• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vlad/508Phineas Glass thread

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just got finished with a very limited little run of these little octo guys,
I needed to do something a little different
I don't do these often but it always feels good to be creative, even as a maker.
octo1919.jpg

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So, I have a little side project going on here. I have a handful more of these than are in this pic made up but honestly there's a lot to the Tinymight and I'd love to hear some of your thoughts!

16mm-TMGlass2022.jpg

These restricted tip colored vigreux have a narrower inside diameter but thicker tube than comes stock and a fixed screen around 10-15mm from the wide end. The thicker glass helps a little bit with heat dissipation, but I didn't realize screen mods were a thing for the Tinymight :doh:

on a sidenote: I very much enjoy owning one of these units!

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
These look amazing. Your stems are great for my RBT devices so I would hop on getting one the first chance for my TM. I'd probably try a long and a short.

I don't use any fancy screen mods with my TM. Usually just a dome screen or the standard cooling unit. I suspect that your's would not need a CU at all?

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So, I have a little side project going on here. I have a handful more of these than are in this pic made up but honestly there's a lot to the Tinymight and I'd love to hear some of your thoughts!

16mm-TMGlass2022.jpg

These restricted tip colored vigreux have a narrower inside diameter but thicker tube than comes stock and a fixed screen around 10-15mm from the wide end. The thicker glass helps a little bit with heat dissipation, but I didn't realize screen mods were a thing for the Tinymight :doh:

on a sidenote: I very much enjoy owning one of these units!

These look amazing. Your stems are great for my RBT devices so I would hop on getting one the first chance for my TM. I'd probably try a long a short.

I don't use any fancy screen mods with my TM. Usually just a dome screen or the standard cooling unit. I suspect that your's would not need a CU at all?
Yeah I'm not personally into the restricted tip part of any of the stems I've tried but would love to have something portable for the TM that let me never use the cooling unit again. I also just use a dome screen with my upside down RBT stem wpa so whatever you mean by fixed screen likely doesn't apply to my usage either.

For me the best review for this new stem would be for someone to say it cools way better than the Grav upline, which fits nicely but is frankly bullshit for the bigger hits I prefer.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I also just use a dome screen with my upside down RBT stem wpa so whatever you mean by fixed screen likely doesn't apply to my usage either.

Actually by fixed screen he just means the basket screen is already in this vigreux stem, but there is no way to get it out, because you can't push from the opposite end as you normally would with the RBT WPA... So if you got one of these stems yes you would be using it haha

I think @Grass Yes correctly presumed screen mod as @Vlad the Inhaler said to mean that inner mod that some people do to their TM that I never bother to try, when they put a rimmed basket screen inside the TM, to force themselves to have to load further away from the heater and have more metal between it and the load... Yeah I think most people don't use that, but anyone who does, wouldn't be able to use it with these stems?

For me the best review for this new stem would be for someone to say it cools way better than the Grav upline, which fits nicely but is frankly bullshit for the bigger hits I prefer.

Haha yeah I feel like that is easy to accomplish because that upline stem doesn't really offer any cooling at all? Just some narrowing longer pathway... I think the narrower opening here will help with cooling along with the spikes however, I also find it more comfortable than the wider opening, but the wider opening gives you more airflow and could mean a harsher hit with a short path?

Anyway these look great and I'm looking forward to trying a short and long one for myself soon, and I will of course report back with full detail how well they work :tup:

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@bossman @Grass Yes @Shit Snacks

Thanks for the advice and feedback! There's definitely more nuance to this than I had anticipated, but from what it sounds like, the design I have will work for most users as-is?

About the fixed screen:
The screen isn't 100% fixed in place, with a little finesse its definitely a removable and serviceable part, but since the glass is a little different than stock TM stems I'm not sure that the screens they use would fit, you can kind of see in the picture there is a little indent in the glass about 15mm in that holds the screen in position minimally obstructing the airpath. This is nice because it keeps the screen in place in case you want to stir or poke around in there, the minimal obstruction close to the screen also helps a little for more even extraction by exposing more area to the Tinymight's "might."

About the restricted tip:
I can definitely do more styles in the future, I opted for the restricted tip in these because as @Shit Snacks mentioned it does help with the feel of the cooling, but that's good to know that its a thing people would want for future batches.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Has anyone heard from @Vlad the Inhaler recently? I dm’d him on instagram & here earlier this week about getting a couple of TM cooling stems but haven’t heard back yet. It’s only been a few days so I should just chill, it’s not like I really need them anyway! :D I’m a silly VAAS primate.

Shit Snacks

Has anyone heard from @Vlad the Inhaler recently? I dm’d him on instagram & here earlier this week about getting a couple of TM cooling stems but haven’t heard back yet. It’s only been a few days so I should just chill, it’s not like I really need them anyway! :D I’m a silly VAAS primate.

Yeah, I messaged him the other day with a photo that he liked, he's just busy, normal to not get back right away, you can follow up if it's been several days though too...

Always worth the wait, I bought out his stock of light blue and purple to make these coolers:
PXL-20220506-014204687.jpg

PXL-20220506-014158504.jpg

Obviously he totally crushed it on all of them, I have u turn adapters that can make them into J hooks, but they are also great as mouthpiece coolers, but my favorite is to use them with a 45° angle adapter as a mouthpiece on one of my modular water pieces:
PXL-20220616-053233398.jpg

The TM stems are working great too, like the RBT stems, just love the style and the colors, hoping for some injector bowls in the future when he has the time...

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Yeah, I messaged him the other day with a photo that he liked, he's just busy, normal to not get back right away, you can follow up if it's been several days though too...

Always worth the wait, I bought out his stock of light blue and purple to make these coolers:
PXL-20220506-014204687.jpg

PXL-20220506-014158504.jpg

Obviously he totally crushed it on all of them, I have u turn adapters that can make them into J hooks, but they are also great as mouthpiece coolers, but my favorite is to use them with a 45° angle adapter as a mouthpiece on one of my modular water pieces:

The TM stems are working great too, like the RBT stems, just love the style and the colors, hoping for some injector bowls in the future when he has the time...
What’s the price range for those bad boys?

Shit Snacks

What’s the price range for those bad boys?

I don't know, because he can't make them anymore now lol seriously though I forgot what I paid, since I was getting so much, spread out over different orders too, all customized in exclusive color, so don't even know if it was a standard price or what, but he has the plain versions in clear and I think they're around $45 maybe? Just hit him up

Top Bottom