• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What vape can be used as both a desktop + portable / session + on demand simultaneously?

Finessseee

Is the MiniVAP Teflon Core the only option for this? I'm looking for something that can be used dry as a portable around the house, and through a water pipe on demand in a desktop setting. Something that’s a couch sipper and also a bong ripper.

Wondering if there's anything else that falls into the entire hybrid territory. Desktop + Portable / Session + On-Demand all at once. Maybe a Volcano falls under this category since bags are essentially a home portable? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

From the top of my head a anvil but it still requires a torch so makes portability a issue for some.

Greenleaf88,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Session + On-Demand all at once.
This part confused me. Do you mean you want a vape that has a session and on-demand mode?

I take the rest of your question that you mean you want a powerful portable that can be used on glass?

Grass Yes,

Finessseee

This part confused me. Do you mean you want a vape that has a session and on-demand mode?

I take the rest of your question that you mean you want a powerful portable that can be used on glass?
Essentially I’m really aiming for something that can be used as a desktop and a portable. I want something that can be a couch sipper, but also a bong ripper if that makes sense. It doesn’t have to be session + on demand per se.. but I figured the Teflon core minivap is the only thing that fits that setting. Unless there’s others I’m missing here? I guess a volcano can essentially be used as both since the bags turn it into a home portable right?

ALP sure checks all these boxes !
What’s ALP?

Finessseee,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Essentially I’m really aiming for something that can be used as a desktop and a portable. I want something that can be a couch sipper, but also a bong ripper if that makes sense. It doesn’t have to be session + on demand per se.. but I figured the Teflon core minivap is the only thing that fits that setting.
I haven't used the MV, so I will let others answer that. I assume you already considered the Tinymight (I feel like you used to have one?). What were the shortcomings of the TM? That can probably help to zero in on the right thing?

For me, the TM is the only portable that performs like my desktops. Some of the torch vapes get close but not exactly the same. Still love them though.

Finessseee

I haven't used the MV, so I will let others answer that. I assume you already considered the Tinymight (I feel like you used to have one?). What were the shortcomings of the TM? That can probably help to zero in on the right thing?

For me, the TM is the only portable that performs like my desktops. Some of the torch vapes get close but not exactly the same. Still love them though.
Never used a TM, but I have used a Qaroma / Ceroma, Tafee Bowle, Arizer Solo II, V3 Pro, Mighty, E-Nano, etc. I’m coming off a 2 month tolerance break after all my vapes were sold.. Looking back I appreciated my E-Nano and Solo II the most which is why I’m looking for something that’s a hybrid between the two! Something that conserves my flower, can rip through glass while also sip dry. I figured the TM can’t be considered a sipper? Seems like everyone is taking massive rips with their TM lol

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Something that conserves my flower, can rip through glass while also sip dry. I figured the TM can’t be considered a sipper? Seems like everyone is taking massive rips with their TM lol
I dunno you just described the TM to me. I definitely sip on my TM by temp-stepping. But obviously it can rip on glass.

Sounds like you really liked your log sessions. Have you thought about a log with a portable charger? Lots of folks love to use their Underdogs, etc on a portable power supply. Also the Zenith can attach to a mod.

Anyway update to let me know what you decide!

Finessseee

I dunno you just described the TM to me. I definitely sip on my TM by temp-stepping. But obviously it can rip on glass.

Sounds like you really liked your log sessions. Have you thought about a log with a portable charger? Lots of folks love to use their Underdogs, etc on a portable power supply. Also the Zenith can attach to a mod.

Anyway update to let me know what you decide!
Now the Zenith intrigues me.. is that a Cloud Connoisseur vape? Wondering if it’s a massive waitlist like the others. I’ll have to look into this

With a MSRP of $450, it needs to do more than just produce vapor !!
I think the MiniVAP is more in the $350 range~ after shipping and accessories (prices drop when checking out the cart), but yeah it’s definitely a hefty price tag. I get buyers remorse pretty easily too lol. I really just want one do it all in one type vape, but maybe I’m dreaming for something that doesn’t even exist?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Now the Zenith intrigues me.. is that a Cloud Connoisseur vape? Wondering if it’s a massive waitlist like the others. I’ll have to look into this
You should ask iDB, but I think he is just finishing the beta units. So I think the next step is regular drops. Also check out the Zenith thread if you haven't yet.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

There's not a massive wait list, he is going to move over to drops on the website, but you can message to pre-order now and get in the queue etc if you want to try to get one sooner... Not an immediate option

But yeah I think you should just get tinymight, on demand is more versatile than session, I milk my bowls all the time by temp stepping starting very low dry with hook or cooling stem, or you can do quick one-hitter bowls through a water piece, everything in between... TM2 is a very polished experience although I wish it came with a WPA too for new users.

Aside from that you've got Tetra P80 and other similar style, but as far as easiest to acquire, just order a TM2 and give it a try :tup:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Another vote for TM(2), and I have both it and MV. You can use it for sessions, just leave it in on demand mode, if you temp step. It also rips as you've seen. MV takes way more effort to enjoy for me, the sessions only start to become nice at higher temps (while I like the low range) and it has some trouble retaining heat making big hits harder. (I must admit I didn't spend much time trying to use MV as a ripper.)

