straight to 2.4 or if there’s something in between? The digital readout of the Pro is more confidence inspiring in that regard. I do like the dial up here instead of on the bottom though like other variable voltage offerings - seems easier to inspect.

Also the fire button on this one has a bright green glow which I find quite nice for some reason 🐡🐡🐡

biohacker

I have a couple of these and they're just okay, and yeah again basically identical to the Yocan Ari mini although the Ari has usb-c. Carts wiggle on mine, but I beta tested and they told me they would send me replacements if I wanted but I didn't bother. I much prefer the Yocan Kodo Pro.

Top Bottom