• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Way to Improve My Vaping Experience?

jjvapes

Hello All!

I've been lurking on the boards for awhile and recently decided to sign up and participate in the community. Hi everyone! :wave: I'm hoping to get some advice to broaden my vaping experience.

Originally, I started cannabis through edibles. After using edibles for a few years weed became legal in my country 🇨🇦 and I started getting into pre-rolls. My naturopath wasn't happy that and suggested I switch to vaping and I bought my first vape in 2019 (a Pax 3). After using it a few times, I didn't really get into it and went back to using pre-rolls (they were $5 1g pre-rolls).

And then Covid happened. I could no longer get access to my cheap pre-roll source and I live in a non-smoking building so it seemed like kismet to bring out the vape again. After using the Pax daily for a few months I still wasn't really satisfied (and still combusting occasoinally); and started searching on reddit for other vapes to try. Everyone was getting recommended the Mighty or a Dynavap. I don't use torches (clumsfy af) and didn't want to purchase the induction heater for the Dynavap; so I went with the Mighty. The Mighty did convert me to vaping but I never fell in love with it and after months of using it daily decided to start looking at other vapes.

So I found the most odd-looking vapes to buy; the Tafee Bowle and the Vapbong. These vapes were fantastic and my first true experiences at convection and I fell in love with the on demand nature; the quick ability to clear a bowl; and the better taste of the vapour. So I decided to take the plunge and order a Tinymight and then a week later I ordered a Tetra P80.

So these are my questions.

1. When I purchased the Tinymight; I bought an additional cooling unit and the long dimpled stem. Should I buy/find a WPA for this so I can use J-hooks? Alternatively, what other accessories would be considered "must have?" Or what other stems fit the device and are available in 🇨🇦? I already bought some Molicell P26a's for additional battery needs.

2. With the Tetra what accessories would be best to order? (Either from Lamart or elsewhere).

3. Is there another type of vape I haven't tried that would broaden my horizons? I don't really need another device right now but it's nice to have options :lol:

Thanks for reading!

jjvapes

Nice entrance and welcome @jjvapes!

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions! What about the accessories for the Tetra? Or should I just forget about that device altogether?? :rofl:

And would you suggest the WPA from Tinymight directly; or is there another one that would work? I saw shipping to Canada was 21 for accessories - which seemed a bit.....high.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions! What about the accessories for the Tetra? Or should I just forget about that device altogether?? :rofl:

Haha yes I was going to say the same thing, FW7 is what you are missing for sure! There's always more, but that would complete your already advanced collection that you get to start with...

Tetra I like the tank mouthpiece a lot actually, for on demand use, session style I prefer to use upside down on hooks, so grab yourself a 18 male to male adapter, plenty of basket screens too!

And would you suggest the WPA from Tinymight directly; or is there another one that would work? I saw shipping to Canada was 21 for accessories - which seemed a bit.....high.

Yeah WPA from TM is best, I would recommend getting each one, the two different styles, you may be able to find in Canada the RBT Splinter stem that may be able to fit as WPA backwards, and Canada I think you can order them from Herb Cafe still? Note you do not want the RBT splinter WPA, you want the regular RBT splinter stem for TM use!

Shame you did not get those WPA with your order of the TM already, I could have told you to get those! Hard to keep track though, posts get buried in the TM thread lol

So Oregon glass blower is a great place to go for jayhook, best one for the TM in my opinion is the one I designed, the sidecar hook:
He can make it in 18 mm as well if you write in the notes or email him, he can pretty much customize anything on his site...

If you want a cheap hook, check out the rogue wax works, his website has a lot, basic glass j hook, also some phenomenal tools for all of these vapes too!

Yes Molicell are great for TM and TP80 so stock up and get an external battery charger of course!

You may want to try a nice vapor water rig as well, from DHgate cheap, or we are really into gooroo class now for an American seller!

Finally, you should have a brilliant cut grinder and/or flower mill if you do not already have a premium grinder :tup:

If it is money you want to spend, we will help you find many ways to do that well :lol::cool:

Choices

You went to the head of the line pretty quickly! Pax3 —> Mighty —> Tafee Bowle & Vapbong with a TinyMight & Tetra on the way! All I might suggest is a Dynavap M and a Caldron from @Pipes so you know what all that experience is about. Plus it is a chance to move from clumsy to capable with a torch if you want to wade into that pool. Welcome welcome!

Note: If your TinyMight order hasn’t shipped perhaps contact them to add the WPA?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

You went to the head of the line pretty quickly! Pax3 —> Mighty —> Tafee Bowle & Vapbong with a TinyMight & Tetra on the way! All I might suggest is a Dynavap M and a Caldron from @Pipes so you know what all that experience is about. Plus it is a chance to move from clumsy to capable with a torch if you want a wade into that pool. Welcome welcome!

Note: If your TinyMight order hasn’t shipped perhaps contact them to add the WPA?

Oh yeah for sure if the order has not shipped, email them, with order number whatever in the subject, add accessories, then list both WPA in the body of the email and repeat the subject I guess? @jjvapes

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

jjvapes

Haha yes I was going to say the same thing, FW7 is what you are missing for sure! There's always more, but that would complete your already advanced collection that you get to start with...

Tetra I like the tank mouthpiece a lot actually, for on demand use, session style I prefer to use upside down on hooks, so grab yourself a 18 male to male adapter, plenty of basket screens too!

Thanks - looks like the FW7 should be next; however I am still in the honeymoon period with the Tinymight; (and technically the Vapbong as I've only had it for a month).

So Oregon glass blower is a great place to go for jayhook, best one for the TM in my opinion is the one I designed, the sidecar hook:
https://oregonglassblower.com/14mm-GLASS-SIDECAR-J-HOOK-LARGE-DIAMETER-LEFT-J-HOOK-SIDECAR.htm He can make it in 18 mm as well if you write in the notes or email him, he can pretty much customize anything on his site...
Thank you for the suggestion on glass. I am very much a noob; and so apologies for asking but what's the benefit for it being in 18mm as well (just being able to use in multiple devices?

You went to the head of the line pretty quickly! Pax3 —> Mighty —> Tafee Bowle & Vapbong with a TinyMight & Tetra on the way! All I might suggest is a Dynavap M and a Caldron from @Pipes so you know what all that experience is about. Plus it is a chance to move from clumsy to capable with a torch if you want to wade into that pool. Welcome welcome!
Ha ha ha! Yes, I did. I was just disappointed in the mighy even though everyone seemed to love it; so i was looking for devices that were universally loved and (relatively) easy to get. And i've burned myself a few times with torches (unmedicated); so it seemed like a bad combination to try - although it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Sadly (!!) my order shipped very quickly. I ordered the evening of May 25th and it arrived May 31st. That's why I was asking about alternatives. Looking back I should have ordered it at the same time.

So it seems like galss is definitely the direction to go in; I just want to ensure I'm getting hte most out of my devices :tup:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thank you for the suggestion on glass. I am very much a noob; and so apologies for asking but what's the benefit for it being in 18mm as well (just being able to use in multiple devices?

No worries! Ah TM shipped too quick lol so yeah 18 is just more versatile, but as long as you have the proper adapters it won't matter anyway. If you get RBT splinter stem to use as WPA for TM, it is only 18mm male like one of the TM WPA's is, that's why you would want to get 18mm female for j hook is all... Just can be more versatile for more things!

jjvapes

No worries! Ah TM shipped too quick lol so yeah 18 is just more versatile, but as long as you have the proper adapters it won't matter anyway. If you get RBT splinter stem to use as WPA for TM, it is only 18mm male like one of the TM WPA's is, that's why you would want to get 18mm female for j hook is all... Just can be more versatile for more things!

Yes! Versatility is key - thank you for that. Definitely going on the buy list thank you!

VRod over Weedeater

Why would you suggest the VRod over the Weedeater for a desktop? Is it ease of use; or quick set up?

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Other than you can also and pretty ably at that do concentrate and flower, separate or together. the VRod and carb cap also has better low temperature extraction vs the Weedeater even with a cap and the VRod hits just as hard as the Weedeater at higher temperature.

4C4344A2-7E61-4083-A943-258BCD12813B.jpeg
it’s tasty down here

jjvapes

Other than you can also and pretty ably at that do concentrate and flower, separate or together. the VRod and carb cap also has better low temperature extraction vs the Weedeater even with a cap and the VRod hits just as hard as the Weedeater at higher temperature.

View attachment 9041
it’s tasty down here

thank you so much for explaining the difference between the two. I’ve been riding high temperatures in the past with my mighty; but in the last few months have been getting into lower temp extracting (It didn’t make sense for me to do it when I only had session vapes. So a
You need log in your life.
😁

ha ha ha ha ha! How would the log fit in; and you’d suggest the log over the firewood or vrod?

arb

Semi shaved ape
thank you so much for explaining the difference between the two. I’ve been riding high temperatures in the past with my mighty; but in the last few months have been getting into lower temp extracting (It didn’t make sense for me to do it when I only had session vapes. So a

ha ha ha ha ha! How would the log fit in; and you’d suggest the log over the firewood or vrod?
I suggest log over all others........lolz.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I tend to agree that it seems like you should have some kind of desktop for home use. Whether its a flowpot, log, or something else entirely kind of depends on your home (e.g. small kids or pets that might make exposed coils a non-starter) and usage needs/tolerance. Logs are extraordinarily efficient and provide outstanding flavor, so you can certainly stretch your flower. However, if the amount you can reasonably pack into a log stem doesn't do it for you then undeniably you should look to something else.

Beyond that I think you have the right idea with glass pieces. Going through water with my log the first time was revelatory. Its still my favorite way to go, though I'm branching out more into dry options for more flavor (a dimpled stem or even just using my waterpipe sans water).

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
He can make it in 18 mm as well if you write in the notes or email him, he can pretty much customize anything on his site...
Asking on OP’s behalf (so as not to hijack their thread): does the sidecar design enhance the cooling?

Can’t figure out the difference between that and this: https://oregonglassblower.com/14MM-GLASS-J-HOOK-MOUTHPIECE-FEMALE-FLARED-END-8-14jhfc.htm

I mean, other than the deeper bend, the flat mouthpiece, and the $16 price increase, lol.

notams

toke down Babylon
I want to focus on the overall question regarding improving the vaping experience.

You've already made a substantial investment monetarily, time, effort, energy, health, etc. When you say "improve the experience" What is your end goal? More extraction? Better flavor? Use less product? Get more effects? Less irritation? More portable? Stealth?

One easy way to improve one's experience? Set a clear goal so you / we can celebrate achieving it. "Improvement" is a tall order if you tackle all areas at once and might lead you down the rabbit hole of VAS, not actually improve your overall experience and frustrate / bankrupt you in the process.

Everyone's "experience" is unique. Therefore, improvement is subjective. So, please indulge me and allow me to give some points that improved MY overall vaping experience:

1. Meditate before you medicate. Pause a minute (or 5, or 10). Don't run in the door and blaze up. Just sit quietly and think about how you feel BEFORE you start. That also makes it easier to analyze how you feel AFTER and adjust quantities in the future. You can't improve something if you don't track it.

2. Turn off your darn screens. Seriously, give your senses a break. Allow your body to receive as few imputs as possible. Don't make the cannabis compete for your attention. All. Screens.

3. Don't just vape, have a session. Just like a story or a song - a cannabis session has an arc. There is a beginning, a crescendo and a wind down to every session. Don't blur the session into a jumble of clouds and miss the beauty of a true and legit vaping session. Good guideline: 20 minutes to do it right.

4. Engage yourself and your surroundings. Silence your phone. Put on some very chill music - quiet, relaxing music with actual instruments and singing - quietly with a playlist or infinite play, so you won't have to mess with it. Be alone. No conversation. Dim the lights. Put on loose clothes, take off your shoes, tell the family your gonna chill and to please leave you alone. Turn on a fan or do something to have good air flow. Spend a few minutes breathing between tokes. Just. Breathing. Just. Breathing.

5. Try using a device that allows easy use of a whip without a bunch of buttons or lights. It elevates the experience to have your attention on the cannabis not the device and what it's doing / not doing.

6. Practice stoner 101 - drink! Have plenty of your favorite hydration handy and plentiful BEFORE you start and, there'll be time enough for snackin' when the tokin's done. Sessions are for cannabis, not food.

7. Clean your shit. Wanna screw up everything? Get lazy with maintenance. Seriously, clean your shit. And, by the way, sessions are not the time for this. Have your equipment ready before you start and just chill when you're done. Nothing will get destroyed if it sits for a few minutes with some funk while you nap.

Ok, I get preachy and I ramble. Don't ask a retired Deadhead how to improve one's experience if you don't wanna hear that ^^^. Hopefully you can pull something meaningful out of that diatribe. I'm interested in you not only enjoying your vaping but becoming evangelical about it. THIS is how it's done - by really engaging with your cannabis.

Any idiot can make weed go 'puff' it takes an FCer to do it correctly.

jjvapes

I tend to agree that it seems like you should have some kind of desktop for home use. Whether its a flowpot, log, or something else entirely kind of depends on your home (e.g. small kids or pets that might make exposed coils a non-starter) and usage needs/tolerance. Logs are extraordinarily efficient and provide outstanding flavor, so you can certainly stretch your flower. However, if the amount you can reasonably pack into a log stem doesn't do it for you then undeniably you should look to something else.

Beyond that I think you have the right idea with glass pieces. Going through water with my log the first time was revelatory. Its still my favorite way to go, though I'm branching out more into dry options for more flavor (a dimpled stem or even just using my waterpipe sans water).

thank you! I am currently using a Vapbong/Aromatizer as a desktop vape. I think I’m a moderate/heavy user so the log would probably be more in line for microdosing if needed.

Thank you for confirming I’m on the right track with glass. I think I was blown away by how much better the vapor is in the devices I’ve been buying compared to the mighty. I tried dosing capsules recently and I could taste the metal in it; so thinking focusing on flavor is the way to go. I was also thinking of a wooden stem as well for out and about (in class of breakage).

Thank you @notams for the message above. Definitely Good questions and something to consider. In the past with my sessions I was putting a couple of capsules in the mighty but wasn’t really enjoying it (it took to long to feel effects, and It wasn’t great on flavor after the first few puffs. Getting the Tafee changed that as it was first experience with on demand and better flavor - so it’s made me ask myself what else am I missing? I will definitely consider what you’ve written. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Given what you have I definitely say FW7 is next, but yeah a log is a great micro dose option, although there are larger logs available now, my recommendation would be to go to Alan, if you email him you can actually get a log cheap as possible, he offers bamboo and even cardboard shells instead of wood, and he has glass or steel core, in small or large sizes, so much stem variety... Heat Island overall best in my opinion, but you could not go wrong with an Underdog or the others!

Asking on OP’s behalf (so as not to hijack their thread): does the sidecar design enhance the cooling?

Can’t figure out the difference between that and this: https://oregonglassblower.com/14MM-GLASS-J-HOOK-MOUTHPIECE-FEMALE-FLARED-END-8-14jhfc.htm

I mean, other than the deeper bend, the flat mouthpiece, and the $16 price increase, lol.

Haha yeah, first off he can swap the mouthpiece on any piece, bossman got his without a mouthpiece at all, I tried the flared mouthpiece at first and I really hate it lol

So the sidecar was my idea, primarily to use with the TM, but it works great with TP80 and many others, as it is ergonomically perfect to hold in one hand (check in the TM thread for photos, use search feature for "Oregon glass blower")

However the other aspect to your question, yes in the sidecar hook, there is also more of an angle for the mouthpiece where it bends, this is modeled off my original custom, which has an even more full right angle for the mouthpiece, so it is a triple right angle hook, the first right angle is the most effective because it catches all the debris, but then the other two right angles help cool the vapor even further! Mine is also a narrower diameter 12mm tube, the one in the link is the 15mm tube with more air flow btw Bossman and everyone else have it that way

Anyway the sidecar is a bit more complicated for him to make, hence the higher price, he did not offer it until I requested a customized version like it, along with his spiked L hook, I told him he should offer versions of decent the store, so now he does, but they are more expensive pieces... He can customize anything for a price basically!

So yeah feel free to get whatever looks good to you of course!

I want to focus on the overall question regarding improving the vaping experience.

You've already made a substantial investment monetarily, time, effort, energy, health, etc. When you say "improve the experience" What is your end goal? More extraction? Better flavor? Use less product? Get more effects? Less irritation? More portable? Stealth?

One easy way to improve one's experience? Set a clear goal so you / we can celebrate achieving it. "Improvement" is a tall order if you tackle all areas at once and might lead you down the rabbit hole of VAS, not actually improve your overall experience and frustrate / bankrupt you in the process.

Everyone's "experience" is unique. Therefore, improvement is subjective. So, please indulge me and allow me to give some points that improved MY overall vaping experience:

1. Meditate before you medicate. Pause a minute (or 5, or 10). Don't run in the door and blaze up. Just sit quietly and think about how you feel BEFORE you start. That also makes it easier to analyze how you feel AFTER and adjust quantities in the future. You can't improve something if you don't track it.

2. Turn off your darn screens. Seriously, give your senses a break. Allow your body to receive as few imputs as possible. Don't make the cannabis compete for your attention. All. Screens.

3. Don't just vape, have a session. Just like a story or a song - a cannabis session has an arc. There is a beginning, a crescendo and a wind down to every session. Don't blur the session into a jumble of clouds and miss the beauty of a true and legit vaping session. Good guideline: 20 minutes to do it right.

4. Engage yourself and your surroundings. Silence your phone. Put on some very chill music - quiet, relaxing music with actual instruments and singing - quietly with a playlist or infinite play, so you won't have to mess with it. Be alone. No conversation. Dim the lights. Put on loose clothes, take off your shoes, tell the family your gonna chill and to please leave you alone. Turn on a fan or do something to have good air flow. Spend a few minutes breathing between tokes. Just. Breathing. Just. Breathing.

5. Try using a device that allows easy use of a whip without a bunch of buttons or lights. It elevates the experience to have your attention on the cannabis not the device and what it's doing / not doing.

6. Practice stoner 101 - drink! Have plenty of your favorite hydration handy and plentiful BEFORE you start and, there'll be time enough for snackin' when the tokin's done. Sessions are for cannabis, not food.

7. Clean your shit. Wanna screw up everything? Get lazy with maintenance. Seriously, clean your shit. And, by the way, sessions are not the time for this. Have your equipment ready before you start and just chill when you're done. Nothing will get destroyed if it sits for a few minutes with some funk while you nap.

Ok, I get preachy and I ramble. Don't ask a retired Deadhead how to improve one's experience if you don't wanna hear that ^^^. Hopefully you can pull something meaningful out of that diatribe. I'm interested in you not only enjoying your vaping but becoming evangelical about it. THIS is how it's done - by really engaging with your cannabis.

Any idiot can make weed go 'puff' it takes an FCer to do it correctly.

This was a fantastic post! Great points in here, like keeping things clean, really refreshes the experience, the flavor! And the intentional session stuff, good shit, experience enhancement for sure!

ray_

Several have recommended a log vape and I will too. Here's what I get from a log vape that I haven't found elsewhere: Full convection extraction of a small dose in a single hit with no discomfort or coughing. Why this is important to me: When I experience everything my cannabis has to offer at one time in one hit the quality of the high is much improved. I can't overstate that last sentence. That matters.

If you have a low to medium tolerance (and want to keep it that way) get a log. If you have a high tolerance this is not for you. Get a Weedeater.

justcametomind

3. You are missing the Volcano. I like the mild taste and the fact the flavor is fine and the same for the whole bag. You don’t get flavor the first couple of hits and then popcorn taste. Best taste and effects, perfect for medical use or if you find your sweet spot and like to be able to repeat the experience. That’s not as easy with any other vape imho.
1. I bought every accessories imaginable for the tinymight (400€+ order, other than every fitting capsule system), just to realize that my only use for it would be as an uncorded Evo. The only accessory I use with it is the WPA, the one with the rounded screen inside. The “Solo-like” Wpa gets too dirty too quick and impossible to clean as easily.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Get a log, and then maybe consider getting a flowerpot.
These will broaden your current vaping experience.

No matter what you end up with, everyone should have a log in their collection.

Top Bottom