• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Winegums' Woodcraft

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hello everyone and welcome to my thread where I'll post about my creations and show what I have for sale. This started with me creating a few Vapcap bodies for myself and it has quickly expanded into becoming an Accessory Maker. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with transactions and shipping but I'm determined to make this work. I won't be limiting my work to Vapcap stems either, if you have a product in mind and the dimensions we could probably work something out.

For those that don't follow the Vapcap thread I'll post some of the photos below that I have posted there. This first batch of bodies were inspired by Grecian amphora mixed with the current style of my tables which is laminated strips of wood.

Click the spoiler link for pictures.
ddnwwo.jpg

352hqp3.jpg

2eyxkl1.jpg

29kyt5s.jpg

300bojk.jpg

Please be patient as I get things rolling.

-Winegums

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Hello everyone and welcome to my thread where I'll post about my creations and show what I have for sale. This started with me creating a few Vapcap bodies for myself and it has quickly expanded into becoming an Accessory Maker. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with transactions and shipping but I'm determined to make this work. I won't be limiting my work to Vapcap stems either, if you have a product in mind and the dimensions we could probably work something out.

For those that don't follow the Vapcap thread I'll post some of the photos below that I have posted there. This first batch of bodies were inspired by Grecian amphora mixed with the current style of my tables which is laminated strips of wood.

Click the spoiler link for pictures.
ddnwwo.jpg

352hqp3.jpg

2eyxkl1.jpg

29kyt5s.jpg

300bojk.jpg

Please be patient as I get things rolling.

-Winegums

Lovely creations!

Just a quick question , what is the glue are you using to stick wood together? Is there any risk of offgassing while using it?

Good luck for your activity

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Lovely creations!

Just a quick question , what is the glue are you using to stick wood together? Is there any risk of offgassing while using it?

Good luck for your activity
It's simple woodglue. No real chance to off gas unless you're close to burning the wood. If it's a big concern I could simply make the hot end out of a solid piece of wood and that would avoid any of the glue getting hot.

I'm using one of the bodies as a test piece and it has yet to delaminate or show signs that the glue is being effected by heat. I've even run three back to back bowls through it and it's felt quite warm to the touch but there's been no weird smell or taste.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Winegums, 'glue' is never a good word to be using around these parts but as we both know sometimes it's a necessary evil.

For me as long as no fumes can enter the vapor path then it's all good.

I'd rather be inhaling from a device that I know the full construction method of than one with all it's components hidden under a layer of plastic or metal.

All the best for your future endeavour and I look forward to seeing some more of your work.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums, 'glue' is never a good word to be using around these parts but as we both know sometimes it's a necessary evil.

For me as long as no fumes can enter the vapor path then it's all good.

I'd rather be inhaling from a device that I know the full construction method of than one with all it's components hidden under a layer of plastic or metal.

All the best for your future endeavour and I look forward to seeing some more of your work.
I agree that glue is never something we want in the vapour or air path but it's necessary. The amount of actual PVA glue exposed is tiny if not microscopic on the inside of the body. As it is I do not have carb holes drilled yet and this keeps the vapour from touching the wood. If there's any concern about the glue I can find a work around.

almost there

Congratulations, wishing you all the best with this endeavor. I've been following all your progress from the Vapcap thread and it gives me great joy that you can share your creativity. I am certain our paths will cross in the future, only a matter of time before you'll get a PM from me:D. Keep up the inspirational work, seems to me it's paying off already

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Very nice!

Given the overall construction of the VC with the condenser inside I would guess that the wood does not get hot enough to be a potential source of off gassing.

Good luck with your work!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Just as an update for everyone I'll be opening an Etsy store to handle all the transactions. I'm just waiting on some parts from @VapCap that should arrive on Monday. Then I'll take some really nice photos and put up all the turnings I currently have. When I post new listings on Etsy I'll also post them in the thread here.

-Winegums

Squiby

When I post new listings on Etsy I'll also post them in the thread here.
Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing them! What I have seen so far has been brilliant and really beautiful.

Do your pieces align with the Vapcap condensers in standard body and stem length (45mm and 62mm)? Or are they custom lengths? The ones I've seen looked like VonG bodies. Or are they more of a freeform?

Inquiring minds want to know....:rockon:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing them! What I have seen so far has been brilliant and really beautiful.
Thanks for the complement. I'm only getting started as I have some really interesting ideas coming up for stems.

Do your pieces align with the Vapcap condensers in standard body and stem length (45mm and 62mm)? Or are they custom lengths?

They're for the standard length condensers as I wanted the functionality of the carb to be available. I haven't drilled any of the bodies yet as I want to give people the option of a carbless vapcap. I use my cap exclusively in waterpieces and I find it much easier to lift the body out of the gong to clear the piece. In fact the main reason I made my first VonG body was that I was getting frustrated trying to find the carb hole on my original stem. I'll have an option for when you order to have a carb hole drilled.

The ones I've seen looked like VonG bodies. Or are they more of a freeform?
They're a free form but will seal well enough to work in a 14mm joint. They're not meant to match the taper of the GonG and have a wider angle to them. The issue that I run into with machining and sanding a taper is that the wood will sand less on the end grain and more on the face grain. This causes an oval shape to form and makes for a poor fit in the glass. I'm going to glue up some blanks in a different way to see if I can mitigate this as well as experiment with an O-ring groove built into the outside of the body.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Whew the last few days have been busy. I'm just about to make a few more blanks for a batch of stems coming up.

2u8cyhi.jpg

After these are turned I'll open my Etsy store as I feel I need more items on the shelf. That's it for this quick update.

TwistedGray

@Winegums, I only have an Arizer Air and probably will stick with that for as long as I can think. I think a wooden piece that the stems could slide into would be a pretty neat addition. However, I'm not sure how that would look...just thinking...

TwistedGray,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums, I only have an Arizer Air and probably will stick with that for as long as I can think. I think a wooden piece that the stems could slide into would be a pretty neat addition. However, I'm not sure how that would look...just thinking...
You're looking for a case of sorts to store them in your pocket while on the go?

Winegums,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Stunning! Wow. I really love your art, it looks so nice.

I was thinking about the carb hole, and I had an idea....what it the carb hole was smaller in diameter on the inside and larger in diameter on the outside? You could feel a bigger hole easier, but it wouldn't let in too much air. Not sure if I'm describing it properly.
Like this:
\ /

almost there

I was thinking about the carb hole, and I had an idea....what it the carb hole was smaller in diameter on the inside and larger in diameter on the outside? You could feel a bigger hole easier, but it wouldn't let in too much air. Not sure if I'm describing it properly.
Like this:
\ /
nice idea, I was thinking if the edges of the carb can be raised a little then u can just feel for it. Kinda like a little nub. Nice combos @Winegums, can't wait to see the finish products. I'm a big fan of the shape of the bodies, bet it's got a nice feel to it to twirl when heating.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
nice idea, I was thinking if the edges of the carb can be raised a little then u can just feel for it. Kinda like a little nub. Nice combos @Winegums, can't wait to see the finish products. I'm a big fan of the shape of the bodies, bet it's got a nice feel to it to twirl when heating.

Like this:
\ /

I've already been thinking of a way to make locating the nub easier. I'm thinking of doing a simple divot that your finger can find like on a recorder or simple flute. The small 2mm hole on the OEM stems is hard to feel for me. I'll do some experimentation tomorrow on a stem that got scrapped because it didn't make the grade.

Top Bottom