Wireless Ball Vapes… is a DIY possible?

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
To the people of FC,

A wireless style of ball vape has emerged on the market.

First (I believe) was the Terp-Ready and Terp Hammer system from Old Head.

Terp-Ready-System-Bundle4lighter_1080x.jpg

Now the ZenLeaf series from Cannabis Hardware. More will likely follow but I’m not aware of any others yet.

zenLeaf-Nova-1_1080x.jpg

With the release of these it has got me thinking… How hard is it to put a system like this together yourself?

The heater base is essentially a PID controller connected to a pretty ordinary 25mm axial heating coil (which is suspended in a case with a heat shield).

In terms of dabbing, that’s all you need if you have a 25mm banger.

To extend the usage to flower requires two more parts.

1. A variation of the Terp Hammer by Old Head or the Mary/Jane diffusers that Cannabis Hardware stock.

terp-hammer_1080x.jpg

2. A bowl for flower that receives these heads for extraction.

oh14mmec_1080x.jpg

These two parts could easily be bought from their respected dealers at a lower cost than the full kit… but neither Old Head or CH items are readily available in the UK.

Could a Pinky style diy terp-hammer be made to accommodate a diy setup?

Ps. I think the Old Head and CH options look like great products and I am in no way shading them, but they aren't very available in the uk which is why I’m thinking of the diy route!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Less expensive than both, with an international shipping option.

from our very own @iDRINKBLEACH

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
Less expensive than both, with an international shipping option.

from our very own @iDRINKBLEACH

Nice, looks like a good system. Is there a way to heat bangers for dabs like above options?

FrostyGeode,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Nice, looks like a good system. Is there a way to heat bangers for dabs like above options?

Good question. @Grass Yes have you heard this discussed on the discord?
I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you heat a banger with an enail? Yes.

I don't have a 20mm banger so I have not tried with any CC coils.

okay I had my coffee and realized the context from the thread.

I have not heard of anyone using that CC coils like a cobra coil or dab ready. I think it would work if you had a small enough banger.

I suspect that is why the dab ready and zenleaf stuff picked 25mm, just to accommodate common bangers.

FrostyGeode

TM2 / BAKx / CC-Omega
https://victoryglassworks.com/20mm-luna-d-nail-kit-2024-edition/ this banger (and likely the other 20mm bangers they sell should work with the kit. Someone on the discord has been using the coil that comes with the kit with his Omega wirelessly since before iDB got his in stock. Even if you bought one of these bangers and an Omega kit you’d be in lower than some of the other offerings.

Oh yeah I’m almost definitely gonna get the omega kit now (thanks so much @CannaChameleon for suggesting) the value is unmatched even with shipping it to the uk.

Another thing to mention with the omega compared to other options… it’s more serviceable as an owner. PID could be replaced if it died, even the coil could be replaced (if you found the same size etc). That’s not exactly possible with CH or OH versions.

I don’t see any reason a 20mm banger like the one linked above shouldn’t work.

Here’s another one I saw for people in the US whilst looking for one over here.

Now to find the commodity code for customs charge at the border 😤

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.

Wireless Ball Vapes… is a DIY possible?​

Absolutely yes ! Easier than a wired baller head, just use a slightly larger coil, stick it in a bench clamp, use it as an injector stand and crank the temps up high. Needs to fit the injector as closely as possible.
I reckon as much internal radiative heat storage as possible, LOTS of Balls or other heat mass. Bigger balls will hold heat longer, also varying harshness. In my opinion.

PizzaWizard

I thought that might be the case when I saw both types of coil on CC’s site. Maybe I can get the axial sent with my order.

You could probably bend the bottom most part of the coil to act as a stopper? Not sure though…

Yeah I could also stretch the coil to make it a bit longer. I was also thinking a silicone o-ring on the banger would work as a stopper.

Top Bottom