Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

OF

Excellent, Vicki, thanks. Bummer about the ISO shortage (everyone making hand sanitizer......), never occurred to me since I changed to PBW years ago and now literally use ISO a drop at a time for wipedowns.

However, IMO there's an even better way to keep small bubblers like yours (and mine) clean if you have a dishwasher you run anyway? I use a plastic funnel and short tube to catch the wash/rinse water and drain it through the bubbler (or stem, etc). By using tube to raise the funnel a few inches higher there's a 'head' to provide pressure to keep the water (and detergent) moving through the bubbler. A bit of fiddling to find the spot where lots of water drains down (corners in my case) and the bubbler comes out squeaky clean inside and full or rinse water (which you should rinse out before use).

Dishwasher detergent is very aggressive (since you don't contact it with your skin like with dish soap), and the washer heats it up in use making it even more effective.

A true 'lazy man's way' of keeping it clean and in service. The machine does all the work in under an hour.

Thanks again for the video, it's sure to be useful to folks considering this useful little guy.

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Excellent, Vicki, thanks. Bummer about the ISO shortage (everyone making hand sanitizer......), never occurred to me since I changed to PBW years ago and now literally use ISO a drop at a time for wipedowns.

However, IMO there's an even better way to keep small bubblers like yours (and mine) clean if you have a dishwasher you run anyway? I use a plastic funnel and short tube to catch the wash/rinse water and drain it through the bubbler (or stem, etc). By using tube to raise the funnel a few inches higher there's a 'head' to provide pressure to keep the water (and detergent) moving through the bubbler. A bit of fiddling to find the spot where lots of water drains down (corners in my case) and the bubbler comes out squeaky clean inside and full or rinse water (which you should rinse out before use).

Dishwasher detergent is very aggressive (since you don't contact it with your skin like with dish soap), and the washer heats it up in use making it even more effective.

A true 'lazy man's way' of keeping it clean and in service. The machine does all the work in under an hour.

Thanks again for the video, it's sure to be useful to folks considering this useful little guy.

OF

Thanks! I hope it helps.

We don’t have a dishwasher. :(

Choices

Thank you @Vicki for your video review. Nice well behaved pooch. Sorry you don’t have a dishwasher. I wonder if Vivant plans to do a half price or 42% off sale here soon for 4/20. I’ve usually waited to get their products at that time, mainly the original Vleaf to give out to others. Perhaps I will get one now and try it out before possibly ordering more during the sale. Plus I trust @OF to give a honest view of the device so why not! Gotta get this economy going!

OF

Thanks! I hope it helps.

We don’t have a dishwasher. :(

PBW is still a useful option, what I used to do in fact. A pinch of PBW followed by the hottest water from the faucet. I put the WT in a bowl with hot water so it stays hotter. 5 or 10 minutes soak and rinse.

PBW was designed for Coors to clean brewery equipment that just like out WTs gets fouled by hydrocarbon junk and can't be disassembled. It's buffered to work well in the hardest water and has 'oxygen action' that gets under deposits. Good stuff. A pound from Amazon (or a local brewery supply) lasts many years:

OF

mephisto

Thanks for the reviews! At the price, and being legitimate convection it is an easy choice. I am always pulled to a thread that @Vicki or @OF post in, and they have not failed me once. Be safe FC!
The discount code provided works for 20% off. At this price, buy 2 and convert a flamer........

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I also received a GO from Vivant to test out and I like it a lot. I haven't had as much time as I would like to play with it but the time I have spent has been very satisfying. It is really convection heating and I always prefer that. It is very quick to get to temp and it mates well with water tools. I am not sure if the rubber cover for the mouthpiece is meant to cool it or used to adapt to glass, but I find the rubber makes the best seal so I use it for that.
Those who want to compare it to vapes like the Splinter are being a little unfair due to the price point being around half of the Splinter before you add the mod the Splinter needs. I would say the GO hits surprisingly well for it's price point and feel comfortable recommending it as a basic self contained portable convection vape.
I will come back with more impressions as I use it more.

