• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What erigs are you currently using?

florduh

I went back to the torch but I'm curious what others are digging.

Before I knew I was gonna be travelling for work pretty constantly, I considered grabbing the Rio Stache. It's more of a B-Rig than an E-Rig though. I like the all in one concept.

Boost Evo and Peak Pro seem pretty cool.

What's the heater situation in the Evo? Is the whole cup heated like the Puffco 3d atty? It seems to have a "cleaner" vapor pathway than Puffco. Meaning no silicone.

I've see some good deals on the Peak Pro floating about. But I'm pretty sure you need to buy their 3d atty separately to really make use of the thing.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Before I knew I was gonna be travelling for work pretty constantly, I considered grabbing the Rio Stache. It's more of a B-Rig than an E-Rig though. I like the all in one concept.

What's the heater situation in the Evo? Is the whole cup heated like the Puffco 3d atty? It seems to have a "cleaner" vapor pathway than Puffco. Meaning no silicone.

I've see some good deals on the Peak Pro floating about. But I'm pretty sure you need to buy their 3d atty separately to really make use of the thing.

I think it just uses a ceramic plate heater in the Evo. It seems pretty cool, but I'm not sure the temp range is as nice as what the Peak Pro offers.

I've used a Peak Pro a few times but not enough to really form an opinion on it.

I didn't realize there were some good sales going on for them, would like to get one for my mom's birthday. I wouldn't really want to put more money into it right out of the box though. All of these e-rigs seem to have their own compromises.

Kinda curious about these too, apparently they fit the Puffco parts.

Also the Core 2.1 looks pretty cool too; but the RDA deck seems kinda weird...

Maybe sometimes it really is best to just go with the mainstream pick.

Dr. Dabber seems pretty unpopular in comparison.

One issue for me is I'm not sure any of these are actually better than a ceramic rosin pen.

The more I look at these things the more I'd rather build my own e-rig lol.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Do you find the Peak simpler to clean versus the Daab?
Yes, less parts in the Peak, even with my SiC in the Daab I manage to scorch things, I am always surprised how the Peak Pro stays so white and I only use home pressed rosin. I put it down to excellent temp control due to the separate thermocouple on the bottom of the atty that reads the bowl temp very precisely so it never scorches...I do hang in the lower temps though. :2c:

lazylathe

Almost there...
@invertedisdead

I love my Dr Dabber Switch! Thing is a beast and absolutely kills low temp dabs, so tasty and potent!

The Core 2 is just a V5 Atty in an e-rig case...exactly the same bottom and side heaters as the original V5. I don't really see this as an upgrade from the V5.

The Focus V2 is another great one!! So easy to use and is just a nice device to use.

I also have the High5 Duo and it has its quirks but as a low temp rig, it really excels. It needs to run a full cycle to heat the bucket and then a hit start, low temp dab just blows me away!

I was looking at the Puffco Pro but you need to spend another 100 bucks for the 3D Atty... I would love to try one as it seems very adjustable.

Not a fan of my Daab at all.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I put it down to excellent temp control due to the separate thermocouple on the bottom of the atty that reads the bowl temp very precisely so it never scorches

Thanks, that's what I was thinking myself. Yeah that's definitely a super appealing feature; others talk about temp control but I don't believe anything else actually has a live thermocouple reading in the feedback loop.

@invertedisdead

I love my Dr Dabber Switch! Thing is a beast and absolutely kills low temp dabs, so tasty and potent!

The Core 2 is just a V5 Atty in an e-rig case...exactly the same bottom and side heaters as the original V5. I don't really see this as an upgrade from the V5.

The Focus V2 is another great one!! So easy to use and is just a nice device to use.

I also have the High5 Duo and it has its quirks but as a low temp rig, it really excels. It needs to run a full cycle to heat the bucket and then a hit start, low temp dab just blows me away!

I was looking at the Puffco Pro but you need to spend another 100 bucks for the 3D Atty... I would love to try one as it seems very adjustable.

Not a fan of my Daab at all.

Yeah the Switch seems to have quite a lot of loyal fans, I'd really like to try that one but there's something about it that throws me off, maybe its the larger overall size? The Peak form factor is pretty great, and I really like the idea of the aftermarket induction charger where it automatically heats to your last set temp just from removing it from the charging dock. That's an extra hundred bucks for the charger to be able to do that, but for anyone who dabs a lot that's a pretty rad creature comfort in my opinion.

