Venty by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Tech is a double-edged sword, it cuts both ways.
All the talk about Bluetooth issues and connectivity, etc., etc. reminds me why I didn't ever really like Crafty in the first place.
My '65 Volvo didn't have a 'printed circuit' anywhere except in the radio I retro-fitted.

When I got my first Crafty I didn't have a smart phone, had to wait for a visit from my daughter to adjust anything!

I see Venty as an attempt to cram in every feature, and then some, of all the portable models.

I do really want this to work out, I hope to own one someday, but this whole recall has been an unfortunate stain. I'm very glad to have waited on the sidelines.

Next week, Tafee Wares is making an announcement about next generation Bowle and I'm holding my money in reserve. Not that their performance record is much better, but the Bowle has been an awesome device for me.
delete them all,
am done
G
I detect a recurring theme.

WirtDog

Tech is a double-edged sword, it cuts both ways.
All the talk about Bluetooth issues and connectivity, etc., etc. reminds me why I didn't ever really like Crafty in the first place.
My '65 Volvo didn't have a 'printed circuit' anywhere except in the radio I retro-fitted.

When I got my first Crafty I didn't have a smart phone, had to wait for a visit from my daughter to adjust anything!

I see Venty as an attempt to cram in every feature, and then some, of all the portable models.

I do really want this to work out, I hope to own one someday, but this whole recall has been an unfortunate stain. I'm very glad to have waited on the sidelines.

Next week, Tafee Wares is making an announcement about next generation Bowle and I'm holding my money in reserve. Not that their performance record is much better, but the Bowle has been an awesome device for me.

I detect a recurring theme.
I mentioned when early Venty info came out about the Bluetooth interface that I was not crazy about it? More to manage and more things to break. The fact that Apple continues non support position make the problem worse. I have never done all this stepping stuff so it is not important to me. One of the strong suites of the Mighty has been simplicity and reliability. I never had a Crafty so not sure what it was like over time with the interface. S&B evidently thought they could make it work on the new Venty.

WirtDog

I had 2x Mighty LCD screens fail (the 3rd is on the way out, glad I sold it) and wish it had Bluetooth as well...best of both worlds here with the Venty.:2c:
I have only had the Mighty OG and I made it a point to not touch that screen especially when it is on. Five years old and aside from tiring battery it still works perfectly. I am not saying Mighty is infallible but just that any Bluetooth interface complicates things and increases risk. We will see how the Venty turns out? I will just sit and wait while more Venty's get utilized in the field. I am tempted to buy a Mighty+ but want to hear more user experience on the Venty before I make a decision.

Rainbow and Rasta

HEY Venty !!

Yeah bro ?

I’m waiting for you when you’re ready.

Uuuuhh well in that case I’m coming .. just give me a moment ..

For the moment playing with an old Mighty and Volcano, Dynavap M 2019 and the BAKx for nugs.

After crashing my bike on Lausitzring a German racetrack back in 2009 my life changed. So most of my time is at home because of chronic pain and what they at the hospital’s pain clinic call chronic complex pain condition. After a couple years on OxyContin and OxyNorm with my life slowly but surely going down I finally ditched the Oxy’s for cannabis and found it to be a sooo much better medicine though not recovering; staying positive is way of life for me. Btw I did the fastest lab before I crashed 😁hell yeah

I’m looking very much forward to hopefully having the Venty before Christmas.

All this positive attitude isn’t just because I got the Venty on sale for “only” € 336,- 💚

justcametomind

Shaywhite reported his buttons to be more recessed and nicer to press but my plus button on the replacement unit is as clicky and stiff as the plus on the bricked one.
Thanks, Red. I'm just glad it's working insofar as its intended medical purpose. :nod: I can live with the glitch until SB gets to address my issue.
That’s a minor bug, I would sit on it without even asking anything to SB, for later use.. Assuming it’s not software issue (but I doubt that).
After the ”getting to know/honeymoon” phase, where I usually try temp stepping, I don’t need temperature control or apps since I mostly set max “no-charring“ temperature on every vape I own, especially on Storz vapes since there’s no chance ever of burning.

Does your bricked Venty light up its screen every now and then? Mine does it every few hours.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: canna help

jamhead

If the Argo is close, I would try the Davinci IQ2 or IQC ( I have the IQ2 ). It'll have the thick, conduction type vapor effects she's looking for and the bowl is much larger (0.5g). A 5min session with sips around 20-30s should give nice thick vapor with a tight pack and the right temperature.

