Volcano Hybrid

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
So, I keep hearing people say that the Hybrid offers conduction heating, but I have seen zero evidence of this. Are they referring to the ability to pull heat without the fan? Anyone have any concrete evidence about this? Because even pulling heat through the fan is still vaporizing the herbs via convection, which would make any conduction claim seem out of place when it's nominally used to describe the vaporization mechanism of the vape itself....

SixStringToker

Naked member
It very definitely has conduction heating. Take a look at the metal ring at the top of the unit. That ring heats up with the heating elements. The chamber inside the orange plastic piece has a flat on the bottom that makes thermal contact with the base ring when it's screwed down, so the heat transfers to the chamber. That heat then gets transferred to the top screen piece (inside the black plastic piece) when it's installed.

Below is a photo of mine with a thermo-couple poked down thru the black piece. It's bottoming out on the top of the screen, so it's not even getting down into the chamber. Note that I've only turned on the heat; I haven't touched the pump since plugging it in:

48360501422_195f38ecbe_o.jpg

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For Bag : I think I prefer classic Easy Valve Chamber in Volcano Classic (better taste). I am a little disappoint with this.

Since the added conduction heat increases the vapor production, have you experimented with lower temperatures on the Hybrid? Maybe that would balance the flavor back out.

What do others thing about Hybrid vs YeOlde regarding flavor?

ChooChooCharlie

I feel guilty about posting those lame picture captions on prior pages

Noticed 180C on display, so I guess Lovee already plugged it in, oops. And, the hipster picture is actually a good illustration of "hybrid" use, swapping in the hose after blowing a bag

The Hybrid is Fun and Functional

Fun, because I believe recreational users will enjoy it with the phone app flexibility, rapid warmup, added vapor conduction punch, and the quick change of delivery system in social, or solo, settings

Functional, because it addresses medical user ergonomic needs/desires beyond the classic system, and delivers the actives more efficiently with Hybrid heating (IMO)

Run-on sentences are fun and functional, too

Pabs

Since the added conduction heat increases the vapor production, have you experimented with lower temperatures on the Hybrid? Maybe that would balance the flavor back out.

What do others thing about Hybrid vs YeOlde regarding flavor?

Thanks for your advice !
Here is my experience to have the best taste experience in both VOLCANO :
Volcano classic : I start vaping at 5,5 (180°C) and end at 6,5 (195°C)
Volcano Hybrid : thanks to "invertedisdead" advice, I start now at 170 °C and end at 185°C (to have the same excellent taste than Volcano Classic).

Regarding "What do others thing about Hybrid vs YeOlde regarding flavor?" : For the 2 first time of using Volcano Hybrid, I had some "factory" taste... So ! Before using, I recommend to let some dry herbs vaping (without inhalation) 1 minute, 2 times, in the bag and whip with the pump on.

I feel guilty about posting those lame picture captions on prior pages

Noticed 180C on display, so I guess Lovee already plugged it in, oops. And, the hipster picture is actually a good illustration of "hybrid" use, swapping in the hose after blowing a bag

The Hybrid is Fun and Functional

Fun, because I believe recreational users will enjoy it with the phone app flexibility, rapid warmup, added vapor conduction punch, and the quick change of delivery system in social, or solo, settings

Functional, because it addresses medical user ergonomic needs/desires beyond the classic system, and delivers the actives more efficiently with Hybrid heating (IMO)

Run-on sentences are fun and functional, too

I am agree with you about "fun and functional".
I have used it yesterday with a friend who didn't like Classic model because of the bag. And he was happy trying the whip. Volcano "Hybrid" is definitely more easy and attractive when using in a group, a party ... (because of the whip). And Heating system is so quick, amazing. Bravo.
So you have a lot of possibilities of setting... you can also set "workflow" with the App. Exemple :
1/Heat 180°C
2/Pump 10 sec
3/Heat 190°C
4/Pump 5 sec
5/Heat 210°C
6/Pump 30 sec
Put the bag and just wait :)
Excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trypsy Summers

Thanks for your advice !
Here is my experience to have the best taste experience in both VOLCANO :
Volcano classic : I start vaping at 5,5 (180°C) and end at 6,5 (195°C)
Volcano Hybrid : thanks to "invertedisdead" advice, I start now at 170 °C and end at 185°C (to have the same excellent taste than Volcano Classic).

Regarding "What do others thing about Hybrid vs YeOlde regarding flavor?" : For the 2 first time of using Volcano Hybrid, I had some "factory" taste... So ! Before using, I recommend to let some dry herbs vaping (without inhalation) 1 minute, 2 times, in the bag and whip with the pump on.

With the Hybrid, I found that the little spout of air it gives off, rids the the whip of stale vapor, but I fully agree, that you should either run some herb through it first time, to get rid of that residue taste, or simply just heat the Hybrid up to Max and let it vent for a few minutes to burn of the factory residue,

Btw, I'm just back from Amsterdam, (so I will give you the tale of the tape, re weed; in the What's in my Vape section) and for the 1st time ever, I used the Classic, WTF!! That thing took for ever just to heat up.... Yeah, and after all that, the vapour was so so, didn't seem to be as good as the Digit, and not in the same league as the Hybrid!!, But having said that, I've had the digit, since 2015, so that's what I'm use to, and now it's strictly the Hybrid!

Man I gotta say, that classic was so slow to heat up, that whilst my girlfriend kept watch, I went next door and ordered a milkshake, that the bartender built from scratch, and by the time I got back, it had only just warmed up! Yeah, the vapour and flavour was on point, (but that has always been the USP of the Volcano), and especially as I had taken my own (brand new) bag, but the heat up time was like, no no no!!! Btw, Temperature-wise, I started at 7 and ended at 9, I am not used to the - caveman style numbers - on the classic, I much prefer the precise numbers synonymous with the Digit/Hybrid!

not saying:2c: just saying:peace: without saying:shit:

Pure peace:leaf:

Last edited:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
To achieve the conduction with the older classic and digit vapes you just preheat the empty bowl with a minute or two of hot air. It achieves the same effect as the hybrid. That is a bowl so hot you gotta be careful when you remove it. Watch those fingers. :)

Trypsy Summers

To achieve the conduction with the older classic and digit vapes you just preheat the empty bowl with a minute or two of hot air. It achieves the same effect as the hybrid. That is a bowl so hot you gotta be careful when you remove it. Watch those fingers. :)

I hear you with that extremely sensible piece of advice, my friend.

For what you have pointed out, is probably the one negative that I have with the Hybrid, for that appliance will burn you, for sure, if you ain't careful! Indeed with that in mind, I think they ought to have included a tamper, or some kind of implement, to assist when dealing with the hot bowl, try changing the reducer bowl out when it's scalding hot, you'll find that you have to be nifty and also be on point. Indeed, my friends and I, have a little game we now play when we are wrecked using the Hybrid, it's called 'changing the bowl - without getting burnt, in under a couple of minutes, let me tell ya, that shit would have James Bond sweating, and it'd certainly fuck up, Ethan Hunt, for sure. lol!

Pure Peace:leaf:

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
It very definitely has conduction heating. Take a look at the metal ring at the top of the unit. That ring heats up with the heating elements. The chamber inside the orange plastic piece has a flat on the bottom that makes thermal contact with the base ring when it's screwed down, so the heat transfers to the chamber. That heat then gets transferred to the top screen piece (inside the black plastic piece) when it's installed.

Below is a photo of mine with a thermo-couple poked down thru the black piece. It's bottoming out on the top of the screen, so it's not even getting down into the chamber. Note that I've only turned on the heat; I haven't touched the pump since plugging it in:

48360501422_195f38ecbe_o.jpg
My man! Coming through with data! You're right about the metal conduction ring. To that end, if you are using the whip and leaving the bowl on the Hybrid, are you actively vaporizing the herb and losing out? Obviously active convective vaping during the draw, but is there active conductive vaping from the bowl? I feel like during draw, the vaping process is all convection except for the thin layer of herb physically touching the sidewalls/screen, no? What does everyone think?

justcametomind

@Trypsy Summers performance from coffee shop vaporizers cannot be taken as an example because they could be full of debris on the inside and put under heavy and careless use for years.

On a different note, S&B removed the Apple Watch Crafty app AND it’s iPhone counterpart got substituted with the Crafty&Volcano one. So that you are exposed to the sexy silhouette of the Hybrid every time you open up the app. This was made in order to increase Vas other than cutting the cost of taking care of 3 apps instead of one. Maybe a smart watch app will come back sooner or later.

Last edited:

ejackyou

Hamilton
Why people want to waste time and money on all the glass/bubblers & crap, and all the cleaning :worms:
etc. I'll never figure, not when the system seems Perfectly Designed for 'bags' :chill::smug:

ejackyou,

Damn that pump is loud. The fan on my herbalizer is silent compared to that. I hope they can make it more quiet, I was looking to grab a Hybrid but I don't want to wake up my neighborhood up when I pack a bowl at 2am. That pump sounds like a dewalt air compressor.

key_investment,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
Top Bottom