Wife hates my vapor! 😂

Alexis

I am imagining CBD hash in particular, and not knocking what I admittedly do not know of, or have experienced, may be different to sense passively, odor, feel etc than even CBD flower, or cannabis flower.

I may be wrong. But if I vaped any sort of hashish, it would create more of a signal, odor, or feel than any flower, passively (as I already said lol, Bluedream vapor now gets me after Night Queen edibles and some very high quality new CBD oil we just discovered).

Maybe try vaping some flower I would suggest. Don't say anything even possibly. Just allow her to expect it to bother her as usual, and hopefully be unable not to feel pleasantly surprised if it doesn't, nearly as much.

shredder

When I decided to get involved in medical marijuana back in 08-09 I made the decision to include my wife in everything.

She went to meetings with me and was very involved, even though she didn't use or want to.

After a few years she started to vape on the rare occasion. Then I bought her own vape.

Now she vapes and uses more than me.

Did I fuck up, or what?

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one whos partner doesn't partake. I was starting to feel like I was the only one. Would've loved to have a partner who partakes, but i was never compatible with any of them long term. Plus none of them practiced moderation. It was either they hate pot and pot users with a passion, or they smoke a pound a day and DGAF about anything else. I never found a nice middle ground with a girl. I know that awesome female pot users exist, but the only ones I ever encountered were brain dead party skanks with huge egos and tiny worldviews....great for flings, not so much for LTR's...
My significant other (of nearly 7 years) only really started partaking last spring when I started vaping! So anyone can be converted. I see how you think you narrowly avoided casting generalizations on a whole gender there, but hey if that's your view then it's your's to share.
Very few folks are vehemently against weed outside of religion IME. Just find someone with a good head on their shoulders and they will likely find some good use for cannabis eventually, is my point.

Anyway, my gal always hated the harshness of smoking. Now with the volcano classic and solo 2 she's a daily toker with me. She can't really handle the e-nano at my temps or the flipbrick at all. Curious how she will react to the Vapbong 😂.

Vaping definitely helped us combat our alcohol consumption habits early pandemic, and now I've traded the bottle for the bong so it's a vape love story through and through.

Alexis

When I decided to get involved in medical marijuana back in 08-09 I made the decision to include my wife in everything.

She went to meetings with me and was very involved, even though she didn't use or want to.

After a few years she started to vape on the rare occasion. Then I bought her own vape.

Did I fuck up, or what?
Well it gives me sincere pleasure to tell you that, IMO...You are a GOOOOD influence!

She may look back in time and thank the heavens your are no coke, meth, or other..."head" haha!

Until one day she wakes up and shouts..."I'm married to a vaporizer head!" :)

quasars25

My wife doesn't like the vapor either. She says she can still smell it downstairs, even though I only vape in my upstairs man cave (with an essential oils diffuser, 2 air purifiers and I use a sploof). I also have to hide it from the kids. Although, I suspect my 16 year old knows.

Ultiv8r

If you want the most overkill option but that works. Almost even in the same room hah.

Carbon filtration. A good in-line fan with a top brand filter like Can or Phresh will definitely take care of it even set up to just scrub the air. Totally effective if you can create a bit of negative air pressure so all air in that room is filtered. A fan to move dead air works great though if the fan and filter combo are placed right.

Definitely grabs vape. Even smoke.

Done right you can grab all the smell from the flower and all. There isn’t anything I’ve found that can contain the smell of flower indefinitely. Vacuum seals, jars, whatever. Plus you gotta open it sometimes lol.

nopapers_justvapors

Did I fuck up, or what?
Not your fault, she's got free will 😉😅

nopapers_justvapors,
Reactions: arb

Ultiv8r

Old school and low budget you could always roll up a giant double thumb, or better yet borrow the biggest rig/bong you can and tell her you bought it.

That vape is just too weak so you’re upping your game.

Go for broke and bbq the whole sizzle. It won’t take much actual smoke to nuke the whole block but make her believe it.

Should probably make sure you’re ready to sleep on the pull out for a few days but after that she probably won’t hate vape!

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Just wondering out of curiosity. If your SO gave you the ultimatum of them or herb, which would you choose. I know there are a lot of factors in play that make some decisions easier like some may have just started a relationship vs some one like me where it’s been 15-16 years together.
Luckily my wife partakes, but I feel like she would never ask me to unless she was ready for the risk of separation . I have never asked her to quit even while Johnny law man had his thumb on me and I couldn’t partake. I don’t know what I actually would do... I have quit for parole so in a sense I chose her over cannabis but never an ultimatum where it’s her personal problem..

as for smell we keep it away from our kid but we dont hide it, because in our mind that’s like sayings it’s a bad thing that is naughty, and it’s not. We just don’t want her walking or standing in clouds.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Just wondering out of curiosity. If your SO gave you the ultimatum of them or herb, which would you choose. I know there are a lot of factors in play that make some decisions easier like some may have just started a relationship vs some one like me where it’s been 15-16 years together.
Luckily my wife partakes, but I feel like she would never ask me to unless she was ready for the risk of separation . I have never asked her to quit even while Johnny law man had his thumb on me and I couldn’t partake. I don’t know what I actually would do... I have quit for parole so in a sense I chose her over cannabis but never an ultimatum where it’s her personal problem..

as for smell we keep it away from our kid but we dont hide it, because in our mind that’s like sayings it’s a bad thing that is naughty, and it’s not. We just don’t want her walking or standing in clouds.

