• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
We are glad to present to the amazing FC Community the successor of the Starry 3.0 and our last device to date:

The XMAX Starry 4

Feel free to ask here every questions you may have, I will reply as soon as possible. We will consider all customers/reviewers feedbacks. I still not received my devices and probably many reviewers too but we will have probably more user's feedbacks by next week.
We are pretty excited by the Starry 4 release since its predecessor was our best seller and the kind of devices which convinced peoples to enter the vaping world, we are proud of that!

Let the Starry 4 thread to start now!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Convection? Removable cell(s)? Isolated airpath?

Spill the beans! :cool:
Yes... here the beans: it's still conduction based (since we already released a convection device we thought a new conduction device to complement better each others. Yes the airpath is fully isolated. You can find more infos on the 2nd page of the Imgur Album I posted.
Chamber capacity?
Here, I can't say exactly since I still not received my devices, I think the chamber size to be pretty similar to the 3.0 although it's stated, in the user manual I received in pdf, to load preferably not more than half of the chamber with slightly packed down load. So, it would be a 0.15gr load based on the Starry 3.0 chamber's capacity.
Does the device get really hot after a 8 minute session in hot weather? That was one of the knocks on the Starry 3.
I can't say if we improved the body's insulation, I'll ask and report later. Really, I never thought the device to be too hot to handle and I'm living in a rather hot country but everybody being different I wouldn't blame you.
I loved the Starry when it first came out but when the V3 Pro came out, that was a total game changer.
I doubt I would go back to using the Starry.
Hmmm... despite I enjoy convection devices for many reasons I still enjoy to use a conduction based device cause it's a lot more simple to use, you can take hit after hit without thinking that much about what you are doing and, when I'm craving about combustion, the thick vapor/short draws combo is a perfect fix. I really think conduction devices will have still some bright days!

More to come... Starry 4 Fever... Starry 4 Ever!

Robert-in-YEG

I will be waiting to see it released in Canada.

Convection or conduction; the great debate. Once I was solidly in the convection camp, but have changed. The experience from convection is different that conduction. My solution is simple. Stay balanced.

Doing one session of one, followed by the other, seems to produce a well rounded buzz.

Despite being a 'budget' device, despite burning my fingers after back to back sessions, despite all the warts, I like the Starry.

Taste can be a bit harsh when running hot, but at moderate temps, with a clean Starry, the taste isn't bad.

The v4 will be on my acquisition list.......

Robert-in-YEG

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Chamber capacity?
Hi, still not put my hands on the Starry 4 but, after I talk with the team, I can reply to a few questions: Chamber capacity is exactly the same than previous model so it will be possible to use the dosing caps in your Starry 3.0 if you want!
Does the device get really hot after a 8 minute session in hot weather? That was one of the knocks on the Starry 3.
It looks like we improved the insulation by using the latest insulation and airflow channels, the t° of the fuselage drops by 4-5°C, we hope you will appreciate that improvement!
I loved the Starry when it first came out but when the V3 Pro came out, that was a total game changer.
I doubt I would go back to using the Starry.
Hi, just changed my "sad" by a "like" cause I like you are using the V3Pro even if this is means you don't like anymore your Starry... it looks like you are a convection guy!
I will be waiting to see it released in Canada.

Convection or conduction; the great debate. Once I was solidly in the convection camp, but have changed. The experience from convection is different that conduction. My solution is simple. Stay balanced.

Doing one session of one, followed by the other, seems to produce a well rounded buzz.

Despite being a 'budget' device, despite burning my fingers after back to back sessions, despite all the warts, I like the Starry.

Taste can be a bit harsh when running hot, but at moderate temps, with a clean Starry, the taste isn't bad.

The v4 will be on my acquisition list.......

Robert-in-YEG
I agree with you, the debate about taste is clearly in favor of the convection but, for the others topics, it's equal (effects) or in favor of conduction (ease of use, price and clouds production).
yeah can't say i thrilled, cause i did not like the 3.0 model.
Please could you elaborate? What you didn't like with the 3.0? Please, let me know...

