Venty by Storz & Bickel

bomatt

Wish I had the money for this. $450 is a lot for a portable. I think we can all agree on that. The thing is, S&B can get away with it. Super over engineered vaping experiences come with their products. That for me, justifies the price. But for me to get one my Crafty would have to go to shit or hit the lottery.

I like the way it looks. I’ve heard some ppl say they’re not sure if they like the looks or not. It’s different for sure, but all their products kind of push normal vaporizer design the other way.

AndyO

I like the way it looks. I’ve heard some ppl say they’re not sure if they like the looks or not. It’s different for sure, but all their products kind of push normal vaporizer design the other way.

I was one of those making fun of the walkie-talkie/hair clipper look they'd gone with, but when you get it in the hand it so doesn't matter. It's got such good form factor, it fits and balances so well in the hand, it could look like a dick for all I care.

FlyingJustice

Anyone have any case recommendations that can fit a grinder + Venty? Got this one on Amazon but I forgot how THICC my bcg is

unnamed.jpg

FlyingJustice,

DaftVaper

Venty was working fine, received the firmware update email and did the firmware update 1.07 straight away, still working fine until today (9 days later)....screen now shows EO4 then powers off. RMA started. Anyone else had same problem since doing the firmware update?

justcametomind

Just got my new Venty. I was under the impression that RMA'd Ventys were returned with a new carrying case. I didn't get one. On the S&B web site under my return it even had a picture of the Venty with a carrying case. Oh, well.
Does anyone know if I have to re-register my new device? Or does S&B do it automatically?
The people who had to brick their Venty after being told to do so, received a free case and 30€ credit. This doesn’t mean every Rma gets you any of that. It was something for the people who bought the first Venty batch, in which every unit had to be deactivated.
Anyone have any case recommendations that can fit a grinder + Venty? Got this one on Amazon but I forgot how THICC my bcg is

unnamed.jpg
I read that a SB official mighty case would fit a Venty and a SB grinder. I would never bring such a grinder outside, I usually go with some capsules and/or canisters with grinded weed of different strains

FlyingJustice

I read that a SB official mighty case would fit a Venty and a SB grinder. I would never bring such a grinder outside, I usually go with some capsules and/or canisters with grinded weed of different strains

I think that's what I'm gonna do, just grind at home and pack in doob tubes. If I dropped my BCG, I would die a little on the inside

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I think that's what I'm gonna do, just grind at home and pack in doob tubes. If I dropped my BCG, I would die a little on the inside

The link below is just for a soft neoprene case, that someone here recommended way back in the BCG thread.
It almost seems like it was specifically made for the LARGE BCG grinder. I gifted a few for friends that bought the LARGE BCG on my recommendation. I mean it FITS PERFECTLY, so if you ever wanted to take your grinder with you, it doesn’t add much volume, and protects it. Especially, if you were one of the bold ones to get the mirror finish GCG…..

Milka

Venty was working fine, received the firmware update email and did the firmware update 1.07 straight away, still working fine until today (9 days later)....screen now shows EO4 then powers off. RMA started. Anyone else had same problem since doing the firmware update?

Most likely your device would E04 whether you did the update or not. E04 is a generic error for all of the firmware and hardware related issues.

The 01.07 update fixed only some of the firmware related issues, unfortunately not all of them.

justcametomind

Pressing the ”+” temperature button while on Er04 would display the reason why the vape is malfunctioning. That’s still not great help now, but in the long term if we keep collecting the codes, we could tell which are the most common ones perhaps be able to argue what they mean.

FlyingJustice

The link below is just for a soft neoprene case, that someone here recommended way back in the BCG thread.
It almost seems like it was specifically made for the LARGE BCG grinder. I gifted a few for friends that bought the LARGE BCG on my recommendation. I mean it FITS PERFECTLY, so if you ever wanted to take your grinder with you, it doesn’t add much volume, and protects it. Especially, if you were one of the bold ones to get the mirror finish GCG…..

Wow that looks like it was specifically made for the BCG haha, thank you for the link!

FlyingJustice,

SockPuppetTheatrics

Been using the Venty for a couple of months now, and it's definitely my vape of choice if I'm with another person (easy to pass & zero learning curve) and / or out & about (not the most pocketable portable ever, but it's fine in a small bag); if I'm at home and solo, I'll usually go with the Anvil and / or Tempest (Anvil wins on microdosing efficiency; Tempest wins on flavor).

Couple of tweaks I've picked up, mostly from here and r/vaporents:
- AVLP dosing caps are a better size (YMMV, but I have a low tolerance and find the S&B caps to be too large) with slightly lower capacity, fit the width of the oven better, and have smaller perforations so they don't let as many particles out (side note: you may occasionally have to lever the cap out of the chamber with the flat part of the S&B pick tool if you let the cap cool down in there, but it comes out easily)
- This pill case holds all six dosing caps (I think it could be the tiniest bit narrower, since there's a bit of play and the caps can go in at an angle if you drop them in one at a time instead of stacking them)
- It turned into summer over the past couple of days, and I noticed the stock mouthpiece getting pretty hot after a while (hot enough that it's uncomfortable on the lips); the Simrell Venty MP adapter makes the Venty compatible with any DV-sized stem / body
- I can't say enough good things about the stem I got from @khelek41girl (KGWoodcrafts); it fits the Venty adapter perfectly, has an airport for optional extra cooling, and is strikingly gorgeous. I filled it with a few boro balls held in place with a screen for additional cooling

zatonic

Anyone successful in microdosing with this thing on a regular?
330 produces very flavorful wispy vapor with full open. Great for a quick hit at work without feeling too stoney.

