• No

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Hold on what??? Cold water??? Ice???

Doesn't this force the actives to condense in the water, losing actives???

I find I get less of that reclaim shit if I use very hot water, meaning less condensation taking place, I think???
I don't know I'm new to this...

@1DMF the bubbler works really well with some high quality hash, it would normally be too harsh to take too much dry, but with the bubbler I can really get the most out of my hits...

So what's the deal with this reclaim shit people, it looks rank, iv been cleaning my bubbler with hot water after each use, is this wrong??? How would I collect that shit???

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Hold on what??? Cold water??? Ice???

Doesn't this force the actives to condense in the water, losing actives???

I find I get less of that reclaim shit if I use very hot water, meaning less condensation taking place, I think???
I don't know I'm new to this...

So what's the deal with this reclaim shit people, it looks rank, iv been cleaning my bubbler with hot water after each use, is this wrong??? How would I collect that shit???
.......................................................................................

Yes, the colder the water, the more condensation that happens. The hotter the water, the less condensation AND the more moisture transfer to the vapor for a smoother feel. Take a pull thru warm water with no herb and it has a pleasant feeling in the lungs.

I never use cold water or ice but some prefer it. IMO, combusted herb needs cold water as it starts out about 600 degrees F hotter than vapor. For me, the prime need of vapor is adding moisture as it is very very dry.

I do a half-ass job on reclaiming reclaim :) I don't soak the entire innards in alcohol and evaporate it as that's too much work for too little. I do, however, on my hydratubes and bubblers, salvage what reclaim I can reach with a Q-tip. Actually a Q-tip with some degummed hemp fiber wrapped around it. Swab off what reclaim I can reach and vape the hemp fiber.

FYI, my reclaim is much higher quality since I started using a thin hemp fiber filter in-line. It filters out those tiny bits of herb that get sucked upstream and a little oil too. The reclaim is then much more golden with little herb debris in it. And, I go about 5 times as long between needing a cleaning.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
More dry then wet. I do find using a water tool does affect the pressure of the draw.etc. Usually use the whip at 200c fully calibrated and get a few heavy lungfuls of the tingly vapor. :p But I revisit all the other methods and mix those up too. There is variety in whatever I vape, so having that versatility helps. Or if I did scorch my throat a little. Can trade off to water for a while.or hot and cold vapor for that matter.
When I do use water, I prefer to use as little water as necessary, just enough to effect the draw with what I'm using and a little cooling filtering action. Made a couple water tools to get a little closer to the physics/plumbing involved to get better performance. One that I have made actually collects pollen in two different ways. Wet and dry.:haw:

Mostly my space needle of glass and a whip is my DD. Then I find something strange glass piece in town. Buy it. Take it home and have to ask FC what did I just buy? :hmm: Found out I just bought a Buchner flask that was converted into a hookah.:rockon:This thing is designed to have a vacuum hose to extract from a funnel. So It should work for what I intend to vacume. :brow: Now I need to get familiar with scientific glass.:sherlock:

Nugg

@kellya86 I only collect the reclaim from my dab rigs. I don't find it worth while to collect the 'vape poo' from my vaping water tools.

When I'm vaping herb I usually have a cotton/hemp fiber filter before the water. I do this to keep the particles out of my water tool and it makes for good vaping when it gets all oily.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Never was a bong guy when I used combust. So havnt ever used a water tool with a vape. I have no urgent need for massive hits of this kind, but I like the idea of cooling down the vapour on some devices. Namely the Mighty. I've always fancied a UFO for my MFLB.

Last edited:
sativasam,

AJS

Calm Consistency
I sip dry occasionally for the slow cruise and flavor, but for the most part I'm taking massive *massive* lung busters if I can through my D020-D and my lsv. I've never been able to replicate the lung burn I get with dabbing, but with flower, until I got the lsv and ripped it through water. The volume of vapor that hits you at one time is enough to pinhole your throat and tighten every muscle in you body. If I did this dry, I would have a coughing fit. When I do it wet, it skips the cough and it's just sheer brutal tightness in my lungs and chest. No cough needed, just a few minutes huddled in a corner sweating and tearing. Just the way I like it.
A few of those and the room is spinning, although I rarely want to hit that level.
I'll take about 10 hits through the lsv wand of .1, but if I pack that wet instead, I'll kill it in 1-2.

AJS,
Reactions: Nugg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I usually reserve the bubbler for special occasions but I found a new reason to go wet yesterday. I have a cold and sore throat and the first cloudy dry hit I took hurt like hell so I broke out the bubbler and all was well.

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
.......................................................................................

Yes, the colder the water, the more condensation that happens. The hotter the water, the less condensation AND the more moisture transfer to the vapor for a smoother feel. Take a pull thru warm water with no herb and it has a pleasant feeling in the lungs.

I never use cold water or ice but some prefer it. IMO, combusted herb needs cold water as it starts out about 600 degrees F hotter than vapor. For me, the prime need of vapor is adding moisture as it is very very dry.

I do a half-ass job on reclaiming reclaim :) I don't soak the entire innards in alcohol and evaporate it as that's too much work for too little. I do, however, on my hydratubes and bubblers, salvage what reclaim I can reach with a Q-tip. Actually a Q-tip with some degummed hemp fiber wrapped around it. Swab off what reclaim I can reach and vape the hemp fiber.

FYI, my reclaim is much higher quality since I started using a thin hemp fiber filter in-line. It filters out those tiny bits of herb that get sucked upstream and a little oil too. The reclaim is then much more golden with little herb debris in it. And, I go about 5 times as long between needing a cleaning.

Hey fella can you please elaborate on the hemp fibre filter?

Where do you get them? How much are they? where do you install it? how often do you clean it? how do you clean it? Lol

Cheers.

This could be the missing piece to my perfect water setup.

I find my water setup gives me a stronger/larger/smoother hit than any dry setup I have used (don't know if it's the power of the Errl the back presure created by the bubbler I have) i get seriously good extraction of my herb without dark AVB but suffer with fine particles of avb getting sucked through my screen which makes me cough. (I'm starting to think this is an issue with all vapes)

I have since installed a fine metal screen in the neck of my 18mm reducer below my Errl herb chamber and it's working like a charm but your hemp fibre sounds like a more professional solution.

:tup:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I live in uk and struggled to get hemp fibre, but I use cotton instead..
It definitely catches alot of the finer particulate matter that makes it past the screen...

But also catches alot of the oils that i intending on inhaling, I know this can be revaped later, but I want it there and then...
I feel that cotton does smooth out the hit (wet or dry), I believe it's smoother due to the fact there are now less actives in the vapour that gets to you...they are in the cotton...
I definitely feel the same about water, yes I can take a massive dense hit, but there is something missing from it, it doesn't get me as high as dry...
I like being high and dry....

h3rbalist

Just to reiterate.

I prefer my water setup over any dry setup I have used.

The hits I get on my rig would be comparable to doing small low temp dabs. No shit, they knock me on my arse and I have cleared .5g in one hit on my Daisy before
(which is one of the best dry vapes available imho), check the thread.

I just take issue to small abv particulate. (which I think is a problem for all vaporizers)

So are you saying this particulate is 'active' and gets you higher when you inhale it? Probably, I think. But it can't be very good for your lungs.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I just take issue to small abv particulate. (which I think is a problem for all vaporizers)
My Da Vinci Ascent suffers from this big time, but I reduce most of it by including a screen over the loaded oven.

Don't feel quite so bad, if it's a shared phenomenon, not an Ascent foible.

h3rbalist

My Da Vinci Ascent suffers from this big time, but I reduce most of it by including a screen over the loaded oven.

Don't feel quite so bad, if it's a shared phenomenon, not an Ascent foible.

That's one of the reasons I ditched my Ascent, the Solo has similar holes in its glass stem and also requires an after market screen.

I actually think this issue effects all vapes to some degree. I always associated cough with heat and big hits, but I have to tell ya the more fine avb particals I can remove the smoother my overall experience.

I don't feel like I'm getting any less stoned. In fact, quite the opposite.

edit:

of late I have been getting some major hits from my bubbler, some have caused instant head rush, that remind me of the old days when I used to rub chiloms.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@h3rbalist
No I don't think the particles that are getting through are actives, but I believe the oils that the cotton or hemp also stop, are definitely actives, and they are not making it to the user in that hit.. meaning a weaker hit than what was potentially available...

I was very concerned about the fine dust making it through, at first..
Then I did much research about how the human respiratory system deals with small particles, this put my mind at rest...
Our bodies are amazing, there is no build up of particles in our lungs...

As to whether these particles add to the irritation, that's a very good question.
I'm not so sure, I believe that most of the irritation is caused by the thc being irritating, teamed with it being extra dry..

MinnBobber

Hey fella can you please elaborate on the hemp fibre filter?

Where do you get them? How much are they? where do you install it? how often do you clean it? how do you clean it? Lol

Cheers.

This could be the missing piece to my perfect water setup.
@h3rbalist I'll try to explain and show. My homemade custom hemp fiber filter goes "inline" somewhere. It happens to filter out a tiny bit of oil but also filters the tiny tiny bud dust/ ABV that normally gets sucked into your equipment or your mouth. Prior to the hemp fiber, my bubbler or hydratube had "reclaim" that had a lot of "junk/ particles/ABV" in it. Under magnification, I determined that was herbage--the tiny dry dust/small pieces from grinding herb OR using buds and STIRRING the load.*** more stirring comments later.

With the filter, hydratube goes MUCH longer between cleanings and the reclaim is now like golden goodness--without all the herb particles/ABV.

Picture: my creation is based on a miniVAP Flexicone--the silicone cap/cover that the wire basket and round screen snap into. I insert fiber into the cover where it is contained. When dirty with herb particles and oil--I vape it and toss. Left-disassembled to show parts. Right-assembled and ready for use.
You could find a spot in your reducer or ?? to insert some hemp fiber (and tiny screen if needed to secure it).
Flex%20fiber%20%20mod.jpg

*** stirring.
I found that stirring makes a lot of bud dust which makes sense as you are stirring a material that is now totally dried out/brittle. If you grind and don't stir, there are still tiny tiny pieces.
These pieces readily get picked up in the airstream and flow upstream--and thru a screen protector.
Filter collects almost all of them.

Degummed hemp fiber is best but if unavailable, organic cotton (without regular cotton's chemicals) is likely substitute.
Experiment with thickness as too much restricts air flow---it can be a fairly thin disk of fiber.

EDIT-- @h3rbalist Yes, hemp is loose and you form to whatever shape/size.
Be careful as some sell "hemp wicks" where hemp is rolled tight into wicks, not what you want.

I also prefer to stop dust and it you are seeing trichomes upstream, it should stop most of those too, to be vaped later in the hemp fiber

Last edited:

h3rbalist

@h3rbalist
No I don't think the particles that are getting through are actives, but I believe the oils that the cotton or hemp also stop, are definitely actives, and they are not making it to the user in that hit.. meaning a weaker hit than what was potentially available...

I was very concerned about the fine dust making it through, at first..
Then I did much research about how the human respiratory system deals with small particles, this put my mind at rest...
Our bodies are amazing, there is no build up of particles in our lungs...

As to whether these particles add to the irritation, that's a very good question.
I'm not so sure, I believe that most of the irritation is caused by the thc being irritating, teamed with it being extra dry..

Just looking at my fine second screen now and there is a mix of ultra fine avb and small trichromes in there, I would think both are 'active'. I guess the real question for you is, can the lungs absorb it before the self clean process?
(which I am aware of thanks, but even so would want to avoid inhaling and more crap into my lungs)

I don't get much oil build up like you are describing on my vape rig, I do have some on the down stem of my oil rig but it's never enough for me to warrant reclaiming it mainly because when I do it tastes rank.

I also take huge vape hits with little or no coughing when I'm filtering heavily and I do not experience 'weaker hits' or use a lot of material in the chamber. I would say my Errl does the opposite. Less weed, stronger hits. But I think my Errl is unique and maybe there is more at play there, like the vortex herb chamber. It's probably the reason I get a bit more fine avb escaping than a regular packed bowl in another type of vape.

Check out some Errl vids of youtube, or read the thread. It takes a small pinch. Unlike my Volcano that could take a gram or more and produce dense bags that incidentally were very smooth and didn't induce much coughing. (maybe the bag was trapping the particulates??)

My rigs get an iso rinse every two days (in the same iso) and what I noticed was a build up of particles in that iso.

So this hemp fibre, it's loose like cotton wool not flat like a strip of denim?

edit:
thanks @MinnBobber

AJS

Calm Consistency
So this hemp fibre, it's loose like cotton wool not flat like a strip of denim?
Correct, it is like cotton, fluffy and pick-aparty
I just ordered some, so hopefully it fixes my issue.

My issue isn't particulates...my issue is giant boogs that form within a few seshes and just stick anywhere the water last splashed...Gross yellow boogs all over my piece.
Maybe someone in my "party" doesn't have a proper screen seal and little pieces are getting by and accumulating with oils and causing these boogs. Not sure though...will see if hemp fibre works.

h3rbalist

Correct, it is like cotton, fluffy and pick-aparty
I just ordered some, so hopefully it fixes my issue.

My issue isn't particulates...my issue is giant boogs that form within a few seshes and just stick anywhere the water last splashed...Gross yellow boogs all over my piece.
Maybe someone in my "party" doesn't have a proper screen seal and little pieces are getting by and accumulating with oils and causing these boogs. Not sure though...will see if hemp fibre works.

Dude I was getting this exact same thing with my Crafty with muzzmod until I installed an untra fine screen.

I'm sure if you look closely at the heart of those greeny/yellow boogs is a small piece of avb.

Good luck with the fibre pal.

AJS

Calm Consistency
My friend was favoring to argue that it is simply oils getting through, and my extra screens and fiber were pointless.
Doesn't seem possible when
1. it happens after 3 seshes or so (and DOESN'T happen when I vape my vapes alone, and under my own supervision), and..
2. I've seen people's bubblers after days and days and days of use, with more reclaim than I've ever gotten to, and they don't have huge boogs throughout their glass.

This is why I'm a lone wolf...ugh, friends are good I guess, hahaha, jk. I love my buddies.

I'm thinking my hemp fibre will work, won't be a week or 2 til it gets here though probably.
Until then, I have an LSV screen installed in the downstem of my d020-d, and have shredded hemp wick picking up some particles.

I swear this wasn't happening weeks ago...

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Iv been wondering about this, what is the snotty horrible reclaim shit that I find in the bubbler??? Is it proven it's particular matter at the middle???

I don't get it all the time, is it when the water is cooler????

Iv asked about this before with not much reply, I'm new to water and didn't read much about this snotty shit before my purchase..

kellya86,
Reactions: Nugg

kellya86

Herb gardener...
As a community we must know more than that???
Anyone???
I just vaped 2 baskets over 4 hits with absolutely no vape shit. Why???
Next time I may get loads???

Top Bottom