For infos, the Starry 4 is 1mm larger, it's almost negligible but this is means the Starry 3.0 ceramic WPA and silicone sleeve don't fit the new version. Although, the Starry 3.0 glass adapter (with silicone tubing), bubbler and dosing caps will fit the Starry 4!

About the vaporpath (I'm aware it's an important topic!) we improved it, unlike the previous version of the Starry, the vapor doesn't touch anything else than ceramic (and a little silicone for air tightness). In my opinion it's a very good improvement and I think this is will make cleaning a lot easier... we will see what the reviewers think about it...

edit: I wrote that post yesterday and noticed this morning I didn't hitted the "Post reply" button... Sorry for that...

Petetbay

For infos, the Starry 4 is 1mm larger, it's almost negligible but this is means the Starry 3.0 ceramic WPA and silicone sleeve don't fit the new version.
That is disappointing, hopefully they come out with 4.0 wpa, why they don’t at the same time baffles me, are the magnets going to be weaker like the Fog Pro. :rant: I hate the swivel mp’s all of them. :lol:

JEMSKU

For infos, the Starry 4 is 1mm larger, it's almost negligible but this is means the Starry 3.0 ceramic WPA and silicone sleeve don't fit the new version. Although, the Starry 3.0 glass adapter (with silicone tubing), bubbler and dosing caps will fit the Starry 4!

This is a little disappointing, I don't see major advantages that the V4 has over the V3 so I doubt I will upgrade before my V3 dies so that I can continue using my accessories

JEMSKU,

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
That is disappointing, hopefully they come out with 4.0 wpa, why they don’t at the same time baffles me, are the magnets going to be weaker like the Fog Pro. :rant: I hate the swivel mp’s all of them. :lol:
This is a little disappointing, I don't see major advantages that the V4 has over the V3 so I doubt I will upgrade before my V3 dies so that I can continue using my accessories
This is a Starry version with all the previous version's flaws fixed! Look at the pics below:

-Here the Starry 4 ceramic filter, you can see why it helps to smooth the vapor... and it's pretty effective!

-On this pic you can see it inserted in the silicone holder, the vapor will only touch the ceramic and, marginally, the silicone housing but the vapor doesn't touch anymore the top lid metal bottom... It was one of the cleaning issue customers noticed with the Starry 3.0, we hope this is will make their life smoothier (by shortening cleaning time!)

-And here the fully assembled top lid with it's rotating Zirconia mouthpiece (for infos the mouthpiece is press fitted in the silicone holder/housing, no more awkward clip system!)

- The Zirconia mouthpiece is wider than previous version, as well Zirconia is jewel-grade!

-The dosing caps, 100% stainless steel. One comes with the basic kit and a 5 pack will be available soon (June) as accessorie. You'll like them, after already a dozen of sessions using exclusively the dosing caps, my Starry 4 chamber is sparkly white, isn't it a true improvement!?

- Optionnally you can still use the Starry 3.0 Wax pad or Wax caps although we didn't included one in the basic kit cause we think the Starry 4 to be primarly a dry herb vaporizer... But it works very well for concentrates and it's one of the rarest devices able to handle Haschich efficiently. I even think the new dosing caps to be a game changer for concentrates use cause it was pretty messy and caused stains on the white ceramic... but I believe a dosing caps loaded with hemp fibers and hasch/wax/shatter/rosin/kief will not be followed by so much cleaning than experienced with previous version!

- Based on previous version feedback, we improved the battery lid, we used the Ace battery lid mechanism which is proved to be sturdy and reliable

- to power the device on/off, no more annoying 3 seconds press but only a classic 3 clics.

- Did I mentionned it's USB-C charging port now?

So, I'm sorry you are disappointed Guys, it's still a Starry but a better Starry than ever, a Starry 4 Ever!

More to come, let me know if you have a picture request, about usage videos, I'll let the reviewers to post!

leanpubpackage

This is a Starry version with all the previous version's flaws fixed! Look at the pics below:

-Here the Starry 4 ceramic filter, you can see why it helps to smooth the vapor... and it's pretty effective!

