Venty by Storz & Bickel

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I noticed that the O-ring in the Venty in the pictures above has a orange O-ring.

My oring is also “blue”
i changed the oring... I think it matches

EDIT:

It was dirty...very dirty:doh:

Screenshot-20240129-235157-Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It was dirty...very dirty:doh:

So are you! :)

Since I seldom have anything better to do…..

After a session, while device is still warm,
I do the CU screen 1st, same as below, while bowl cools a bit more,

I take a Qtip, then dampen it with 190 ethanol.
With Venty UPSIDE DOWN (just in case so no ethanol can enter device),
I swab chamber and screen,
Leave it upside down for a minute or two, ethanol dries almost instantly!

Now I have a pretty clean Venty ready for my next session, and DELAYS the eventual DEEP SOAK clean.

BENEFIT: Cleaning the bowl & screen with Qtip and solvent while bowl is warm….
…. You won’t have to replace the bowl screen for a long time, and it has to be yanked out and usually discarded.

and… you won’t SEE spots that look like CHIPPING! :)

A clean vape, is a more FLAVORFUL vape!

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Since I seldom have anything better to do…..

After a session, while device is still warm,
After each session?? :lol:That's not for me... :cool:I still don't have that much free time...👔
On Venty I have always used the brush... and that was the problem
In my craftys I never used their brush... I used a tissue right after the session ... not always
As I said before, I had more than a dozen craftys and my bowls never looked like this.

But these coated bowls...I think it's bullshit!
And... what is the advantage?

See what they responded to me today, do you think it is possible to convert aluminum into ceramic? lol...I could even be wrong... I'm not a chemist:science:

Thank you for your message!

The ceramic coating of the filling chamber is a conversion of the aluminium surface into a ceramic.
Therefore the "coating" cannot peel off.

Smknbud

If I get one I'll go with Vgoodiez. I'm probably being paranoid but I don't mind paying a little extra to not have the anxiety of "who did I just give my money to, if I have a problem who do I talk to, and when will my sparkly thing actually arrive".
Not sure you're aware but the 10% off coupon found on VG site works. I went an ordered one this morning with the 10% off and then not having to pay sales tax it worked out to be 17% off vs getting a unit from S&B or POV where there is no discount and I get charged sales tax.

I really planned on waiting it out till 420 sales but, fuck it.....on its way. Won't get heavy usage but my Mighty is nearing retirement age and I've been a S&B fan and owner since the release of the Crafty/Mighty back in 2014.

brquad225

I've usually used my S&B portables mainly with dosing caps. The venty works well with them especially if you pack them full. However I've been riding her bareback and I don't think I'll ever go back to caps. I fill her with a doob tube and blow her clean when I"m done and she's still hot. I really didn't like the idea of staining the oven with my previous portables but I don't mind with the Venty. Oven and screens look good as new.
I’ve been going back and forth. Obviously, the CU stays cleaner with just capsules, mostly oil residue.

Did my Qtip ethanol CU cleaning today, and geez what a lot of flower bits. Not a big deal, but on the next session, I immediately realized how much more FLAVOR there was. I did the CU ISO soak once, didn’t really save much time then a manual clean. I would do the complete soak, if I went too long before my periodic cleanings.

Basically, scooped flower loading just means if I want max flavor, I will clean more often.
So....wanted to share some thoughts on the Venty after 75 hours of use... I jumped on the capsule bandwagon early...I ultimately ordered 20 titanium caps from Vgoodiez. They are awesome and love them when on the go and when using not-so-ideal material. Using them keeps the oven clean and it works well (I found packing them tightly works great for me).

I saw a video where a guy was popping nugs in. I tried that when I first received my unit and it was underwhelming. However, I decided to try recently with some different material and it totally opened my eyes! This method is awesome, but it depends on the material, ime. Lately, I just pop pieces in...do my thing and empty the oven when done while the unit is still hot. Easy peasy!

I like both methods for different reasons!

I didn't quote it here, but I saw a comment saying they were going to wait to order because it's still to early. I honestly disagree. There have been few issues pop up from the latest run. Further, there are few people who have actually spent time with this unit who think it is crap. I am far from a newb, this unit is the real deal. Bottom line.

One more thing: I set my unit to charge on Eco (slow and not full capacity) on day 2. However, I ran into an issue last week. I realized I was not getting the normal amount of bowls before dying (even for Eco). I was beginning to think my battery was already going bad, but then remembered it is always good to give a full charge every once and a while. So, I switched from Eco charging and allowed fast charging to full capacity for a couple days...back to normal. Might just be my experience, but curious if this has happened to anyone else?

The point of this post: I still LOVE my Venty. It is a beast and I am SO glad I bought it when I did!

I am not affiiliated with Herbalize Store USA. Only placed one order with them, but I did just get an email that says they are offering 10% off! Maybe other retailers will offer discounts on it soon? I would have loved a discount, but I can't lie -- not mad I paid full price to receive it when I did! Peace FC!

RustyOldNail

One more thing: I set my unit to charge on Eco (slow and not full capacity) on day 2. However, I ran into an issue last week. I realized I was not getting the normal amount of bowls before dying (even for Eco). I was beginning to think my battery was already going bad, but then remembered it is always good to give a full charge every once and a while. So, I switched from Eco charging and allowed fast charging to full capacity for a couple days...back to normal. Might just be my experience, but curious if this has happened to anyone else?

