Wife hates my vapor! 😂

iammyself

It depends on the strain, but usually yes. I’m restricted to the bathroom blowing out of the window, and am lucky to get that. I’d love to sit on the couch and vape. I’d probably splurge on a volcano hybrid to use a whip while laying back chilling.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Cant be surprised that your non-participating spouse does not like vapor/smoke... happens all the time.

Best advice I can give you, is find an area that you can do you and not fuck up your partner's air quality.
I tend to favor my workshop (basement), garage, porch... but I don't fuck around and blow in our common areas.

Vapefanatic

It depends on the strain, but usually yes. I’m restricted to the bathroom blowing out of the window, and am lucky to get that. I’d love to sit on the couch and vape. I’d probably splurge on a volcano hybrid to use a whip while laying back chilling.
I'm in the same camp, literally!
:lol:

Can't believe we're so alike, down to the same bathroom and window outlets lol

Do you spray some freshener at times too?

Jokes aside, I usually Vape when she's not in the room. If I'm not sure, I'll just inform her in advance that I'm gonna be disinfecting the room. She'll know what I mean LOL.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I read a book called the Yoga of forgiveness,it covers basic karma principles and there is talk about the Yoga of insult/offence . So one of the basic principles is to do to others what it is done to you,that way you keep the wheel rolling . There was this story of that yoga practitioner that began to feel unexplained hatred and contempt towards his wife,which was a very good and faithful woman. After meditating on the subject he realized that the root to his problem is his rage towards his mother,which he knew that wanted to have an abortion ,but it was to late, that made him feel unwanted and enraged. But his mother was far away and he couldnt project the negative energy to her,so he pointed it to the universal womanhood ,which closest representative is his wife and mother of his children. He realized in order to stop feeling negative about his wife he has to forgive his mother first.
Another thing they say is that the problem is not in the insult but in the insultability/sensibility of the subject. So the problem is not your vapor,the problem is that your wife is easily offended by it . Maybe someone in her past made comments/remarks about a certain patter of her behavior and she is just rollin the wheel onto you .. :D
In other words tell her do deal with it. She will be happier if it stops to bother her ,rather than you feeling she is some obstacle in getting the best possible experience.

nopapers_justvapors

Cant be surprised that your non-participating spouse does not like vapor/smoke... happens all the time.

Best advice I can give you, is find an area that you can do you and not fuck up your partner's air quality.
I tend to favor my workshop (basement), garage, porch... but I don't fuck around and blow in our common areas.
Yeah I'm usually in a room upstairs by myself, but sometimes we're together having a drink while I'm also vaping. She never really complained like this before. She doesn't seem to like the smell of the CBD hash I recently started vaping and said it smells like vanilla, apparently that smells lol 😂

howie105

Using around a nonuser is an exercise in in social engineering. All those involved need to find a way to accommodate their partners so everybody gets some of what they want. I was lucky with my last mate because that approach worked. The one prior to her it was always a battle, but then there were too many battles going on.

nopapers_justvapors

I read a book called the Yoga of forgiveness,it covers basic karma principles and there is talk about the Yoga of insult/offence . So one of the basic principles is to do to others what it is done to you,that way you keep the wheel rolling . There was this story of that yoga practitioner that began to feel unexplained hatred and contempt towards his wife,which was a very good and faithful woman. After meditating on the subject he realized that the root to his problem is his rage towards his mother,which he knew that wanted to have an abortion ,but it was to late, that made him feel unwanted and enraged. But his mother was far away and he couldnt project the negative energy to her,so he pointed it to the universal womanhood ,which closest representative is his wife and mother of his children. He realized in order to stop feeling negative about his wife he has to forgive his mother first.
Another thing they say is that the problem is not in the insult but in the insultability/sensibility of the subject. So the problem is not your vapor,the problem is that your wife is easily offended by it . Maybe someone in her past made comments/remarks about a certain patter of her behavior and she is just rollin the wheel onto you .. :D
In other words tell her do deal with it. She will be happier if it stops to bother her ,rather than you feeling she is some obstacle in getting the best possible experience.
Wow that's all really deep 🤔😂

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
So I feel incredibly lucky that my partner partakes alongside me and is not bothered by my vapor, even when I push multiple grams of CBD flower through the volcano (although she was working out yesterday during my CBD sesh and noted that my vapor was affecting her lungs, lol).

