Vivant Ambit VS POTV one

I've narrowed down my choices to 2 portable vapes, the one and ambit. Which one do you guys recommend? I like the attachments of the POTV one and I like the power and price of the ambit but I have a few questions for both.

Are they convection?
Do either have pass thru charging?
How's the air flow on them?
Is there any problems to look out for?
Anything to add that I forgot?
Just wanna make the right choice

I kinda like combusrion,

Vaporware

If you want to stop liking combustion (which is a good move for your health and your stash) there are worse places to start than the two you listed, but I would just go straight to something better.

Here are a few solid recommendations you could buy and get soon ranging from like $75 to $500 (most $200 to $300 but all worth the price):

Portable convection:
  • TinyMight (great performance, very popular, but check the thread for CS issues)
  • Tetra P80 (solid performance with a glass covered heater but hard to get because they sell out fast)

Portable conduction/hybrid:
  • Firewood 7 (just starting to get the attention it should)
  • VapCap (good performance with small loads, works well for a lot of joint smokers, can be cheap - induction heaters, etc. are options if you don’t like flames)

Desktop convection:
  • VapBong (powerful, popularity’s exploding, might be sold out for a little while)
  • FlowerPot (nearly indestructible, hard hitting, bong-like usage, can dab along with flower on the VRod version)
  • Herborizer (similar to FP, more fragile but similar performance and probably better flavor)
  • Log (several good makers, smaller loads but good performance)

Desktop hybrid:
  • Supreme V6 (very fast and thorough extraction, another that converts a lot of smokers)

There are plenty of other good to great options too, but every one of these has solid performance and has earned a lot of fans. They’re all worth a look.

If you need a portable, all things considered right now I would go with a Firewood 7 ($210) or a VapCap (~$75 for the M but can be more or less depending on stems, etc.), otherwise desktops have more power than a battery can provide and I think they’re generally the best value over time.

In case you’re sticking to your list this time, I hear more good things about the One (and the Fury and all of the other almost identical rebrands), but the Ambit has some supporters too. They’re both just...not what I’m looking for and they’re not going to blow everyone away. If you get one and it disappoints you, check out some things from the list above before you give up on vaporizing. :)

Oh, and there is a way to request a name change in your account settings if you ever change your mind. :lol:

Edit: I forgot to include Sticky Bricks and others where the air is directly heated by a torch. They’re fast and effective, some are pretty portable.

Check out O’Connell and Lamart (same maker as Tetra) for some of the smallest I’ve seen if you need portability. Also Pipescents by Ed's TnT (who also makes the WoodScents log) which is obviously more of a pipe form factor.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Fury Edge is maybe 20% convection overall. the heater beneath the chamber is too small. it's mostly conduction device
I owned Fury 2 and I would buy it again only if I'd need some small device for outdoor, but still would prefer Vleaf Go maybe. for home usage, get something else. bigger heater.

check Vleaf GO maybe, 100% convection but i can't gurantee about the taste there, check the thread

I heard good things about the Ambit, especially for hash vaping, from a friend. but never tried one

Easywider

Simple is the way
Hahaha let the rabbit hole begin!

for a battery powered portable budget vape I would also suggest the Vleaf go over the ambit. You can probably find a sale or a code that prices it less than the ambit. Check the thread, people seem to dig it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Are they convection?
Do either have pass thru charging?
How's the air flow on them?
Is there any problems to look out for?

Hi, & welcome to FC!

In regards to the POTV One, like previously said, predominantly conduction, but I don't find the vapor harsh or oppressive like I did with a conduction vape like the vapcap.

No pass thru charging.

Air flow is great.

No probs to watch out for.

I've had this for over a year now & it's predominantly my outside the house vape. I am very happy with. When it's time to replace after the warranty expires, I'll either re-buy or go with the Fury Edge because of its slightly larger battery capacity.

Never used the Ambit, but I don't like sucking on a straw-type mouthpiece, & from reviews, the mp gets hot.

Send a pm (i.e. start a conversation) to @Stu & have him fix the spelling of combustion in your username.

justcametomind

Fury Edge is maybe 20% convection overall. the heater beneath the chamber is too small. it's mostly conduction device
I owned Fury 2 and I would buy it again only if I'd need some small device for outdoor, but still would prefer Vleaf Go maybe. for home usage, get something else. bigger heater.

check Vleaf GO maybe, 100% convection but i can't gurantee about the taste there, check the thread

I heard good things about the Ambit, especially for hash vaping, from a friend. but never tried one
I don’t own an Edge but Fury 2 was my go-to vape for years, and it still would be, if pandemic didn’t stop my outdoor vaping. Having used it a lot, I wouldn’t say conduction/convection is 80/20, pretty much the opposite. I use it often as a on demand vape, taking one hit and switching it off, if conduction was so dominant I’d have roasted most of my loads while not hitting. There is some conduction but this never happened at a high rate, considering the hits I can get this way from a F2 bowl, while it happens on Crafty/Mighty, also for the longer heating time.
Did HR fucked up the Edge development so much that it’s less capable than Fury 2?

Ahhhhhhhh thanks for the comments guys but I'm still kinda not getting a straight answer. Buck for buck which is better? They seem so equal yet so different

I kinda like combusrion,

Vaporware

Sorry, I intentionally never bought either one. :shrug: I don’t think they’re *bad*, I just don’t think they’re exactly...not. :\ Especially for someone who still combusts, they’re not the most likely to convince you that vaporizers can get the job done and be an all around great experience.

Since you’re stuck on those two though, I think you already had your answer when you said “They seem so equal yet so different”.

That’s a common issue that leads a lot of us to try a variety of different devices, and I think you’re the only one who can decide which ones are worth trying to you.

If you do buy the One, consider adding a cooling stem at some point (or use screens to add glass balls inside the stem) since I hear it can be a bit hot with the straight mouthpiece.

Good luck with whatever you try, just know these are not what *most* people would use as their main method of consumption if they have higher end options. Some people really love them though, so maybe you will too. :)

Top Bottom