To keep it simple I dont do ultimatums at all, so that would be an easy choice for me and she wouldn't like it. That said if it was brought up and discussed like level-headed adults, I'm sure we could find a compromise somewhere if my usage was truly an issue. I wouldn't stop entirely if I didnt want to.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
My man. I feel the same exact way. I love my wife but I also love myself and herb is something I enjoy quite a bit. It would be like her asking me to change who I am. I feel like if push came to shove we would talk it out like adults an ultimatum would upset me more that she wasn’t willing to consider my feelings. Luckily my wife loves herb also so this is just hypothetical because just the other night the wife was telling her friend I love herb, even more than her even. I told her no that’s not true, but then I wondered if this situation arose.
To keep it simple I dont do ultimatums at all, so that would be an easy choice for me and she wouldn't like it. That said if it was brought up and discussed like level-headed adults, I'm sure we could find a compromise somewhere if my usage was truly an issue. I wouldn't stop entirely if I didnt want to.

SomnusViduus

you want the wizard or the skull?
I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one whos partner doesn't partake. I was starting to feel like I was the only one. Would've loved to have a partner who partakes, but i was never compatible with any of them long term. Plus none of them practiced moderation. It was either they hate pot and pot users with a passion, or they smoke a pound a day and DGAF about anything else. I never found a nice middle ground with a girl. I know that awesome female pot users exist, but the only ones I ever encountered were brain dead party skanks with huge egos and tiny worldviews....great for flings, not so much for LTR's...
my wife doesn't like the way weed makes her feel at all, but she is a huge advocate for decriminalization, medical research, and the like. she firmly believes that weed has helped me more than any of the mountains of pills they've thrown at me, and i tend to agree. she says i would be dead without it. she might be right, too. alcohol is a demon. shit, she's the reason i fucked combustion. she got me my first dynavap. she got me my first induction heater. i should probably marry her again.

shopdognyc

I read a book called the Yoga of forgiveness,it covers basic karma principles and there is talk about the Yoga of insult/offence . So one of the basic principles is to do to others what it is done to you,that way you keep the wheel rolling . There was this story of that yoga practitioner that began to feel unexplained hatred and contempt towards his wife,which was a very good and faithful woman. After meditating on the subject he realized that the root to his problem is his rage towards his mother,which he knew that wanted to have an abortion ,but it was to late, that made him feel unwanted and enraged. But his mother was far away and he couldnt project the negative energy to her,so he pointed it to the universal womanhood ,which closest representative is his wife and mother of his children. He realized in order to stop feeling negative about his wife he has to forgive his mother first.
Another thing they say is that the problem is not in the insult but in the insultability/sensibility of the subject. So the problem is not your vapor,the problem is that your wife is easily offended by it . Maybe someone in her past made comments/remarks about a certain patter of her behavior and she is just rollin the wheel onto you .. :D
In other words tell her do deal with it. She will be happier if it stops to bother her ,rather than you feeling she is some obstacle in getting the best possible experience.
I appreciate the anecdote but telling your significant other to deal with it will reign fire from above, below and all around you.
My significant other tolerates me bc I respect her space. I used to be THC only and have converted to more CBD. I just have to make sure I put in the work ahead of time that she has no ammunition to say I didn't do my chores or complete what I promised to do.

Its a silent go fuck yourself I did my chores, but I would never dare let those words come out of my mouth.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: BrianTL

wastedpotential

For kids, my brother tells his grandkids that it is his medicine, which it is.
The big thing is to make sure it is not viewed as evil, bad, or shameful. Being honest makes it so much easier moving forward.

And we have to remember that we have all been programmed (those of us over 25yrs) for decades on cannabis being bad, as bad as herion and crack. Whether we knew it was bullshit or not, it still got into our heads. So, even though I am using it legally, and it is becoming acceptable, I still feel the stigma.

And there is a confusing stigma from others. Confusing in that, they may not partake but are 100% on board with the use of cannabis, but there is a body language vibe that seems to hang. Whether it's in my head, or in their head, it is from the major brainwashing that our logic still battles.

As to the vaping with partners, it was so nice to see so many put their relationship ahead of their cannabis (or any hobby). Simple and thoughtful, finding solutions. Wonderful.

Zoltani

I appreciate the anecdote but telling your significant other to deal with it will reign fire from above, below and all around you.
My significant other tolerates me bc I respect her space. I used to be THC only and have converted to more CBD. I just have to make sure I put in the work ahead of time that she has no ammunition to say I didn't do my chores or complete what I promised to do.