OF

I apologize, but I don’t toke on camera.

Apologize??? While I much appreciate the manners, you contribute to this Forum mightily. Far past average, a clear standout in fact. The help you give others as it is is 'beyond price'. For no personal advantage. You've nothing to apologize for. Please continue to do what you so capably do, the world could use more like you fer sure.

Lady, yer a class act. Please don't think otherwise. Your contribution is valuable and much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards to all.

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Apologize??? While I much appreciate the manners, you contribute to this Forum mightily. Far past average, a clear standout in fact. The help you give others as it is is 'beyond price'. For no personal advantage. You've nothing to apologize for. Please continue to do what you so capably do, the world could use more like you fer sure.

Lady, yer a class act. Please don't think otherwise. Your contribution is valuable and much appreciated. Thank you.

Regards to all.

OF

Thanks. I really needed that right now. :)

OF

Thanks. I really needed that right now. :)

Yer welcome, fer sure. Too bad it 'needed saying' of course, but it surely is deserved. "In Spades" as they say. Go find a place nobody is watching and take a private bow. A well earned bow.

Sad too that you stand out (to those who care to notice), but such is what happens these days. Generally, We could well use more like you, and uncle @vitol. And our own surfer dude, @ataxian....... And all the rest of the white hats that give back more than they take. Private bows all around for all those who should know who they are?

Keep the faith. And keep up the good work.

OF

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
but would like to know what those 3 temps are!
Hello from Vivant. Green means 600℉,yellow means 625℉,red means 650℉.

I'm interested for sure but also curious what the temps are. Also interested what the power output is and the details on the materials
Hi from Vivant, Green means 600℉,yellow means 625℉,red means 650℉.. And what materials do you want to know?

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

Hello from Vivant. Green means 600℉,yellow means 625℉,red means 650℉.

Thanks for the information. I assume that is the result of some air temperature measurement taken at some arbitrary flow rate? Clearly it's not the temperature of the load as some might assume. More over, changing the flow rate will give different measurements? I'd also suggest that as the battery charge decays the heat does as well (that is it's not regulated)? What matters, of course, is the load temperature.

The temperature of the air coming out of the fire box in my home heater is interesting but not really useful. It's the room temperature at the thermostat that matters.

How was this measurement taken? I suspect with a thermocouple, and is therefore subject to instrumentation error? Unless compensated for heat lost up the leads is giving an artificially low reading.

This is a far different situation from normal (conduction) vapes where the body temperature is sensed 'in the loop' and sets the idle (maximum) temperature of the load?

Whatever the numbers, the results (which include coupling, heat loss, etc) speak for themselves. It work and works well.

Regards to all.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yer welcome, fer sure. Too bad it 'needed saying' of course, but it surely is deserved. "In Spades" as they say. Go find a place nobody is watching and take a private bow. A well earned bow.

Sad too that you stand out (to those who care to notice), but such is what happens these days. Generally, We could well use more like you, and uncle @vitol. And our own surfer dude, @ataxian....... And all the rest of the white hats that give back more than they take. Private bows all around for all those who should know who they are?

Keep the faith. And keep up the good work.

OF
@OF some of us are misunderstood?
What is important?

OF

I like the form factor and smaller chamber size, and I’ve been most impressed with the ambit.

if this device shared the same temp control settings, instead of the 3 fixed temperatures, I would buy in a heartbeat. Without, I don’t think this device will make it into my rotation.

I suggest they aren't the same thing. Ambit settings stop hundreds of degrees cooler than the claimed ones here?

Looks to me like Ambit is very 'Fury 2 like'?

Your call, of course, but IMO you might be missing a good call here? The price is low enough that even if it gets very modest 'special case' use it could be useful?

OF

OF

As far as 'on demand' goes it takes a second or so for the button press to be detected (as opposed to a quicker push for battery level) and maybe a second or two to 'full glow'. Since the bowl and load masses are small, the hot air heats up to 400F or so very quickly. You can be making vapor in well under ten second from pulling it out of your pocket. Hard to imagine it being much faster.

OF

So, out of curiosity more than anything else, I just tested this point. How 'on demand' is it? I said above 'well under ten seconds', the test I just ran said that should have been under five seconds. Five, probably less for most situations if that's the goal.

I did a cold start, with a roughly half filled bowl. I was mentally counting seconds and didn't make it past four. The load shifted up in the bowl as it normally does and the bottom of the load, facing the blast of hot air, gave near instant vapor and started darkening while the top looked fresh when I checked on it.

With care I think I can match this with MFLB but I can't think of any other vapes that can beat this guy for 'on demand'. Can anyone else? That alone should convince those looking for this feature to front up with the bucks and check it out?

FWIW a couple of other observations: I seem to be using about 300mAh per session. Meaning a theoretical 3 sessions per charge. But that doesn't really work that way since the first session is at a higher battery voltage. To get the same power (Volts times Amps) as the voltage decays you need to use more mA to compensate. In broad terms 400mAh as the voltage drops from 4 to 3 Volts? Plenty for a session or two, but IMO this guy calls for recharging after use and load change.

It also seems to me this thread is in the wrong group. This is a dry herb vape, not related or based on E-cigs like the vape pens for concentrates elsewhere in the group. IMO it belongs with the other portable vapes like say Grasshopper? I've sent a message to the Mods, hopefully the idea will be supported. There, I think, we'll get more exposure and more of our fellows will find out about the little fellow.

Regards to all.

OF

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
Hello guys, thanks for sharing your ideas about VLeaf GO. There is a quick guide from @DDave . Really thanks for that!

5 clicks = Turns Power On/Off

3 clicks = Start Session Mode, heater will power continuously.

2 clicks = Temperature mode, shows current setting.

2 clicks while in Temperature Mode = Rotate temperature settings Low (green), Medium (yellow), High (red).

1 click while in Session Mode = Stops Session Mode, heater will power down.

1 click (no mode) = Shows current battery charge state Low (red), Medium (yellow), High (green).

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hello guys, thanks for sharing your ideas about VLeaf GO. There is a quick guide from @DDave . Really thanks for that!

5 clicks = Turns Power On/Off

3 clicks = Start Session Mode, heater will power continuously.

2 clicks = Temperature mode, shows current setting.

2 clicks while in Temperature Mode = Rotate temperature settings Low (green), Medium (yellow), High (red).

1 click while in Session Mode = Stops Session Mode, heater will power down.

1 click (no mode) = Shows current battery charge state Low (red), Medium (yellow), High (green).
Gladly @Vivant Customer Service !

Apologies, seems I'm always late to the party!

My Views:
  • You have hit a home run with this vaporizer. I do not back many portable vaporizers, because I've not found many I would consider as my go to. This one's an easy pick for myself.
  • Aesthetics: The design appearance of the vaporizer is very pleasant. Color lends itself to stealth, but also has a very classy finish. The mouthpiece shape is comfortable to use, and with no adapter am able to utilize it on a female or male water pipe. It is a good overall size to hold, or store in a pocket. (Nice touch on the charging cable. Looks better than standard rubber-insulated cable).
  • Functionality: Once I had the basics down, I was easily able to use the unit.
  • Performance: The device has quick heatup. I love that you can see the glow of the oven!!!!!!! That the device doesn't get hot during use. Extraction is better than competing units.
  • Charge time: Approx 45 minutes. (If I was out and about, all I would need is two of these. One to carry with me, the other would be charging in the car!)

Be ready for another order! As I mentioned, I need two! :bowdown:

Oh, quick tip for those seeking dosing capsules. I use 00 empty vegetable capsules to hold doses and keep them in a 2"x3" ziplock. A loaded capsule is easy to open and empty into the herb chamber of this vaporizer without spilling a crumb. And being vegetable capsules, I don't feel bad about discarding them wherever I am, like out hiking, cause I know they're going to melt/dissolve anyway. 6-8 loaded capsules and this vape and I'm pretty much set for any adventure.

Top Bottom