Way to Improve My Vaping Experience?

justcametomind

Anti-VAS thoughts for the OP:
You have a desktop heavy hitter, you have a decent portable, the Tinymight. I don’t think you will get anything so outstandingly different or “better” from the Tetra. Why don’t you wait for its successors? The Esa? Or when you really need it. I have a Tubo, which came prior to the Tetra. The Tinymight may be a little bit better, less chunky, lighter but nothing SO different from it. I doubt it’s anything so outstandingly different from the Tetra as well. You have a desktop heavy hitter (VB), a portable for around the house (TB), and a portable. FC is a rabbit hole, there are many of us following that rabbit already, you don’t actually need to fill your house with vapes. I think I’ll wait the most that I can until I get another. I vape way less than I used to, I’d buy a Volcano if I ever break mine, and I think that’s one of the few that stand out. I would get an e-rig if I’ll ever get access to concentrates, but since Covid-19 hit, I started to rethink the whole process of my cannabis consumption and realized that portables are almost useless to me now. Other than that I’m trying to go towards edibles rather than vaporization.

Last edited:

Jason Mendoza

Follow the white rabbit, Neo.
Not a rabbit hole. It's a money pit with a carrot at the bottom. ;)

To complete the experience, you will want to try a Magic Flight Launch Box. Just sayin' - MF was part of the roots of vaping. Still a treat.

Can't fnd the MFLB forum. If there is one, can you direct me? I've been curious lately as I can get a new set for 70 but want to check here first. Why nothing new? My store is running low and not restocking so, I'm wondering what's up.

Last edited:

jjvapes

Thank you all for all your comments above. While looking at them I can definitely see how FC can be a rabbit hole of VAS; however there were some suggestions for glass that I have purchased; and I'm currently looking at the FW7 and the Heat Island. @justcametomind I've been using a mix of edibles and vaping; and I know that with restrictions ending I will likely be vaping on the go again.

One of the best things I've done since starting this thread has been to change the position I'm in when using my vapbong which has helped my experience with that device; and likely something I'll continue to experiment with.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far....perhaps once I've got my set up I can get the MFLB to get back to the beginnings of vaping! :tup:

MontyKrushto

I want to focus on the overall question regarding improving the vaping experience.

You've already made a substantial investment monetarily, time, effort, energy, health, etc. When you say "improve the experience" What is your end goal? More extraction? Better flavor? Use less product? Get more effects? Less irritation? More portable? Stealth?

One easy way to improve one's experience? Set a clear goal so you / we can celebrate achieving it. "Improvement" is a tall order if you tackle all areas at once and might lead you down the rabbit hole of VAS, not actually improve your overall experience and frustrate / bankrupt you in the process.

Everyone's "experience" is unique. Therefore, improvement is subjective. So, please indulge me and allow me to give some points that improved MY overall vaping experience:

1. Meditate before you medicate. Pause a minute (or 5, or 10). Don't run in the door and blaze up. Just sit quietly and think about how you feel BEFORE you start. That also makes it easier to analyze how you feel AFTER and adjust quantities in the future. You can't improve something if you don't track it.

2. Turn off your darn screens. Seriously, give your senses a break. Allow your body to receive as few imputs as possible. Don't make the cannabis compete for your attention. All. Screens.

3. Don't just vape, have a session. Just like a story or a song - a cannabis session has an arc. There is a beginning, a crescendo and a wind down to every session. Don't blur the session into a jumble of clouds and miss the beauty of a true and legit vaping session. Good guideline: 20 minutes to do it right.

4. Engage yourself and your surroundings. Silence your phone. Put on some very chill music - quiet, relaxing music with actual instruments and singing - quietly with a playlist or infinite play, so you won't have to mess with it. Be alone. No conversation. Dim the lights. Put on loose clothes, take off your shoes, tell the family your gonna chill and to please leave you alone. Turn on a fan or do something to have good air flow. Spend a few minutes breathing between tokes. Just. Breathing. Just. Breathing.

5. Try using a device that allows easy use of a whip without a bunch of buttons or lights. It elevates the experience to have your attention on the cannabis not the device and what it's doing / not doing.

6. Practice stoner 101 - drink! Have plenty of your favorite hydration handy and plentiful BEFORE you start and, there'll be time enough for snackin' when the tokin's done. Sessions are for cannabis, not food.

7. Clean your shit. Wanna screw up everything? Get lazy with maintenance. Seriously, clean your shit. And, by the way, sessions are not the time for this. Have your equipment ready before you start and just chill when you're done. Nothing will get destroyed if it sits for a few minutes with some funk while you nap.

Ok, I get preachy and I ramble. Don't ask a retired Deadhead how to improve one's experience if you don't wanna hear that ^^^. Hopefully you can pull something meaningful out of that diatribe. I'm interested in you not only enjoying your vaping but becoming evangelical about it. THIS is how it's done - by really engaging with your cannabis.

Any idiot can make weed go 'puff' it takes an FCer to do it correctly.
preach captain, preach. Can't find any fault with this post, other than the fact most people don't know how to take "a moment" anymore (including me). In this day and age of constant attention and impulses, this here post has some solid advice.

Cheers for that! I salute you!

jjvapes

I just wanted to follow-up and thank everyone for their suggestions.