-On this pic you can see it inserted in the silicone holder, the vapor will only touch the ceramic and, marginally, the silicone housing but the vapor doesn't touch anymore the top lid metal bottom... It was one of the cleaning issue customers noticed with the Starry 3.0, we hope this is will make their life smoothier (by shortening cleaning time!)

-And here the fully assembled top lid with it's rotating Zirconia mouthpiece (for infos the mouthpiece is press fitted in the silicone holder/housing, no more awkward clip system!)

- The Zirconia mouthpiece is wider than previous version, as well Zirconia is jewel-grade!

-The dosing caps, 100% stainless steel. One comes with the basic kit and a 5 pack will be available soon (June) as accessorie. You'll like them, after already a dozen of sessions using exclusively the dosing caps, my Starry 4 chamber is sparkly white, isn't it a true improvement!?

- Optionnally you can still use the Starry 3.0 Wax pad or Wax caps although we didn't included one in the basic kit cause we think the Starry 4 to be primarly a dry herb vaporizer... But it works very well for concentrates and it's one of the rarest devices able to handle Haschich efficiently. I even think the new dosing caps to be a game changer for concentrates use cause it was pretty messy and caused stains on the white ceramic... but I believe a dosing caps loaded with hemp fibers and hasch/wax/shatter/rosin/kief will not be followed by so much cleaning than experienced with previous version!

- Based on previous version feedback, we improved the battery lid, we used the Ace battery lid mechanism which is proved to be sturdy and reliable

- to power the device on/off, no more annoying 3 seconds press but only a classic 3 clics.

- Did I mentionned it's USB-C charging port now?

So, I'm sorry you are disappointed Guys, it's still a Starry but a better Starry than ever, a Starry 4 Ever!

More to come, let me know if you have a picture request, about usage videos, I'll let the reviewers to post!
This looks great. What’s the price and when will US retailers begin to stock them?

LeftBased

This looks great. What’s the price and when will US retailers begin to stock them?
I spotted it at VPM for $99, I dunno if we are allowed to link stores, but if you google VPM xmax starry 4 you will find it.
Also spotted a review that was posted a few days ago.

(Tried embedding but it's age-restricted) due to the fact reviewer is reviewing the device using wax / flower.

The good news what I got from this video the guy said he is going to use it strictly for FLOWER only, because using dabs obviously gonna get the device piping hot at the top because lets face it dabs require a hotter temp, however I think hashish would be better as the XMAX person was saying good for hashish. I think it would be good for FLOWER and HASHISH, however I do not own the device yet, I really wish this was available in april, I ended up purchasing a Pax Mini as my conduction vape.

I really wanted to get a starry 3.0 but didn't like the issues that plagued it such as requiring a silicone sleeve, temp sensor error (overtime), cracked ceramic bowl (troublesome), and device heating the battery bay, even my XLUX ROFFU when used at hotter temps back to back, sure the battery gets warm naturally from usage, but I touched the inside of battery bay and it wasn't bad.

The XMAX STARRY 3.0 is a wonderful price effective conduction vape that doesn't require pressing your herb so tight based on multiple reviews it's like better than a PAX 2 for price and performance but seriously has some issues that seemed to have been fixed with STARRY 4.0 so I am glad this is a new step in the right direction. I hate to have to send back the Pax Mini because the vendor I purchased it from charges a restocking fee and I have to pay shipping just to get a refund.

I guess sometime in future I might purchase an XMAX STARRY 4.0 because originally was going to buy the XMAX STARRY 3.0 but what prevented that was the temp sensor error, cracked ceramic, and overheating of the body even at medium temps, however when the device works it beats the PAX 2 and PAX 3 in performance which most people do say is good, some people got lucky and there STARRY 3.0 still running but eventually they got the dreaded temp sensor error after so many usages over the years.

Read countless of reviews people do love their starry 3.0 except for some issues, as nothing is perfect in the vaping world, because we are still learning from one another and engineers are doing their best to deliver a device, a tool that can be used to safely toast botanicals.

