Vlad/508Phineas Glass thread

kuzko

Puffco Peak, Focus Carta V, and KandyPens Oura are all e-dab rigs that are great for custom glass.

If you want to get into cooling glass mouthpieces, there are several 510 based vapes with a demand i.e. Splinter, Milaana, Lil Bud, Musa, Imp, Stempod.

Custom glass bodies are always a nice option for Dynavap tips as well.

Im sure there are plenty more vapes with custom glass potential. Hopefully more people can chime in.

The Mighty could always use a glass mouthpiece that actually clicks into the unit rather than just slides in loosely.

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Awesome, thanks for the nudge in the right direction kuzko!

I'm still in the process of getting my glassblowing shop set up. The place I previously rented shop space from got shut down over the summer due to some fire code violations (this kind of thing happens more than you think in smaller glass shops) but life goes on. I found a new space to rent that should have a bench opening up soon. I should have a better idea this Saturday though and this new space should give me access to some new equipment that I can do some cool things with in the near future.

flammy

Puffco Peak, Focus Carta V, and KandyPens Oura are all e-dab rigs that are great for custom glass.

If you want to get into cooling glass mouthpieces, there are several 510 based vapes with a demand i.e. Splinter, Milaana, Lil Bud, Musa, Imp, Stempod.

Custom glass bodies are always a nice option for Dynavap tips as well.

Im sure there are plenty more vapes with custom glass potential. Hopefully more people can chime in.

The Mighty could always use a glass mouthpiece that actually clicks into the unit rather than just slides in loosely.

This a pretty good list of vapes that custom glass could work for. I would perhaps consider starting with Dynavap stems. The dynavap community is very large and has been supportive of artisan accessories such as stems for a long time. Heady cooling stems for the Dynavap would be cool.

The good thing about the 510 mod based vapes is that they are typically run off a standard stem size so a stem made for one should also work for another. Heady cooling stems would be cool here as well.

Perhaps entertain the idea of selling a few on Entexchange, Reddit's marketplace for Cannabis related items. This will provide you some good exposure. Several accessory makers have gotten their start there and are still doing well. The Vaporents sub on Reddit is another forum where you might get a sense as to what people might be looking for.

Wish you the best.

Verax

I have been using a lot of vapes that accept n 18mm male joint as the bowl. (Milaanas, TretraX, Tubo, etc...)

One problem - on occasion, while stiring, the screen will become dislodged, and my herb will dump down through, into my water pipe. (which sucks)

I'm getting tired of dealing with screens in those. I would love to see someone create stems for standard 18mm, with a "glass screen" built in. (I would probably still throw on a regular screen on top, but having a glass screen under, would solve the problem described above).

Epic Vapes offers this as a "fixed screen" stem for their stems (https://epicvape.com/e-nano-stems/) , but I would love to see an 18/18 male/male joint, and some other varieties, which I have not seen anywhere yet.

just my $.02

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Splinter lineup performs best with the thick XLR8 stems that Ryan used to make. A bent dimpled cooling stem would be a useful option. I could even see a modified jhook so a 510 device would become just a heater you cap on it during your hit and then sit the vape and pipe down separately. You'd want the pipe to sit up on its own though.

Bubblers too though, sure!

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@bossman that sounds super doable, do most of the 510 vapes take an 18mm GonG joint? I actually own a splinter z so that might be something to experiment with in the very near future.

@Simple10 what would you like to see for the Huni Badger?

Also as a general shout out, a picture is worth a thousand words to me so I encourage people to either post pictures or PM me images, I'm a very visually oriented person when it comes to glass. (Measurements too if you have them!)

Vlad the Inhaler,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman that sounds super doable, do most of the 510 vapes take an 18mm GonG joint? I actually own a splinter z so that might be something to experiment with in the very near future.
Yeah but the Splinters are 19/19 and not 19/22 like the Tubo. The Glow and the Imp come in a 14mm variant too though.

If you were able to test the thicker glass XLR8 stems Ryan at RBT used to dimple by hand you'd appreciate the extra cooling.

The modified jhook concept might not be what folks prefer in practice, I'm not sure. The XL8R stem length creates a regrettable wizard wand look in use and just personally I'd like to have the thick glass and dimpled cooling in something shorter so the total stack height of mod, Z, and cooling stem isn't too crazy. I'm thinking thick glass that let's a straight stem be maybe an inch shorter is all.

That said, whenever I've tried a short XL8R cooling stem at home I've ended up putting it down in favor of the longer one because for me big, smooth hits are a large part of the Splinter and Splinter Z experience.

F-UCTD

I'd love custom bubblers for the Vapcap. My favourite at the moment is the Grav conical bubbler. If that design could be improved on and made in smoked glass, I'm sure you would have lots of customers.

flammy

@Simple10 what would you like to see for the Huni Badger?

Also as a general shout out, a picture is worth a thousand words to me so I encourage people to either post pictures or PM me images, I'm a very visually oriented person when it comes to glass. (Measurements too if you have them!)

Do you have exemplars of your work for us to reference?

flammy,
Reactions: OyVape

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@flammy I don't have much posted but you can check out my Instagram (@508phineas), I have a couple UD vape stems I've done over the years but unfortunately I don't have a lot of reference pictures. I'm not sure when this is going to drop but I did some custom stems for Underdog a while back that they're going to release down the line. I also have made some imp and Dynavap stems. I'd rather not do imp stems before clearing it with @mistvaporizer as I know him (though he probably doesn't know its me on here) , he's a small startup and I really don't want to cut into his business.

The modified jhook concept might not be what folks prefer in practice, I'm not sure. The XL8R stem length creates a regrettable wizard wand look in use and just personally I'd like to have the thick glass and dimpled cooling in something shorter so the total stack height of mod, Z, and cooling stem isn't too crazy. I'm thinking thick glass that let's a straight stem be maybe an inch shorter is all.

thanks that's good info! I tend to agree on the splinter(Z) I have some ideas id like to try but again I'm still waiting to get my glassblowing bench set up. My workshop should be set up at the end of the month though so hang tight on that.

@F-UCTD I'm not sure what you mean by smoked glass?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@flammy I don't have much posted but you can check out my Instagram (@508phineas), I have a couple UD vape stems I've done over the years but unfortunately I don't have a lot of reference pictures. I'm not sure when this is going to drop but I did some custom stems for Underdog a while back that they're going to release down the line. I also have made some imp and Dynavap stems. I'd rather not do imp stems before clearing it with @mistvaporizer as I know him (though he probably doesn't know its me on here) , he's a small startup and I really don't want to cut into his business.

thanks that's good info! I tend to agree on the splinter(Z) I have some ideas id like to try but again I'm still waiting to get my glassblowing bench set up. My workshop should be set up at the end of the month though so hang tight on that.

@F-UCTD I'm not sure what you mean by smoked glass?

Can't speak for fuctd but when I say smoked glass I just mean this grey color that's an option from RBT:
https://www.rastabuddhatao.com/product-p/smkooling.htm

bossman,
Reactions: F-UCTD

F-UCTD

bossman that's exactly what I meant, but I wouldn't mind it even in a darker grey, I own a lot of black vapes for stealth purposes and the dark grey would definitely fit the aesthetic.

F-UCTD,
Reactions: RxPlorer

RxPlorer

Hello Vlad, can’t wait to see your work from the new shop!

If you want to get into cooling glass mouthpieces, there are several 510 based vapes with a demand i.e. Splinter

Definitely this. Having just gotten into the RBT scene I’m surprised at how few 19/19 cooling stems exist.

not to take anything from other great designs at all, but it would be nice to see more short cooling stems like the nub, maybe even a short/fat stem that closely matches the wider diameter of the 510 heater bodies to get some length on the vapor path while still keeping the whole body short. No idea how complicated that is... I know nothing about glass!

Last edited:

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
These are some UD stems I've made for myself over the years for anyone interested. I apologize in advance, I am

A) unsure of how to share a picture on here
B) terrible at taking pictures in the first place :doh:

CQy9LHs

ATrnwN5

tajNl75

ur1VPca

NSd0o1Q

xQnmw7z

Vlad the Inhaler,

kuzko

These are some UD stems I've made for myself over the years for anyone interested. I apologize in advance, I am

CQy9LHs

ATrnwN5

tajNl75

ur1VPca

NSd0o1Q

xQnmw7z
Can’t see any pictures. You need to upload pictures to an imaging host first then paste the link in your post. Imgur no longer works on FC, imgbb.com is a good one.

kuzko,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

xQnmw7z

Some of those are really nice. Have you ever made stems that fit the Dynavap tips? I might be interested in some that I can use with my Woodscents log.

Vlad the Inhaler

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Can’t see any pictures. You need to upload pictures to an imaging host first then paste the link in your post. Imgur no longer works on FC, imgbb.com is a good one.

I hope these actually post this time I used imgbb this time and tried to follow instructions I found on FC, I'm still new to this forum posting thing.

@Ramahs I have made some dynavap stems in the past and its something I'd definitely like to do more of but I need a dynavap tip to experiment with. As for the woodscents we'd need to find out what diameter the stem needs to be. TLDR: yes I can make them, but I need more information.

Moving into my new shop over the next couple days and getting a delivery of fresh materials today! Stay tuned for more glass! I ordered stuff to do a couple 19/22 cooling stems and some more UD stems.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
As for the woodscents we'd need to find out what diameter the stem needs to be.

The Woodscents stems use the Dynavap Tips. You can use anything you want for a Woodscents log stem, as long as it fits a Dynavap tip.

That's why I have two Woodscents logs, and will probably be in the market for a third after the holidays!

^ Are those supposed to be Ood heads, or simply Octopuses?

Ramahs,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom