What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

dimmusp

Checked my mails to be sure. I ordered 5 times since 2015. The shipping was exorbitant fast, ordered in the morning and got it next day. Among have been a P80 and a Pico, both are still working and original ones.
But this is standard. Real customer support quality shows, if they have to deal with problems :D
Thanks for checking! I'll order from them then :)

BTW, do you think the P80 is good enough for the TETRAx? Or do you think a mod with 2 batteries would be necessary?

I'm not a heavy user at all and would only use it at home, probably on my own.

dimmusp,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for checking! I'll order from them then :)

BTW, do you think the P80 is good enough for the TETRAx? Or do you think a mod with 2 batteries would be necessary?

I'm not a heavy user at all and would only use it at home, probably on my own.

One battery is probably enough, you should be able to get three to four bowls, depending on usage. and it's very easy to swap with another battery, so I'd recommend having at least one spare that you can charge externally (nitecore D2 or I2) I prefer the lighter weight using a single battery mod, a dual-battery mod gets you more bowls per charge, but more tedious to swap.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
I'm using the RBT wpa adapter from Vapefiend, starting at 205° going up to 240° in 4 or 5 steps, stirring between.
With this setup and the TETRAx on the Sinuous P80, I maybe can get out up to three bowls, but only with brand new Molicels.

A 2.5 years old Q30 does only last for one and a half bowls max.

With the Reuleaux and 2 new 20700 cells, I get out 5-6 bowls. The disadvantage is, I can't hold bong and mod with one hand, the Reuleaux is to big :D

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Shit Snacks, I have buyer's regret for the P80. Wish I had gone with the Gen3 Dual instead. The mod is too narrow to comfortably palm, the fire bar feels cheap/flimsy & everytime I put new batteries in, it turns it self on. Found out the hard way when my baths were dead.

I love the Ravage &, yes, it's a heavier unit because it's more solid & takes 2 batts.

I got a chance to try the Smok Species & I gotta say, it's the most ergonomically comfortable mod, but sadly, it only has a 10-sec draw & isn't upgradeable to our firmware.

Summer,

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks, I have buyer's regret for the P80. Wish I had gone with the Gen3 Dual instead. The mod is too narrow to comfortably palm, the fire bar feels cheap/flimsy & everytime I put new batteries in, it turns it self on. Found out the hard way when my baths were dead.

I love the Ravage &, yes, it's a heavier unit because it's more solid & takes 2 batts.

I got a chance to try the Smok Species & I gotta say, it's the most ergonomically comfortable mod, but sadly, it only has a 10-sec draw & isn't upgradeable to our firmware.

Oh I have never seen any of these mods that don't turn on right when you put the battery in... I've also never let one sit turned on for more than a few days so I never have that problem I guess (the DNA mods don't have an off switch so they just time out) If I am storing p80 or g3d with less frequent use, I do so without batteries in... That is actually how I have mine now, with Splinter V2 and canary Z, since I am using them once a week give or take these days...

Anyway I agree that P80 is not perfect, the trigger can be convenient sometimes but also very annoying, and yeah the ergonomics are iffy at best... Meanwhile the G3D is also a little too small in the hand, and the two batteries make it annoyingly heavy for me personally... Obviously it's better than the RX250 in that regard, if that one weighed as much as a single battery it might be the best? Eh I also have the MonoSQ DNA75C, which is pretty good, and the cuboid mini is okay, not too different from the Evic vtwo mini I suppose... And my impcognito on AsterRT should be nice ergonomics but it can also be annoyingly heavy for me. Tetra P80 is nice...

Honestly none of these are ideal! :shrug:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Summer

dimmusp

With this setup and the TETRAx on the Sinuous P80, I maybe can get out up to three bowls, but only with brand new Molicels.

A 2.5 years old Q30 does only last for one and a half bowls max.

With the Reuleaux and 2 new 20700 cells, I get out 5-6 bowls. The disadvantage is, I can't hold bong and mod with one hand, the Reuleaux is to big :D

Anyway I agree that P80 is not perfect, the trigger can be convenient sometimes but also very annoying, and yeah the ergonomics are iffy at best...
[...]
Honestly none of these are ideal! :shrug:

Arrgghh!!! I just spent a bunch of money on a P80, Samsung 30Qs, and a Nitecore UM2 charger for my TETRAx :cry:

EDIT: Then again, three bowls is fine for me. I guess I can just buy a couple new batteries every year for ~€10.

Shit Snacks

Arrgghh!!! I just spent a bunch of money on a P80, Samsung 30Qs, and a Nitecore UM2 charger for my TETRAx :cry:

EDIT: Then again, three bowls is fine for me. I guess I can just buy a couple new batteries every year for ~€10.

Yeah that's what I was trying to tell you lol I still think it is a good choice, it will work just like a TetraP80, with a nitecore charger and spare batteries you shouldn't have any down time really. And using cruise the trigger is no issue!

KurtSmoooth

Picked up two Wismec/ Predator 228s for stupid cheap on Wismecs sale.

So far so good and running colder to temp than my ol reliable Evic VTC Mini. Nice to have a dual batt mod.

Tetrax is a joy for me - Being able to set the mod in my lap on cruise control and hit just the small wood piece is pleasant. So easy to use I sold my fury edge and just bought another Tetrax to replace it.

Tetrax is a bit of a batt hog compared to other vapes which is about my only complaint but for this good of vapor and this ez to use it works for me.Coils are quite large so kinda expected with my usage on cruise control. :rockon:

Bazinga

I just looked at the Arctic Fox web page. I understand that I need both the Toolbox and the Arctic firmware. In which order is this to be done? I noticed that the firmware is is "bin" file. Do I need special software to open it?

Bazinga,

1nd3cEnt

I need both the Toolbox and the Arctic firmware. In which order is this to be done?

Install the firmware-installation program NFEToolkit onto a Windows OS, download the *.bin file from Lamart's website, then just follow the NFEToolkit instructions to flash your mod with the bin file.

The bin file is Lamart's custom firmware for flashable mods. The fw is optimised by Lamart for the Tubo/Tetra heaters.

1nd3cEnt,

Bazinga

Install the firmware-installation program NFEToolkit onto a Windows OS, download the *.bin file from Lamart's website, then just follow the NFEToolkit instructions to flash your mod with the bin file.

The bin file is Lamart's custom firmware for flashable mods. The fw is optimised by Lamart for the Tubo/Tetra heaters.

Suppose I don't have a Tubo/Tetra heater?

Bazinga,

1nd3cEnt

Suppose I don't have a Tubo/Tetra heater?

Yes my mistake, you asked about Artic Fox not Lamart's fw. Just download the AF bin file from NFEToolkit's website & flash AF onto your mod. Note that Lamart's fw is also used with other heaters, eg, Splinter, etc, but you could check the relevent threads to see users' preferences for fw.

1nd3cEnt,

Bazinga

Yes my mistake, you asked about Artic Fox not Lamart's fw. Just download the AF bin file from NFEToolkit's website & flash AF onto your mod. Note that Lamart's fw is also used with other heaters, eg, Splinter, etc, but you could check the relevent threads to see users' preferences for fw.

Thank you !!

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Thank you !!

I would recommend going with tubo or surmyevic, which is what bossman uses, since you edit the settings on the mod. I think that might be easier to follow for you, though I did use arctic fox with my splinter following his settings without issue... Tubo is best one imo

1nd3cEnt

Artic Fox fw does have 1 feature that Lamart's fw does not have, 'profiles'. On the Sai, I use different coils, which have different resistances - AF has a 'smart' feature for profiles where the fw immediately recognizes the different coils & automatically runs the appropriate profile. So 1 profile for the full ceramic coil, another profile for the ceramic doughnut, another profile for say carts, & the fw automatically calls up the correct preconfigured profile. But this is just convenience.

1nd3cEnt,

Bazinga

Just downloaded Arctic Fox firmware on RX GEN3. Is it now suggested to remove this firmware and instead use Lamart's? My goal is to be able to use my Splinter's with both wattage and temp stepping at my discretion. No need for preheat or cruise control. If I am to continue with AF I need help with the settings as I am confused by the many options. Could I not set up 2 profiles - one with wattage control and the other with temperature control?

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

Just downloaded Arctic Fox firmware on RX GEN3. Is it now suggested to remove this firmware and instead use Lamart's? My goal is to be able to use my Splinter's with both wattage and temp stepping at my discretion. No need for preheat or cruise control. If I am to continue with AF I need help with the settings as I am confused by the many options. Could I not set up 2 profiles - one with wattage control and the other with temperature control?

Either one will work fine, you do not need more than one profile, profile is just for TCR temp control, you can switch to wattage by edit to enter power mode. I'm sorry I can't really walk you through it, for me it was simple at least.

Shit Snacks,

Bazinga

Either one will work fine, you do not need more than one profile, profile is just for TCR temp control, you can switch to wattage by edit to enter power mode. I'm sorry I can't really walk you through it, for me it was simple at least.

Snaks - no worries - you have helped me many times in the past. This is situation that I just can't wrap my mind around.

1nd3cEnt

Could I not set up 2 profiles - one with wattage control and the other with temperature control?

Yes you can do that in AF, but...

As @Shit Snacks says, if bossman recommends using Lamart's fw for the Splinter, then I would absolutely follow bossman's suggestion.

AF & Lamart's fw are very similar, if you know one, the other is fairly straight forward. Use whichever fw is recommended by the experienced users bc they can help you thru the process of configuration, use, etc.

1nd3cEnt,

Shit Snacks

Snaks - no worries - you have helped me many times in the past. This is situation that I just can't wrap my mind around.

Yes you can do that in AF, but...

As @Shit Snacks says, if bossman recommends using Lamart's fw for the Splinter, then I would absolutely follow bossman's suggestion.

AF & Lamart's fw are very similar, if you know one, the other is fairly straight forward. Use whichever fw is recommended by the experienced users bc they can help you thru the process of configuration, use, etc.

Bossman uses surmyevic anyway, but yeah I really they're all the same capable of the same, arctic fox is nice that you can set it up on the computer... If you wanna give me a pm Bazinga, I guess I can take a look at my profile settings on computer. You will need to tweak a bit for what works for you, but there are some basic things to set up I suppose that could get you up and running... We may need to get on the phone!

Edit: just realized you are setting up a ZV2 actually, mine is a regular V2 so the settings are going to be different, but here is what to tweak

Set power to 45w or 50 is fine too, make the mode "temp control" and choose TCR for coil material, set TCR value to 180 to start (this is the value you will have to keep tweaking until you start to experience accurate temperature for your hits, the trial and error part. Click set up and set P and I value as bossman has them for his and save. Above that, set your resistance to whatever your cold resistance reading is (probably around .41) and check the box with padlock to lock it. The initial setting for temperature doesn't matter, it will just start at that value is all, but you can push up and down buttons to set it to whatever you want for each use of course... That is basically it for figuring out temp control, but in the next tab next two profiles there is screen, that is where you can adjust the screen timeout and other things like what is displayed and I even added a RBT logo. Next tab for controls will have additional settings you can customize like the clique behavior (as you'll see they have an option to set the clicks for temp control mode and an option to set the clicks for power mode, so you don't need to set a profile for power you just switch the modes, using edit to cycle through the different modes at the top in the mod, I typically have edit set as 4 clicks, while 2 is my autofire and 3 shuts it off). Then you will want to go to the advanced tab, as this is where you can set the trigger cut off (10sec is too short and it can go up to 60, I think mine is 45 and I don't really ever take hits that long, but I never have to worry about it shutting off on me). You can also set the power limit here, to be 50 Watts, but there is not much else needed to do in this section. Download the settings so you can save them just in case, and upload to the device. should be all set, but you may have to go in and out back and forth as you figure out what TCR value works for you, try raising and lowering by 5 at a time and keep it at one temp like 380F so you can gauge what the temp should feel like to you

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@bossman is now using Red Panda (Arctic Fox for color screens since he's using the Sinuous Ravage 230W Mod). I'd like to hear from him on which software he prefers now having used all of them. So what say you bossman? & what's best for Bazinga using the RX Gen3.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@bossman is now using Red Panda (Arctic Fox for color screens since he's using the Wismec Ravage 230W Mod). I'd like to hear from him on which software he prefers now having used all of them. So what say you bossman? & what's best for Bazinga using the RX Gen3.

I don't believe he has used Tubo actually...

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom