• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Worlds Fastest Vaporizer

stinkmeaner

I see you say "assembled in Canada", where are your components made/machined/painted etc?

Arizer says the Extreme is made in Canada but I hear they have all their parts made in China and just do final assembly in Canada which is a nice little loop hole but decieving to the consumer which believes they are buying a product made locally, it's pretty obvious when you see the electronics with the cheap little remote that they get those parts from China.

stinkmeaner,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
However, to be fair, there are a lot of components that are ONLY made in China. How about Philippines? Does that suffer from the same china stink? The Maxim component (MAX 6675) i use in my vaporizer (which is assembled (i.e. "made") in USA) comes to my door via DHL. So what? There is no other component remotely like it in function regardless of cost. Where else am i going to get a Cold-Junction-Compensated K-Thermocouple-to-Digital Converter (with 3-pin serial interface)??? Not in USA, that's for damn sure.

But when i assemble my stuff, i do the final quality control. There is only one criteria, viz. Would I want to use it? And, am i proud to collect money for it and put it out there.

And a 100% satisfaction guarantee -- no questions asked, return postage paid.

[end of hijack - back to the regular programming]

Hippie Dickie,

stinkmeaner

I am mainly talking about the molding of plastics, macnhining of metals, and painting of the product. I am well aware that most all companies will have to outsource electronics, power cords, and heating elements because when compared to China there are very few that produce these components.

stinkmeaner,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Stinkmeaner,

You do bring up a good point, we do all assembly and fabrication here in Canada, but we purchase two of our components from China and Taiwan. Like Hippie mentioned, it is hard to find the exact component you need locally, so many times (and not to be cheap) its for that reason. Not to worry though, the components we purchase meet ROHS compliance and we thoroughly test them before we sell them. Hope this clears up any misconceptions.

Cheers,

The Oracle,

stinkmeaner

It is respectable IMO choosing to build your product in your country when so many companies are sending work overseas in the interest of making a little more money.

Now I better get out of this thread while I still can, Max seems really interested in keeping it "lean" :D

stinkmeaner,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
are you guys going too be selling your units directly, or going too go through a distributor?

DevoTheStrange,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Devo,

For the time being, it is hard to anticipate the demand for such a product so I cant really give you an answer right away. Essentially if our production is above a certain level, selling to individual retailers might not be worth it and so we would stick with national distributors in that case. On the other hand, as I anticipate, we will start much of our business with individual shops and online retailers so we can build that relationship in a direct context.

Hope this answers your question,

Cheers,

The Oracle,

max

Out to lunch
Thread temporarily closed until there's new info from The Oracle.

max,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Everyone,

A big thanks to vtac for unfreezing the topic temporarily. A small note regarding the video above, it was shot a while ago using a camera phone (apologies for the quality, as well as the tunes in the background). We let the unit cool down completely before we ran the test and it should give everyone a visual translation to our written speed claims. The good news for everyone who has been waiting on more details, our patent application has been sent off and we are simply waiting for confirmation. Please regard Max's previous post about beta testing, if you would like to apply we are going to be creating an online form which is a bit more convenient and organized. You can expect that to be up in a week or so.

We are all anticipating making the unit public and we apologize for the previous delays.

Cheers!

The Oracle,

aero18

vaporist
The Oracle said:
Please regard Max's previous post about beta testing, if you would like to apply we are going to be creating an online form which is a bit more convenient and organized. You can expect that to be up in a week or so.
For those who have already signed up for beta testing, do we need apply again?

aero18,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
aero18 said:
The Oracle said:
Please regard Max's previous post about beta testing, if you would like to apply we are going to be creating an online form which is a bit more convenient and organized. You can expect that to be up in a week or so.
For those who have already signed up for beta testing, do we need apply again?
For everyone who has sent us an email, not to worry we will send a followup email with the URL and instructions. It will take no more than a minute to fill out the form. It will help us organize the applications better and therefore make a more informed decision.

Note: It is not too late to join our testing list, once we have chosen a cut-off date for applicants we will let everyone know!

The Oracle,

Qbit

cannabanana
The Oracle said:
it will have an almost non-existant warm-up time averaging 4.4 seconds from cold start.
4.4 seconds? Aww, but I want it NOW! ;)

Qbit,
Top Bottom