All in all every dry herb vaporizer is basically a mini heater oven device, each device has unique quirks and a flavor profile (toast level), even at various temperatures for example SOLO 2 is praised for flavor, but it takes time to fully toast a bowl and the bowl is roughly 0.3g ~ 0.2g in size depending on my factors of your botanicals.

Anyways I was using my ROFFU for example I recently had something called Hell's OG (OG Kush x Blackberry) and the nuggets are beautiful however they are medium to small sizes. Anyways as I was using my dosing spoon I noticed as I was preparing a bowl it seemed like I only packed half a bowl, when in reality it was the dose I always use (3 dose spoons - 0.15g), I could have easily packed another 2 dose spoons in my bowl, I noticed with some flower you can use the same dose spoon and the appearance could look more packed. I think it's just density of the plant, some strains are FLUFFY and fill your bowl up more, and when you switch to a really dense strain you can pack more oomph in your bowl.

The OG Kush stuff def is more denser and I can easily pack more than I would use and get smacked to space. I think that's why people love OG strains because you get more in your bowl thanks to super density of the genetics. I noticed the reg non OG strains are fluffier and I end up having to go for a second bowl (sometimes). The flavor is phenomenal in the ROFFU, I do like conduction vapes though for NIGHTCAPs.

Conduction vapes toast your herb more darker which is good if you are trying to squeeze out all the cannabinoid resin out of your herb to get the most bang for your buck, people hate on conduction but to be honest the best medicinal benefit I got was from CONDUCTION styled vapes.

Hybrids fit a niche role though, I do have my fury edge but I been using my ROFFU more for flavor and when it gets heat soaked with long pulls I end up killing a bowl faster than a fury edge. I can only imagine the V3 PRO being just as good, I lucked out bought my ROFFU on a holiday sale it was cheaper than a V3 Pro, and it was the full kit. Also have a sleeve for the ROFFU, I would have got a V3 Pro but it was sold out when I was trying to purchase one. the V3 Pro looks slim and pocketable, not saying my ROFFU isn't.

I heard V3 Pro gets more bowls out of the battery because of it's optimized heater setting. and people do not realize CONVECTION does require longer slow to medium inhalations roughly 10s ~ 20s to get the botanicals heat soaked with radiant heat. I used to own a desktop whip vape and it would take time to heat soak the botanicals but once it got going the flavor was extreme, you wouldn't want to combust any botanicals.

Now moving on from all this, I do look forward to seeing more reviews of the STARRY 4.0 it does seem promising even the other review doesn't seem bias and was neutral even said FLOWER in the STARRY 4.0 the body of the starry doesn't get uncomfortably hot, I am thinking the capsule being stainless steel adds more conduction heat thus radiant heat is effecting the mouth piece or maybe he was running his wax at the max temp, I've experimented before with other vapes and a mesh wax pad and you can easily get vapor below 464F then again it depends on the wax you are using, sure it takes time to vape wax at a lower temps, 400F (minimum) ~ 600F (max) -- Puffco Peak's lowest setting I believe is 450F.

However STARRY 4.0 isn't a dedicated WAX vape, I can see it being used for HASHISH though since HASHISH can still be vaped below WAX's recommended vape temps. Hashish is just extracted TRICHOMES using organic methods of extraction (cold ice water and bubble bags).

I can see topping some kief on some flower in a capsule to get an infused flower like dab high. or even drizzling some distillate on flower or a piece of wax / dabs as a topper / sandwiching flower. I've sprinkled kief / hash on flower before and it worked. Although I did raise the temp to make sure it was getting vaporized (toasted).

Pax Mini has no hashish options, there is no "budkaps" for it due to being smaller than the plus, so STARRY 4.0 seems way better for hashish and flower and having a wide temperature setting, not complicated to use and has AIR FLOW ADJUSTMENT!!!

Also USB-C charging, swappable 18650 battery, and an improved mouthpiece!

