X2 by Tandem Innovations (Dynavap Double Adapter)

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
Hello everyone,

I came here to tell you about my company's first product: The X2 adapter for the Dynavap VapCap line-up. The X2 is designed to be a universal double adapter that is compatible with all Dynavap tips and stems, aswell as stems made by thrird-party accessory makers. But it is also compatible to itself so you can combine three of them together to make a quadruple Dynavap adapter!
It is milled from stainless steel and features extremely heat resistant o-rings.

Tandem Innovations is a german company and all of my products are made and assembled right here. I offer nearly global shipping and I am dedicated to offer great customer support.

You can learn more about my product on my website and my instagram account.

Please feel free to ask any question!

Best regards
Jonas from Tandem Innovations

Last edited:

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Welcome to Fuckcombustion Jonas. I ordered my X2 on Sunday so hopefully it will be delivered sometime this week.

I've had a few sneaky pete pitchforks in the last 18 months but they never last. I new somebody would make something like the X2 eventually.

I'll try and do a review after testing.

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
Welcome to Fuckcombustion Jonas. I ordered my X2 on Sunday so hopefully it will be delivered sometime this week.

I've had a few sneaky pete pitchforks in the last 18 months but they never last. I new somebody would make something like the X2 eventually.

I'll try and do a review after testing.
Thank you @MedicinalMonkeyWrench,

I really aprecciate you being one of my first customers and hope you like the X2 when it finally arrives! Let me know if you have any issues or questions!

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
1.4305 is better too machine than 1.4301 or 04 but has a slightly werse resistance to chlorides. So I discourage you to use these chemicals or any other aggressive chemical to clean your X2 or vapes in general. The best way to clean in our experiences is pure alcohol or the dishwasher.

Last edited:

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

Ordered Sunday delivered the following Friday, Germany to the UK. No customs fees for me.

After soaking in warm iso I swabbed it with a cotton bud (qtip) and got a small amount of dirt from the bottom of the 3 drill holes.

I struggled to get it on my TI stem at first, it slips over the first 2 o-rings easily but them pushes the third o-ring over the forth. I had to use the cap digger outer to push them last 2 o-rings in, it's done that both times I've put it on the stem. Once it's on though it stays where it's meant to be, flush up against the stem nice and tight. I can now see why Dynavaps have individual grooves for each o-rings. The X2 has 1 large recessed area that accommodates 4 o-rings sat next to each other. I don't think I'll be putting on any of my wooden stems.

My TI tips go in a bit too easily for my liking, I tried brand new grey o-rings but they are still the same. My old school caps are quite tight on the tips so I need the tips to be tight in whatever holds them. Not a massive problem but maybe something you want to look at in the future production, possibly a fraction smaller tip holes.

I'm still dialing in the correct torch and technique. I normally just use a single jet but I've pulled out the triple inline and have been getting some massive hits.

The tips are sat right next to each other, closer than I remember on the pitchforks and seem easier to heat because of it.

I've been trying to pack both tips the same for an even restriction and have been getting good extraction on both.

I think I may have to just keep this thing for weekend use only. I don't want my Dynavap tolerance to go up.

A great Dynavap accessory but of course more testing is required.

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
Wow thank you so much for writing this all out! Especially the notes about the fit of the stem and tips are really appreciated. I am already working with my manufacturing partner on implementing grooves for the o-rings and will most likely make the tip holes a bit tighter.

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
Would you rather see the style of the old tips (a final o-ring that is visible when assembled) or of the new 2021 tips (all rings are inside the stem and invisible) on the reworks. Originally I intended on doing the old style, as it may help with thermally isolating the X2 from the mouthpiece, but I also want the X2 to stay visibly in line with the new Dynavap design language.
Please let me know your thoughts on this.

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

I think it's okay as it is with the hidden o-rings. I don't feel any extra heat on the stem. Maybe it could be a problem with an SS stem, which I would test but I don't have any, only Ti and wood. The most important things for me are it feels solid, doesn't move and remains flush against the stem.

How many o-ring grooves are you going to have? The new tips look like they only have 2. I think the X2 needs at least 3 o-rings to make it feel solid maybe 4.

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
Love to hear that! Going by past experiences, shipping to the UK takes about 5 or 6 work days.

tandeminnovations,

Mad Maru

The triple pack I bought arrived within a week and avoided import charges to the UK.

As stated above I’ve found the SS tips do not fit as tightly as I’d like when refilling or removing the cap the entire bowl freely comes out of the x2. I had just waxed the o rings so will do more trial and error and see if smaller diameter holes are needed for a firm secure fit. I intend to try the double with ti bowls to check fit etc.

But this hits like a train not tried the four pot yet as don’t have enough SS bowls but might be able to use my older m18 & 19 ss bowls at the weekend.
Have shared link with a few who have asked where I got the kit so hopefully changes will make this even more a must have accessory.

tandeminnovations

Accessory Maker
Hello everyone,

There hasn't been a lot of action in this thread lately, so I thought I'd give a little update on how things have developed in the past months.
Since my last post the X2 went out of stock, for wich I want to thank everybody who was willing to support me and buy something from a no-name company somewhere across the globe! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Now I finally received the 2nd batch and am able offer more units to you guys and gals!

In a post I made a while I go I talked about changes that I wanted to implement in the next batch and I wanted to let you know what actually changed in the new units:
- as by popular demand I made the openings for the dyna tips slimmer, so the tips sit more securely inside the X2
- one side of the X2 is now engraved with the Tandem logo
- I made the switch from FKM o-rings with a hardness of 75 to ones with a hardness of 90, this helps with the slipping ring issue that was talked about and makes the fit better in general

Those among you who have been following this thread probably are missing one change here, that I talked about earlier: grooves for the o-rings.
Sadly, this change is not as easily implemented into the production process as I assumed at the time.
The grooves are still definitely something that I want to introduce to the X2, but they are not in the current design. I am very sorry for hyping you guys for a feature I wasn't able to implement. I will be more careful in the future with announcements like that, as I don't want anyone to buy a X2 under false impressions.

Thanks again for your support, it really means a lot to me!
As per usual let me know if you have questions!
Best regards
Jonas from Tandem Innovations

Last edited:
Top Bottom