Its a silent go fuck yourself I did my chores, but I would never dare let those words come out of my mouth.

Sorry bro, I cannot fathom living like this.

"Reigning fire" "ammunition" "go fuck yourself" damn
Sounds like you live in fear of her. But maybe I'm just projecting cause I've been in that type of relationship at one time.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Fear is not the way dude , women/partners arent the boogie man. If you feel like someone can use your lifestyle as an ammunition onto you then maybe you gotta meditate on some shit too.. And all that being said i was just trying to be funny with that story since i was also HAF and i was onto that book, i dont read such books, it was a random pick,lol ,. I am far from trying to give people i dont know advice on how to handle their relationships,but if someone really asks me . Cursing your partner in your mind and holding back is not good . Either find someone that doesnt get bothered or stops you from doing your shit when you want wherever you want, rather then changing your habbits or to practice in secrecy or exile, IMO this is why divorce rates are higher than ever nowadays. People come together out off being lonely rather than common interests and after turning their relationship into the Wallstreet of Compromise,at one point they just realize they dont fit together :D...
I hope you are taking my words on the fun side now ,. I am not judging /teaching anyone ,just advise that we should not be that sensible to bullshit.
I think that this thread serves a great purpose, when some wants advice ,he doesnt want people to made a decision for him, rather then see as many viewpoints as possible and decide which one fits his character and situaton the most. The purpose of telling moral stories is that that one recognizes himself with the characters , some people might even get a bit into the rabbit hole feel like such stories are purposely told cause of their particular case which might slow downf accepting the knowledge.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Mrs. Babyfaced doesn't mind the vapor as long as the kids aren't around. I agree on this, it's just our decision to keep it from them until they are older. That said, the little fuckers have a way of knowing when I'm about to start vaping. It is like a sixth sense they have. They'll be upstairs for hours, but the moment I pack a bowl or start vaping, something inside tells one of them to start bounding down the stairs for something. Which sends me scrambling to hide it. Usually not a problem, because I'm usually vaping in the garage, outside or down cellar, but I have to move quick. Sometimes the misses will be like, "Jesus you stunk up the basement, you better make sure no one goes down there for something." This is usually when I'm vaping flower, because concentrates tend to disappate quickly. I also put away all of my desktop vapes, like my beloved e-nano. These days it tends to be quick hitters like vapcaps, terp pens and the Sai.

But in terms of supporting me, she is tops. She knows I use my medicine for everything from gout to stress relief. That said, this past Christmas I found a whole bunch of stink reducers in my stocking, like another Smoke Buddy, a Sploofy, and a homemade device she put together with pvc piping, dryer sheets and activated carbon. That last one makes the basement smell like a $20 whore.

She tried herb a few times but never liked the way it made her feel. It's ok, I'll just vape her's too. ;)

BabyFacedFinster,

shopdognyc

Fear is not the way dude , women/partners arent the boogie man. If you feel like someone can use your lifestyle as an ammunition onto you then maybe you gotta meditate on some shit too.. And all that being said i was just trying to be funny with that story since i was also HAF and i was onto that book, i dont read such books, it was a random pick,lol ,. I am far from trying to give people i dont know advice on how to handle their relationships,but if someone really asks me . Cursing your partner in your mind and holding back is not good . Either find someone that you doesnt get bothered or stops you from doing your shit when you want wherever you want, rather then changing your habbits or to practice in secrecy or exile, IMO this is why divorce rates are higher than ever nowadays. People come together out off being lonely rather than common interests and at one point they just realize they dont fit together :D...
I hope you are taking my words on the fun side now ,. I am not judging /teaching anyone ,just advise that we should not be that sensible to bullshit.
I was writing in fun as well so sorry how it came out.

If I even thought of curse, she would appear out of no where like a ninja ready to kill me. I wouldn't disrespect her even in my mind.

I value my significant other enough to not go over the line but I also draw a line for her. I had a alcohol heavy lifestyle for two decades and cut out all of the enablers when I met her. Could have been coincidental, but life is boring but much better.

When she threatens to take and throw all of my vapes away, I say I will go back to being an alcoholic. Doesn't go over very well haha.

She doesn't like herb, but I do blow it around her, not at her. I try to be subtle and eventually it overcomes and takes effect. Find it quite endearing.

Fear should be reworded as respect. I have an angry side but doesn't really come out. I am happily compliant as long as its reasonable.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Damn, i am slooooow today ,you can guess why,lol.. :)) All my respect to everyone here . For what is worth i think that future of Mankind is single .
Everyone wants personal space,every one is so busy with work and daily tasks, the moto of the 21 century should be :Dont bother me with your shit, i have my own. I suggest to people entertained by this discussion to watch the movie SExmission . It is a hilarious polish comedy for two guys that are involved in a cryosleep experiment and wake up in the future to find out there are the last two men and women have long ago continued the evolution without them and dont even remember their existence https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088083/ 1611613854009.png

Top Bottom