What erigs are you currently using?

gotbadvas

I use a DVT5 at home and a Coil king for out and about (just for the last month but I am loving it)
Sounds like a good setup. I am also looking at that coil king for out of the house. It's hard to compete with how compact that whole setup can be with the concentrate storage built in and all. Are you using the quartz rod coil? I am trying to wait for somewhere to get them in stock along with the ceramic coils so I can try both out. I wish I had it right now to go sit outside. All I would have to do it pick up the coil king and walk out. Would keep my already limited cart usage down to almost nothing.

gotbadvas,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Currently using the Carta 2, but would love to have an Ispire Daab or Switch because of the induction heating.
If you really want to try an IH based eRig there is also the Dablamp available to choose from. It is great for cold starts and has a very simple interface. I prefer the Dablamp bubbler and SiC cup over the DAAB as the quartz Dablamp cups can char easily and that is why I had to purchase spares and modded a Dablamp SiC cup to work with the DAAB.
I am still in touch with the guys at Dablamp and advised they needed to look at pricing to be more affordable as this market has a lot of competition. They have dropped the price to US$250 a while back but I informed them this is still too high and they are currently working on getting the unit down further in price to make it more appealing.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

stevepwn

@invertedisdead

I love my Dr Dabber Switch! Thing is a beast and absolutely kills low temp dabs, so tasty and potent!

The Core 2 is just a V5 Atty in an e-rig case...exactly the same bottom and side heaters as the original V5. I don't really see this as an upgrade from the V5.

The Focus V2 is another great one!! So easy to use and is just a nice device to use.

I also have the High5 Duo and it has its quirks but as a low temp rig, it really excels. It needs to run a full cycle to heat the bucket and then a hit start, low temp dab just blows me away!

I was looking at the Puffco Pro but you need to spend another 100 bucks for the 3D Atty... I would love to try one as it seems very adjustable.

Not a fan of my Daab at all.
really thinking about buying the dr dabber. is it good for high temp dabs too?

lazylathe

Almost there...
really thinking about buying the dr dabber. is it good for high temp dabs too?
It does go up very high in temp but I have never ventured that far down the rabbit hole!
Cyan has 5 temp options which are quite warm. Then comes orange and it is insane! Watched some videos but I not interested in such hot hits.

But, yes it does hot very well!

Ipe17

I posted this in the Puffco Proxy thread, but here is my "e-rig"

ii6K5oChf3Aw.png

AVS M22 atomizer on an eleaf Pico. The sapphire pearls keep the vapor comfortable without water. The dabbing substrate is SiC, and it tastes at least as good as a cold start dab on quartz. And it's powerful enough to emulate a torched dab if you want. I've tried a lot of e-rigs and while many of them are great, most can't do that.

You can put one of these things together for under $130. Less if you have an old Pico or other Arctic Fox mod laying around.
Which stem are you using there? I use similar set up but not as cool as yours :)

Ipe17,

stevepwn

It does go up very high in temp but I have never ventured that far down the rabbit hole!
Cyan has 5 temp options which are quite warm. Then comes orange and it is insane! Watched some videos but I not interested in such hot hits.

But, yes it does hot very well!
how is cleaning it? how often and is it hard

stevepwn,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

lazylathe

Almost there...
how is cleaning it? how often and is it hard
It all depends on who you are...
How do you handle cleaning your other vapes?
For me, the Switch is the easiest rio to maintain, hands down!

There is no atomizer to replace, ever!
The glass where your induction cup sits will need a wipe down with a moistened iso swab, takes a few seconds.
The cup needs to be qtipped after your hit and I remove the cup and give it a good cleaning, takes about 30 seconds.
The glass will need to be cleaned just like any regular glass.

My favourite part is that there is no place for reclaim to build up like the Puffco, Focus and High5 rigs.

The only time I will have some reclaim is if I over fill the cup or inhale too hard. Both user errors and easy to fix.

It also works from very low temps and you can temp step a few times to enjoy everything out of your extract.

The other bonus??
I charge it once a week!!!

Forgot to add one item to clean...
I always wipe down my carb cap as it collects a bit of the vapor.

Last edited:

stevepwn

The glass where your induction cup sits will need a wipe down with a moistened iso swab, takes a few seconds.
The cup needs to be qtipped after your hit and I remove the cup and give it a good cleaning, takes about 30 seconds.

My favourite part is that there is no place for reclaim to build up like the Puffco, Focus and High5 rigs.

The only time I will have some reclaim is if I over fill the cup or inhale too hard. Both user errors and easy to fix.

It also works from very low temps and you can temp step a few times to enjoy everything out of your extract.

The other bonus??
sweet thanks for the info. def helps my decision

stevepwn,

stevepwn

The other bonus??

Forgot to add one item to clean...
I always wipe down my carb cap as it collects a bit of the vapor.
have u had to replace the induction cup at all? i read a bad review about it saying

"Good products that get the work done until a week later when the induction cups and anything start to get burned up causing a burnt taste. Only was to fix if is to replace the induction cup. At this point I could have bought another switch with how many cups ive bought since getting it. Average time before it starts to get burnt is about a week or 2"

and what induction cup should i get with it the titanium one or sic or aln?

Last edited:

GetLeft

i read a bad review about it saying
Sounds like sour grapes. I don't have a Switch but I have an induction e-rig (Daab) that uses cups. Got two with the kit and have only used one. While an accidental drop can do in any glass, I'd have to go out of my way to break one of the cups no to mention both. And the only way to burn one up is to be negligent and/or not bother to do a wipe after using. Then again, can't say much about it 'cause I don't have a Switch!

GetLeft,
Reactions: Gnome34

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Sounds like sour grapes. I don't have a Switch but I have an induction e-rig (Daab) that uses cups.
The Switch has many options for cups, one that looks like the white porous ceramic is coated directly on the Ti and too many burn cleans can degrade the coating over time.

LesPlenty,

ratjr21

I posted this in the Puffco Proxy thread, but here is my "e-rig"

ii6K5oChf3Aw.png

AVS M22 atomizer on an eleaf Pico. The sapphire pearls keep the vapor comfortable without water. The dabbing substrate is SiC, and it tastes at least as good as a cold start dab on quartz. And it's powerful enough to emulate a torched dab if you want. I've tried a lot of e-rigs and while many of them are great, most can't do that.

You can put one of these things together for under $130. Less if you have an old Pico or other Arctic Fox mod laying around.
I'm curious how this can be done for under $130 when the cheapest I can find the M22 is $180?

ratjr21,

lazylathe

Almost there...
have u had to replace the induction cup at all? i read a bad review about it saying

"Good products that get the work done until a week later when the induction cups and anything start to get burned up causing a burnt taste. Only was to fix if is to replace the induction cup. At this point I could have bought another switch with how many cups ive bought since getting it. Average time before it starts to get burnt is about a week or 2"

and what induction cup should i get with it the titanium one or sic or aln?

I have never had an issue.
Of you overload and dont clean, then you will have issues for sure.

I would go with either Sic or ALN, both are great but I prefer the ALN one slightly more. You can also torch clean them to like new again!

lazylathe,

florduh

I'm curious how this can be done for under $130 when the cheapest I can find the M22 is $180?

Did you check their site? The high ohm version is $85

You couldn't do true TC. Only wattage curves on Arctic Fox. But they emulate TC pretty well.

ratjr21

Did you check their site? The high ohm version is $85

You couldn't do true TC. Only wattage curves on Arctic Fox. But they emulate TC pretty well.
I did not see that. Just ordered. TYVM!

ratjr21,
Reactions: florduh

℃ḥåņṀặȵ

Just noticed Vlab has a pretty nice deal on this Petra clone for their Halo e-rig, but this also fits both Carta's. Not a bad price either if you compare it to how much Beta is asking for essentially the exact same thing but for a Puffco Peak

GetLeft

It is modded with a 15mm polished sic dish from jcvap for a OG peak
How did you mod it? Does the sic dish fit into the Daab?

My experience with dishes is limited to the ones that come with the Daab. They seem to function perfectly well. When I use a concentrate that has noteworthy flavor, the flavor shines. I currently have Suckles which is designed for flavor and Tahoe OG which isn't. So the Suckels tastes great and the Tahoe is fine but not a flavor king. So will the sic dish improve flavor? Or just performance?

GetLeft,
Reactions: felvapes

felvapes

How did you mod it? Does the sic dish fit into the Daab?

My experience with dishes is limited to the ones that come with the Daab. They seem to function perfectly well. When I use a concentrate that has noteworthy flavor, the flavor shines. I currently have Suckles which is designed for flavor and Tahoe OG which isn't. So the Suckels tastes great and the Tahoe is fine but not a flavor king. So will the sic dish improve flavor? Or just performance?
I like the flavour on both sic and quartz
Some people like quartz more
They bring different notes out

A 15mm og peak dish fits the reclaim cup
I smashed open a couple of Daab/wand cups I had and used the SS sleeves to make one for the sic dish
Ss washers underneath slide in the reclaim cup and away you go

Great performance and super duper easy clean up and no chazz ever

The silicone oring is a winner though whatever cup used

637vape

My favorite battery powered rig so far has been a dtv5, specifically a cub, with the polished sic dish. Easy to get setup and keep clean.

felvapes

My jcvap pockety arrived
So far it's an absolute beast
Hits hard and tastes great
The same thermocouple temp sensor as puffco pro but for $145 sic/aln with a half off code
Super impressed with the unit and at such a good price
Very dabbed from testing lol
The flavours are great with extra notes

Top Bottom