The Venty might be great too but I don't own one so can't really say. I own the AVLP and it's great but the vapor is very cool so maybe not for her?
Thanks for your thoughts. I have a Miqro that is collecting dust currently. My question was more about the Venty in relation to my prerequisites. Looks like everyone else wants to bitch or argue about issues that don’t matter in the scheme of life.

I appreciate your thoughts and your response!

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
My Venty arrived Wednesday. Two days earlier than expected. It appears to be flawless to me. Fit and finish are great. Cooling unit snaps in place firmly and lines up with main unit. Buttons are fine. I used a new Amazon 45w fast charger and was fully charged in under 2 hours. I’m not sure exactly how long as I was busy any really didn’t check too close. I did 3 burn in runs at 410 with the cooling unit removed. No funny smells as far as I could tell.
I started with dosing caps at 390. Lots of good taste coming thru for the first 3 hits and then fading off slowly. I stopped before I got any burnt or scorched taste and was very surprised at how dark the abv was. Darker than I like coming out of any device. Yet no burnt taste. Amazing!
The airflow control does change things up and most people should find a setting they like. 2 and 3 are both pretty wide open and made me cough. Too much vapor too quick for me. I will use these settings for water pieces. Suprisingly I found I preferred the first setting when using the Venty cooling unit. I can slowly sip my way to a good hit and no coughing at all.
I will keep using dosing caps for a few days as they seem to cook the flower really well. I have already found some whip tubing that will fit over the stock mouthpiece. I will be connecting to water pieces very soon. All in all a great new device. To all y’all that said is was very good and different. You are correct and thanks👍

Happy Thanksgiving. Grandkids just invaded. That’s it for today.

WirtDog

My Venty arrived Wednesday. Two days earlier than expected. It appears to be flawless to me. Fit and finish are great. Cooling unit snaps in place firmly and lines up with main unit. Buttons are fine. I used a new Amazon 45w fast charger and was fully charged in under 2 hours. I’m not sure exactly how long as I was busy any really didn’t check too close. I did 3 burn in runs at 410 with the cooling unit removed. No funny smells as far as I could tell.
I started with dosing caps at 390. Lots of good taste coming thru for the first 3 hits and then fading off slowly. I stopped before I got any burnt or scorched taste and was very surprised at how dark the abv was. Darker than I like coming out of any device. Yet no burnt taste. Amazing!
The airflow control does change things up and most people should find a setting they like. 2 and 3 are both pretty wide open and made me cough. Too much vapor too quick for me. I will use these settings for water pieces. Suprisingly I found I preferred the first setting when using the Venty cooling unit. I can slowly sip my way to a good hit and no coughing at all.
I will keep using dosing caps for a few days as they seem to cook the flower really well. I have already found some whip tubing that will fit over the stock mouthpiece. I will be connecting to water pieces very soon. All in all a great new device. To all y’all that said is was very good and different. You are correct and thanks👍

Happy Thanksgiving. Grandkids just invaded. That’s it for today.
Thanks for this excellent report!! Very encouraging!! Hope to hear many more like this when more updated units get in user hands! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

JoeMama

Shaywhite reported his buttons to be more recessed and nicer to press but my plus button on the replacement unit is as clicky and stiff as the plus on the bricked one.

That’s a minor bug, I would sit on it without even asking anything to SB, for later use.. Assuming it’s not software issue (but I doubt that).
After the ”getting to know/honeymoon” phase, where I usually try temp stepping, I don’t need temperature control or apps since I mostly set max “no-charring“ temperature on every vape I own, especially on Storz vapes since there’s no chance ever of burning.

Does your bricked Venty light up its screen every now and then? Mine does it every few hours.
Agreed. The unit functions just fine in the single most important aspect, so as long as that’s the case, I don’t need to kvetch.

TBH I’d have to look to see if my bricked Venty flashes, but it’s been boxed since it died. … or DID it? :razz:

dude_de

I wish they get the Filling Aid back in stock (havend seen it aviable on any shop).
Do you mean the SnB filling aid or the one made by verdampftnochmal. They have quite a few 3D printed gadgets available only through them.

But even if the had them: they probably won't fit the Venty.

redspawn

Do you mean the SnB filling aid or the one made by verdampftnochmal. They have quite a few 3D printed gadgets available only through them.

But even if the had them: they probably won't fit the Venty.
I mean the S&B „originals“, they were never in stock. I use these for my Crafty/Mighty before and loved the „simpleness“ of them. Never loaded theese without these aids…

sukhda

I finally received delivery of my Venty today. It's currently on charge while I impatiently wait.

While I wait, 2 questions came to mind;

1. What is the general consensus re. dosing caps vs. loading directly? I read somewhere that dosing capsules could impede airflow somewhat, but I've not read or heard any 1st hand experiences on whether the difference is significant.

2. Is anyone changing the course screen in the cooling unit for a finer one? This is often touted as the first thing to do when buying a Mighty/Crafty, so I'm curious as to whether the same is true for the Venty? Given the additional power and air flow, I wonder whether it's advisable to change it?

Tab

Nerd
Finally the Venty arrived today and my first impression is only one word ... WOW :drool:

The airflow from the Venty is really unreal, I have a lot of vapes that I used over the years but this is very special and also my main reason why I bought it. It feels really good in my hand and it is smaller then I excepted or saw in the internet but big anyways.
The vapor is very smooth and there is no bickle tickle so far, tested on airflow 3 / 180c.
Looking forward to see how the other 2 settings and a higher temperature will change the experience.

Overall, the honeymoon phase has startet and I will enjoy my Venty very, very much this weekend.

I hope everyone else have they orders or replacement until now or will get it as soon as possible.

Dr. G

Old Resident
MY lover has finally arrived...the Venty came. Hand delivered and signed for...I open it and there is a nice note from S and B. , and extra beautiful case...that is awesome. Now I have two! ...and the Venty. Tonight is going to be amazing. I have Northern Lights ready for tonight. I am so very thankful...let the airflow FLOW, and let me have a battery for hours! Cheers everyone...I am so very happy.

dude_de

I mean the S&B „originals“, they were never in stock. I use these for my Crafty/Mighty before and loved the „simpleness“ of them. Never loaded theese without these aids…
This one?

I ordered mine from S&B directly. and used it once or twice. Lately, my Crafty+ only ever sees dosing caps, and I just use the dosing cap to scoop up its load from the grinder. Works perfectly for me.

I also have their 3D printed gizmo for the dosing caps:

Same thing, used it a couple of times and then noticed I am much faster just scooping out of the grinder.

Dr. G

Old Resident
We just started up the Venty. My family is here and happy to report that this vape.....is a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is simple divine. This gets me more medicated than even my Volcano...amazing. It is perfect. We did a burn off....three times. Loaded it. We are all on level 22 in space somewhere. The Venty rocks...please get one.

justcametomind

I wish they get the Filling Aid back in stock (havend seen it aviable on any shop).
IIRC it's unavailable since ages, basically when they started producing caps (IIRC) they stopped pushing the filling aid. It also appears to be not compatible with the Venty from the details on the SB shop web page (only compatible with crafty/mighty/plus).
I finally received delivery of my Venty today. It's currently on charge while I impatiently wait.

While I wait, 2 questions came to mind;

1. What is the general consensus re. dosing caps vs. loading directly? I read somewhere that dosing capsules could impede airflow somewhat, but I've not read or heard any 1st hand experiences on whether the difference is significant.

2. Is anyone changing the course screen in the cooling unit for a finer one? This is often touted as the first thing to do when buying a Mighty/Crafty, so I'm curious as to whether the same is true for the Venty? Given the additional power and air flow, I wonder whether it's advisable to change it?
1.I was one reporting that perhaps capsules impede airflow but having the oven immaculate is more important to me. So I will never load my replacement with loose herb. My biggest complain until now is that (in the capsule but also loose) I can’t achieve nice results with micro doses (30mg). Perhaps loose is a bit better but imho having a dirty oven can compromise the taste on the long run and I don’t want that (the gunk on the walls of the oven would heat at every cycle and imho most probably leave bad taste).
If you open the Mighty/Crafty thread, in the last few pages there a pic of a Venty oven with dirty oven walls, you can probably clean that, but you have to scratch. Never again!
2. I did, the airflow is not impacted at all and repeated it on the replacement as it arrived. Much cleaner CU. I could see that using the finer screen the CU doesn’t accumulate debris of abv but only reclaim oils, and with the new CU is easier than ever to clean as the build up is not spread over the whole cu but only in 3/4 spots, very easy with a q-tip, easier without the abv particles.

I have zero plans to use dosing caps with my Venty. I like loading it direct. I did about 50 bowls on my original unit before I bricked it and I did not notice any buildup in the oven at all. All I did was brush it out immediately after every bowl when it was a still warm.

My replacement is supposedly scheduled for delivery today, but I’m out of town for the holiday, so I requested it to be delivered to a nearby drop point and I’ll pick it up there on Monday. Hopefully no issues. DHL has been a pain for me in the past. I cannot wait to have this vape back in my hands.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
It's on the S&B site, I use one with Mighty a lot.
Through the covid time a lot of the accessories went out of stock, but I don't think the filling aid was ever discontinued.

It apparently will not fit the Venty.

Top Bottom