I ended up ordering a FW7 which was delivered on Canada Day and have been enjoying the device for the last week. In addition, my repaired TinyMight was delivered yesterday with an included WPA; so with the j-hooks I now have I think this will be a better experience.

The suggestions on the MFLB also got me thinking of unregulated vapes (and going further down the VAS rabbit hold that is FC); and I ended up buying the Milaana 2/3 June special to have an unregulated option other than the MFLB (and which I can sell if I decide that unregulated devices aren't for me).

I wanted to thank everyone for their help in this thread - and for any future suggestions that anyone may have! Thanks again! :tup:

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

I want to focus on the overall question regarding improving the vaping experience.

You've already made a substantial investment monetarily, time, effort, energy, health, etc. When you say "improve the experience" What is your end goal? More extraction? Better flavor? Use less product? Get more effects? Less irritation? More portable? Stealth?

One easy way to improve one's experience? Set a clear goal so you / we can celebrate achieving it. "Improvement" is a tall order if you tackle all areas at once and might lead you down the rabbit hole of VAS, not actually improve your overall experience and frustrate / bankrupt you in the process.

Everyone's "experience" is unique. Therefore, improvement is subjective. So, please indulge me and allow me to give some points that improved MY overall vaping experience:

1. Meditate before you medicate. Pause a minute (or 5, or 10). Don't run in the door and blaze up. Just sit quietly and think about how you feel BEFORE you start. That also makes it easier to analyze how you feel AFTER and adjust quantities in the future. You can't improve something if you don't track it.

2. Turn off your darn screens. Seriously, give your senses a break. Allow your body to receive as few imputs as possible. Don't make the cannabis compete for your attention. All. Screens.

3. Don't just vape, have a session. Just like a story or a song - a cannabis session has an arc. There is a beginning, a crescendo and a wind down to every session. Don't blur the session into a jumble of clouds and miss the beauty of a true and legit vaping session. Good guideline: 20 minutes to do it right.

4. Engage yourself and your surroundings. Silence your phone. Put on some very chill music - quiet, relaxing music with actual instruments and singing - quietly with a playlist or infinite play, so you won't have to mess with it. Be alone. No conversation. Dim the lights. Put on loose clothes, take off your shoes, tell the family your gonna chill and to please leave you alone. Turn on a fan or do something to have good air flow. Spend a few minutes breathing between tokes. Just. Breathing. Just. Breathing.

5. Try using a device that allows easy use of a whip without a bunch of buttons or lights. It elevates the experience to have your attention on the cannabis not the device and what it's doing / not doing.

6. Practice stoner 101 - drink! Have plenty of your favorite hydration handy and plentiful BEFORE you start and, there'll be time enough for snackin' when the tokin's done. Sessions are for cannabis, not food.

7. Clean your shit. Wanna screw up everything? Get lazy with maintenance. Seriously, clean your shit. And, by the way, sessions are not the time for this. Have your equipment ready before you start and just chill when you're done. Nothing will get destroyed if it sits for a few minutes with some funk while you nap.

Ok, I get preachy and I ramble. Don't ask a retired Deadhead how to improve one's experience if you don't wanna hear that ^^^. Hopefully you can pull something meaningful out of that diatribe. I'm interested in you not only enjoying your vaping but becoming evangelical about it. THIS is how it's done - by really engaging with your cannabis.

Any idiot can make weed go 'puff' it takes an FCer to do it correctly.
I know this post is somewhat old but it's the 1st time reading it for me. This is a fantastic post! One of the best I've read here on the site. So much good information here. I am so guilty of most of the items mentioned, screens, distractions etc. Excellent tips for everyone :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I just wanted to follow-up and thank everyone for their suggestions.

I ended up ordering a FW7 which was delivered on Canada Day and have been enjoying the device for the last week. In addition, my repaired TinyMight was delivered yesterday with an included WPA; so with the j-hooks I now have I think this will be a better experience.

The suggestions on the MFLB also got me thinking of unregulated vapes (and going further down the VAS rabbit hold that is FC); and I ended up buying the Milaana 2/3 June special to have an unregulated option other than the MFLB (and which I can sell if I decide that unregulated devices aren't for me).

I wanted to thank everyone for their help in this thread - and for any future suggestions that anyone may have! Thanks again! :tup:
That's awesome, thanks for the update. I recently got this large inline bubbler from Goo Roo Glass and it works really well with the Tinymight. Really shows off the versatility of the TM's punchy heater going from stock stem to j-hook to big bubbler hits. They have coupon codes occasionally just FYI. Beats the breaks off my China glass for performance, but then my bubbler experience is limited to three cheap pieces from dhgate and now this guy.

I haven't tried my Milaana with it yet. I only very recently learned that stem packing is a good way to use my Splinter Zs with a bubbler and reduce the risk of hotspots or scorching so I'll need to try that with a Milaana next

PXL_20210708_211948754~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@bossman Did you just e-mail them to request without any logos? Do they charge extra for that? I have the same piece with logos. I definitely prefer the look without them!

When you order you can make the request for no logos, I would just use the notes section, and also email to confirm! So far they do not charge extra for logo requests

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman Did you just e-mail them to request without any logos? Do they charge extra for that? I have the same piece with logos. I definitely prefer the look without them!

When you order you can make the request for no logos, I would just use the notes section, and also email to confirm! So far they do not charge extra for logo requests
Yeah, I emailed them first and it didn't cost extra

Top Bottom