Living in a tiny Brooklyn apartment though, she does have an issue with my vaporIZERS and accessories. OUR vaporizers, I should say. In her perfect world we'd be buying vapor as she can't stand the gadgetclutter or the abv mess.

Part of it is her having a slight case of OCD and our apartment being quite narrow. The other part of it is that my VAS has my eyes growing wider than my shelves.

Anyway my solution has been cigar boxes and mood mats. I try to keep everything stashed, then I break out the cigar box dedicated to the vape I want to use, and it has all my accessories within. Mood mat makes the bubbler and tools confined and neat. The apartment must stay visually tidy if I want to keep my relationship healthy.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I'm thankful to have a wife that puts up with me. I vape quite a bit and she vapes as much as I do, sometimes more. I like the gear and variety, she usually sticks with dynavap stuff but she like the Mighty a lot, too. Needless to say, we vape anywhere and everywhere around the house.

Most gear is kept in a couple storage/organizer boxes on the kitchen counter. One is an old wooden box that her father made many, many years ago. It's very simple and very cool.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Part of it is her having a slight case of OCD and our apartment being quite narrow. The other part of it is that my VAS has my eyes growing wider than my shelves.

The apartment must stay visually tidy if I want to keep my relationship healthy.

Sounds very familiar - something that sounds so simple should be relatively easy, but I suppose the problem is when two people have different interpretations of "tidy" lol

I'm in an early 1900's 2 bed 1 bath. It's small, but does the job. Storage is almost non-existent, but should basically be doubling my square footage here in the next couple months, finishing my basement. That will give me my "me" space where I can put my shit but keep the upper "living area" de-cluttered and free of mischief...can't wait. Gonna get myself a vapbong to celebrate lol

As for the actual smell, she will say it smells like weed in here, but thats about as far as that goes. She rarely partakes, but she will have an edible or CBD a little more often

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
My girlfriend does not partake in my habit and when I was still smoking, I had to go outside for it – which I very much understand (now...). She doesn't like vapor that much either, but doesn't mind it since it vanishes so quickly (and doesn't leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth), so things are a bit more relaxed when it comes to that. She used to be much more anti cannabis, now she's accepting it very well and even shows some mild interest in my vapes and the cannabis culture. Usually I don't vape much anyway when we meet (long distance relationship, I often t-break when we are together, although I don't have to). I think it made it easier for her to open her mind to it.

cvs8floz

I am lucky in that respect, we have a small house, she is no longer a user because of many factors but sometimes wishes she could be. She never complains about the smell even if she sits next to me, I'm not really sure if it bothers her or not. I only vape, never smoke, so there is no lingering smell after the vapor dissipates. She once commented after a trip that the mildewey smell in her sister's house was much worse than any of my vaping. She absolutely hates alcohol though, I completely quit 3 years ago so that is not an issue anymore.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Taking some sweet CBD hash hits through bubbler. Wife is sitting across the table covering her nose and mouth every time I exhale! Does your other half hate your vapor? Tell us about it! 😂

Mrs. Babyfaced doesn't hate it, but I have to hide my vaping from the kids. It's either down the basement or the cold garage or open the door and blow the hits outside. I have a smoke buddy, but for some reason I lose some of the flavor and enjoyment when I have to exhale into a little plastic tube.

The only time I can sit and really enjoy a session is when it's pretty late at night. I love blowing my hits into a lamp and watching the splendor of the vapor clouds.

I find concentrates to be less stinky than flower.

vapirtoo

Hang in there my young parents! The tiny tots will be grown before you know it.
Keep em safe till you feel that they need to be enlightened by you.
Looking back, my guys are 30, it seems well worth the secrecy. They
were told at 16 and said, Yeh Dad we knew 2 years ago.
They do not enjoy the weed sensation, but boy can they drink!
My wife puts up with my man cave vaping, but frowns on 7AM
wake and bake sessions. WTF I'm an early bird.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one whos partner doesn't partake. I was starting to feel like I was the only one. Would've loved to have a partner who partakes, but i was never compatible with any of them long term. Plus none of them practiced moderation. It was either they hate pot and pot users with a passion, or they smoke a pound a day and DGAF about anything else. I never found a nice middle ground with a girl. I know that awesome female pot users exist, but the only ones I ever encountered were brain dead party skanks with huge egos and tiny worldviews....great for flings, not so much for LTR's...

Last edited:
Top Bottom