• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What made you switch?

Why did you decide to switch to vaporizing?

• Health

Votes: 136 69.7%
  • Efficiency

Votes: 33 16.9%
  • Stealth

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Etc

Votes: 16 8.2%

• Total voters
Hi FC,

I personally began vaping when I got tired of smelling bad/feeling bad/and the inefficiencies of combustion. When I got my first vaporizer, it was a whole new world that I wish I knew earlier. Despite the investment of $100, the amount of money I've saved on herb and on my health is priceless. It was such a big deal to me that I happily am known as the "vape guy" in my circle and always when asked discuss the benefits of vaporizing vs combustion.

So, my question for you guys is, what made you switch? What do you wish you've known before hand?

Personally, I wish there was more informative youtube content about vaporizing that is based on science instead of personal antidotes. Then I decided to make one, if you're interested the video is here:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Great topic.

For me, it was definitely the type of effects and control over them. I'm a medical user, so I needed a certain level of medication in order to stop vertigo and the nausea that accompanied it. At that time, I was combusting. The level of medication I needed to address my symptoms also impaired me. Wasn't very functional and didn't want to be. But I needed to be functional, so researched dosage control and other things that could tailor the effects of cannabis. The dominant set of information I found dealt with vaporizing lending itself to greater control. The rest is history (which is available in a 5 billion thread forum called FC, as I made a lot of my journey here! :rockon: )

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I wish I had known sooner the benefits of vaporizing. I wanted to vaporize but in a healthy way.

I think the problem is some folks don't stop the combustion entirely and they get disappointed with the effects. I stopped combustion five years ago this December. It was one of the best things I ever did.

Remember you need to fuck the combustion first.

An added bonus is usually the weed bill goes down. Some folks say they use more at first when they switch over to vaporizing. I probably use half the amount than I used before.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It's all about health for me. I got my first conduction vaporizer in the early 90s and immediately knew it would be replacing my combustion. We used to call the reclaim from inside the globe hash oil =) It wasn't but it tasted so good. I finally kicked for good both herb and tobacco smoke and now vaporize only.

Dank_Star

In space no one can hear you purr.
Unfortunately in my case my vaping journey began after damaging my right lung with way too many years of smoking. I'd started baking with flowers as an alternative (banana loaf anyone ?) when a relative introduced me to his volcano. I realised immediately that vaporising was the game changer I was looking for. So for me health first and foremost, with decreasing weed bills providing great motivation to not go back to setting fire to plants.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Although I had quit smoking tobacco years before, I had a definite smokers' cough that prompted concerned-uncool family & friends to urge me to get my lungs checked out. This was before I had left the Cannabis Closet. After a week or so of getting the hang of a "Hot Box" whip vaporizer, I was cough-free, and I was no longer wheezing like a broken down car.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I hated the way a combustion bong hit felt like it was coating the inside of my lungs with a tar resin, which it was. I just realized that what I was doing was horrible so I quit combustion and dedicated myself to vaping.

One day it hit me like a ton of bricks that 'smoking' herb was a poor excuse to get high.

:myday:
Do what work's!

For me?
I quit drugs for my illness.

CANNABIS was great because there were no side effect!

However ZIG-ZAG's I could not handle like when I was young.

VAPORIZING saved my life.

PLUS + FLAVOR + EFFECT + READ FASTER + IMPROVED UNDERSTANDING OF LIFE +

CIVILIZED + VAPORIZING + CANNABIS = INTELLIGENTSIA

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Grabbed my first vape to use on a cruise ship so I would not smell like i just crawled out of a bong when going to dinner or the shows.
Liked it so much, I used that vape exclusively for a year. Babying it and cleaning it after each load to the point of fucking combustion for good.
Then I found FC. :worms:

:doh:

DrRishi

It was a health thing for me. Waking up every morning coughing stated to get really boring!
Also not wanting to walk up more than one flight of stairs was a sign.

I have spent a fortune or various vapes but my weekly bill for consumption has gone down drastically. I used to be a hash only guy. Now i vape mainly herb with the occasional dab.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I smoked joints mixed with tobacco (as is normal in my country) for 15+ years and having quitted cigarettes 10 years before I was growing really sick of it as a method of consumption. Most of my friends are cigarette smokers and I could only smoke joints rolled by me or by someone I knew wouldn't put a ton of tobacco in it and after a night particularly heavy on my lungs I said fuck it and bought my first vape. Then I realized how much of the good part of the high I had missed for years and doing the full switch has been really easy.

boon

Like others european stoners i smoked weed with tobacco. I switch to quit tobacco and nicotin thanks to FC community and my fellow vapman. Then i discover this amazing taste, effect and efficiency. My mini HomeGrownLogs suit my needs at home but VAS still in the corner :doh:

KC2K

I had a few reasons... my health has taken a turn for the worse over the last few years, before that I was uber fit but alas I'm far from that now. So quitting smoking was the real aim, improve my health and the extortionate price in the UK.

Got a vape in April but didn't FC until september and I'm loving it! I still vape nicotine but this will end soon :D

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Was forced into vaporization while working to legalize marijuana in Nevada in 2004, the company running MPPs campaign was anti-pot. Then it just made sense not combusting once you really taste what the plant is supposed to taste like. As a kayaker, it could (and probably has) save(d) my life on the water where every bit of oxygen and lung capacity is vital for peak performance in Class V whitewater or kayak surfing in the big pond.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Was forced into vaporization while working to legalize marijuana in Nevada in 2004, the company running MPPs campaign was anti-pot. Then it just made sense not combusting once you really taste what the plant is supposed to taste like. As a kayaker, it could (and probably has) save(d) my life on the water where every bit of oxygen and lung capacity is vital for peak performance in Class V whitewater or kayak surfing in the big pond.
Hmm explains your connection with water and shock proof cases :D
I love long distance kayaking and camping so I know what is up :D

Top Bottom