Which vape(s) helped you quit combustion?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My older cousin had a knock off eBay Vapor Bros style box vape copy sitting on his desk. I stopped smoking after my first hit from that, then I brought the vape home because nobody else wanted it.

Used that for a while plugged into a bong until it eventually broke; then I was given a Volcano Classic from a family friend who switched to edibles during his cancer battle. Used that for a few years too.

Never personally had to go through any process to “switch” from combusting, I always genuinely preferred the vapor from the first time I tried it.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
BHO dabs ""helped ""me quit combustion(2007),,DBV (2009) helped me quit dabs ,never looked back.. It took a while for me to find something that ups the experience.
MFLB,VaporGenie,Vapo-bowl,Vaponic,Vapman that followed didnt quite do it for me. It wasnt until the Magic Wand vaporizer,Gn0mes and the Underdog upped my game .

Last edited:

Cannabiker

After unboxing and trying my Silver Surfer standard model, purchased after weeks of online research about which vaporizer to get, about 15 years ago, I immediately preferred vaporizing to smoking, for the most part without looking back.
I got my SSV about the same time, around 2007. It got me to stop smoking at home, but it would be quite a few years before I quit combusting altogether because I couldn't find a portable with enough cloud capacity. The OG Firefly came close, around 2014, but it was a little wispy, and the battery life sucked. I hate to admit it, but the vape that finally got me to quit combusting completely was the PAX. That over-cooked conduction hit spoke to my combustion-biased tastes at the time.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I got my SSV about the same time, around 2007. It got me to stop smoking at home, but it would be quite a few years before I quit combusting altogether because I couldn't find a portable with enough cloud capacity. The OG Firefly came close, around 2014, but it was a little wispy, and the battery life sucked. I hate to admit it, but the vape that finally got me to quit combusting completely was the PAX. That over-cooked conduction hit spoke to my combustion-biased tastes at the time.

The vapman is the only portable that I've tried so far that in fact exceeds many desktops in cloud capacity as well as flavor.
I tried the Pax once at someone's house, it was ok, to me it was just another higher end massed produced vaporizer,
but many people really like it.

Cannabiker

The vapman is the only portable that I've tried so far that in fact exceeds many desktops in cloud capacity as well as flavor.
I tried the Pax once at someone's house, it was ok, to me it was just another higher end massed produced vaporizer,
but many people really like it.
Yeah, that's a generous assessment of the PAX. It wasn't long before I found better options, like the Revolve that the tracking says is waiting for me at home.

BuzzDanklin

I got my Vaporbrothers hands free in 2006, but I just used it like another piece, so I kept hitting bongs/bubblers and joints. But then in 2009 I got the Volcano classic and that was the first vape that got me to quit combusting for a month or so straight, and then when I tried combusting again it just tasted like ash and I was converted

Farid

The purple days log was the first vape I got that allowed me to stop smoking one hitters while at home. When out I'd use a mflb or smoke one hitters, and with friends I'd still smoke anything.

When I got a solo I was finally able to get my friends on board with vaping, since it was easy to pass around and get good hits.

It wasn't until the 3rd gen vapcaps came out that I was really able to quit one hitters and smoking hash all together. I've always loved the portability and hit style of a one hitter, and the vapcap perfectly replicates that. In retrospect I wish I had gotten a vapman during those years before the vapcap was created, since I think that's the closest thing there was back then.

Greenleaf88

I dodnt shy away from spending the money I got myself a eq and a iq lol

Helped me realize that vaping was amazing then proceeded to order mighty and volcano and never looked back.

Greenleaf88,

Texus

It was the Ditanium and DynaVap combo that did it for me.

BUT if I was gonna recommend someone a vape to get off combustion now and they were a big smoker, I'd say go Anvil. That user edition is nuts and learning curve minimal. For casual flavor chaser, I'd recommend Vapman. Or iwards a f a person was into the convenience factor, I'd point them towards an on-demand or session vape like the Mighty, v3 Pro or Tafee Bowle. For that click a button pick it up and hit it factor (especially nice for gamers).

Comfortably Numb

My first vape was a Solo 2...I failed at kicking combustion using that...then a few months later I picked up 2 Dynavap 2020 M's and a Enano...have been using both of these as my DD though I dont use the 2020's much...have several 2019'Ms....goes back and forth which one gets used the most...

cptofnthng

I can honestly say that arizer vapes - i tried the Air 2 and a solo 1- delayed fuckingcombustion for a few years, because i thought If this was all there is, i cant do it. Like sucking a table tennis ball through a straw.
But with the crafty in 2018 i tried again and never looked back. Introducing glass was next level for me though, even the crafty (which had Long been replaced for Harder hitting vapes) found a place back into rotation with a WPA.

Last edited:

Comfortably Numb

Dont get me wrong....Arizer's build quality on all their vapes are second to none...I still use the Solo 2 for fishing trips.... but given what I know now I would not purchase again.....just not for me...

Comfortably Numb,

Fesob_31

The Fury Edge is what did it for me, but it is not my first vaporizer. Just easier to use than the Air 2 For me, at the time. Later I started to know the Air 2 better and enjoy it so much I had to get a Solo 2. This one became my daily driver for a long time. Now I keep using it but I don’t have a daily driver anymore, I have many :D

Top Bottom