Update discovered an unboxing video for STARRY 4.0

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

In stock at VPM @ $139CDN, I think I can wait till the price is better, don’t really use my Starry anymore. Will probably get one at some point, need to see some reviews whether it changed much.
Wait, what? How is it already for sale?
This thread is still in the "unreleased vapes" section and the OP hasn't said anything about a release date for the Starry 4.

LeftBased

Wait, what? How is it already for sale?
This thread is still in the "unreleased vapes" section and the OP hasn't said anything about a release date for the Starry 4.
VPM has some in stock, they had 20 in stock but I noticed stocks are dwindling like this morning noticed the green starry 4 they have 16 in stock. I like the green starry color.

Here is some images (they're not mying):
784jpd.jpg

pqqzje.jpg

qpamy0.jpg

yu2dqb.jpg

LeftBased

Namedrop city in here; who is VPM and what country are they located in? I've never heard them mentioned on this forum.
VPM is a vendor that has eCig supplies (CCell/iKrusher) and other stuff, They carry dry herb vapes as well, and surprised they are carrying XMAX's gear, they do got the starry 3.0 and recently added starry 4.0 to their line up, I have no clue if they are considered an "AUTHORIZED VENDOR".

I have no clue what VPM even stands for but I assume its related to Vaping since most of their gear is vaping devices and kits and parts. Some people have purchased from their webstore, I have not, I was going to buy a few empty 510 carts to fill them with some disty but I ended up just reusing an older 510 cart to save some money.

Err I digged around VPM stands for "Vape Parts Mart". I am interested in the STARRY 4.0 that I might purchase it from there unless Planet of the Vapes starts carrying them. I like Planet of the Vapes because they work with XMAX in improving the devices. POTV has some nice ideas for the devices.

Found another review online on the starry 4, here is some pictures the reviewer took (credits: @Tools420 )

spx6t3.webp

zrtz1y.webp

hwqv1o.webp

k3q7um.webp

ixu9ae.webp

starry-how-to-use-long-timer.webp

An excerpt from there review:
Here’s what to expect from different temperatures on the Starry 4:

• 170°C / 338°F gives you good flavor and smooth hits, but not a lot of vapor production
  • 185°C / 365°F will give you consistent vapor clouds with decent flavor
  • 210°C / 410°F is a bit harsh on the throat but produces a good amount of vapor
  • 235°C / 455°F will produce a massive amount of vapor, but it is on the harsher side – Smokers will most likely like this temperature range!
Here is a nice ABV shot from there review:
yssd3x.webp

starry-vs-qomo.webp

pn7rdh.webp

z34f62.webp

uhisjx.webp

rrerz6.webp

From there overall review of the STARRY 4.0:

XMAX Starry 4.0 Pros​

• Excellent build quality for the price
  • Included high-quality stainless steel dosing capsule
  • Good airflow and clouds
  • High maximum temperature
  • Lots of features for a budget vape

XMAX Starry 4.0 Cons​

• Bottom of chamber prone to crumbs under the screen
  • Taste isn’t the best at higher temperatures
  • Overpacking leads to clogging of the mouthpiece filter and restricted airflow
  • The Starry’s body will get hot after back-to-back sessions

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Namedrop city in here; who is VPM and what country are they located in? I've never heard them mentioned on this forum.
They are talked about quite often by Canadian people as a good supplier of vapes as some US companies will not post there...they have many happy customers from FC.:2c:
Looks like the Starry 4.0 is available for sale in Australia,
And most of the usual Aussie sellers say it is due this month.
The gays/gals at XMAX sent me a unit to try and I will say the latest version fixes most of the cons the V3 had...looking forward to them releasing a ceramic WPA similar to the last version as I have heard great things about it.
Any idea on a release date for a ceramic WPA @XMAXVAPORIZER ? (I work for XVAPE, not XMAX so I have no clue...about a lot of things:lol:).

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
The Dosing Capsule we received with our Starry 4 doesn't look like this one. See below.

Regarding the ceramic filter, this part needs to be kept as clean as possible. If you allow the Dosing Capsule to cool in the device and remove the Mouthpiece Assembly, it will pull the cap off the Dosing Capsule along with it should resin not be cleaned from the ceramic filter.

Top Bottom