• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Why do they cough?

moomin

I'm planning to get a vaporizer, following a health scare, but when I look at the demo videos, the demonstrator nearly always coughs after inhaling the vapour. Is it the temperature of the vapour? Or is it because I'm loking at demos of stealth pocket vapes?
Also, has anyone seen the recent recent research showing that e-cig users inhaling nicotine vapor have significantly reduced airways?

moomin,

max

Out to lunch
Is it the temperature of the vapour?
Possible but not necessarily. THC itself tends to make you cough, and those producing videos are much more likely to take big hits, in order to display big clouds on exhale.

Or is it because I'm loking at demos of stealth pocket vapes?
A pocket vape, used correctly, won't make coughing any more likely than any other design. Some may have a problem with a short vapor path, others may have more of a issue with a big hitting whip model with plenty of tubing to cool the vapor. And some people have a problem with coughing easily while others don't. I can find lots of youtube vids with big vapor hits and no coughing. It's up to every user to find a comfort level with both vapor and the model they use.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Max is right; since they are demoing the vape, more than likely to smokers than vapers, they are going to be taking big ass hits to be able to exhale a big cloud. They may even be coughing on purpose to try to make it seem like they are getting bigger hits than they are.

If you have a variable temperature model, you can control the thickness of the vapor and adjust for smaller hits which won't make you cough. You also can always just take smaller puffs and mix in air as you inhale if you do not wish to cough.

CentiZen,
Reactions: OF

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Also, has anyone seen the recent recent research showing that e-cig users inhaling nicotine vapor have significantly reduced airways?

Haven't seen that. I can tell you first hand that I've been using an ecig and vaping for almost 3 years and I can report nothing but unbelievably better feeling, higher capacity lungs and the ability to get so so very high off of so so very little herb.

And I still occasionally cough from vapor, but I love huge hits!

JDSupreme,

OF

OF,
Top Bottom