I haven't checked out the Carta V2, honestly the original one left an ultra sour taste in my mouth, but I should take a look at what the new one offers. The bucket on the original was so tiny it just felt more like a wax pen in an e-rig "tuxedo t-shirt" but it looks like the new one now has a larger chamber!

My buddy with the Peak Pro usually leaves it in his truck cupholder lol, he seems to prefer a rig and banger by far but he does larger dabs where those e rigs often fall short from the reduced surface area.

The Daab has some cool ideas that I really like, but it just seems like maybe the execution was a bit off. The bucket seems pretty small too, feel like some of these e-rigs are majorly lacking in surface area and need to run overly hot to try and compensate.

florduh

I didn't realize there were some good sales going on for them, would like to get one for my mom's birthday. I wouldn't really want to put more money into it right out of the box though

I'm mostly talking bout local sales. Every dispo in FL seems to sell Puffco stuff and they'll often have promos. Might just be $50 off but it's better than nothing. Puffco authorized websites have sales more than the official site too though.

One issue for me is I'm not sure any of these are actually better than a ceramic rosin pen.

I don't really think they are. The big benefit of an e-rig is that it's simple to setup and use. And it's all in one.

If you have any mods that take TCR laying around, maybe try the DTv5 and a hubble bubble? It's the same (or possibly better) tech than the Puffco 3d atty. It only takes a few minutes to get TC up and running. Then you don't really have to fuck with it. Maybe tightening up the screws a little every once in a while. But it beats having to buy a new atomizer cup.

The 3D attys seem to fail quickly compared to the OG.

Really?? That sucks given the price of a replacement. I don't think I've blown through a v5 cup and it's the same type of heater.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I gave my dab lamp to a friend and I don't think he's even used it once yet haha I didn't use it that much, not really an enjoyable experience for me, like most of these erigs it just feels more tedious to me and I'm still really not into cold start dabs much at all... I've gotten some successful ones using the RiO more so with the round bottom banger instead of the core banger, but I still prefer using different types of bangers hot start with a torch in my various recyclers... Messed around with Qomo quartz bucket more, connecting it to a rig, works pretty well, simple, so I have that for every once in awhile at least and it could be portable though feels like not a thing in the summer?... Meanwhile I still haven't tried my regular Sai stuff, but I think I'm just going to sell the Sai+ with bottomless banger that I have and all the spare buckets with heaters, it works well but I don't know how to set up some control and get a proper feel for it, hot start or cold start, I don't know just not for me maybe? If I'm dabbing it should be quick and simple and strong, otherwise why wouldn't I just be vaping some herbs...

Daab did look tedious as fuck to me, but honestly like I said, really they all do, to keep them clean, loading and cleaning, they're just so annoying to me, whereas a torch is cleaning my banger every time I heat it up, hot start loading is dead simple too, just need to contend with the guessing game is all since I don't have IR thing or whatever lol

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@florduh after your post I snooped around and there's a bunch of places that have them for $299 right now online.

Thing is the e-rig would be a gift for someone that probably won't do any sort of maintenance procedures other than q tipping the bowl and cleaning the glass. I like the idea of the thermocouple in the Peak to help prevent scorching as much as possible. She's not competent with the torch and does likes e-nails, but would never clean one and set it up right. A box would be too complicated I'm sure, I mean I could set it up, but I've done that for other family members in the past and they just don't care enough to learn when something needs attention. Rosin dabbables are about half the price as rosin cartridges; I'm just not sure if the dabbables are truly a better value or not, sometimes I swear the better oil is going into the pens.

Daab did look tedious as fuck to me, but honestly like I said, really they all do, to keep them clean, loading and cleaning, they're just so annoying to me, whereas a torch is cleaning my banger every time I heat it up, hot start loading is dead simple too, just need to contend with the guessing game is all since I don't have IR thing or whatever lol

I pretty much just do cold starts these days, I just find it easier to get a lazy low temp hit without using much butane.
But they're all kind of annoying to deep clean; I find conduction stuff in general gets a lot more gunk baked on that has to be dealt with. I've been wanting to get a dab thermometer though, but all my $$$ goes back into my projects so I never scooped one. There's some cool stuff out there from some of the more "artisan" guys on the other side of the industry.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It comes down to what you want or like. I have both setups and prefer the Core. The V5 with a mod is great if you want to fine tune the temps, versus a choice of 4 heat settings. I prefer the Core because I'm not that fussy about the temp. I leave it on the 3rd highest setting and it works fine for me. I also like the convenience of having the bubbler and heater all in one little package. Some of those mod setups look like a Jenga game to me. For me, I pull my Core out of a drawer, hit it, swab it out, and stash it away again. Very simple if you want to use a bubbler for water cooling.

florduh

@florduh after your post I snooped around and there's a bunch of places that have them for $299 right now online.

