What Happened to Zephyr

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkmeaner

I hope this isn't because of patent infringement on the Storz & Bickel Volcano Patent, because that would be straight B.S. considering the boatload of other knockoffs & legit bag filled vaporizers on the market, the Volcano was a good idea, but it isn't like they invented the wheel or anything, their product was a based on existing technology too so they should cut competitors some slack.

stinkmeaner,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Good luck to you Bruce! i think you may have something with your idea...

herbgirl,

Mike7752

Hey Bruce,
I am one of the people who had the Zephyr for a month and sent it back for repairs..I seriously doubt that I ever will see a replacement.. with that said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavers..keep us all posted

Mike7752,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
I hope this isn't because of patent infringement on the Storz & Bickel Volcano Patent, because that would be straight B.S. considering the boatload of other knockoffs & legit bag filled vaporizers on the market, the Volcano was a good idea, but it isn't like they invented the wheel or anything, their product was a based on existing technology too so they should cut competitors some slack.

Why should they? It's business. Why should they allow a competitor to exist if they can legally make them go away? As a business, cutting a competitor some slack is antithetical to the process of business itself. That's why they are called competitors.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

Because I don't believe in company monopolies, especially if they are in different countries. Storz & Bickel are a German company and I believe their patent should only apply in Germany, not the world. Just my opinion, that's all.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
Because I don't believe in company monopolies, especially if they are in different countries. Storz & Bickel are a German company and I believe their patent should only apply in Germany, not the world. Just my opinion, that's all.

I don't think that there's such a thing as a world-wide patent.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

You know what I mean man :rolleyes:, I will re-phrase it for you: I don't believe a company should be able to file a patent in U.S. for a product made in Germany. Basically I think a patent should only be valid in the Country of manufacture, this I believe would lead to a more innovation and a higher quality of goods based on survival of the fittest.

Governments have ignored any type of adherence to inventors and their inventions for years when it comes to military equipment, so why shouldn't individuals to an extent. It appears you bigger companies get away with what they want though, I guess you can do what you want when you grease enough palms though, look at the Apple MagSafe, they didn't invent the magnetic power cord, but they managed to patent it.

stinkmeaner,

lwien

stinkmeaner said:
You know what I mean man :rolleyes:, ............

Pardon my denseness, but no, I didn't know what you meant and that's why I asked the question...........so, rolleyes back at ya.

lwien,

stinkmeaner

lwien said:
stinkmeaner said:
You know what I mean man :rolleyes:, ............

Pardon my denseness, but no, I didn't know what you meant and that's why I asked the question...........so, rolleyes back at ya.

Please excuse my harshness, I thought you were nitpicking so to speak. I take my rolleyes back :)

stinkmeaner,

Syd

Sorry to hear about everything Bruce, best of luck to you!

Syd,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
lwien said:
I don't think that there's such a thing as a world-wide patent.
As I'm going through some patent projects now, I can tell you that you can get international patents, but they are very difficult to enforce.

Stu,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Vapenstien's Monster said:
Thanks for the well wishes everybody...

AG, good thing you didn't say anything to me, you would have outed my screename hahah. I was wondering if anyone noticed that my recipes were eerily similar to my other recipes. At least now I can go full boar as Vapenstien's Monster,.. I like the name anyhow.

I doubt this is the proper place to come out with my new plan but consider this,......

A customer service call center that is industry specific.

I will create a new post to explore this idea further..... see you there.
Bruce

Bruce you and Mark from VripTech (my boss and bro) must be sharing the same frequencies....you should connect with him @ headvripper@vriptech.com about exploring your industry specific call center idea. He would be on-board for sure just don't take my whole job please!!! Also, if there is a patent infringement issue at play here at all Mark (an Applied Scientist, Independent Inventor and IP/Biz Dev guy by day job) may have a very quick and easy solution for you as he has dealt with S&B's legal once before. The "Valloon" glass vapor extraction chamber and valve to balloon assembly (seriously all glass even the valve body) was sold for a limited time for use with Steinel heat guns or Volcano base units. Mark felt bad for all his customers that spent $$$ on the Volcano only to be super bummed on the vapor dryness and lack of flavor cocentration, but loved the bag capture and pull-at-will convenience, so he created the Valloon which was soon followed by a cease and desist from S&B. He offered to pay royalties while a patent application covering the Valloon was being prosecuted and even to make Volcano branded all glass chambers and valves for S&B but was never given the courtesy of a response. So out of respect for IP law VripTech stopped selling the Valloon. Now over five years later this story is followed by good news that I can't make public here, but suffice to say it would be a good time for Zephyr to get in contact with Mark if there is an IP issue at play. But regardless if that has anything to do with Zephyr's challenges now the industry specific call center concept he is already on board with for sure Bruce!

ShadowVape,

Vapenstien's Monster

I am not certain what the customs issue is but I am pretty sure that all trouble with S&B was taken care of months ago and everyone walked away,... content,.. if not happy.

I believe S&B is very dogged in their approach to protect their brand name, I can't blame them in the least. That is just how business is done. I would not conduct business in the manner they do but there is a far cry between unethical and illegal. I personally don't care for some of their business practices but then again they aren't trying to cater to ME.

Sending an email to headvripper@vriptech.com and starting a new post on this topic.

Vapenstien's Monster,

Raf007

Retailer
I am really sorry to read all that story.

Bruce, you always did a good job here @ FC working for Zephyr as as I know and as a non-customer.

Best of luck to you and for your idea ! Hope you'll be up and riding soon.

Raf007,

HiC

So for those of us Ion owners who are experiencing fan problems, I assume the process for getting them repaired will be in limbo for some time. If we don't want to wait around for that, should we just open them up if it's a relatively simple fix? Are there a step-by-step instructions for how to fix it ourselves?

HiC,

stinkmeaner

For Patent reasons, maybe this is why Arizer decided to use a Fan instead of a Pump for the Extreme. Or why the Herbal Aire chose to use a separate pump versus a built-in unit. Could this be why these companies have not been sued by the Volcano team. The Oracle better have their bases covered.

stinkmeaner,

Beezleb

I would like to see an enterprising lawyer try to have applied to copy right law the same reasoning as they apply to immanent domain. In weird theory, show the public good would be better off than the a company using its patent to stifle competition. :D

Beezleb,

zoo

Is there a thread at this site in which I can get more information about Zephyr's problems with customs?

zoo,

stinkmeaner

zoo said:
Is there a thread at this site in which I can get more information about Zephyr's problems with customs?

Your looking at it bud. Since their customer service representative that posts regularly on this board is now out of a job and in the same boat as us, I would think the owners of Zephyr Ion should come on here to FC and issue a statement, especially if they plan to clear these troubles and make a return some day.

stinkmeaner,

Beezleb

I would not expect to hear anything than rumor until the legal issues are cleared up. Typical lawyer advice begins with shutting the hell up.

Beezleb,

Mike7752

I stopped by my local head shop and saw the ION on display. I didn't say anything but I know they know the situation with Zephyr and yet they still sell the product..
Incidentally, since I am the originator of this thread, I would like to say a few kind words for Bruce. Zephyr's problem with US Customs have nothing to do with Bruce as he was an employee. I think he was a great contact to all of us who vape. I must say he was always guilty of outstanding service. He was as easy to reach as your cell phone. So again good luck Bruce and thanks for all your help when possible. Personally I now have switched to a SS but will always remember the ION.

Mike7752,

bestvape

Ted
Retailer
Seems like everyone has been left out in the dark. I figured I would come here to see if I could find any more information about what is going on. Zephyr seems to have disappeared completely, I have spoken with other distributors and everyone is in the same position, not only are orders not being fulfilled, no one is there to provide incite as to what exactly is going on.

Hopefully we can get some sort of confirmation as to whether these products are out of production for good or if this just a speed bump that Zephyr will be able to sort out in court...

bestvape,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stinkmeaner said:
For Patent reasons, maybe this is why Arizer decided to use a Fan instead of a Pump for the Extreme. Or why the Herbal Aire chose to use a separate pump versus a built-in unit. Could this be why these companies have not been sued by the Volcano team. The Oracle better have their bases covered.

To avoid any conflicts with S&B, we had the Oracle approved by a patent firm before refining the production process (the original design included an air pump as well). So far so good, but only time will tell.

:peace:

The Oracle,

cts123

I just bought the ion a couple weeks ago was wondering if the acessories such as extra bags are going to be available to purchase for much longer?

cts123,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom