What's in your vape right now?

CANtalk

NYE w/ moar amazing Maui Wowie in the vape, this batch again & enjoy :science::science::love:
hho30zvyk92b1.jpg

Bring on great sativas & happy NYE! Vape on my friends

:peace::leaf:

JBone65

Chemdog12-23.jpg

🎉HAPPY NEW YEAR! 🎆

Re-posting this pic of the Chemdog I got a few days ago, now that I've had time to evaluate it. I love the flavor of Chemdog, really glad I forked out $15 for an eighth to try it. In fact, I like it so much I'm probably gonna go back and fork out $120 for an ounce, if it's still available. I'm still a tightwad, but just a smidgeon of this stuff adds excellent flavor (and effect) to my sativa dominant blend. My MO with any flower these days is to store it and add it to blends as needed for as long as it lasts. There's plenty of good weed around here for $60-70/oz but very few dispensaries have Chemdog to sell. This should last 6-8 months (obvious rationalization!).

Here's another non-combustible cannabis habit I'm enjoying. A bag (40 pieces x 25mg each) of these sour gum drops can be had for $19. That's <50¢ apiece for big sweet candies (actually day-long tranquilizers:nod:). Edibles supposedly result in different cannabinoid compounds entering your bloodstream compared to vaping cannabis. Both at the same time are ideal IMO! I tried making my own edibles, but I wasn't good at it.
PXL-20240101-120744207-PORTRAIT-2.jpg

I sincerely hope everyone has a prosperous and stoned 2024!!!🥳

Last edited:

Robert-in-YEG

Today it's Wedding Cake.

It's Wedding Cake because I made a mistake. Walked into the budd store thinking Tiger Cake. Tiger Cake is what I wanted, but there was a brain fart and I left with the wrong flower.

If you're in Canada, the Tiger Cake in the stores is really quite lovely. It has the far better buzz. When it comes to buzz, Tiger Cake kicks. Wedding Cake, it's OK. It is not Tiger Cake, but it's OK.

Happy New Year 2024

Robert-in-YEG

This is what I am vaping

Wedding Cake is, sometimes called Pink Cookies, a hybrid with indica-dominance. It is attained by crossing Triangle Kush and Animal Mints. It gives an exceptionally sweet aromatic essence and a fruity flavor. The taste is a perfect combination of sweetness of cookies and fruitiness of a cherry pie. It works as a calming agent and appetite stimulator, and is quite helpful for patients who experience regular depression-associated syndromes, fibromyalgia, MS and other such related symptoms. It may act as a sedative for patients, but does help in calming down nerves or controlling anxiety stimulating symptoms. Although it might not completely hamper your focus and energy levels, it will cause the usual drying out of eyes and mouth. This particular medical marijuana is grown indoors. It is observed to contain a THC level of 25-27%. In terms of physical features, it is shaped like pine trees and looks dense in its structural form. It is quite frosty looking and has dark green leaves. This particular medical marijuana is also thickly dressed up with orange hair all over it. It is most generally known for its sugary taste, as well as high potency value.

JBone65

PXL-20240103-160751738-2.jpg

Blended and ground a weeks-worth of everything in the freezer: Chemdawg, Acapulco Gold, MAC 1, Blue Dream, Super Lemon Haze, Gelanade & Super Sour Diesel. Although each strain has a unique pungent smell, the blend has a basic garden-fresh smell. I dunno, I can't smell anymore. Other than building up a little inventory, it doesn't cost anymore since the rate of usage isn't necessarily higher. You can maintain consistency over a longer term by not changing too many ingredients at one time. Most importantly, it's consistently satisfying. In fact, I might love it too much.

Only in Oklahoma, right! 🤠 Yeee-hhaaaww!

Originally blended strains as a way to utilize weed bought by mistake. That didn't necessarily work very well but I found that different strains really can work together. Who knows maybe it's a more full entourage effect. Ultimately, you only blend good strains for maximum effect. Some work well together and some don't, in case mixing just one or two strains, but if you put 6-7 good strains together, it's probably gonna work everytime. It's worth trying if you want consistently good weed for less money.

186°

Hi there, this is me live commenting. I wanted to share that I just opened the new jar of my medicine and it smelled like bunch of strawberries :)
The strain is called Cheesotho and according to the internet it should be a kind of remake of Exodus Cheese (which I've never tried). I had this strain before but the taste wasn't that prominent at that time. The last jar was a little bit fruity, but not berry-leaning at all. I don't know whether it is a different batch or if my senses had grown on this (what definitely happens to me every now and then; also I just had a cold). When I put all my attention to it, I get why it has the Cheese in its name: The smell has a kind of a warmth to it (like the opposite to the cooling effect one experience with menthol and menthol-like terpenes).
The Cheesotho in my jar has 18% THC. The effects have been quite energizing, so far. To proof that it does not just work for me: a guy who was very stoned and tired of his weed took a little bit of my mine the other day and he was totally baffled how he was suddenly awake. His eyes opened up. This was nice to watch.

So I'll just stop here for a minute and take my first hit of the day with my old pear vapman...

:sherlock:

Season 8 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Ok, all the anger about my wife being so messy is gone already. I was able to recognize a little bit of the berry-taste. Delicious, but not overwhelming (which is totally fine for a start). Now this very specific feeling is creeping in. You know, that feeling conservatives hate: a feeling of inner peace, love and happiness. But, to be honest, 20 mg wasn't enough to sustain this feeling. And I think I need to make another, a better, cup of tea. I will make it with fresh ginger instead. This old licorice brew wasn't a good fit.

:sherlock:

season 6 episode 22 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Ok alright. My eyes are wide open. I'm motivated. I have appetite again. I'm not in perfect harmony, but the cannabis is not to blame for this. I've read some news before and I have the right amount of anger about it which I can now steer in a direction where no one I love is negatively affected by.

I love this plant. I love the existence of this forum. I love love. I hate hate.

Have a nice day :wave:

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Ok, all the anger about my wife being so messy is gone already.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
(I can strongly relate to this...)

And I think I need to make another, a better, cup of tea. I will make it with fresh ginger instead. This old licorice brew wasn't a good fit.
Do you usually drink different teas? And different teas with different strains?

Ok alright. My eyes are wide open. I'm motivated. I have appetite again. I'm not in perfect harmony, but the cannabis is not to blame for this. I've read some news before and I have the right amount of anger about it which I can now steer in a direction where no one I love is negatively affected by.

I love this plant. I love the existence of this forum. I love love. I hate hate.

Have a nice day :wave:
Cannabis really is great. Can give so much, if you let it. Helpful getting some perspective. My advice, to everyone, good to remember that it is possible to use those new insights even when not vaping. Apply them so that they become a part of you

You have a nice day too :sherlock:

186°

Do you usually drink different teas? And different teas with different strains?

Good question. Maybe even for a new thread?
For me: I do not consciously arrange my pairings of drinking and vaping herbs by taste (yet!). I used to drink a lot of mint. But fresh ginger is my new favorite. It's better for my stomach. But I do remember some occasions when drinking different kinds or even strains of tea/infusions where I suddenly thought: "Wow, that's a really good fit with my weed". I could certainly understand if people would go wild as tea sommelier and combine it with different tastes of cannabis. But I would suggest: health should be the number one priority. Humans used herbs as medicine from the very beginning. It's in our nature. And now there is knowledge about every plant in libraries and online. One might look at reciprocal effects when combining different medicines (e.g. i cannot drink peppermint tea and eat chicoree salad because my tongue gets numb, but individually I can eat them). Usually the taste is a good guide. I have a lot of allergies, so I'm not keen to experiment a lot.

Tellus

Good question. Maybe even for a new thread?
For me: I do not consciously arrange my pairings of drinking and vaping herbs by taste (yet!). I used to drink a lot of mint. But fresh ginger is my new favorite. It's better for my stomach. But I do remember some occasions when drinking different kinds or even strains of tea/infusions where I suddenly thought: "Wow, that's a really good fit with my weed". I could certainly understand if people would go wild as tea sommelier and combine it with different tastes of cannabis. But I would suggest: health should be the number one priority. Humans used herbs as medicine from the very beginning. It's in our nature. And now there is knowledge about every plant in libraries and online. One might look at reciprocal effects when combining different medicines (e.g. i cannot drink peppermint tea and eat chicoree salad because my tongue gets numb, but individually I can eat them). Usually the taste is a good guide. I have a lot of allergies, so I'm not keen to experiment a lot.
Yes probably best for a new thread maybe. But that does sound like a nice way to enjoy cannabis, together with cup tea. I've always wanted to drink tea in the evenings

Edit. And just now had some of this, Amnesia Haze. I think i would have a hard time telling any difference with lemon haze. Both smell like lemons, similar feel. Need to someday do a side by side test?
IMG-20240108-230933.jpg

Last edited:

Tellus

I don't know how a ball vape works, or how many hits I could take with one. But in a tm that would last me maybe 30+ hits with temp stepping... I accept the challenge!
No I won't accept the challenge, I would probably pass out. I have a natural low tolerance, just a quarter of that is a good enough challenge for me. Pass me the rosin please

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That looks like about 10 hits for my weak lungs!
I have a cold so it was at least 6-8 hits (I lose count after one hand)...good for a movie not having to repack...I do like a roasty vape flavour so multi-hits are fine for me. I don't mix my outdoor grown as that is definitely a one-hit herb as it tastes bad on any more than a single hit.

JBone65

Chanel-5-Jan24.jpg

Bought an ounce of Chanel#5 (smalls, 26% THC, labeled as sativa) on a whim for $52 because I was trying to resist the temptation to spend $125 on an ounce of excellent Chemdog. Sounds stupid, I know, but it worked.

Finding no info on Chanel #5 online. It appears to be a proprietary strain from local grower Red Dirt Sungrown. The budtender didn't recommend it. Doesn't have a strong odor. Interestingly, the taste is kinda bland like one of my sativa blends, a little earthy with no excessive sweetness, dankness, earthiness or fuel smell. It produces no body stone whatsoever but gives a clean "racing" head buzz which goes on for hours.

I noticed three changes. I'm finding myself vaping only one strain, walking away satisfied after every hit, and waiting twice as long between hits. This probably isn't for everyone, a pure head buzz will cause intense anxiety for some, but it's exactly what I like. 🫡

Okay I admit it sounds to good to be true. I'm sticking with the story.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Chanel-5-Jan24.jpg

Bought an ounce of Chanel#5 (smalls, 26% THC, labeled as sativa) on a whim for $52 because I was trying to resist the temptation to spend $125 on an ounce of excellent Chemdog. Sounds stupid, I know, but it worked.

Finding no info on Chanel #5 online. It appears to be a proprietary strain from local grower Red Dirt Sungrown. The budtender didn't recommend it. Doesn't have a strong odor. Interestingly, the taste is kinda bland like one of my sativa blends, a little earthy with no excessive sweetness, dankness, earthiness or fuel smell. It produces no body stone whatsoever but gives a clean "racing" head buzz which goes on for hours.

I noticed three changes. I'm finding myself vaping only one strain, walking away satisfied after every hit, and waiting twice as long between hits. This probably isn't for everyone, a pure head buzz will cause intense anxiety for some, but it's exactly what I like. 🫡

Okay I admit it sounds to good to be true. I'm sticking with the story.
Found this on the askgrowers site ... gotta go back to work 😪

JBone65

Found this on the askgrowers site ... gotta go back to work 😪

I guess I overlooked it somehow. Askgrowers doesn't say much about it except that it has two main terpenes, pinene and terpineol. I did find a couple of other references to a "Chanel" indica strain but it's apparently not related according to Askgrowers. Bought this last week, despite the fact that it appeared too dry with some of the buds as small as popcorn kernels. Felt like a sucker when I walked out of the dispensary. Had plenty of time to "evaluate" it since then, increasingly impressed. Happy to know this exists. 😄

Top Bottom