Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

ondemander

How does this vape perform in the cold? Like 20-40F? My Ghost MV1 naturally takes 2 heat cycles to heat up in the cold, but my FF2+ unfortunately doesn't heat up until it gets up to about 40-50F+ outside without throwing errors lights.

ondemander,

JoeMama

I've been very happy with these. Still have to be a little careful, but they don't fall out nearly as easily;

I think some folks have also fashioned their own with a pair of scissors...just needs to be a very snug fit.
The DDavemods screens are fantastic. Full stop!

spindle

The DDavemods screens are fantastic. Full stop!

The vaped flower doesn't stick to the titanium screen which cuts down on maintenance. I purchased the mod back in May and just recently started to use it. Working great! I don't fill it to the brim so the stock screen/mesh doesn't fall off.

I only use the Go through water, and the glass bong I was using is a pain to clean. Also, I'm still having a problem getting 91% alcohol.

For the last month I've been using a mason jar bong from printpuffpass.com, the $30 Trekker model. It works great with the Go and I prefer that it's compact, low profile compared to a bong, and easy keep clean with dish soap and warm water - no alcohol needed. The only breakable part is the mason jar, and it's standard size so easy to replace.

The Trekker also includes a glass stem and glass bowl (not shown below), but there's no need to use them with the Go, and fewer parts to break, misplace or clean :)

Filling the jar half way with water works best.

H7S2r3r.jpg

Last edited:

Pablopicasso

No good experience for me from vivant c.s
Had a ambit and wanted to try a vleaf go and ordered directly from vivant 16 of agoust.
It cost me a lot of $ because of international package priority but when I was charged extra 35 euros from customs it was to much for my pockets and decided to return it (due to my rights to do so).
From agoust I'm waiting my refund ... Spoken with customer service and promes me that they will when the vape was back... But nothing from them.
Shame that I didn't had to try the vleaf but I enjoy a lot the ambit

Last edited:
Pablopicasso,
  • Sad
Reactions: LesPlenty

Dathlos

So, I've had this vape for a couple months now, and I think that it's got a couple flaws that hold it back from becoming my daily driver.

1. Battery size and declining performance with battery life. I would prefer a removable 18650 slot.

Straight up, this does not have enough power for me without being tethered to a power source. I can do maybe 15 rips before the battery gets too low to maintain the same coil temperatures, then I get wispy clouds until the device dies. It's perfect for portability, but what's the point if I have to keep it tethered to a block to power it constantly.

2. USB-B. I would prefer USB-C.

We gotta get to the industry standard of USB-C. It takes an hour to charge this battery if you don't pass-through vape.

3. Cap design. Kinda prone to dust, and prone to coming off.

What's going on here? The cap has a wobbly metal sleeve if you overpack, and an enormous area for cannabis dust to settle along the cap stem. It's just kinda dirty the whole time. I love the cap stem to mix the oven with, but it looks like the whole area will be kinda lightly dusted.

Perhaps moving the weed bowl into the cap and making the oven purely a heat source could work better, then the weed is contained in the cap and can be loaded very easily. Keep the metal sleeve at the bottom, thicken the stem capacity so you can pack in there, and add a screen to the mouthpiece tip.

4. Oven Capacity. A change I would like is either a pod system or tripling the oven capacity to a half gram.

This vape seems confused on the optimal style of use. It's stealthier than the Pax 3, looking nearly identical to a regular e-cig vape. A little harsh natively, but I don't mind because the oven is exceptionally powerful and can handle concentrate sandwiches. But it quickly becomes a paperweight on the go without also carrying more weed and having to focus on not spilling during a reload.

You pretty much have to use concentrates or pack extra bud because you will cook a flower bowl within 4 hits. If this was redesigned to contain pods, like the Mighty pods, it would be exceptional for travel. If not, a larger oven would let me pack for a longer day out without carrying extra shit.

While I know that the microdose capacity is the selling point of the vape, I'd prefer that capacity spent towards some easily reloadable pods.

All in all, a great value for the 40$ I paid for it. But a redesigned vaporizer with these recommendations would push the oven design over the top into Mighty territory. Right now, it's good for a quick hoot when I'm sick of my heating up my vapcap.

Last edited:
Dathlos,

Dathlos

For the price you could get 10x Vleaf for the price of a Mighty, battery problem fixed, but seriously, buy an extra or 2 and get the @DDave mod to fix most of your problems.
Yeah, I know, but I'm pretty excited about this post earlier in the thread. It looks like the redesign will have some of my gripes. I just got high and had my festivus lmao

@Kfirrer that is fantastic work!

Although as a manufacturer we do not recommend doing this for many reasons with the biggest being puncturing the Li-ion battery which can be very dangerous. I am sure you are aware of this but this is a general note for everyone who wants to tinker and customize. Make sure you have the knowledge and research with a thought out plan before tearing things apart.

That said your project is very creative and we want to send you a new Vleaf Go for your efforts. I will message you here.

We are in fact working on a box style Vleaf Go (2/pro?) with a removable battery very similar to your work and some of the comments here. Still in the early stages.

A question for you and everyone here is what would you like improved and changed on the second version of the Vleaf Go? Specifically bigger battery capacity/removable or more power? We will also improve the mouthpiece cooling. Let me know what you guys think as this product was made based on a lot of feedback. We will try our best to improve it while keeping the device affordable. -Vivant R&D

Glorg

Vleaf is pretty impressive so far for the cheap price, in designing a 2.0 I’d mainly like to see:
-bigger battery, I don’t really care if it’s removable as long as it’s waaaay longer lasting
- usb c and true pass through charging ( does this already have true pass through I haven’t actually confirmed this ? )
- the heater is awesome but the way the air is channeling into the bowl is causing the center of the weed to get waaaay quicker cooked/charred vs the edges, I believe this is due to the air moving along the edges much more quickly ( the middle is blocked ) if this airflow issue was fixed it could lead to much much more even abv cooking.
-fixed cap/screen issue, mine doesn’t really fall out but it’s an awkward design.
If these can all be fixed without a huge increase in price I think it could be an extremely popular vape.

floribud

@Vivant
My favorite things about the VLeaf Go
  • Instant On/Instant Off - this is like the mother of all features on this device., instant on convection Whatever you do with it you have to be able to pull it out of your pocket for a quick puff and put it back
  • Small bowl size + Scoop - this goes along with instant on for me. I love to just dip my VLeaf Go into my grinder, no loading tools needed
  • Cap Stir/Tamper - Having said that about no loading tool necessary it's great to have that little scoop/stir/tamp thing built into the mouthpiece (great touch)
  • Removablable/cleanable/replaceable heater unit
  • Mouthpiece is it's own WPA
The things I think are the core of the Vleaf Go. It's a great special purpose device.... having a quick one it. If I have glass around then it's maybe 4 hits to finish the bowl. Without glass I can really only take one nice long his before the vapor is too hot. Usually in the second hit I have to stop, not because I've had enough, but because it's too hot.

So if I'm working and maybe I've got a light sativa load, I can have a hit every 10min, half hour, whatever.... just a nice "pick me up". But I can't go on my normal ten minute dog walking loop and finish a bowl because it's just too damn hot. Even beyond the VLeaf Pro, it would be great if a cooling cap could be designed for the Go. I stuff my little silicone straw with few glass screens and those do take away some of the initial heat. Would be great to have some sort of spiral perhaps and a slightly longer mouthpiece so that there's not a direct airpath from the heater to the roof of your mouth. I've used that silicone mouthpiece to create a bit of a bend and even that helps. So if there was cooling in the regular Go I think it would make it a much better on the Go device, so your not forced into 1 hit, or tethered to a glass attachment

Finally in the Go Pro, I think some people might prefer a bigger bowl with capsules, but I still love the way you can scoop out of a grinder and have a very small bowl which among other things keeps the smell down a bit

Oh sorry that wasn't finally. I love the way the Vleaf Go does kief. The tiny bowl is excellent for that. However with kief I have to straigh to the highest temp and it takes a while to get it going. If you made a Pro with a bigger battery it might be nice to have more power for "kief mode". Especially after having some of my favorite bud. A lot of time I like to "chase it" with CBG kief, which is basically dirt cheap but really enhances the thc experience for me. With the rise of legal hemp and more states getting legal, I think kief will get much more popular as cheap concentrate. And the Vleaf Go is one of the few devices that you can just load with straight kief and enjoy.

joner

After 6 or 8 months, I feel the need to weigh in and say that I love this vape just the way it is. It is always in my pocket, and it is so portable and discreet that it has become likely my most used vape (besides maybe my e-nano at home). So let's say most used portable vape. It's just so easy to load, keep in pocket, take a quick hit or 5, dump it out, and reload for next time. I like the vapor quality of my dynavaps more, but the ease of use and stealthiness has me pulling out my Go more than my vapcap. I do carry both on my person at all times! The no glass design and cost of ownership also lends itself well to take out and about.

That being said, like anything, it is not perfect (even at what it is designed to do). I see three components that are ripe for upgrading.

For one - the battery, and it's management. It is just too little capacity, and performance drops off as it depletes. I combat this by carrying a battery pack and charging after every bowl. This does cut down on portability, but I just chuck that in my lunch bucket (which doubles as my weekend cooler 🍻), which coincidentally, I never seem to be without! Takes up very little space. The battery management/performance drop is a bigger problem for me. If it weren't for this, I could probably get away without the battery pack. So a replaceable 18650 (or 21700) would be very nice upgrade, along with consistent performance throughout battery depletion.

And for three - the short, straight vapor path to destination, and the consequential heat to be inhaled. I can manage the heat natively, but only on temp 1 (green). I am staunch native user for all my vapes. Some sort of cooling cap/mouthpiece would be great to see. I say this, but I also want to see the cap stay the same footprint. Perhaps a more hybrid style heating would also cut down on the amount of hot air to be drawn, I'm not a full blown convection die hard only fan. I can deal with hybrids and conduction only. These heating methods in an instant-on application would be nice to see.

Everything else I hope they keep the same for future generations! I love the form factor, flavor, vapor quality, portability, discretion, oven size, price, the loading funnel and cap stir stick! To be able to get all this at this price point just blows me away! From a guy who has a few of the toppest tier vapes, it's refreshing that this little guy is one of my most used! I'll be ordering a backup soon...

floribud

For one - the battery, and it's management. It is just too little capacity, and performance drops off as it depletes.

And for three - the short, straight vapor path to destination, and the consequential heat to be inhaled. I can manage the heat natively, but only on temp 1 (green). I am staunch native user for all my vapes. Some sort of cooling cap/mouthpiece would be great to see.
Preach Brother!

JoeMama

Greetings, all!

I’ve been loving my GO quite much. I have the new Hopper iO, too, and while that’s a beast, the GO gets WAY more use all day long. I love taking fresh hits instead of stirring and hitting again. And, I use the hopper to vape the ABV from the GO; I get a great “last hit” by packing it. For my use, I’ve found that 3 GO loads is equal to about 1 Hopper load - and I’m talking ABV.

What I’m concerned about is, how much life should I expect from the GO’s battery? I must charge it almost twice a day and deplete it to, guessing, 20% each time.

Curious if anyone has gone through using one device yet for its battery life alone?

spindle

I'm using a DV 2020m and noticed fewer hits/lower extraction compared to the Go. The DV has nice aesthetics, and has arguably better taste if that matters. Also, the DV also has much cooler vapor. BUT the DV screen lets particles pass through and for this reason I'll use with water only going forward. My freshly cleaned 10" glass bong got dirty quickly - nasty dark bits on the glass using the DV.

I use the DV for a full bowl vaping, screen in the maximum position, and when "finished" placed the AVB in my Go and got literally another 4 or 5 decent size puffs!

For DV heating I'm using ti tip and induction heater, with and without water. It clicks after the expected time so I assume the IH working fine.
I wasted some expensive medical flower using the DV before I tried this.

spindle,

spindle

How many seconds? I frequently do one extra second, but combusted once, experimented with re-heat immediately after second click and don't want that to ever happen again!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How many seconds? I frequently do one second, but combusted once, experimented with re-heat immediately after second click and don't want that to ever happen again!

If it's your very first heatup from cold it has quite a bit of leeway, but as it gets more heat soaked with consecutive hits you have to be mindful of that. I sometimes go 2-3 seconds past the click even on consecutive hits - some people mention going 5 seconds past but that might be pushing it unless its the first heat up. Some IH are more aggressive than others so this would come into play as well. The risk of combusting is definitely a turn off but I'd recommend experimenting with it some more . That said, there's nothing wrong with your current model of finishing loads in a temp controlled device. I sometimes run bowls from my manual vapes through a temp controlled model as well to check the extraction since it takes the risk out of pushing a "manual" vape too far.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: spindle

spindle

WIth the DV first cycle I let it click, and then immediately cool down. The subsequent cycles at 2 to 3 seconds worked great. There was no combustion, and using the AVB in the Go yielded no additional puffs, so it appears that extraction was complete. I'll still respect the click, but the click + 2 (or 3). Thanks for the advice Invertedisdead.

The Go is a very capable device. The bowl size is perfect, and arguably easier to use than a DV. The Go is easier to clean and maintain, but the DV is likely better for flavor, if that matters to you.

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Vleaf is pretty impressive so far for the cheap price, in designing a 2.0 I’d mainly like to see:
-bigger battery, I don’t really care if it’s removable as long as it’s waaaay longer lasting
- usb c and true pass through charging ( does this already have true pass through I haven’t actually confirmed this ? )
- the heater is awesome but the way the air is channeling into the bowl is causing the center of the weed to get waaaay quicker cooked/charred vs the edges, I believe this is due to the air moving along the edges much more quickly ( the middle is blocked ) if this airflow issue was fixed it could lead to much much more even abv cooking.
-fixed cap/screen issue, mine doesn’t really fall out but it’s an awkward design.
If these can all be fixed without a huge increase in price I think it could be an extremely popular vape.
it does have pass through correct

Corvoed,
Reactions: OF

OF

it does have pass through correct
No, it does not. Nor does any vape or similar device where the 'charger' can't provide enough power to run it. In this case by a lot? In this case it takes say 10 times (?) as much time to recharge the battery than the charged battery will run the vape.

Otherwise, welcome to the Forum.

Regards to all,

OF

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
No, it does not. Nor does any vape or similar device where the 'charger' can't provide enough power to run it. In this case by a lot? In this case it takes say 10 times (?) as much time to recharge the battery than the charged battery will run the vape.

Otherwise, welcome to the Forum.

Regards to all,

OF
I must have a special unit then, because I am currently charging it and hitting it. I've been doing so ever since I got the device with no apparent problems. However that may be taken.

Corvoed,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom