XMAX V3 Nano, simple&small.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
so at this point are we to assume that US retailers aren't gonna stock these?

Or are we really waiting for shipping/customs clearance? In my experience, products do appear on websites while we wait for them to arrive stateside. I can't find one listing that isn't overseas. 🤔
I'll ask for clarification and report here later.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

MoltenTiger

So I left the Xmax V3 Nano sitting in a high airflow environment for several days, and upon trying it again I think it has cleaned up alright. There's no obvious flavour lurking as before. It seems to have disappeared, whatever was going on out-of-box was annoying and made the device basically unusable though the function was obviously solid, there was a strong heater/chamber burn off which was super nasty, and then a lingering weird smell/taste from I think the packaging or something that had seemingly soaked into the device. Now it seems okay.

I wasn't sure about claiming warranty for subjective smell/taste although it was initially really strong, it was good advice here and Xmax have reached out via DM, so thanks for that and I will reply soon
It seems to be okay. Having used V3 Pros fairly extensively I'm not too worried now that finally my Nano seems on par (for the record I was never stoked on the silicone and 'black box' nature to the components on V3 Pro and I am convinced using it with the Fury 2 WPA retrofitted to the magnetic glass mouthpiece alloy/silicone housing is a superior method to any other)...
I can only assume as an early unit my Nano may have had rework or simply been contaminated in transit. If there is any glue used in assembly it may not have been cured or something weird was up, which has settled down now - so it's not too ideal but I don't know if it's worth stripping down now or pursuing, it has seemingly 'come right' like a lot of portable heaters will do.
For all I know it could have been somehow treated/sprayed on import or been contaminated outside of control (a sealed box with known-good / inert material is probably the best way forward to eliminate at least that).

I took it out yesterday on the ebike and had the first session as intended. V3 Nano is a nice little unit for single chambers on the move. Perfect and fairly casual top up after having a bunch of TinyMights before heading out.
The session seems to take a while, too long when you watch, too quick when you miss it, being so used to on demand and one/two hits, I much prefer instant readiness and on/off max power convection heat.
But this hybrid works well and is suited to my intended slower use case. Though I'm tempted to turn it off often as it's not my style to stop and session for so long, so I need to get a feeling for the run time to heat soak - as this yields some crazy cloudage!
It'll take a bit of time to figure out a good pattern of use, but it vapes well and reasonably thoroughly it seems!
All I really need performance wise is MFLB x 100 which this might even be.

With the heat up taking so long to 220°C, from the 30s to 200°C, it's quite a while to wait or inhale again and again for not a lot of punch. And it takes a while longer to get vapour after each subsequent toke, having to reheat a chamber on a lazy temp curve, each time. But it seems to work pretty consistently, so for such an ultra portable and easy to use device I'm happy with it. I think it's badly suited for frequent usage.
It's definitely a bit of a messy unit to handle, but ignoring the filling and emptying, it is pretty nice to use.

I carried it in my riding shorts front pocket with keys and it worked out nice, would hardly know it's there. I forgot about it a bunch, and no botanical smell yet, seems fairly durable and scratch proof. looks like the nicotine vapes everyone in Australia is addicted to. The mouthpiece on the Nano is slightly less stealth, and too basic, but stays in place convincingly enough. Fairly tame heat signature too, so it does work well.

I guess it's best to empty chambers when the device is still hot.
I would only be happy using this as on occasion, so it's fit for purpose, but the chamber/mouthpiece is kind of miserable to deal with.

I was super keen for a mini V3 Pro, and besides the hopefully isolated bad start, this V3 Nano is going to be nice to have. It's a nice, in a way, joint-replacement of sorts.

Xmax are circling a really ultimate vape product with this overall design and performance potential. So I'd really like to see a 'Roffu take' on this device if you will.

I'm still a little puzzled by the out-of-box experience, I was really keen for this to be much better than it is in every way, but only the smell was really noteworthy, yet it's still good in every other way. I think it has already settled into being more practical than my other options. The mouthpiece needs an overhaul otherwise this is neat and great value. It does habe a real 'kettle is ready' whistle to it also, and maybe covering the air intake has other benefits beyond silencing any annoying noise.
Overall this is quite the useful stealthy ripper. Capsules would be nice, it would be so much cleaner and make portable multi-chambers approachable.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Here a US retailer selling the Xmax V3 Nano, enjoy:
Hey, Thanks!
And 20% off BF sale!
Blue one ordered. I almost went for 2 of them, but let's see how it works...
Shipping $4.20, but I splurged on priority mail, about 8 bucks. Still out the door under $50.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
So I left the Xmax V3 Nano sitting in a high airflow environment for several days, and upon trying it again I think it has cleaned up alright. There's no obvious flavour lurking as before. It seems to have disappeared, whatever was going on out-of-box was annoying and made the device basically unusable though the function was obviously solid, there was a strong heater/chamber burn off which was super nasty, and then a lingering weird smell/taste from I think the packaging or something that had seemingly soaked into the device. Now it seems okay.

I wasn't sure about claiming warranty for subjective smell/taste although it was initially really strong, it was good advice here and Xmax have reached out via DM, so thanks for that and I will reply soon
It seems to be okay. Having used V3 Pros fairly extensively I'm not too worried now that finally my Nano seems on par (for the record I was never stoked on the silicone and 'black box' nature to the components on V3 Pro and I am convinced using it with the Fury 2 WPA retrofitted to the magnetic glass mouthpiece alloy/silicone housing is a superior method to any other)...
I can only assume as an early unit my Nano may have had rework or simply been contaminated in transit. If there is any glue used in assembly it may not have been cured or something weird was up, which has settled down now - so it's not too ideal but I don't know if it's worth stripping down now or pursuing, it has seemingly 'come right' like a lot of portable heaters will do.
For all I know it could have been somehow treated/sprayed on import or been contaminated outside of control (a sealed box with known-good / inert material is probably the best way forward to eliminate at least that).

I took it out yesterday on the ebike and had the first session as intended. V3 Nano is a nice little unit for single chambers on the move. Perfect and fairly casual top up after having a bunch of TinyMights before heading out.
The session seems to take a while, too long when you watch, too quick when you miss it, being so used to on demand and one/two hits, I much prefer instant readiness and on/off max power convection heat.
But this hybrid works well and is suited to my intended slower use case. Though I'm tempted to turn it off often as it's not my style to stop and session for so long, so I need to get a feeling for the run time to heat soak - as this yields some crazy cloudage!
It'll take a bit of time to figure out a good pattern of use, but it vapes well and reasonably thoroughly it seems!
All I really need performance wise is MFLB x 100 which this might even be.

With the heat up taking so long to 220°C, from the 30s to 200°C, it's quite a while to wait or inhale again and again for not a lot of punch. And it takes a while longer to get vapour after each subsequent toke, having to reheat a chamber on a lazy temp curve, each time. But it seems to work pretty consistently, so for such an ultra portable and easy to use device I'm happy with it. I think it's badly suited for frequent usage.
It's definitely a bit of a messy unit to handle, but ignoring the filling and emptying, it is pretty nice to use.

I carried it in my riding shorts front pocket with keys and it worked out nice, would hardly know it's there. I forgot about it a bunch, and no botanical smell yet, seems fairly durable and scratch proof. looks like the nicotine vapes everyone in Australia is addicted to. The mouthpiece on the Nano is slightly less stealth, and too basic, but stays in place convincingly enough. Fairly tame heat signature too, so it does work well.

I guess it's best to empty chambers when the device is still hot.
I would only be happy using this as on occasion, so it's fit for purpose, but the chamber/mouthpiece is kind of miserable to deal with.

I was super keen for a mini V3 Pro, and besides the hopefully isolated bad start, this V3 Nano is going to be nice to have. It's a nice, in a way, joint-replacement of sorts.

Xmax are circling a really ultimate vape product with this overall design and performance potential. So I'd really like to see a 'Roffu take' on this device if you will.

I'm still a little puzzled by the out-of-box experience, I was really keen for this to be much better than it is in every way, but only the smell was really noteworthy, yet it's still good in every other way. I think it has already settled into being more practical than my other options. The mouthpiece needs an overhaul otherwise this is neat and great value. It does habe a real 'kettle is ready' whistle to it also, and maybe covering the air intake has other benefits beyond silencing any annoying noise.
Overall this is quite the useful stealthy ripper. Capsules would be nice, it would be so much cleaner and make portable multi-chambers approachable.
Despite we are still pretty concerned about your issue that's reassuring news! We are pretty puzzled though, we are taking a lot of care not to release stinky devices. Usually bad taste/smell comes from unsufficiently cured silicone parts relevant to the device's structure. That's why we would like to talk you cause, by the report you did, the issue may be different here, please reply to my last pm!
Hey, Thanks!
And 20% off BF sale!
Blue one ordered. I almost went for 2 of them, but let's see how it works...
Shipping $4.20, but I splurged on priority mail, about 8 bucks. Still out the door under $50.
Great great great! Yes, black Friday is offering opportunities, I can't wait to read your feedback, although, despite I believe in our products I'm slightly anxious since MoltenTiger report, you are both pretty famous members here and your opinion is crucial for us...
Already sold out of all 3 colors, really hoping to catch this one while Black Friday sales are still going
Wow, that was a fast sale! You will be glad to know it's now available at vpm.com , it's a Canadian retailer but they offer nice shipping options for US customers, and it's one of our loyal distributors!

MoltenTiger

Despite we are still pretty concerned about your issue that's reassuring news! We are pretty puzzled though, we are taking a lot of care not to release stinky devices. Usually bad taste/smell comes from unsufficiently cured silicone parts relevant to the device's structure. That's why we would like to talk you cause, by the report you did, the issue may be different here, please reply to my last pm!
Yeah insufficiently cured silicone would probably cover the level of stink I was dealing with initially, that disappeared after a few days and heat cycles. What lingered even longer was probably smell and taste from the foam packaging.
This is probably the sweet botanical notes noted by Les
My packaging has white foam padding that the unit was sitting in direct contact with and this material has chemically permeated through the whole device and mouthpiece. It didn't easily wash off and the packaging still has a smell, but not as strong as the initial heat cycles

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Yeah insufficiently cured silicone would probably cover the level of stink I was dealing with initially, that disappeared after a few days and heat cycles. What lingered even longer was probably smell and taste from the foam packaging.
This is probably the sweet botanical notes noted by Les
My packaging has white foam padding that the unit was sitting in direct contact with and this material has chemically permeated through the whole device and mouthpiece. It didn't easily wash off and the packaging still has a smell, but not as strong as the initial heat cycles
What do you recommand to replace the foam packaging?

I just opened a black V3 Nano brand new box and didn't found it smelly, I know, when it comes to smell sense everybody is different and my opinion doesn't change anything. It's charging now, after I'll check for the mentionned off-gassing. Although it may appear only a few devices to be potentially affected considering the pretty positives feedbacks we got until now.

By the way I checked very well the device before to remove it from the foam and didn't noticed tiny foam's particles. We are aware of that potential issue and we are taking a lot of care to remove every particles coming from the foam trim before to insert the device in.

Edit: I did a burn-off with my black V3 Nano and, even with very good light I didn't noticed a single fume. This is doesn't means I don't believe you but probably something entered in the chamber and was the source of the fumes and the bad smell you noticed while doing the burn-off. We will take more care to be sure nothing can pollute the experience, thank you for reporting.
Do you think a simple removeable cap would be a good idea in order to prevent anything can enter in the chamber? Since the mouthpiece doesn't sit on the device, this is could be the failure point and the reason why a forgotten "dust" entered in the chamber of your device. The cap could add a decent protection level and eliminate the issue.

Last edited:

XpeeN

I just opened a black V3 Nano brand new box and didn't found it smelly, I know, when it comes to smell sense everybody is different and my opinion doesn't change anything. It's charging now, after I'll check for the mentionned off-gassing. Although it may appear only a few devices to be potentially affected considering the pretty positives feedbacks we got until now.
Don't own a v3 nano, but isn't it the same style of packaging as the v3 pro? I remember people complained about the same problem with the v3 pro too.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Nano arrived today. Sleek, small, 1,000 mah battery, I think this, when I try it, may be similar to a Grasshopper experience.
The little screen/vapor diverter plus the glass stem may make it slightly cooler than a hopper? Will see...

First burn off cycle, pretty strong robot fart new vape kinda smell.
I've run it 4 more times through it's on/off cycle and it is still unappealing at best.

I don't think anything is really wrong, nothing burning up in there, but it may take a day or two and more cycles.

With 2 cycles, the whole body starts to be hot to the touch, also similar to the hopper.

At this point, I think the odor is probably temporary. It seems more electronic than foam package to me. I'm going to continue to let it be out to the air and doing more heat cycles.

EDIT:
Went ahead and vaped a bowl. It was pleasant! Minimal new vape after-taste.
I think it will be fine.
First hit was good vapor, 4 hits it was done.

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

Just nesting the unit in cardboard for packaging would suffice! The carton could even be made smaller.
I found a V3 Pro box cleaning up yesterday. It has black foam which still has a faint smell. Never had an obvious issue wlth both of my units there, although some did seem to have a similar experience unboxing V3 Pro as I have with Nano.

My Nano foam is white and has an obvious smell too.

You could seal the unit or carton with vac sealed plastic. As a minimum that would help. Fragrance free packaging would be best if you do seal it up.

For some impressive stoner engineering and handling the Phoenician grinders arrive hermetically sealed in med grade packaging...

I didn't notice particulates or visible fumes, just a really strong chemical smell and taste. Of course that flavour is from molecular contamination from bad handling, with no controls imposed to limit this it's not much of a surprise or visible phenomena.

There is also the issue of the stronger smells from initial heat cycles.

Anyway, my device did eventually come right. And I won't be reaching for it often, so maybe it's not a big deal.
I got a Longmada Mortar about the same time but shipped from source rather than third party. Very minimal noticed there, but it is a sealed quartz heater from a sealed box. That is more what I would expect from a commercially packaged device in this retail bracket. Having to wait nearly a week after spending 30% more on the unit here, is a bit shit for sure.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It is an interesting novelty, if only for its size.
While the chamber looks slightly bigger than I imagined, I would call this a micro-doser - at least when compared to the loads I do in other devices!

Day 2, slight background electronic taste, I see it as a break-in period. The first hit or two do present some nice terpy flavors.

This is a hot device. We learned with the Hopper just what happens with extreme heat and a small device. Other than going to vapor, all that heat has to dissipate somewhere! Some will want a sleeve, personally I always see those as potentially detrimental because they don't let heat dissipate.

It is also too hot-- the vapor that is -- for my older 'air path'. I like the first hits, after that it's making me cough. I have added a 3" long glass dimpled spiked stem via stubby silicone tube connection and of course that helps a little.

My Day 2 strategy is going to involve
1. First hit initiated just ahead of, or upon reaching the warmup temp.
2. Second hit soon after, then turn the device off so that
3. Next power-on will reset to lower end of the temp range, which is where I'm going to hover with this device.
Those three, maybe one more , but I am not a dark abv kinda guy these days.

Interesting that after power off then back on, it still takes 20 or 30 seconds to reach the ready light again. Why so long?

So far for loading I find it easiest to grab a pinch out of the grinder, give a gentle roll between fingers to size it so it slips into the chamber. Correct amount? Not too much! Not a particularly easy vape to fill especially if one is on the move.
Capsules would be smaller than I would want to handle, thanks.

Edit/Add
A wpa for this should be easy. Same glass stem with a 14mm male end on it.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I took one for the team this morning, got an early start!

I vaped 6 chambers off a full charge, not too shabby! It is not quite the micro-doser I had thought, I'm learning just the right amount to put in, and it is a bit more than I thought previously.

None of these went through a full 3 min cycle. Each time*, after about 2 hits I turned the Nano off, and back on after a minute, or several minutes, for another couple. I'm not trying to ring the bell, just get the day going!
Taking the process in leisurely fashion, the Nano has not gotten very hot.

*Except for the last chamber, the pile on the bottom. That one (by chance) was allowed to simmer about 30 or 45 seconds after reaching temp. It went 1 hit, then battery died. The abv looks similar to all the others!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Petetbay, thanks for breaking my string, I was on my way to a triple post! :lol:

Is anyone else using one of these?

A few quick ones,
Waiting 20 or 30 secs after reaching temp let's conduction work to provide a better first hit. A note from the vendor suggested that.

Like V3Pro, a lot of people may want to use glass piece or water tool.

Other than fingers for filling, I found the little multi spoon/brush/brush from Roffu to be a good (nano!) filling spoon.

Despite the automated temp stepping, I am having to regulate somewhat manually, since the range is overall too high for me. But some folks are going to enjoy that punch at the end.

I am a little frustrated that Nano, if at operating temp, is powered off and immediately back on, it insists on going thru a 30 second warmup. This suggests to me that the temp step is coded to begin at second 00:01 and go gradually up, regardless of chamber temp. Most vapes will rely on feedback from the chamber, this one seems to just march through it's paces.

seedy53

i don't know if the nano is a good inexpensive alternative to v3 pro because i don't have one to compare. therefore i cannot crit it or promote it. so there it is. hope it is a good vap. good vibs coming your way, xmax.

krvnked

for $50 (not on sale) this device is very impressive. if they can get these into most headshops in newly legal USA states, they got a winner for on the go use and for people who dont want to mess around with capsules and for people who dont want to mess around with batteries.

this is priced appropriately, it looks discreet enough, and it has usb C... can't think of anything to complain about really except it would be nice to use capsules if you wanted to. but there are of course advantages to going capsule free, too.

this is a great stepping stone to devices like the v3 pro max or POTV ONE but some people may not even feel it's necessary to buy a device with removable batteries after using this... seems to get the job done

vapviking

Old & In the Way
some people may not even feel it's necessary to buy a device with removable batteries after using this... seems to get the job done
I am happy to hear more feedback in this thread, especially if it agrees with mine! :lol:
I agree, this is simple enough for a big market that wants 'simple'.

I am beginning to realize I like the taste of Nano better than Pro. Since Roffu came along (using glass mp), I have preferred that over the V3Pro, though my wife does like the Pro.
I think the glass tube and maybe even the silver chamber contribute to yield better flavor than the Pro's mouthpiece arrangement.
So, I think flavor comes closer to that of Roffu, and that's a good thing.

To keep perspective, I do have a few other expensive vapes that are 'better' in various ways. But this is not one I'm going to let collect dust in the drawer.

One suggestion to XMax would be maybe 2 or 3 different versions (designated by color of the body?) that each have different temp step algorithms. As I mentioned, this one gets too hot for my liking, so I'd rather it had a lower range.
This would not add any expense to the actual device, but give options.

Variety of stems is a no brainer, the design calls out for it.

krvnked

I have less than a few days of use but I really do love it. this is a must have purchase if not for the price alone. the bowl fits 2-3 "pinches" perfectly.

as I use it, I realize that using capsules would defeat the purpose of this device. this is really best for preloading and enjoying dry herb on the go... however I am using it mostly at home and if you're using it at home, all you need is a debowler or a toothpick to keep the party going and it works arguably faster than a device with capsules... I think it would be fair to call this a "one hit extraction" vaporizer or something that would satisfy people who like to use one hitters and combust as the unit does tend to run a bit somewhere between warm and hot but definitely leaning towards the hot end. for comparison I like to vape at 180-185 c and usually maximum at 200.

something else not mentioned that is usually a feature that is reserved for higher end devices ? ? ?

USB C Pass thru. meaning if you carry around a power bank or use this device while plugged in at home, you can technically never lose power. which makes the argument for removable batteries a moot point. if I were to be on the go, i actually find it more convenient to carry around a battery pack + cable than wanting to switch out with multiple batteries but to each their own. everybody's different and there is pros and cons to all things.

I also want to mention, unlike the v3 pro, you can conceal this entire unit in the palm of your hand. which is something the fury/one had as an advantage of the V3. now v3 has a compact companion device.

if I had owned a headshop, I would order a pallet of these and expect to sell each one at full price. it's awesome how far vaping dry herb has come. my first ever rechargeable dry herb vape was a flowermate mini 5.0 so this is pretty cool to me.

for anyone wondering about in hand feel, it kind of feels like a squared off grasshopper ... just a smidge shorter than the YLLVAPE induction heater without the mouthpiece attached

and for anyone wondering if there's a 18650 inside this thing, there is not, it would be impossible as the unit is too thin

Last edited:

seedy53

I have less than a few days of use but I really do love it. this is a must have purchase if not for the price alone. the bowl fits 2-3 "pinches" perfectly.

as I use it, I realize that using capsules would defeat the purpose of this device. this is really best for preloading and enjoying dry herb on the go... however I am using it mostly at home and if you're using it at home, all you need is a debowler or a toothpick to keep the party going and it works arguably faster than a device with capsules... I think it would be fair to call this a "one hit extraction" vaporizer or something that would satisfy people who like to use one hitters and combust as the unit does tend to run a bit somewhere between warm and hot but definitely leaning towards the hot end. for comparison I like to vape at 180-185 c and usually maximum at 200.

something else not mentioned that is usually a feature that is reserved for higher end devices ? ? ?

USB C Pass thru. meaning if you carry around a power bank or use this device while plugged in at home, you can technically never lose power. which makes the argument for removable batteries a moot point. if I were to be on the go, i actually find it more convenient to carry around a battery pack + cable than wanting to switch out with multiple batteries but to each their own. everybody's different and there is pros and cons to all things.

I also want to mention, unlike the v3 pro, you can conceal this entire unit in the palm of your hand. which is something the fury/one had as an advantage of the V3. now v3 has a compact companion device.

if I had owned a headshop, I would order a pallet of these and expect to sell each one at full price. it's awesome how far vaping dry herb has come. my first ever rechargeable dry herb vape was a flowermate mini 5.0 so this is pretty cool to me.

for anyone wondering about in hand feel, it kind of feels like a squared off grasshopper ... just a smidge shorter than the YLLVAPE induction heater without the mouthpiece attached

and for anyone wondering if there's a 18650 inside this thing, there is not, it would be impossible as the unit is too thin
it's a li-on type battery pack most likely and a small one.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
USB C Pass thru. meaning if you carry around a power bank or use this device while plugged in at home, you can technically never lose power. which makes the argument for removable batteries a moot point.
The manual cautions not to charge the battery faster than 1 amp. I wonder if that is enough to power the device in use?
...:hmm:

If I needed more for home use, I think I'd just have a second device and alternate!

krvnked

The manual cautions not to charge the battery faster than 1 amp. I wonder if that is enough to power the device in use?
...:hmm:

If I needed more for home use, I think I'd just have a second device and alternate!
I am using it plugged in right now with a magnetic usb c charging cable. works great

seems to charge full in about 60-90 min from empty I wasn't paying full attention. it came fully charged. shoutout 420edc.

Top Bottom