• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What style of vaporizing do you find most effective?

What vaping style do you find more effective?

• Total voters

Ganjora

New to vaping - currently only own dynavaps
When i get home from work, the 1st 3 bowls are all about instant extraction.
After that i'll have a coffee, wonder at the beauty of the dynavap, while slowly doing another 2 or 3 bowls, and wondering at the beauty of the dynavap.
The way the light dances across the metal as you spin it...

Last edited:

daoist

My Mighty vaporizer is probably the most effective, according to the abv anyway. The mighty is a fast extractor, a bit to fast for me sometimes with flower. But i bought it for hashish, not for flower. Normally i just toke and poke with my herborizer while gaming or doing other computer stuff like reading the forum.

Slow or fast draw? That Depends on the vaporizer. I prefer slow to medium hits. But when there is resistance from a bong percolator or something you may have to inhale harder.

The best way to vape comes down to personal preference. But slow works. If there is not enough vape you probably did it too slow and you should try medium hits or boost the temperature up to higher.

T.Airz

Been thinking about this one for a while, wanted to take a poll to see what style of vaping FC members find is the most effective for them: slow drawn out sessions, or fast and heavy extraction? Or do you rely on both methods to help keep things fresh?

I'm also really curious about microdosers perspective on this, those of you who brilliantly ration your tender greens - do you prefer to draw out your microdose and bask in all its glory, or would you rather get it over quickly with one good lungbuster?

Lets find out!!

:leaf:
If I only had a little bit of bud and wanted to get the most out of it I would rather take one or two huge rips than several smaller ones.
For me it all comes down to what type of time, if others are with me, basically what type of sesh situation I’m working with. If I need to get medicated quickly, And I’m the only one vaping, that fat lung buster is the only way to go and I will reach for my Tinymight.
If the session involves multiple people, I will pull out the Crafty+ To pass around. If I just want to relax and be mindful I will reach for my dynavap. Using a dynavap for mindfulness is actually quite a nice experience that anyone who has a vapcap should try. Here is a great Vapcap Mindfulness Video .

I vape small loads (generally .05g or less), and I generally go for quick & heavy. I like to crush tiny bowls in one big hit. Especially through water. When I go dry, I'm shooting for 3-4 hits per bowl, but the last hit or two is gonna be scraps.

I do sometimes take extended breaks between hits to draw out the session in another way.

shredder

I'm vaping very little now days. I have a wide variety of edibles to choose from though. :cool:

When I do vape its usually a low temp dab, or an occasional hit or two off a pen using rosin. Almost no herb. Actually last time, it was two hits off a dynavap to try a new variety early in June.

My style? long slow draws without coughing.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm vaping very little now days. I have a wide variety of edibles to choose from though. :cool:

When I do vape its usually a low temp dab, or an occasional hit or two off a pen using rosin. Almost no herb. Actually last time, it was two hits off a dynavap to try a new variety early in June.

My style? long slow draws without coughing.

I love concentrates...but I can't see myself ever leaving behind the full-flavor experience that I get from vaporizing flower.

shredder

I love concentrates...but I can't see myself ever leaving behind the full-flavor experience that I get from vaporizing flower.

I actually gave up smoking weed in the late 70's due to asthma. Then for many years I was drug tested and did not use at all.

In 09 I got a medical card and restarted smoking weed. Within a year I needed to use asthma inhalers. In 14 I went to vaping 100%, it was better but i still needed inhalers.

And last year I started wheezing at night and caught my second bout of pneumonia in two years.

Now I use one inhaler, (I have 2, but really haven't needed the emergency inhaler) and do not wheeze anymore and generally feel better. And like I said earlier I have lots of medibles. CBD's, high thc, low thc, blends with thc/cbd, edibles with terpenes, edibles made with not decarbed rosin, edibles made from rso. Choices lol.

Gozer

710 snob
Been vaping nothing but distillate for four years. Sometimes I break out my old Enail for a rare session with wax or rosin, but my daily driver is the PlugPlay battery and pod system available in SoCal.
Due to the proliferation of counterfeit brand name cartridges, I've gone to the legit outlets to obtain these PlugPlay pods which are superior to Stiiizy and can be refilled with cheaper distillates in syringes.
One battery last two days of heavy use, I keep two batteries in rotation.

Gone are the days where I take rips off a bong or pass a joint. These days, it's all about the highest grade of distillate out of my PlugPlay.
Discrete, effective, sustainable. In this way I can stay medicated all day, at work or play, as desired.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I took a hiatus from herb and was exclusively vaping fresh pressed rosin for about 2 years. Once I got an induction heater I started using my vapcaps again and rediscovered flower. I've done a complete reversal and now it's 90% flower and 10% rosin.

I like to vape a vapcap load, take a break and when I feel it wearing off I'll hit another one. I generally vape late afternoon into the evening and about 3-4 bowls. More on the weekend.

I just made my first edible in some cannacoconut oil. Trying to find my dosage slowly, but would like something to give me a good base in the evening. Something I can still supplement with a bowl every now and then.

edit: I took a small amount of oil about a half hour ago, thinking it was probably too low a dose. Well, I forgot I took that dose and just vaped a bowl of weed before waiting the usual one hour. Now I think both are kicking in. :goat: Such a forgetful stoner. :doh:

Well, I guess this is what I wanted. Life in the fast lane.

Last edited:

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
How long does it usually take you guys to finish a session?
How are you qualifying a session? Having a amount and riding it from start to finish before your next one or every time you consume? My Weedeater sessions are typically quick under 2 minutes and going 4-6 hours between bowls. But if I'm micro dosing with the Dynavap taking a hit every 40 minutes to a couple of hours, I consider that one long session as I never fully come down and it's just 1 bowl broken up.

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I like to crush small bowls in one hit. I try to keep them under .05g. The NewVape FlowerPot has been my go to lately. This style of vaping is closest to how I used to combust. For 15 years I packed small one hit personals in a 18” strait tube. I was microdosing back then and didn’t even know it was a thing. I also could never stand the taste a ripping a bowl once it was half burned.

Sometimes if my lungs feel tired from the method above I switch over to a conduction vape, usually my OG DaVinci IQ, and slow things down a bit. I pack .05g with a glass spacer, turned up to 420, and through some sort of glass to cool.

cvs8floz

Until this April, my daily driver was the eNano through a jhook and cooling spiral, I used it as a one-hitter with flower only cashing every load with 1 long pull, I still think that's the best hit in all of vaping. Just about when Corona started in March, I felt that this method had started to leave a bad tickle in the back of my throat and I was coughing too much the next day although I only vape once a day at night. Since my job is essential and I have to work with customers, coughing is not acceptable in public right now. I ended up switching to the Flowerpot with a glass bowl, I now load 2 scoops and take 4-5 smaller 3-5 second draws per bowl. With the vap cap on, drawing is almost effortless, the glass milks up in about a second and the vapor doesn't hit the back of your throat like with long pulls. In addition, I have mostly switched to 1:1 THC:CBD strains which are much easier on your respiratory system because the CBD takes the "nasty" edge off the THC and you don't get the same urge to wheeze or cough. I am in my late 50's and want to continue vaping for many years, trying to take care of my body.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Until this April, my daily driver was the eNano through a jhook and cooling spiral, I used it as a one-hitter with flower only cashing every load with 1 long pull, I still think that's the best hit in all of vaping. Just about when Corona started in March, I felt that this method had started to leave a bad tickle in the back of my throat and I was coughing too much the next day although I only vape once a day at night. Since my job is essential and I have to work with customers, coughing is not acceptable in public right now. I ended up switching to the Flowerpot with a glass bowl, I now load 2 scoops and take 4-5 smaller 3-5 second draws per bowl. With the vap cap on, drawing is almost effortless, the glass milks up in about a second and the vapor doesn't hit the back of your throat like with long pulls. In addition, I have mostly switched to 1:1 THC:CBD strains which are much easier on your respiratory system because the CBD takes the "nasty" edge off the THC and you don't get the same urge to wheeze or cough. I am in my late 50's and want to continue vaping for many years, trying to take care of my body.

I'm of a similar opinion. You can see in my signature, I have plenty of vapes. But my Woodscents logs (similar experience to your Enano) were my daily drivers since I got my first one.

I acquired my first Flowerpot a few months ago, and I've rarely used anything else at home since the flowerpot. It hands down beats anything else that I own when I am at home. I still love my Woodscents logs and other vapes...but damn, this Flowerpot is at the top of the food-chain right now.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

I think the combo of my e-nano with a water piece gave me the least amount of irritation on the throat. Lately my main method is using a vapcap as a dry stem. I love the joint like experience and flavor, but the lack of water does get to your throat after a few hits. Dropping a vapcap on a water piece just doesn't have the same appeal to me.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Cool study but it only shows that at higher temps you get more of the 2 main ingredients on a single hit,it doesnt measures the efficency of temp stepped experience,also high temps destroy flavonoids and terepenes which are great potentiators of the effects ..Also while there is no doubt those hits gets you higher than the others,but also are consider most wasteful .What are the absorbtion capabilities of a lung,maybe there is high varation between individuals,maybe effectiveness of one style vs the other will be different for different people :).

rollerskater

I love taking the biggest hit I can out of the biggest bong I can! Feels great to exhale thick vapor and it definitely gets me higher faster. Killing a bowl in one or two hits feels good psychologically too, like a demonstration of mastery over the weed.

Top Bottom