What should I do with my ABV?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
So I've got about 120g of ABV saved up over the months, and I've never really done much with my ABV before (one failed qwiso run, and 1 golden dragon batch)

So, what should I do?
Concentrates?
Edibles?

I don't know, So any suggestions are welcome.

Frederick McGuire,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Well ive been asking myself the same question. Ive been building up quite a bit of ABV also. Never having any results from edibles made by professionals, i will go for a qwiso batch for my first attempt at reuse of ABV, as ive been enjoying concentrates more and more lately.

How did your qwiso batch fail and whos the golden dragon? Sounds interesting.

YoGranMazPimp,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I left it to soak for too long, and didn't have any coffee filters (I thought wire mesh would do the job, it didn't.)
I basically ended up with a big black pile of mush that didn't really appeal to me.
There was just too much junk plant matter in there to make it vapeable.

The golden dragon batch wasn't too bad, but it was more like green/golden dragon, as it was about a 50/50 mix of fresh and ABV.

Frederick McGuire,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
How long did u soak? Did u do a water bath first or only iso soak? Been debating on which method to try

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: barca14

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
No water bath, about 5 min soak, with a little bit of shaking here and there.
I figured, most of the goodies have been used, screw trying to minimize the bad bits, let's maximize the good bits.
And the bad bits overwhelmed the good bits :(

Frederick McGuire,
This recipe for a ABV milkshake is just great.

It's been my easy, go-to recipe ever since I found it.

Even just a few days' accumulated duff can be a very potent dose.

charliedontsurf,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
120g :o

I usually throw it in some peanut butter as soon as I have 6 grams or so, my personal fav doses.

What color is your ABV? I think I'd do a BHO run myself.

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
My ABV is pretty dark, Heres a few pics that should help show it:
With Flash:

No Flash:

All of my abv next to my matrix:

Each of those big containers hold about 50g.

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
lol, and I felt so proud finally filling one of these for the first time the other day, after over a year of vaping :lol:

knobsgroup_4_of_6_.jpg

It looks pretty dark in the pictures, but it's hard to tell color just from photo's so there may be enough in there yet. You could try a small BHO run just to see what it yields, but I'd wait for some of the experts to chime in on that one as I still have no experience with BHO whatsoever myself.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

edibles from abv are too stoney/sleepy IMO, brown/golden dragon is much better, the alcohol counteracts the sleepiness

djonkoman,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Throw it all in a crockpot (I use 1oz per stick and a half) fill with water, set it on low (with the lid on) and no need to stir. Just let it sit (on low) for 24 hours. Take it outside to dump the water/buttermush into a big bowl through a cheesecloth (cause it stinks to high heaven and WILL anger your family if you do it indoors) :D Set this bowl in the fridge overnight and viola! You have abv cannabutter you can use to bake in your favorite box edible. And its stupid potent body high :D

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm in the process of moving, so I'm packing every-fucking-thing in my house up in boxes. When I came across my abv stash, I decided to just toss it as I've not had much use or luck with it in the past.

I'm too embarrased to admit to the quantity, but I've come to the conclusion that for my lazy ass, it's just not worth it to keep anymore.

:disgust:

CHEI

Medical Cannabis Inspector
Bho would probably trap tane. Infuse coco oil or butter for edibles. You can make
Topical rubs and other cool stuff from cannabis leftovers

CHEI,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
So I've got about 120g of ABV saved up over the months, and I've never really done much with my ABV before (one failed qwiso run, and 1 golden dragon batch)

So, what should I do?
Concentrates?
Edibles?

I don't know, So any suggestions are welcome.

You should review the ABV brownies thread; the tried and true pot brownie recipe has been refined and it's a very simple almost foolproof procedure. I'll save you the searching and just tell you what to do here: Take half of a cup of ABV (don't worry about grams, just "half a cup") and put it in an electric coffee bean grinder if you have one. You want to grind the ABV until it's like powder. If you don't have one, use a mortar and pestle - anything that will make the ABV powder fine. After you've done that, pour half a cup of canola oil (make sure it's not low fat) into a jar and put the powdered ABV in there too. (Probably better to put the ABV in the jar before the oil) Add maybe a teaspoon of vinegar and a dash of salt. Then seal up the jar and shake it, and then put the jar away in a dark corner and leave it alone for four days, except once a day shake the jar.

Then you're done. There's nothing left to do. After the four days simply add this black gooey vile liquid into your brownie mix in place of the half a cup of oil that's stated that you need in the brownie recipe. Make sure you stir the brownie mix good so the ABV oil gets evenly distributed. Follow the rest of the brownie directions, but if the recipe calls for heating at 350 don't go higher than 325 even if you have to bake them a little longer.

If you don't have experience with edibles don't eat more than one the first time and gauge your needs accordingly for the next go round. Expect a 90 minute wait duration before you start feeling the effects. Do NOT drive, expect to be in for the evening, in fact expect to be on the floor.

Don't thank me, thank Betty Crocker.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'm also curious what everyone thinks about adding fresh herb to the mix too.
I was thinking I would have something like a 10:1 ratio of ABV to fresh, just to spice up the THC content vs the heavier stuff in the ABV.

My only experience with edibles was some green dragon I made once.
I had about 3G of fresh bud, which I extracted into some Bacardi 151 in a double boiler, and then I split it into 3 doses, each were roughly a big shot - not really enough for the alcohol to do anything major.

It mad me :whoa: for 10-14 hours...
So yeah, definitely no driving on edibles :lol:

I'm thinking of going the croc-pot method for now, as I'd like to have something for Friday.
I also like the sound of the oil for the brownie jeffp suggested.
Maybe next week.
How long can you store edibles?

Frederick McGuire,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
A few months in the freezer with the brownies.
Just wrap them up in aluminum foil. Make sure no children have access to your refrigerator...
I just think you guys are over thinking this with "ratio" or even "grams." Just a half cup of ABV, yeah you can throw in some "virgin" bud if you want, obviously that will be a boost.
Try the brownie recipe or try firecrackers, as Lwien suggested. You certainly have enough ABV to experiment with different methods...

jeffp,

djonkoman

That counteracts my extensive experience with alcohol!
But I'll take your word for it...
you're rght that my statenment was a bit simple. alcohol can indeed induce sleepiness too, if I have one beer in the evening, not enough to feel anything from it. I'll be asleep 2 hours later(with the tv still on, and in my chair), no matter if I was tired or not.

but when it's enough to get drunk(doesn't have to be very drunk), I'm not sleepy at all, untill it wears off, then the sleepiness sets in.
and weed makes me more sensitive to alcohol, the other way around aplies too, altough less I think.
so in the case of brown/golden dragon, I have enough alcohol to get drunk, also snce I'm a bit more sensitive to it, and for the duration of the alcohol I will have no sleepiness at all. and at the same time the abv kicks in, wich would nprmally give a very sleepy narcotic high, but now the sleepiness os gone and I will get very high.
I've only tried the brown/golden dragon in an active surroundng tough, a party, but for that it was perfect, some friends thought I had taken x:p

the one time I had abv brownies I was so lethargic it wasn't even fun, only thing that kept me awake and occuped was that it was a turning chair in wich I sat so I could turn back and forth
the others also didn't like bthe effect much, one person(firsttimer) did have a laughing fit at first but later progressed into more ethargic too

djonkoman,

weedemon

enthusiast
sounds like you are going the way of edibles. that will totally work :)

I prefer to make it into concentrates myself. a bho run then dissolved in ethanol and re-purged. this makes killer oil. :) [considering your starting material]

weedemon,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I might end up doing both.
I'm thinking I doing a batch of brownies first, and then some kind of concentrate depending on how much is left.

Ideally I would put the oil in an omicron cart, would I be correct in assuming ABV oil would have a heavier/sleepier effect?
I'd love I have a nap time cart :lol:.
Roughly how much ABV would I need to get a gram of oil?

Also, I wasnt trying to be exact with the ratio or anything, but I remember reading somewhere that since most of the THC has been vaped away, there will be a higher ratio of CB(D? N?) to THC in anything made with ABV.
I also remember reading that CB(D/N) is synergistic with the THC, so I figured with an already elevated CB(D/N):THC ratio, a little bit of fresh bud should give me better effects than it ordinarily would.

Frederick McGuire,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
+1 for jeffp's brownie method. i've vouched for his method before and i'll vouch for it again. with this method i was able to make some really potent brownies. i gave some to 4 freshman who ate one each on an empty stomach and within 1 hour 3 out of the 4 had passed out :rofl:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I also remember reading that CB(D/N) is synergistic with the THC, so I figured with an already elevated CB(D/N):THC ratio, a little bit of fresh bud should give me better effects than it ordinarily would.
I've read that CBD actually moderates (lessens) the psychoactive effect of THC. Can't remember how exactly... activates your cannabinoid receptors instead of the THC or something :huh:

WatTyler,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I wish i could get the results some of you report with edibles. I have had completely zero results with edibles. From homemade bud brownies back in the day, to professionally made edibles, none of them have done anything for me. I recently tried a cheeba chew deca dose cause i heard they are the best. Others stating they were passed out high from half the chew had me wanting to try. I popped it in one bite and after waiting, nothing. Ive tried an assortment of candies, snacks, teas and some like full meals with mmj and nothing. I consider them a novelty, almost for fun. They do not have any medicinal value to me.

The butane extraction sounds interesting, i havent heard of doing that with abv just fresh flowers. I am getting close to the 1 oz of abv i was shooting for to begin extraction and researching the best method to use.

YoGranMazPimp,
Top Bottom