Venty by Storz & Bickel

floribud

My Venty was detained by the Post Office for possible PACT Act Violation. If someone has a Venty box, can you please check it and see if it contains the words "Not suitable for nicotine" or something like that somewhere on the box. Also does it say something about "Suitable for dry herbs". If so, can you upload a picture of the box? I want to direct the postal inspectors attention to that line... if it exists.

Please don't move to the shipping thread, hoping someone can get a pic of the box. While the shipping thread is mostly monitored by people that haven't got theirs yet.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Note also that battery capacity is a function of the discharge current. On top of what @RustyOldNail said above about the cutoff voltage for the measurement, you will get a different value if you make your discharge capacity test at say 0.5C, 1C or 2C etc.

And yes the (usually) Nickel tabs are spot welded since the 18650 casings are stainless steel and soldering to that material can be a bit challenging (yet not impossible). Plus you want the operation to last the shortest time possible, as prolonged excessive heat is bad for the cell. So the spot welding gets very hot but lasts a fraction of a second only.

Finally the 3rd connection (i.e. the tap between the two cells in series) is present in the first place to allow balance charging and individual cell monitoring (since if you measure only on both ends of the chain, you are only able to see the total added voltage).

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Note also that battery capacity is a function of the discharge current. On top of what @RustyOldNail said above about the cutoff voltage for the measurement, you will get a different value if you make your discharge capacity test at say 0.5C, 1C or 2C etc.

True, battery manufacturers use very low discharge rates, to get the MAX, so they can publish that.
But since you can’t effect the discharge rate manually on a device with built in batteries, the next best test for total battery capacity, is to DRAIN them down using the device, till cutoff voltage, which is usually shown with a device message: “LOW BATT”, or “CHARGE NOW”, or the device just does not turn on. That’s what I did, before measuring how many milliamperes are measured when the charge cycle is complete at 4.2 volts (full charge).
Measuring what GOES IN, is a bit less accurate a measurement, then you will see, if you discharged a battery on an external battery charger/analyzer. I log my test results with new batteries, retesting over time and a lot of use, will indicate that the capacity has been reduced. A batteries internal resistance will also get higher over time, that’s one of the best measurements of a battery’s health.

tashian

My Venty was detained by the Post Office for possible PACT Act Violation. If someone has a Venty box, can you please check it and see if it contains the words "Not suitable for nicotine" or something like that somewhere on the box. Also does it say something about "Suitable for dry herbs". If so, can you upload a picture of the box? I want to direct the postal inspectors attention to that line... if it exists.

Please don't move to the shipping thread, hoping someone can get a pic of the box. While the shipping thread is mostly monitored by people that haven't got theirs yet.
No, it just says "vaporizer" in several languages.

But it does say so on page 39 of the manual, indicating is not suitable for nicotine/tobacco. Download the manual fromS&B web site and present that to whom it may concern.

Cacahuates

Could you send/show them a screen shot form the website?

Says right under the add to cart button.

I hope it works out for you. That's brutal.

Cacahuates,

Vapiathan

Hi, I have had the venty for two weeks.. what do you think about maintaining the temperature? I often start at 180 degrees celsius, then after a short time, often when I click on the boost for 190 degrees, the indicator of temperature is instantly green, 7 times out of 10, and other times it takes 2 seconds, the light is red, it indicates that it is rising in temperature, then is green, this seems more normal to me, but this case happens only 3 times out of 10. Why is the light instantly green when I click on boost? This makes me doubt the heating system in general.

A fault for me is not knowing the real temperature, but only the chosen temperature. On the mighty it's better I have the impression
I just think it's that fast. Does it put out more vapour, proving it's another temperature? And what you call a fault is not a fault, but a result of the better heater. Jürgen Bickel explained it at some point, the temperature in the mighty does vary much more, while the Venty heater is strong enough and the software smart enough to really keep the temperature. If the chosen temperature is green, it simply is the temperature.

imor jones

I don't know how to explain it best, the vapour itself just feels less dense than vapour from my Mighty+. My best comparison is the Plenty desktop vape, the vapour just feels airy, compared to a Volcano bag for instance, regardless of the Venty dial airflow setting. May be in part due to the depth of the new cooling unit. It could all be an illusion, but the vapour just doesn't feel as thick as with my Mighty+. Don't get me wrong, it's still doing the job very well, just can't get it to feel the same whatever the setting on the dial. I did finish off a bowl last night, wide open, and it was much easier on my throat compared to the end of my Mighty sessions. It could also be due to the age of my Mighty cooling unit, it's due a clean/replacement so naturally produces a tighter draw, I'd imagine a brand new cooling unit would resemble the Venty a lot closer between the first and second dial.

I cannot for the life of me, get the finished bud to a shade as dark as the Mighty gives, though this may be airflow illusions rather than less production. Similar to my Volcano, even at 400F+ the bud comes a lighter shade of brown. The Mighty seems to provide more conduction heating than the Venty, but I can't be sure.

Ergonomically, I agree entirely, it's a much nicer unit to hold than the Mighty, a very good shape and natural to sip. It's smaller than I anticipated prior to receiving too. Overall, I may have been a bit harsh in my early thoughts, so I will keep at it and see how we get on. Plenty of time for Christmas sessions soon =)
Maybe it also has something to do with the preheat time. I mean, when it takes the mighty almost 1,5 min to heat up to 185C. And i even let it heatsoak for some seconds more. Then there already happend a lot of conduction. In comparison the venty heats up in 20 sec. Then there is much less time for a heatsoak and conduction. I guess that makes a huge difference....
Btw my venty just arrived. Its charging right now. Not tested yet...

Last edited:

crownroyaldaddy

I don't know how to explain it best, the vapour itself just feels less dense than vapour from my Mighty+. My best comparison is the Plenty desktop vape, the vapour just feels airy, compared to a Volcano bag for instance, regardless of the Venty dial airflow setting. May be in part due to the depth of the new cooling unit. It could all be an illusion, but the vapour just doesn't feel as thick as with my Mighty+. Don't get me wrong, it's still doing the job very well, just can't get it to feel the same whatever the setting on the dial. I did finish off a bowl last night, wide open, and it was much easier on my throat compared to the end of my Mighty sessions. It could also be due to the age of my Mighty cooling unit, it's due a clean/replacement so naturally produces a tighter draw, I'd imagine a brand new cooling unit would resemble the Venty a lot closer between the first and second dial.

I cannot for the life of me, get the finished bud to a shade as dark as the Mighty gives, though this may be airflow illusions rather than less production. Similar to my Volcano, even at 400F+ the bud comes a lighter shade of brown. The Mighty seems to provide more conduction heating than the Venty, but I can't be sure.

Ergonomically, I agree entirely, it's a much nicer unit to hold than the Mighty, a very good shape and natural to sip. It's smaller than I anticipated prior to receiving too. Overall, I may have been a bit harsh in my early thoughts, so I will keep at it and see how we get on. Plenty of time for Christmas sessions soon =)
I agree with a lot of what you said here. While I mentioned that my Venty is now my daily driver, i also mentioned that I’m not sure it’s leaps better than my Mighty+.

My ABV is definitely not as dark as the Mighty.

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
I agree with a lot of what you said here. While I mentioned that my Venty is now my daily driver, i also mentioned that I’m not sure it’s leaps better than my Mighty+.

From a few of the videos I've seen (apart from Custom Flowers hits) the vapour from the Venty does appear to be slightly lighter than that of the Mighty's. It's not a deal breaker for me tbh, I hit my Anvil, TM2 or B2 through water when I want them bazooka hits.

Sometimes, I like to really pack my mighty hard with flower. The airflow is like sucking through a bent straw, but the clouds I get are up there. Harsh vapour, yep...but as an ex-cigarette-smoker it's sometimes what I want.

I'm interested to try the same tight pack with the Venty on open airflow to see how the airflow and vapour production compares. I also want to tighten the airflow as much as I can with a tight pack and see what MTL hits are like.

It's the different options of use that has me super exited for Christmas day, when I finally get to try the Venty and experiment.

crownroyaldaddy

From a few of the videos I've seen (apart from Custom Flowers hits) the vapour from the Venty does appear to be slightly lighter than that of the Mighty's. It's not a deal breaker for me tbh, I hit my Anvil, TM2 or B2 through water when I want them bazooka hits.

Sometimes, I like to really pack my mighty hard with flower. The airflow is like sucking through a bent straw, but the clouds I get are up there. Harsh vapour, yep...but as an ex-cigarette-smoker it's sometimes what I want.

I'm interested to try the same tight pack with the Venty on open airflow to see how the airflow and vapour production compares. I also want to tighten the airflow as much as I can with a tight pack and see what MTL hits are like.

It's the different options of use that has me super exited for Christmas day, when I finally get to try the Venty and experiment.
Your last remark is the main advantage of the Venty over the Mighty - the ability to adjust.

This means that it will likely appeal to a wider audience. One of the main reasons I was drawn to the Mighty is that it’s one of the closest experiences to smoking you can get with a vape. So while this Venty experience being a bit difference isn’t something I love (I still combust *hides*), it may very well be what “cleaner” vapers are looking for.

I have the next two weeks off from work, so planning on playing around with it more. I’m definitely not unhappy - but also not sure it was worth the extra money since I have a Mighty+.

I might try to run some side-by-sides in the name of science and comparison

Adgej123

I do have to say, the more I use it the more I’m enjoying it. It’s become my daily too, strange thing to say but it’s much more relaxing to hold than the Mighty, just feels right and doesn’t want to switch itself off what feels like every 30 seconds during a mighty session.

The ABV shade I feel is due to less conduction, though I have no science to support this. Just like the Plenty and even a MiniVap the vapour just feels less toasted at the end, in a pure convection way. Still seems to hit as hard in fairness. Perhaps due to the speed of heat up, the initial heating of the bud is a lot more sudden

JoeMama

Maybe it also has something to do with the preheat time. I mean, when it takes the mighty almost 1,5 min to heat up to 185C. And i even let it heatsoak for some seconds more. Then there already happend a lot of conduction. In comparison the venty heats up in 20 sec. Then there is much less time for a heatsoak and conduction. I guess that makes a huge difference....
Btw my venty just arrived. Its charging right now. Not tested yet...
Nailed it there. I'd been thinking the same while comparing the two devices (albeit the Mighty from memory, since selling it).
Most definitely because there's less time for a heat-soak, this is why the at-first vapours are "less dense" than with the Mighty, as measured by heat-up time comparison. In addition, the Venty is so powerful that it almost doesn't matter how you draw, because once it's at temp, it's staying there. That's big for me. I'm impatient. :rofl:

AndyO

I was lucky enough to win a Venty from my favourite local vape store!

I haven't opened it yet - I thought I'd wait for a new day and use it for my wake and bake.

Given the issues I hadn't really planned on buying one til 4/20 next year at the earliest, but man I'm stoked to have it early and for free!

Mndeadhead

I was lucky enough to win a Venty from my favourite local vape store!

I haven't opened it yet - I thought I'd wait for a new day and use it for my wake and bake.

Given the issues I hadn't really planned on buying one til 4/20 next year at the earliest, but man I'm stoked to have it early and for free!
aint no bee like a freebie! Enjoy!

RustyOldNail

get less bowls per charge on the updated Venty

Check the Bluetooth SETTINGS. I’ve chosen both battery saving options available ONLY in the app. Doesn’t charge to a full lithium battery limit of 4.2 volts, and doesn’t charge at the highest AMP rate. When charging in these SAVER MODES, you’ll see “ECO”, on the Venty screen. Both setting can INCREASE battery life, with the TRADEOFF of, less runtime, and a longer charge to full time.

I doubt the amount of bowls are any different between versions, as most stoners are not reliable science testers…. :)

olivianewtonjohn

Has anyone figured out what charge optimization actually does? The description makes it sound faster but ECO flashes when you enable it

olivianewtonjohn,

RustyOldNail

Has anyone figured out what charge optimization actually does? The description makes it sound faster but ECO flashes when you enable it

Yes, posted my tests earlier in this thread…..

Or you can read my post right ABOVE yours!

Psyentist

For what it’s worth, I got 12 bowls out of my first charge on my second batch venty. It ran out towards the end of the 13th bowl.

I doubt the amount of bowls are any different between versions, as most stoners are not reliable science testers….:)

Or you can read my post right ABOVE yours!

@RustyOldNail A little condescending don’t you think?

JoeMama

I'm used to doing the capsule-dump after each temp-step to get the most out of a load because leaving the capsule in the Venty will cook the herb if it just sits inside that oven cooling down so slowly...
Now I got my hands on a few of these glass bowls and I'm glad I got them.

These are the ones I wish I could get here in the US:

The bowl size is just about 50% and holds about 0.06g typ (gently flattened fluff).
No reason for temp stepping, so @ 210ºC, I get 3-4 quality hits once the heat soak is achieved.

Until I figure out a way to "cap" the bowl inside (a titanium lid is too bulky), the fine mesh CU screen has to be used, else the CU will get gunked fast. But overall, I think this is the perfect setup for me now. Before I was getting too stoned trying to efficiently use a full dosing capsule. :ko:

RustyOldNail

I'm used to doing the capsule-dump after each temp-step to get the most out of a load because leaving the capsule in the Venty will cook the herb if it just sits inside that oven cooling down so slowly...
Now I got my hands on a few of these glass bowls and I'm glad I got them.

The bowl size is just about 50% and holds about 0.06g typ (gently flattened fluff).
No reason for temp stepping, so @ 210ºC, I get 3-4 quality hits once the heat soak is achieved.

Until I figure out a way to "cap" the bowl inside (a titanium lid is too bulky), the fine mesh CU screen has to be used, else the CU will get gunked fast. But overall, I think this is the perfect setup for me now. Before I was getting too stoned trying to efficiently use a full dosing capsule. :ko:

Interesting, thanks for the update, as I’ve seen those. I’m probably not much of a micro-doser, but like to experiment. I put a small load in, and used one of those S&B stainless steel “oil” pads that used to come with the Mighty. In the Venty it worked great, but I’d rather not vape through anything additional when possible. But a GLASS insert is good!

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: DadaBoo

snowdrop7756

When cleaning anyone know if it’s safe to put all the orings and what not in alcohol? I know with the tm2 it would deform them, but instructions seem to allude to putting everything in the solution.

snowdrop7756,
Reactions: philiegram
Top Bottom