What's in your vape right now?

JBone65

firstable, what you posted is so interesting! because it really can be that combination of Caryophyllene + Limonene that gives the taste of the Banana. the Banana taste while vaping in low-mid temp comes from 2 terpenes or more, I'm pretty sure about that.

but... I highly doubt that these buds from the specific pheno has less than 1% of terpenes, I think it's around 1.5% - 2.5%
the buds which i'm having now are somehow between what you posted, and the photos of another pheno - down below, the 360 link - which you can see, has more trichomes, less orange leafs which are not rich in THCA at all....

*I don't know the exact taste of Myrcene actually. but the banana og i'm having is not an indica, so I suppose, only suppose, that they don't contain Myrcene.

• 0.161% Alpha Pinene
  • 0.177% Beta Pinene
  • 0.071% Myrcene
  • 0.566% Limonene
  • 0.011% Ocimene
  • < 0.002% Terpinolene
  • 0.028% Linalool
  • 0.539% Caryophyllene
  • 0.147% Humulene
  • 1.700% TERPENE-TOTAL

I tried to take a photo under 60x....
TRR.jpg

TRII.jpg
That website, archive.analytical.com, has lots of info if you hack around a bit. Found a terpene breakdown for Acapulco gold (pasted below). A gob of almost pure limonene might be the cause of that amazing flavor.

I'm finding only a few websites that publish terpene profiles, and the figures they publish seem to vary from site to site. The lack of consensus might be due to widely different growing conditions, impure (or constantly changing) strains and/or inaccurate testing.
  • < 0.01% Linalool
  • < 0.01% Caryophyllene oxide
  • 0.04% Myrcene
  • < 0.01% beta-Pinene
  • 3.45% Limonene
  • 0.11% Terpinolene
  • < 0.01% alpha-Pinene
  • 0.36% Humulene
  • 0.51% Caryophyllene
  • 4.47% TERPENE-TOTAL

JBone65

I Finally posted a pic. Thanks Goldenbud.

markup-1433.png

Just bought an amazing ounce from a nearby dispensary for ~$41 including tax. It looks, smells and tastes great. This place, Mango Cannabis, started their 420 sale today (42% discount). Saw their add this morning for $25/oz Alaskan Thunderfuck (used to live there). Haven't seen prices that low in 30+ years. Figured it might be no good but had to see for myself. I assumed it would be "rolling dope" and not good in the grasshopper.

This dispensary is a little over five miles away. I probably passed at least 10-15 dispensaries on the way. I was on my bike, and the normal wind wasn't blowing, it smelled like Amsterdam as I rolled up. Red Bud Elixers from Tulsa had setup a booth and were giving away free tastes of their supposedly pure cartridge. Some one who knows about HTE and CO2 extraction will no more about that than me. I'm normally a flower person, but I ended up taking too many free hits and I bought a 1 g cartridge of White Rhino (after they convinced me it was 100% pure with all the original terps). Haven't tried it yet.

There were five excellent looking strains I haven't heard of on the bottom shelf, and Lilac Diesel was the only one labeled sativa. Naturally there was no confusing paperwork to look at. Looked as good as the seven top shelf weeds, which I assumed were overpriced at $85 after tax. Anyway I wanted to test the bottom shelf.

Turns out it's great weed in my grasshopper io. It's fresh with strong terps that smell like oranges and cookies when grinding. Found the unusual terp profile online. It has a few I've never heard of. I also learned that the strain was developed by Ethos Genetics and marketed in the Denver area.

Might as well come here and buy it cheeep.:haw::leaf:

Lilac Diesel Terpene Profile​

Pinene0.09%
Myrcene0.03%
Ocimene0.07%
Humulene0.04%
Limonene0.04%
Linalool0.01%
Sabinene0.08%
Bisabolol0.17%
Valencene0.11%
Terpinolene0.26%
Caryophyllene0.1%
Total terpenes content1.00%

Last edited:

CANtalk

Blue Dream at the moment in the vape. This batch again and amazing flavors.
8etrsipd90u61.jpg

I've restricted my cannabis vaping even more lately, 7 vapes in 3 weeks and never Mon-Thurs. The only other strains vaped were bStrawberry Cough & Vortex. All potent sativas and batches with amazing flavors in a clean airpath vape :bowdown:. Racy racy sativas :science::evil::razz:. I did all three for an indulgent TGIF.

Have a great weekend.

:peace: :leaf:

GoldenBud

Pinene0.09%
Myrcene0.03%
Ocimene0.07%
Humulene0.04%
Limonene0.04%
Linalool0.01%
Sabinene0.08%
Bisabolol0.17%
Valencene0.11%
Terpinolene0.26%
Caryophyllene0.1%
how old the genetic is? i mean.. it's pretty much low, but i think the THCA content also not too high too, so it's like.. nice mellow strain for the day? but for the price you mentioned? hell yea! and ATF for such low amount?? go for it..!!!

GoldenBud,

JBone65

I wish someone would tell me how to post a picture. It looks about like the Blue Dream pic posted by Cantalk. Tastes better than the strawberry cough I bought a couple of months ago. I'm guessing the THC content is fairly high, maybe 23-25%. Maybe I'm blinded by the low price.

I temp step with my io. Just reached Max temp (221°C) got the 6th hit and it's still going.

GoldenBud

I wish someone would tell me how to post a picture. It looks about like the Blue Dream pic posted by Cantalk. Tastes better than the strawberry cough I bought a couple of months ago. I'm guessing the THC content is fairly high, maybe 23-25%. Maybe I'm blinded by the low price.

I temp step with my io. Just reached Max temp (221°C) got the 6th hit and it's still going.
https://imgbb.com/ Upload a pic, then choose BBcode full linked in the Embed codes. but, to here, copy only the thing that starts with
[i_m_g] and ends with [/i_m_g]

ok then it sounds like an epic sativa! I am having a real good lifting high from this Banana Lemon hehe....
and we can hope you have something like 1.5% of terpenes or more...

CANtalk

Sound great, happy to see the help already 👍. Will help tomorrow if needed when not haf as currently :science::evil::razz:. Look forward to figuring it out if not already/soon.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
heavy vaping day! well I'm sticking to my micro dosing but I've been having my heaviest strain. Toro, True OG at 31% thc, heavy indica! I've accomplished nothing all day and I feel too good to care!!! I'd snap a pic but it was a 5g jar which usually means smaller nugs and yep it does, though they are incredibly frosty my camera is shit and two little last nugs is a shit photo! heavy weed means a heavy vape! enter Vrod! this stuff is the best indica I've tried, wish I had more than another 5g tin..... oh yeah I forgot to mention its fancy, dancey weed that comes in a tin with a pull top lid and is packed in nitrogen gas........ super fancy I guess but the incredible high can't be denied!!!!! freaking love this stuff, feel like I'm having a dab day! happy holiday weekend everyone, vape it if you got it!!!!!!!

Bad Dog

w/ some Sunset Sherbet from a local dispensary
I've also got some sunset sherbet, from Broken Coast, nice stuff:drool:

A little Gelato #33 for me tonight
a Italian enjoying some gelato...... you're such a stereotype @NYC_Frank :brow:;) jk of course. I haven't tried this strain yet but am interested for some time. how do you like it???

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
a Italian enjoying some gelato...... you're such a stereotype @NYC_Frank :brow:;) jk of course. I haven't tried this strain yet but am interested for some time. how do you like it???
That's me ... a Frankie from Brooklyn, NYC ... we're all alike 😎🇮🇹

The Gelato 33 delivered a real nice energetic high with a delicious grape flavor.

Was part of my first legal purchase after almost 50 yrs of 💨. Also got me some top shelf Grapes of Wrath which I'll be enjoying with some wine a little later today. I'm looking forward to sampling others now that I can ... just have to kill off the rest of my last black market ounce I bought in February ...

Buona Pasqua paisan.🍷

Last edited:

Bad Dog

That's me ... a Frankie from Brooklyn, NYC ... we're all alike 😎🇮🇹
your 1 in a million buddy, never let anyone tell you different !

little cbd in the vape today after yesterdays indulging, strain was suggested by some fellow Canadian FC members. its actually quite good, called selygn or some such nonsense from the grower but its sour tsunami 19%cbd

now if you'll excuse me I need to put up some umbrellas to keep my igloo from melting, spring in Canada ;)

JBone65

Went back for the 420 sale and got an ounce of (coincidentally) gelato #33 today. The strong flavor is unique. Looking forward to adding the unusual terpene profile to my Frankenstein blend.

PXL-20220417-175001017-PORTRAIT.jpg
Screenshot-20220417-120342.png

PXL-20220417-180632314-PORTRAIT.jpg

This particular version could be greenhouse weed based on the low price and the 2.79% terpene concentration. It does well in the io. Plenty of flavor. What it lacks in sweetness it makes up for with dankness, kinda reminds me of old style waxy Columbian bud.

Last edited:

Aquanaught

The Gelato 33 delivered a real nice energetic high with a delicious grape flavor.
Was part of my first legal purchase after almost 50 yrs of 💨.

@NYC_Frank was the gelato 33 from Empire? I just picked up some of the Gelato from the Chelsea location, although mine just says "gelato" and from what I understand the Gelato 33 is different phenotype. Either way, the stuff I ended up is excellent. Super flavorful, and for me not energizing per se but definitely more uplifting and less stoney/sleepy than I was expecting.

JBone65

I assume your asking about the Lilac Diesel. Not sure my cheap strain is the same as yours. I smelled cookie dough initially, but it had a fresh fruity flavor when I went in for the hard sniff. It might have been a half hour later when my brain finally came up with oranges, so I'm only sure it was kind fruity. I already ground and mixed a 1/4 ounce so won't be able to smell it properly until I crack another 1/4 oz.

Edit: Okay. I might have misunderstood. Loaded the io with pure gelato 33 (aka Larry Bird) a few hours ago. It's strong. I'm way too stoned....

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
@NYC_Frank was the gelato 33 from Empire? I just picked up some of the Gelato from the Chelsea location, although mine just says "gelato" and from what I understand the Gelato 33 is different phenotype. Either way, the stuff I ended up is excellent. Super flavorful, and for me not energizing per se but definitely more uplifting and less stoney/sleepy than I was expecting.
Yeah ... it was ... because it's not the sleepy stoney high I've been getting from my black market guy forever, i described it as energetic ... think I'll need alot more practice with varied strains to really understand the effects ... enjoy brother

NYC_Frank,
  • Love
Reactions: Bad Dog

JBone65

Yeah ... it was ... because it's not the sleepy stoney high I've been getting from my black market guy forever, i described it as energetic ... think I'll need alot more practice with varied strains to really understand the effects ... enjoy brother
I'm guessing this less expensive version of Gelato 33 I bought yesterday is the real thing, but it might have been grown in a greenhouse environment instead of a premium indoor environment.

The buds are compact just like the pictures.
PXL-20220417-180632314-PORTRAIT.jpg

This has a pungent peppery herbal flavor, not as sweet as the Lilac Diesel I bought a few days ago. Haven't gotten to know it yet, only vape'd one bowl but I'm already happy with it.

JBone65

Screenshot-20220417-150351.png
I Finally posted a pic. Thanks Goldenbud.

markup-1433.png

Just bought an amazing ounce from a nearby dispensary for ~$41 including tax. It looks, smells and tastes great. This place, Mango Cannabis, started their 420 sale today (42% discount). Saw their add this morning for $25/oz Alaskan Thunderfuck (used to live there). Haven't seen prices that low in 30+ years. Figured it might be no good but had to see for myself. I assumed it would be "rolling dope" and not good in the grasshopper.

This dispensary is a little over five miles away. I probably passed at least 10-15 dispensaries on the way. I was on my bike, and the normal wind wasn't blowing, it smelled like Amsterdam as I rolled up. Red Bud Elixers from Tulsa had setup a booth and were giving away free tastes of their supposedly pure cartridge. Some one who knows about HTE and CO2 extraction will no more about that than me. I'm normally a flower person, but I ended up taking too many free hits and I bought a 1 g cartridge of White Rhino (after they convinced me it was 100% pure with all the original terps). Haven't tried it yet.

There were five excellent looking strains I haven't heard of on the bottom shelf, and Lilac Diesel was the only one labeled sativa. Naturally there was no confusing paperwork to look at. Looked as good as the seven top shelf weeds, which I assumed were overpriced at $85 after tax. Anyway I wanted to test the bottom shelf.

Turns out it's great weed in my grasshopper io. It's fresh with strong terps that smell like oranges and cookies when grinding. Found the unusual terp profile online. It has a few I've never heard of. I also learned that the strain was developed by Ethos Genetics and marketed in the Denver area.

Might as well come here and buy it cheeep.:haw::leaf:

Pinene0.09%
Myrcene0.03%
Ocimene0.07%
Humulene0.04%
Limonene0.04%
Linalool0.01%
Sabinene0.08%
Bisabolol0.17%
Valencene0.11%
Terpinolene0.26%
Caryophyllene0.1%
One last comment on the $41/oz Lilac Diesel. From what I can gather, this is less expensive primarily because it's greenhouse grown, where it responds to sunlight but has protection from wind, storms. When not on sale (420 sale) it's only $72 including tax.

It's especially interesting to me because it changed my mind in one big way, I no longer think indoor craft grown is always better.

Even with free flowing breeze and lots of fans the greenhouse has to get very hot in the August Oklahoma sun. I'm shocked that this cheap weed might be my most enjoyable in a couple of years.

It kinda makes sense. Despite the 50%+ cost reduction that comes with greenhouse, this weed seems to have everything else going for it. There's no substitute for amazing genetics. Then there's growers care and expertise, and bud handling care including harvesting, curing, and storing that can all be optimized at no additional cost.

Here's the crux of the matter. I assumed that the drastically higher heat meant more terpenes lost to the atmosphere, smaller trichomes, weed that can't taste or be as good, etc. Now I'm wondering if the intense sunlight didn't add more to the overall taste and buzz than was lost to the heat. 🤔

Am I becoming a "sunlight grown" person?

This not only cuts my daily cost 50%, the enjoyment factor is higher. Now I just have to figure out how to construct a greenhouse. [Edit: Now that I know how good it can turn out in a greenhouse, I'm thinking about how secure and inexpensive and easy it will be compared to indoor. Also, with only one season per year, there's no penalty for growing sativa's that take longer to flower but might can ultimately yield as much (if they get huge).]

I tend to overthink things...

Screenshot-20220417-150351.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom