Venty by Storz & Bickel

Rainbow and Rasta

I think exactly the same. I cant understand why Companys (no matter how big or small they are) cant communicate clear the facts (on any topic). Im working as a Bank Teller (hope i translate it correct), so i talk every day to many customers. And my 20 year personal experience ist very very clear: Shit happens… on every company… But dont tell ur customers shit! Never! Communicate clear, no matter how big the fault is. Customers love it and will come back. Satisfied customers will come back and spend more money and all are happy… Maybe im too stupid to get the Point 🤗😬
So enough OT soooooo back to Venty:

First ball on a brand new Vape guys… I couldnt never ever imagine that i forget my loved Mighty+ and Crafty+ that fast 🤯

Mine works like it should. This „bL“ dont show up on mine. Hope urs is only a software issue.
It seems even unsatisfied customers like yourself and others are ok with it as you haven’t returned your Venty for a refund

Rainbow and Rasta,

stressed

come on dude - please try with a little patience

7f41e90a02bf29a94cedf62806e616ee.jpg

redspawn

It seems even unsatisfied customers like yourself and others are ok with it as you haven’t returned your Venty for a refund
Correct, but i thaught about that more and more, so next week ive done this. And on (maybe) the next new S&B product i would no more buy blind at first day like my Mighty+. On the Mighty+ i buy on release and was never disapointed, so i buy the Venty on release too. After that „experiance“ i will never do it again. Which is better for S&B?

I've opened a tech support inquiry with SB regarding my odd app issues outlined above.

While my Venty works just fine from a getting the job done POV :love:, this will annoy the crap out of me until it's resolved :rockon:.

Posting for awareness, if anyone else sees these things I'd be curious.

Hi pal , can you get on the app with it ,?
i was expecting mine to show the same when i turned it on ,i mentioned it to SnB today .
if you can is it running the up dated firmware V01.02 i think it is ,
if not it would bug me but if its an other fault you should be priority in getting you an other ,
hope they can fix it online for you
i looked it up last night ,seems theres 2 different types of Bluetooth ,the BL was saying for bigger devices i-pads smartphones .
but you would think all the ventys would use the same ,
really hope for you its a quick firmware update
G

jamhead

I’ll be as brief as possible. I own arizer air, Argo, their desktop, Dynavaps. I like them all, by far use Dynavap myself, but am looking for a vape my wife can use when I’m not around (easier the better). I’ll maintain them. She likes to feel a little vapor in her lungs when inhaling (she doesn’t like the desktop); doesn’t want to clear a bowl in 3 hits; and is not looking to get blasted (weekend used). I want to share with her (pass back and forth) and I want to taste details within each strain. Knowing this, I am looking at legacy pro and one of S+B’s. Given the above criteria, is there any benefit to this vape for her. Again, desktop vapor that is hard to tell if you’re getting a hit (smooth/cool)- she struggles with (used to smoking). She wants to feel the vapor, taste it, and get to her level over 5 minutes. The Argo is close- but bowl too small (sharing criteria). Thanks for any thoughts on this or other S+B vapes vs legacy pro for her.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I’ll be as brief as possible. I own arizer air, Argo, their desktop, Dynavaps. I like them all, by far use Dynavap myself, but am looking for a vape my wife can use when I’m not around (easier the better). I’ll maintain them. She likes to feel a little vapor in her lungs when inhaling (she doesn’t like the desktop); doesn’t want to clear a bowl in 3 hits; and is not looking to get blasted (weekend used). I want to share with her (pass back and forth) and I want to taste details within each strain. Knowing this, I am looking at legacy pro and one of S+B’s. Given the above criteria, is there any benefit to this vape for her. Again, desktop vapor that is hard to tell if you’re getting a hit (smooth/cool)- she struggles with (used to smoking). She wants to feel the vapor, taste it, and get to her level over 5 minutes. The Argo is close- but bowl too small (sharing criteria). Thanks for any thoughts on this or other S+B vapes vs legacy pro for her.
If the Argo is close, I would try the Davinci IQ2 or IQC ( I have the IQ2 ). It'll have the thick, conduction type vapor effects she's looking for and the bowl is much larger (0.5g). A 5min session with sips around 20-30s should give nice thick vapor with a tight pack and the right temperature.

The Venty might be great too but I don't own one so can't really say. I own the AVLP and it's great but the vapor is very cool so maybe not for her?

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

JoeMama

Hi pal , can you get on the app with it ,?
i was expecting mine to show the same when i turned it on ,i mentioned it to SnB today .
if you can is it running the up dated firmware V01.02 i think it is ,
if not it would bug me but if its an other fault you should be priority in getting you an other ,
hope they can fix it online for you
i looked it up last night ,seems theres 2 different types of Bluetooth ,the BL was saying for bigger devices i-pads smartphones .
but you would think all the ventys would use the same ,
really hope for you its a quick firmware update
G
Thanks, V,
Yes I can get on the app...
However, also, when the "bL" screen is the condition of the moment, and I access the app, it tells me to "click to continue update". I click and within 10 seconds it disconnects. I thought that meant it updated, but it didn't/doesn't update it further than it is when it came in yesterday.
I have emails to S&B about it... Meanwhile it blows me away how good this thing puts out vapor.

MonkeyTime

Thanks, V,
However, also, when the "bL" screen is the condition of the moment, and I access the app, it tells me to "click to continue update". I click and within 10 seconds it disconnects. I thought that meant it updated, but it didn't/doesn't update it further than it is when it came in yesterday.
I have emails to S&B about it... Meanwhile it blows me away how good this thing puts out vapor.
You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone? Or a different phone?

I guess it depends on if your phone is dropping/killing the connection or the unit. But we can narrow things down some...

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone? Or a different phone?

If using the Apple Bluefy app, make sure to update it, they had some issues reported by users, you can read the comments in the App Store Bluefy page.
I can’t help, as I’m waiting before bricking mine so the new kids can get theirs delivered. :)

dude_de

and I access the app, it tells me to "click to continue update"
Are you sure you're using the app.storz-bickel.com link and not the fix.storz..... or whatever the link to update to the bricking firmware was. In that case I would assume the update app would notice that you have something newer than the bricking firmmware and abort. Just guessing here.

Last edited:

JoeMama

I guess it depends on if your phone is dropping/killing the connection or the unit. But we can narrow things down some...
I'm not even using the phone app... I'm using Chrome on my MacBook.
Are you sure you're using the app.storz-bickel.com link and not the fix.storz..... or whatever the link to update to the bricking firmware was. In that case I would assume the update app would notice that you have something newer than the bricking firmmware and abort. Just guessing here.
That, my friend, is a very good observation. Alas, I thought of that already :razz:. Interesting, though, I only "know" it's the right app because the "firmware progress bar" shows, but never begins progress before simply disappearing and disconnecting.

Thanks, V,
is it the app on the SnB site your using ?
if its firmware V01.02
what does it say at firmware ?
, if its been updated them there shouldn’t be anything downloading ? Or trying too
click on the bottom menu middle tab on the web app once your connected
then where it says firmware etc click scan it will tell you if your firmwares out of date or theres any faults
not where you adjust led brightness
sounds like your on the link /site where it up dated then bricked ,
that links for service /repairs etc or what they used it for ,
the android app ,ive got it on the ipad and android phone but it wont let me add the VENTY for some reason
crafty+ and hybrid can it work with the VENTY yet ?
anyway like you been using the web app and apple but by going direct to SnB site
also try reset your browser or the tab /app your on shut it down completely and restart it ..
close the app completely and restart it
also switch your Bluetooth off and back on /on the vape and your apple ,
see how you get on ,if its not a fault it will be a case of working through things ,can only try or as a member says narrowing it down ,
G
JUST thought of what it could be ,,,you said your using chrome on a mac book ,
to my knowledge it works with chrome on an android with the web app
use the bluefly app by itself ,it acts as a browser i.e chrome and is use for connecting BLE ,
dont click on chrome , straight onto the blue fly app and search on google on the app for SnB s site then go to to the web app ,
i think chrome /apple and web app are clashing ,
yay the app only if on an apple device with the web app ,
chrome with wen app on android device
i think the BL is the type of Bluetooth your using
this is where id be looking first , if it was something i had built
G

Last edited:

MonkeyTime

I'm not even using the phone app... I'm using Chrome on my MacBook.
Then I stand by my earlier thought, try a different phone/computer to connect to it.

I'd suggest a phone if possible, it's likely they put a fair more time into their app than the port to computer. John Q Public will be using their phone for this!

MonkeyTime,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have to admit I'm more surprised at this exchange than I thought I'd be. If we can't find a way to get along on a forum where we discuss weed and what it does for us...

Let's rally around something we know we have in common? Getting high makes you generally feel great - and usually calm and non-combative. It's one of the things I most like about it compared to alcohol.

Rodney

The thing is we all do get on and respect each other around here BUT this latest member called VENTY has been a bad member on and off and lets just hope that the member with the username VENTY gets fixed soon so we can all move onto moaning about something else :p

And yes i do mean the vape in case anyone thinks i mean an actual member called VENTY :)

JoeMama

Then I stand by my earlier thought, try a different phone/computer to connect to it.

I'd suggest a phone if possible, it's likely they put a fair more time into their app than the port to computer. John Q Public will be using their phone for this!
Sorry, I should've also said I've tried everything else, phone, iPad, different computer with Chrome. Doesn't matter.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Sorry, I should've also said I've tried everything else, phone, iPad, different computer with Chrome. Doesn't matter.
Might need to try with an android if possible, all the devices you listed use the web app if they’re iOS, but chances are good that it’s the device’s fault. Have you tried connecting to the computer via usb (I unfortunately don’t have the device to verify whether this works).

Octavia,

JoeMama

@Octavia and @MonkeyTime thanks for both your inputs... I have not tried a direct USB connect to the computer, but nonetheless, the anomoly I'm dealing with is this weird screen:

This screen ONLY shows up when I plug in the charger, and notice it has the Bluetooth symbol active. So when I connect to it when the under only this condition, it's only THEN that I get the firmware update notice and failure. When it's "functioning" and the screen shows temperature or just the charging bar graph, the app functions normally and does not tell me an update is needed.

I appreciate your curiosity on this! lol

just use the bluefly app ON ITS OWN no chrome ,click on the app to connect to the internet and detach for SNBs site ,click on web app
then click connect to your VENTY
chrome with android , or chrome / google inside /when using the app ,
not chrome on an apple on its own ,it wont use the web app that way
chromes clashing i think the way your using it ,
forget chrome for now if your using the blue fly app
G

Last edited:

JoeMama

just use the bluefly app ON ITS OWN no chrome ,click on the app to connect to the internet and detach for SNBs site ,click on web app
then click connect to your VENTY
chrome with android , or chrome / google inside /when using the app ,
not chrome on an apple on its own ,it wont use the web app that way
chromes clashing i think the way your using it ,
forget chrome for now if your using the blue fly app
G
I did that too. I used the blufly app first.

I did that too. I used the blufly app first.
one last thing i can think of at the moment ,
switch off the Bluetooth on the vape and shut down the app ,even if you close it ,it will be running in the background so try and shut it down completely,either switch the mac book off and on again or manually shut the app ,
restart the app and only switch the Bluetooth on in the vape when you get to the connect screen ,
it might not see your vape at that point so switch Bluetooth off an on again so it does ,
then there shouldn’t be any outside interference just the BLE that the app uses ,
have you any other Bluetooth devices that could be interfering,?
try that
even if you have sometimes just reseting /clearing history ,cache etc will work even if it didnt before
G

JoeMama

one last thing i can think of at the moment ,
switch off the Bluetooth on the vape and shut down the app ,even if you close it ,it will be running in the background so try and shut it down completely,either switch the mac book off and on again or manually shut the app ,
restart the app and only switch the Bluetooth on in the vape when you get to the connect screen ,
it might not see your vape at that point so switch Bluetooth off an on again so it does ,
then there shouldn’t be any outside interference just the BLE that the app uses ,
have you any other Bluetooth devices that could be interfering,?
try that
even if you have sometimes just reseting /clearing history ,cache etc will work even if it didnt before
G

Thanks for your helpfulness... but no, I've done and considered all these things. I'm gonna close the matter until I solve it.

Wanted to chime in and say that after emailing S&B about their promise of no duty/fee's to be paid for my replacement they quickly sent a refund to my credit card directly that covers the fee DHL is requiring me to pay. Depending on exchange rate and when it's posted to my credit card it might be $10 short of the total fee but I'm glad they kept their word and quickly made it right.

My replacement is due to arrive in just under a weeks time!

XpeeN

Not the place for this kind of discussions tbh, open a new thread at Ask FC and you'll get ton of help.
I won't go on too much here as it's on topic, but by your requests I'd leans towards hybrids. I'm not really sure about which hybrids has big bowls but yeah check that out and ask as I said above. Also S&B and venty particularly might be good for her too as if I recall have a pretty big bowl (0.2 or something?). BTW, have you tried using your vapes on lower temps? It might be what you're looking for and can reduce the vapor production with the EQ (I assume)

XpeeN,
Top Bottom