I agree with your review comments.

However, there should be no difference in how many bowls you get, as lithium batteries have the “no memory effect”.

The ONLY time I’ve seen the logic for doing a 100% charge/discharge on a lithium battery is when one suspects their iPhone or similar device, is not showing an accurate battery percentage.
The idea there is, the device’s software needs to recalibrate the remaining milliamperes of a used battery.
So, that would be a possible explanation of the difference in bowls, you saw, but you would have to make a repeatable tests with notes etc., to be sure.

ADDED: Forget to mention, in the devices that recommend an occasional battery meter “reset”, you have to take the device to the voltage/battery cutoff, no more power. Then charge to 100%. Doing a full charge on a half full battery is not going to reset the internet software meter. S&B doesn’t mention anything about this, as Apple does with its iPhones etc.

Last edited:

brquad225

I agree with your review comments.

However, there should be no difference in how many bowls you get, as lithium batteries have the “no memory effect”.

The ONLY time I’ve seen the logic for doing a 100% charge/discharge on a lithium battery is when one suspects their iPhone or similar device, is not showing an accurate battery percentage.
The idea there is, the device’s software needs to recalibrate the remaining milliamperes of a used battery.
So, that would be a possible explanation of the difference in bowls, you saw, but you would have to make a repeatable tests with notes etc., to be sure.

ADDED: Forget to mention, in the devices that recommend an occasional battery meter “reset”, you have to take the device to the voltage/battery cutoff, no more power. Then charge to 100%. Doing a full charge on a half full battery is not going to reset the internet software meter. S&B doesn’t mention anything about this, as Apple does with its iPhones etc.
With all due respect, just sharing my actual experience. It def started to give less battery life than usual (considering I used Eco) and I've used it enough to notice a difference. Over the course of several days...several charges. I just explained what I did and the effect it had. I'm not sure why it's the case... Anecdotal, for sure. Take what you want from it.

RustyOldNail

I’m on FIRMWARE Version 1.02, no vibration.
I haven’t seen any information from S&B if and when firmware releases become available, and if we can get notifications. I have to use the Bluefy app on my iPad, just connected my Venty, did not see any option to UPDATE FIRMWARE in the app that connects to their web app.

ADDED: I wrote S&B, let everyone know if I hear back…..

I received a response from S&B C.S., regarding my QUESTION ABOVE, about VENTY FIRMWARE UPDATES:

“Thank you for your message!
Unfortunately, an update is not possible at the moment.
With the next company update V1.06 it will be possible to update the device via the web app.
Best regards,
Technical Service
STORZ & BICKEL GMBH
In Grubenäcker 5-9
78532 Tuttlingen
Tel: +49-7461-969707-53/49
Fax: +49-7461-969707-7
service@storz-bickel.com
www.storz-bickel.com

They did not answer my questions about HOW or IF, the customer will be alerted or contacted when new firmware releases are available?

floribud

I got really poor performance after Eco mode after a while ... like it was down to 2 bars after 2 sessions. I decided to turn off eco, the device gives me E04 errors every now and then, so I can RMA it whenever I want. I'm just running without ECO right now since I know I'll get a new one someday... maybe wait till 2 years 364 days.... Anyway fast charging and 100% has given me about 5 sessions or maybe 6 per charge again. I do a lot of low-temping/temp stepping, so my sessions are pretty long...

RustyOldNail

I got really poor performance after Eco mode after a while ... like it was down to 2 bars after 2 sessions.

That definitely seems like a device specific problem. The percentage charge that S&B states you get on that particular ECO choice selected in the app, should be 90%, it’s possible it’s even less.
On my replacement Venty, I certainly get a lot more sessions then 2.
The only reason I use both ECO choices, is the replacement costs. Most of my devices take replaceable lithium batteries, and I charge them to 100%, at a fairly high amp setting. LIPO batteries that are built in, like a Core-2, don’t usually offer any ECO settings, so it’s certainly a PLUS, that S&B has these ECO choices available.
Since you plan on returning it eventually, disabling ECO is a wise move.
If I ever travel with my Venty, I’ll turn OFF ECO mode, for the trip. Faster charging, longer run time.
There’s no free lunch….

justcametomind

Everyone still super happy with their venty? Does it get too hot to hold
I am quite happy. My only gripe is that I still don’t know how to do micro loads properly. I feel that conduction is far less pronounced than it was on the mighty and micro doses swirl around without getting vaped properly.
It doesn’t get too hot. There’s no place that is better not to touch when the unit is working.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My only gripe is that I still don’t know how to do micro loads properly. I feel that conduction is far less pronounced than it was on the mighty and micro doses swirl around without getting vaped properly.
@JoeMama found a pretty cool micro dose method, glass capsule with aluminum capsule lid. He has written several posts about it. Photo in this one:
Edit to my last post:
Thanks to a tip from @dude_de , the aluminum dosing capsule lids are a fine fit to lay on top of the glass open-top bowl, so that helps to lengthen the in-between cleanings of the CU.
For me, this is the perfect single-session setup using Venty.

Top Bottom