XMAX V3 Nano, simple&small.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've never tried the nano, but it seems like an apples-to-apples comparison would be to use one of the glass MPs for the v3 pro.
You are correct, except my apples to apples involved default configuration.

But yes, yesterday due to a fluke circumstance I did one bowl with V3Pro using a GVB glass stem they made for it with some dimples and glass balls in it, and it was more comparable to the Nano- when I had the GVB stem attached.
I think I posted a picture of that two pages before this one.
I guess I really don't like the V3Pro mouthpiece very much.

I have also gotten more used to the Nano std glass stem and I realize I can use it that way just fine, but I'm still not crazy about the higher temps nearer the end of the cycle.

Today I noticed that for a stem cover while pocketing I can use the silicone cover from a standard 510 oil cart.

Last edited:

krvnked

ive seen those before. and they would probably have a better chance at fitting (especially if it's a tight fit, I am assuming that you can probably squeeze and shape those super fine mesh bodies between your fingers?) but I just prefer the design of the metal ones I bought because it's like the other capsules I already own (Lobo + Fury), which produces substantial vapor sessions in my experience.

with that said, the all mesh design of those however would probably be a lot better for airflow...

if the ones I bought don't fit the nano, ill just use them with my DynaVap.

krvnked

so I’m not sure how easily obtainable the little filters in the glass will be to have extra on hand of which seems to be the only part that is a little annoying to clean as the screen doesn’t seem to be replaceable on that little plug. Otherwise I’d recommend buying extra filters (not glass) to make maintenance and clean up time easy. Glass piece is super easy to clean so no need for backup maybe 1

Anyway I’m experimenting with filters in case I can’t buy replacements so I just took two mesh screens and twisted them together like a helix. A disposable and quick solution to particle filtering

XpeeN

so I’m not sure how easily obtainable the little filters in the glass will be to have extra on hand of which seems to be the only part that is a little annoying to clean as the screen doesn’t seem to be replaceable on that little plug. Otherwise I’d recommend buying extra filters (not glass) to make maintenance and clean up time easy. Glass piece is super easy to clean so no need for backup maybe 1

Anyway I’m experimenting with filters in case I can’t buy replacements so I just took two mesh screens and twisted them together like a helix. A disposable and quick solution to particle filtering

This makes me wonder how it'll perform if you move the mesh screens up a bit and treat the bottom as a bowl. Any volunteer? for science?:D:science:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Quantum leap forward with Nano this morning!

Nano's glass tube is very, very close to - maybe slightly smaller than - the o.d. of the Roffu glass mp/WPA. I just used the silicone part and slid it over the Nano glass tube.
Voila! Ten bucks!
Enjoying the new GVB jhook, it got here just in time...

This makes me wonder how it'll perform if you move the mesh screens up a bit and treat the bottom as a bowl. Any volunteer? for science?:D:science:
It's in the queue...
I want to dig around for a small basket screen, might have to fashion something.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I want to dig around for a small basket screen,
I tried cutting one down to fit but gave up, just too small for me to manage. I did try a load in a VapCap but not enough hot air or heat would transfer (I tried Ti and s/s). I did load the Nano bowl as normal and slid a nice Ed's TNT Huon Pine stem on top for a nice mouthpiece change.
1701778532248-jpg.50509

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Don't own a v3 nano, but isn't it the same style of packaging as the v3 pro? I remember people complained about the same problem with the v3 pro too.
Yes it's a similar white foam packaging, I transmit the complain.
Just paper cardboard? Simple enough
Yes, you are right, it's simple and recyclable, thank you for the input!
Nano arrived today. Sleek, small, 1,000 mah battery, I think this, when I try it, may be similar to a Grasshopper experience.
The little screen/vapor diverter plus the glass stem may make it slightly cooler than a hopper? Will see...
Hi, I'm very glad a so famous member took the plunge, I know you are a connoisseur and you have quality requirements. That's why I consider seriously your feedback. I noticed you (and @MoltenTiger ) got initial bad smell&taste issues, I believe your sens of smell is a lot better than mine and I believe your claims too. I will transmit the request to replace that foam packaging by odor-less cardbox packaging, hope it will be considered for subsequents batches.
I'm glad to notice you ended with a nice vaping experience! Enjoy the Nano!
I found a V3 Pro box cleaning up yesterday. It has black foam which still has a faint smell. Never had an obvious issue wlth both of my units there, although some did seem to have a similar experience unboxing V3 Pro as I have with Nano.
Thank you for the packaging suggestion, I will push in order to get it replaced by cardbox simple packaging. What do you mean by "med grade" packaging? Sterilized sealed sort of ziplock package?
I don't understand what you meant in your post last sentence? Please elaborate...
It is an interesting novelty, if only for its size.
While the chamber looks slightly bigger than I imagined, I would call this a micro-doser - at least when compared to the loads I do in other devices!
I think the idea behind the Xmax V3 Nano was to get all you want in a vape session in a 3mn timeframe, starting from first tasty hits with faint vapor production to the last thick hits with massive vapor production. Although, since it's only 3mn the taste is still noticeable by the last session's hit.
By my understanding of the V3 Nano software it's not really temp controlled but it's more based on wattage curve in order to match with desired target T°, although I'm surprised cause it doesn't seems to overheat while doing back to back sessions despite it does the same pre-heating so there is probably a sensor able to regulate the heat but not to shorten the pre-heat cycle... It's speculation, I have to ask to our engineers and report later...
I noticed your valid comments about the Nano's loading PIA, I can't disagree, we will probably release something to help...
It was mentionned in Reddit (r/XmaxVape) the glass mouthpiece to be not so much appreciated since it makes a such small device pretty difficult to carry without to get risks of breakage and it add too much length... What do you think about to replace the stock glass mouthpiece by a different shorter mouthpiece which can adapt on its own to fit a 14mm glass joint (it could be probably a shorter glass lined silicone/plastic mouthpiece)? I don't think an additionnal wpa accessorie could fit with V3 Nano's "spirit" but more a multi-purposes stock mouthpiece.
I took one for the team this morning, got an early start!

I vaped 6 chambers off a full charge, not too shabby! It is not quite the micro-doser I had thought, I'm learning just the right amount to put in, and it is a bit more than I thought previously.
What's an intense test :science:
for $50 (not on sale) this device is very impressive. if they can get these into most headshops in newly legal USA states, they got a winner for on the go use and for people who dont want to mess around with capsules and for people who dont want to mess around with batteries.
Thank you for joining the Xmax Fam, you are welcome! And thank you very much for that impressive appreciation of the Xmax V3 Nano, we are very glad it fits your usage style. To be able to offer it at a such price we had to go with a less expensive built-in power source, this is remove the need of a battery lid and helps to lower the price. With care and good battery management you can get it to work well for 2 years I believe... but it's too early to say (my claim is based on other small battery device released for Xvape brand, the Avant, mine is in its fourth year and still going strong (let me know if you need infos on battery management).
I am happy to hear more feedback in this thread, especially if it agrees with mine! :lol:
I agree, this is simple enough for a big market that wants 'simple'.
Taste profil surprised me also! Thank you for sharing so much! Yes simple is our spirit, we did the Convection heat Simple as a breeze with the V3Pro and, with the V3 Nano, we do the Beginner first experience Simple like to count one, two, three!
Your suggestion to release differents T° range devices is awesome but the best would be a software update rather than to release "range stucked" devices... although this is may happen in the next version, the Nano Pro:lol:, actual software can't permits such updates sadly.

I am enjoying my unit and sounds like a few others are being surprised at how well it vapes,
:tup:
I have less than a few days of use but I really do love it. this is a must have purchase if not for the price alone. the bowl fits 2-3 "pinches" perfectly.
Thank you for the kinds words about the Xmax V3 Nano, we are very glad to see how much you like it! No, there is no pass through feature and, while it's possible to use while it's charging we don't recommand to do it, this is will shorten the battery llifespan. For infos the built-in battery is a 18500 and yes, it's thinner than the classics 18650 like you noticed.
What makes you say it has pass-through charging? I can't see anything in the manual or promotional materials to suggest this?
No pass through charging but it's possible to use the Nano while it's charging, true Pass Through charging feature bypass the battery while in use (battery is charging and only charging, power source is the wall plug). It's a rare feature imho and we cannot implement the humble V3 Nano with a such "high end" feature.

Pass through typically refers to powering the device without putting load on the the battery. It's typically a bad idea to use lithium ion batteries while being charged as it can lead to over heating and reduce the life. I don't know if this applies to lithium polymer batteries but I would not do it.
Finally you explain yourself "Pass Through" feature a lot better than myself, thank you for the detailed explanation!
Oh I totally forgot it had a non-replaceable battery, yeah it might end up declining further more likely than dying in a year, meaning over time you will get fewer and fewer bowls per charge is all, but potentially fully die sooner yeah, just more risk of strain on the battery cell, which already happens with normal use discharging and recharging (this is the other detail about true pass through: if your battery is fully charged, and you are plugged in, then you can run straight off the wall without depleting the battery at all... Fairly certain that is not the case here, it would just mean the battery keeps recovering from any discharge by the constant charge, as you use it) regardless good feature to have particularly when cells are not replaceable so if this was all someone had they hopefully would not have much down time without it. Thanks!
In a year... ?!? With proper battery management you can expect to get your device (with built-in battery) alive for 2/3 years or even more, I do that claim based on my experience with such devices, I said above the Xvape Avant, with built-in battery, to be in its 4th years of service! although the V3 nano heating technology being pretty different, convection oriented, it may be more power demanding.

TerpChasersClub

Retailer
Here a US retailer selling the Xmax V3 Nano, enjoy:

Hello all, I am a very small, and new retailer! I apologize for having such small stock on the previous sale, as I did not anticipate the demand since my website is relatively unkown. I have just restocked the v3 nano as well as the combined 14/18mm wpa!

I will note that using the 18mm is hard as it seems to be on the small side. The one I opened and used was too small to be used with my 18mm dry catcher but fit on some other 18mm joints.

krvnked

Stop making me want to buy one of these and some dosing caps! I take it you are using the dosing cap there and just sticking the simrill in the top? Any issues? Does it cool it down? Any wiggles or is this something that feels solid when together?
that's actually a simrell clone I got on amazon for $40 im not sure if a real simrell would fit I dont own any real simrells but they look a little bit thicker???

no issues and seems to fit about as good as something could without it being an official product. there is a little rubber mouth/shroud that grabs the glass mouthpiece/stem as you insert it down into the device just like the v3 pro water adapter has. I wouldn't worry about it falling out...

I was just experimenting with different tips and remembered I had an extra stem and decided to see if it would fit and it did! Yes it definitely cools the vapor and tastes great (theres a cooling unit in the stem as well) but it makes the device look like something a sorcerer would carry lol

still love this thing though. nice to know that XMAX let us aware of what kind of battery is inside.

the capsules are so freaking small and cute would probably be perfect for concentrates or loading them up full of kief and sending yourself to high heavens

if the v3 pro is good for micro dosing then this thing is for nano dosing, as the name suggests ironically. it's always fun to see how far as little cannabis as possible can get you as high as possible with experimenting.

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Caps fit perfect

Kinda making this my new favorite device…
Glad to know you found caps with a good fitment, your pleasure is mine, glad you like it!
Hello all, I am a very small, and new retailer! I apologize for having such small stock on the previous sale, as I did not anticipate the demand since my website is relatively unkown. I have just restocked the v3 nano as well as the combined 14/18mm wpa!

I will note that using the 18mm is hard as it seems to be on the small side. The one I opened and used was too small to be used with my 18mm dry catcher but fit on some other 18mm joints.
It's nice you get rewarded by taking the risk to stock a brand new model with no appreciation feedbacks (since it wasn't released), you may have choosed to follow the safe path stocking only the most famous devices, I like how you are thinking!

I'll transmit the too small 18mm glass ground joint of WPA, I wasn't aware the WPA is now coming with a 18/14 combined male ground glass joints, thank you for sharing...
:tup:
still love this thing though. nice to know that XMAX let us aware of what kind of battery is inside.

the capsules are so freaking small and cute would probably be perfect for concentrates or loading them up full of kief and sending yourself to high heavens

if the v3 pro is good for micro dosing then this thing is for nano dosing, as the name suggests ironically. it's always fun to see how far as little cannabis as possible can get you as high as possible with experimenting.
Hi, the Xmax V3 Nano comes with a 18500 built-in Lithium-Polymer 1000mah battery.

Yep, microdosing is not only nice to lower your tolerance but it's, actually, the only way to get fresh weed taste for every hits... just by loading enough for a single hit or two... before to dump out the spent weed and load fresh again! Nice to see how much you appreciate our last device!

Jojofernz

Just got one in as well as a riggo, gonna charge and burn off, can’t wait to give them a try

….

Got a few bowls in and I’m impressed! First one was ok but was suggested by TCC to pack the bowl tight, and to wait 20-30 after preheat, I was off to the races with it! Hit one bowl two sessions and satisfying clouds throughout both sessions, flavor was better than I thought this thing could produce and faded mostly in the second session, decent brown avb after.

Used the Dynavap fat mouthpiece and secured great as a WPA, I used a big piece but I imagine something smaller or jhooks would be perfect for this, hit great. Couple videos of demonstration

Used fat mouthpiece on native glass mp as well and worked great, found the glass mouthpiece got pretty hot after a couple back to back sessions so the fat mp worked great for coverage on it

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
FYI the way to do this is to hit the report button at the bottom of a post, you can request merging of back-to-back that way, if you just type in the post there is no certain likelihood at all that any mod will ever see it lol
@Jojofernz , of course Snacks is correct here. But just in case- do you know about the Edit feature (on Android it is also at bottom of your post). It is available for a few hours after you make a post, so you can add or correct typo, etc.
Another feature I use often is the Preview. If I'm trying to post a photo I use Preview to see how it's going to look when published...

DeezVaprz

You got me to search and XMAX does carry them!

$15 shipping though lol $20 to replace the mouthpiece on a $50 vape. Oh well

If you're in the US shipping should be a bit cheaper through 420EDC

Top Bottom