Thing is the e-rig would be a gift for someone that probably won't do any sort of maintenance procedures other than q tipping the bowl and cleaning the glass. I like the idea of the thermocouple in the Peak to help prevent scorching as much as possible. She's not competent with the torch and does likes e-nails, but would never clean one and set it up right. A box would be too complicated I'm sure, I mean I could set it up, but I've done that for other family members in the past and they just don't care enough to learn when something needs attention. Rosin dabbables are about half the price as rosin cartridges; I'm just not sure if the dabbables are truly a better value or not, sometimes I swear the better oil is going into the pens.

It's a shame the Proxy is pretty much the same cost as the Pro. The Proxy comes with the 3d atty but still. Because if she's looking for an easy, approachable cart replacement for dabbables, that seems kind of ideal. Even $250 sounds better than $299.

At the same time, I doubt anyone here would scoff at 299 for a nifty new portable herb vape.

I think it's possible to make carts stretch longer than dabbables. Because it's easier to titrate than eyeing "half a rice grain".

Shit Snacks

Yeah even having to q-tip after a dab is pretty fucking annoying to me lol

I feel like I can't clean cold start, I don't know I am very minimal for cleaning in general and take the easy quick path, it just feels like these things have too much maintenance for the casual user (for early use I'm less casual so I don't mind it although I've gotten into a good rhythm with mine so there is pretty minimal maintenance there too)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
It's a shame the Proxy is pretty much the same cost as the Pro. The Proxy comes with the 3d atty but still. Because if she's looking for an easy, approachable cart replacement for dabbables, that seems kind of ideal. Even $250 sounds better than $299.

At the same time, I doubt anyone here would scoff at 299 for a nifty new portable herb vape.

I think it's possible to make carts stretch longer than dabbables. Because it's easier to titrate than eyeing "half a rice grain".

I like the idea of the Proxy, but I think the self supporting form factor of the Peak would allow for easier loading and cleaning. If they add an accessory to fit right into glass joints though I still think that would be pretty compelling. I think that's my issue with the Proxy is I see more usefulness right out of the box on the Peak, but the Proxy could potentially provide some cool versatility through other later attachments.

The thing is, is a proxy in a bong really going to be any better than just hitting a peak? Maybe fun aesthetics with some nice heady glass, but otherwise, not sure there's a ton of real world differences as far as actual vapor quality.

I don't think the price is out of line for any of them, as long as the reliability is truly there.

I think another thing about cart efficiency is who knows how much actives is really in what we swab out, I sometimes think it could be more than we might think, cause a gram sure stretches me farther in a pen for whatever reason. I think its easy to dab more than we can absorb, thus it mostly gets blown out and added to the carbon footprint.

Yeah even having to q-tip after a dab is pretty fucking annoying to me lol

I feel like I can't clean cold start, I don't know I am very minimal for cleaning in general and take the easy quick path, it just feels like these things have too much maintenance for the casual user (for early use I'm less casual so I don't mind it although I've gotten into a good rhythm with mine so there is pretty minimal maintenance there too)

Q tips and cleaning is a big reason why dispensaries sell like 40 cartridges for every one jar of dabs, or something like that. There were some California cannabis statistics on the industry that came out last year with some metrics like that.

The thing about cold starts is you're riding the wave for both the heat up and the entire down-temp period (versus dabbing only for the down-temp period) so you have to be more conservative on your temperatures so you don't overheat before the downtemp curve. Also depends on how thick your banger is, the 710coils stuff for example is really thick and transfers heat slower / holds temp a bit longer. My friend uses thinner American quartz and its up to temp in only about 2 seconds.

Shit Snacks

.Q tips and cleaning is a big reason why dispensaries sell like 40 cartridges for every one jar of dabs, or something like that. There were some California cannabis statistics on the industry that came out last year with some metrics like that.

Haha yeah but for me a cartridge is really only useful, on the go out and about, although then I'm concerned for keeping it in my pocket, really best use is traveling along with edibles. I use the cartridge at home only maybe when it's new to try it out, or in specific rare situations, they are really not enjoyable compared to herbs or a proper dab honestly... I still need to get those awesome Blue River Rosin carts someday though! I'm just on raw garden because it's all they have that's good where I've been going...

The thing about cold starts is you're riding the wave for both the heat up and the entire down-temp period (versus dabbing only for the down-temp period) so you have to be more conservative on your temperatures so you don't overheat before the downtemp curve. Also depends on how thick your banger is, the 710coils stuff for example is really thick and transfers heat slower / holds temp a bit longer. My friend uses thinner American quartz and its up to temp in only about 2 seconds.

Yeah I feel like cold start dabbing is maybe just not so good with the tiny dabs I like to do?? Yeah it's just more of a game, meh, sometimes the high is unique in a special way, but I don't know if it's any better...

ontopofclouds

I tried a lot of the different erigs for a while (except the puffco) and found none of them to be that satisfying. They all feel cheaply made and the battery situation on them never feels good. The cleaning on them is also abysmal and a real pain in the ass, it was the biggest reason why I stopped using my Core. It felt like after 5 dabs the thing would be filthy and I would have to take it apart for cleaning.

Switched over to the Cannabis Hardware Tsunami recently and its by far the best way I've ever dabbed. It's enail style so its not portable like an erig but its built like a tank and cleaning is a breeze.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Puffco authorized websites have sales more than the official site too though.
Got mine at 30% off!
allow for easier loading
I use a hot knife for loading... the best thing since sliced bread.
If they add an accessory to fit right into glass joints
Many variants are available,
7_01c7061e-f8cd-4efd-9044-9e12c31e81b3_1024x1024.jpg

They all feel cheaply made
You obviously never handled a Puffco Peak Pro...it oozes quality. :2c:
I also did not enjoy the small bucket on the DAAB, that is why I made up my own SiC bowl. Speaking of small bowls, that is another thing (apart from price and availability) putting me off the Proxy.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Haha yeah but for me a cartridge is really only useful, on the go out and about, although then I'm concerned for keeping it in my pocket, really best use is traveling along with edibles. I use the cartridge at home only maybe when it's new to try it out, or in specific rare situations, they are really not enjoyable compared to herbs or a proper dab honestly... I still need to get those awesome Blue River Rosin carts someday though! I'm just on raw garden because it's all they have that's good where I've been going...

Yeah if your pen oil is a different type from what you're dabbing the experience is always going to be a bit altered. These new filtered hash rosins are super clean tasting and feeling. When I'm waiting all day long in the car for chemo days it's the only thing that hits like a plugin heavy for me. The fact it fits in my pocket is pretty crazy; I mean, I used to carry around a Volcano Classic in a hardshell motorcycle backpack as a "portable" :D

But the e rigs still seem compelling for day-to-day meds. I vape way too much to solely use expensive carts :lol:

Many variants are available,

I meant for the Proxy! As opposed to the dry sherlock that it comes with. :sherlock:

Those WPA's to hook a Peak to a rig seem pretty goofy to me :spliff:

GetLeft

I'm not super experienced with concentrates and typically dab only at night when I'm done for the day. Not into torches for anything (one of the main reasons I got away from combusting was to avoid the use of fire). I'd used a couple of concentrate pens before opting for a Daab (pens are obsolete for me now that carts are so good). I think price had something to do with my choice of the Daab. But I've got nothing but good things to say about it as a dab noob. I don't do the kind of massive dabs that Vgoodiez does in his videos. Looks like he drops 1/3 of a gram in there lol. I'd be dead if I consumed such a massive amount in one session. The Daab cups are small but the tools provided to load them work well for me. Just got to focus for a sec while loading. I imagine larger dabs lead to larger clean up, but with the small dabs I do, all I have to clean is the cup and it's a breeze to do. Don't even pull it out. Just wipe in place with a dab tool and a mini iso wipe when done. Cup still looks new. I'd have to say that the mini bubbler on the Daab is basically useless since so little water fits into it. I have to stay around 450 to stay comfortable. Using it dry is probably just as effective. And as far as portability, it has a bulky (but good) carrying case if you want to travel with it. But if you're just hanging out at home, the Daab easily goes every where you do.

Cereal4dinner

currently using mini nail and a water piece. That puffco inside the big banger looks sweet tho, thats the future for sure

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: Twizzy

lazylathe

Almost there...
Currently using the Carta 2, but would love to have an Ispire Daab or Switch because of the induction heating.
I would go for the Switch personally!
Have had the Daab since April 2022 and it just sits unused now...
For me the Switch is an amazing device, heats up quick, easy to maintain, choice of materials for cups and a superb range of temps.

Top Bottom