Finessseee

Sorry guys, OT, but I MUST know what you think of the Qaroma @Finessseee? It's on my w/l as a probable.
It’s an incredible device. Legit one of the best out there, but I found myself either overpacking it or just getting way too high off it on a daily basis. It will legit rock your world and the flavor is unmatched imo. Definitely would knock me out lol I’m looking for something that keeps my tolerance on the lower side nowadays. You’ll love it though!

There's not a massive wait list, he is going to move over to drops on the website, but you can message to pre-order now and get in the queue etc if you want to try to get one sooner... Not an immediate option

But yeah I think you should just get tinymight, on demand is more versatile than session, I milk my bowls all the time by temp stepping starting very low dry with hook or cooling stem, or you can do quick one-hitter bowls through a water piece, everything in between... TM2 is a very polished experience although I wish it came with a WPA too for new users.

Aside from that you've got Tetra P80 and other similar style, but as far as easiest to acquire, just order a TM2 and give it a try :tup:
Thanks SS! Idk why I’ve put off the TM for so long now.. maybe it’s because I’d have to buy extra batteries and an external charger? Maybe it’s because I’ve read some ppls broke after 1 drop and then they had to ship it overseas? Seems like everyone prefers them over any other attainable portable! I do wonder how it compares to a log in the conservation / Microdosing field though.

Jams67

another vote for TM2. I packed a decent size bowl topped with some crumbled finger hash and I was taking massive rips for what seemed ages, I was ripped after it I know that much, and the flavor was great through the session too. If I could only have one vape it would be the TM2 and that's a lot to do with being able to use as a desktop and be portable.

Finessseee

Another vote for TM(2), and I have both it and MV. You can use it for sessions, just leave it in on demand mode, if you temp step. It also rips as you've seen. MV takes way more effort to enjoy for me, the sessions only start to become nice at higher temps (while I like the low range) and it has some trouble retaining heat making big hits harder. (I must admit I didn't spend much time trying to use MV as a ripper.)
Good to know. Thanks for your honest opinion. I do wonder how the TM2 compares to Log vapes from a Microdosing / conservation standpoint though?

another vote for TM2. I packed a decent size bowl topped with some crumbled finger hash and I was taking massive rips for what seemed ages, I was ripped after it I know that much, and the flavor was great through the session too. If I could only have one vape it would be the TM2 and that's a lot to do with being able to use as a desktop and be portable.
Good to know! Do you use external batteries and a charger for it? I’d have to buy one of those. Could it be used as a microdoser?

Jams67

Good to know! Do you use external batteries and a charger for it? I’d have to buy one of those. Could it be used as a microdoser?
Yeah, I have an ispire wand that uses 2 batteries as well although I've not used it yet as it arrived damaged and I'm still waiting for a replacement to be sent out. I bought the wand and TM2 about the same time so I have 5 batteries and a 4-battery charger and the batteries are just cycled as and when required, but there are always at least 2 fully charged close by. The removable batteries are great and it's a feature I love having a lot more than I thought I would.

I think the TM2 would be great for micro-dosing, it seems to handle small or big loads from my experience, and at all temps, it's easy to get clouds and great flavor.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Good to know. Thanks for your honest opinion. I do wonder how the TM2 compares to Log vapes from a Microdosing / conservation standpoint though?
I've not used log vapes so can't compare, but myTM was easy to pack and use with .05 and with the new screen stem of the TM2 I'm sure it will be possible to go even lower. Extraction is not something you have to worry about as TM is very capable, although like I said I can't compare to logs.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have several logs and I will echo what @Abele Rizieri Ferrari said. You can load a very small amount of flower in the Tinymight and still produce good clouds and effects. And like a good log, it has a great flavor.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks SS! Idk why I’ve put off the TM for so long now.. maybe it’s because I’d have to buy extra batteries and an external charger? Maybe it’s because I’ve read some ppls broke after 1 drop and then they had to ship it overseas? Seems like everyone prefers them over any other attainable portable! I do wonder how it compares to a log in the conservation / Microdosing field though.

It is basically equal to a log, but better, it can do the same thing with a tiny amount, or just take one hit at a time with a larger amount on the low end of the temp settings, you could turn the temp up and do a one-hitter of a tiny pinch if you want... Also you can totally charge it in the device if you want to, the TM2 has USB-C, but yeah it's super easy to swap batteries and Molicell are cheap, so charging externally is also easier so you always have them ready to go outside of the TM... And finally there is nothing to be worried about quality-wise, especially the TM2 is a really fantastic evolution, more of a fully polished finalized product, great fit and finish... Also I dropped my OG TM without any problem at all, of course anything can break from one bad drop, that's not really a reason to not buy a product since it applies to all of them essentially? TM also provides shipping labels if you have to send it back for some reason plus there is vgoodiez in US

Top Bottom