Anyone find a slim padded case? I'm not in love with the oem case. Maybe even a 3d printed hard-shell just so you can throw it in a bag or something and not worry.

zatonic,
  • Love
Reactions: Rodney

Honestly it feels like everyone over complicates this to me. I can easily put a little scoop in - probably 1/3-1/2 of the oven and it works perfectly fine. Don’t even pack it down or anything. I’ve done this often and it works great if I’m not up for a full ovens worth.

Everyone else is looking for modifications to do this but I just don’t think it’s necessary :shrug: I guess YMMV though

Honestly it feels like everyone over complicates this to me. I can easily put a little scoop in - probably 1/3-1/2 of the oven and it works perfectly fine. Don’t even pack it down or anything. I’ve done this often and it works great if I’m not up for a full ovens worth.

Everyone else is looking for modifications to do this but I just don’t think it’s necessary :shrug: I guess YMMV though

I agree, it seems like it works regardless of how you pack it. I usually do 1-2 scoops with my delta 3d tool and then just tamp it down a little. I do find that if I pack less, I sometimes end up pulling the herb against the CU screen and will find it stuck to the screen when I dump the bowl. But it still vapes fine even when that happens.

I've never used a dosing capsule and don't plan to; it's so easy to load straight into the bowl and there's zero mess if you dump it as soon as you're done when it's still hot. Pops right out in a perfectly even AVB ball and then just quickly brush out the bowl and CU screen and you're good to go.

This is still my driver ~6 months in. I feel like the Venty has made me super lazy when it comes to vaping. It's such an easy way to get high, and even just pulling out a bong to use with another vape feels like too much work sometimes. :lol:

RadarV00

I'm not asking anybody to try this, but can the Venty handle a typical/standard/Ooopsie Smartphone Drop Test?
I just got mine yesterday and am really enjoying the Ego-monic feel. This thing feels solid.

RadarV00,

justcametomind

I would like to but I’m still struggling to do so.
For the time being I raised my tolerance to sky high levels and don’t micro dose anymore lol. I just pack a cap with hemp and throw in some thc weed on top when I do.
I used to micro dose (20/3/40mg) on the Mighty with ease because it had more conduction. The Venty doesn’t have that much imho and it underperforms on that scenario. Loading 1/3 or 1/2 of a bowl is not a problem for me either but I don’t consider that like a microdose. I tried everything, Ti and SS caps, no caps, next thing I’m going to try will be Airvape Legacy pro caps which some one recommended a few posts ago.
I’m not using any other vape as well since November. It makes the same amount of a desktop heavy hitter and the fact S&B didn’t follow the glowing resistance heater route to produce an on demand vape, made me instantly think that all those vape with glowing coils and instant on demand are considerably less safe than a Volcano or a Venty: another reason to use the Venty more than anything else.
I bought an Anvil to see what all the fuss was about and to see if it made the same amount of vapor of a Supreme. It doesn’t but was a nice compromise of ease of use/amount of vapor. The Venty got that spot, no need to torch, no restricted airflow, zero effort heavy hitter (or sipper, you decide the airflow).

Last edited:

AndyO

I used to micro dose (20/3/40mg) on the Mighty with ease because it had more conduction. The Venty doesn’t have that much imho and it underperforms on that scenario. Loading 1/3 or 1/2 of a bowl is not a problem for me either but I don’t consider that like a microdose. I tried everything, Ti and SS caps, no caps, next thing I’m going to try will be Airvape Legacy pro caps which some one recommended a few posts ago.

Since getting my Venty I've been fortunate to not have any issues, so my biggest complaint is that I think the Venty loses a lot more performance coupled with dosing capsules than the Mighty+ does, which I didn't think lost much performance at all.

I wonder if it's to do with this conduction/convection issue.

It's changed my whole ability to take vapes with me on the go, and when I do it's changed my whole routine around it - it's unfortunately not as easy as filling a magazine with 8 dosing caps for the day any more :(

AndyO,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
the fact S&B didn’t follow the glowing resistance heater route to produce an on demand vape, made me instantly think that all those vape with glowing coils and instant on demand are considerably less safe than a Volcano or a Venty
I believe the logic above is flawed. If you make a statement like this, it is likely to draw some response...

The fact that S&B used a particular material in one aspect does not mean all the others were less safe.
How about the aluminum bowl in Crafty's and Mighty's for years? Would that mean all others, even glass and ceramic bowls are less safe?

Mighty and Crafty's heater is a metal rod that gets hot when electricity runs through it. It doesn't glow like some other heat elements. But it is surrounded by plastic, as is the chamber, and that is the airpath. Do we assume then, plastic is the safest material for an airpath?

Disclosure, I have used Mighty's and Crafty's for years and I have near zero concerns for my safety when I do use them.

But I believe it is error to think they are the safest possible vape available simply because they are S&B.

XpeeN

whats unique imho is coming to an official SB thread and point out who trust the company or say their vapes are ok instead of bashing them.
You're talking like there aren't venty bricks everywhere lol. I said what I said based on the situation, you said whatever you said based on intuition while bashing most pure convection vapes out there. You want to trust them? Be my guest - but:
  • Don't bash other products like this without an actual proof, especially when we are at the fake news era.
  • Don't blame people who don't, based of evidence, because after all these bricks and err codes drama we have the right to do so.

Top Bottom