Winegums' Woodcraft

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Hi guys I'd like to say that I'm officially open for business! You can find all my goods on my Esty Shop here. I have seven bodies posted so far with more on the way. If one sells out and you would like one that matches please let me know and I can reproduce it or even workout a custom order.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/WinegumsWoodcraft?ref=l2-shopheader-name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please let me know what you think of this barrel design. I wanted to keep it really simple for this one.

il_570xN.1144122940_k4b7.jpg

Prolusio

@Winegums I really, really like the body style of Amphora #7! The way the taper of the rounded rim ends up matching the taper of the body is perfect, looks very ergonomic. I'm just not too crazy about the maple on the MP end for some reason.. I dunno why exactly, maybe it's how the grain goes? But personally I don't really like how it matches with the other woods as much as your other designs. Not trying to be critical, I think they all look excellent and I'd be happy to own any of them, just some feedback :)

My second favourite body is the Amphora #2; has the same taper that I like from #7 but the rim is flared instead of rounded..I think I like the rounded rim from #7 more, but it's hard to say without them in hand. But the matching of the wood is spot on with #2 IMO, exactly what I'm looking for :nod:. In fact, I think I'll have to snag it; sorry @jimfish4130!

Congrats on opening your Etsy shop @Winegums. I look forward to seeing how your products develop!

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Right on, man. And a sale already, too. You're on my radar, brother. Loving the different styles and very fair pricing.

The barrel design looks nice, but I'm not sure it's my personal preference. I really like the curves around where my fingers would be holding it while I drag.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums I really, really like the body style of Amphora #7! The way the taper of the rounded rim ends up matching the taper of the body is perfect, looks very ergonomic. I'm just not too crazy about the maple on the MP end for some reason.. I dunno why exactly, maybe it's how the grain goes? But personally I don't really like how it matches with the other woods as much as your other designs. Not trying to be critical, I think they all look excellent and I'd be happy to own any of them, just some feedback :)

My second favourite body is the Amphora #2; has the same taper that I like from #7 but the rim is flared instead of rounded..I think I like the rounded rim from #7 more, but it's hard to say without them in hand. But the matching of the wood is spot on with #2 IMO, exactly what I'm looking for :nod:. In fact, I think I'll have to snag it; sorry @jimfish4130!

Congrats on opening your Etsy shop @Winegums. I look forward to seeing how your products develop!
Thanks so much for the purchase! You're the first person to ever buy something that I solely created. It's pretty exciting for me. I'll work on getting it shipped out by tomorrow at the latest.

#7 was an odd one and I'm not exactly happy with the proportions of wood it has despite the physical shape being really nice. I like the rounded cherry tip on it as well and will work to use it again in the future. Thanks for the feed back. =)

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Wow today has been exciting for me. I sold two bodies that will ship out tomorrow and I made some beautiful laminated blanks. I'll have some more pieces posted on my Etsy shop tomorrow.

I seriously cannot stop staring at this piece of wood. I made a new jig for thickness planing super thin pieces and this is the first product of it. I'm going to be making some really interesting stuff now that this road has been opened for me.
262r7mg.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
What about something like this? Nice and long to cool down the vapor.
air-010-wdsm-arizer-air-wooden-stem-3.442.jpg
I'm certain I could make the wood piece with little trouble. I'm just not sure about the piece that goes into the vapourizer. They're glass as far as I know, yet what is pictured above looks like it's metal?

I'm thinking it could be possible to put the 70mm glass stem into a piece of wood. That way the glass air path could be retained and the wood wouldn't start to stink from reclaim soaking into it.

Prolusio

Sheesh.. slow down man, my wallet can't keep up! ;)

Seriously though, that cherry looks fantastic with the burl on #9! The tones of the wood all go together really well I think, great piece.

I really like the way you used the maple on #8 as well. The pic on your Etsy page with the Ti Cap looks fantastic; the spiral tooling of the tip matches with the striping pattern of the maple awesomely in my opinion. :clap: I feel those little cohesive details really highlight the craftsmanship of your products.

Definitely going to have to pick up a burl piece from you in the future, it looks like you have some great wood to work with. Keep em coming @Winegums !

Side note: My order from @Winegums shipped promptly today with the shipping method I requested.:D

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I'm thinking it could be possible to put the 70mm glass stem into a piece of wood. That way the glass air path could be retained and the wood wouldn't start to stink from reclaim soaking into it.

Do you think it could be possible to make a Vapcap GonG with a glass insert to avoid reclaim soaking into wood? I have experienced this with my Vapmans and it has kept me from buying a GonG from Dynavap.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@Winegums I think the striped pattern makes really good use of the barrel body. Do you think you could make an amphora body with the stripes?

I'll be making at least one of the amphora bodies from the striped stuff. Plus I'll have some different laminate I want to make in the future.

Do you think it could be possible to make a Vapcap GonG with a glass insert to avoid reclaim soaking into wood? I have experienced this with my Vapmans and it has kept me from buying a GonG from Dynavap.

I think I could make something work. A glassy body from dynavap should be able to slip into a wood tube. I would make the wood slightly shorter than the glass such that tips of the glass would stick out. This should protect the wood from reclaim. The only issue would be lining up the glass carb hole with the wood carb hole.

TwistedGray

I would make it so the wood and stem can be separated but the fitment would be tight to ensure it wouldn't slip off. If you wanted it secured it could be glued to the glass with a high temp glue.

General cost estimate?

TwistedGray,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
General cost estimate?

It would be the same as what I would charge for my Vapcap Bodies, $50-65 USD. It's roughly the same thing just a large bore size. I'll have to ask around the arizer thread for some really precise measurements or buy one of the Arizer stems. I'd feel more confident in making a solid product if I had the glass in my hand. If there's more interest from other members in the Arizer thread for glass lined wood stems I'll buy the glass for prototyping.

I don't think the finished product will include the glass otherwise I will have to increase the price. Hopefully I can get the wood to just slip over the glass.

Top Bottom