Venty by Storz & Bickel

Jojofernz

Venty ist back in Stock to Order (2-3 Weeks delivery time)… Nice. And my Venty ist dead since now 10 days and no shipping… Its getting worse…

Edit: I finally got my tracking number (After 10 days). Location Germany - with UPS. Hope the others dont have to wait as long as me.
Interesting I had just checked before I went to sleep and still sold out.

But yup, there they are…fiancé would not be happy if I picked this up right after the Tempest.

Gonna have to fight my urges and wait to see if this batch stays functional.

No BF sales on Venty either, as expected. Maybe price drops next year?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing people get their new venty in and hearing how they hold up!

Edit: I nearly went through the whole purchase process, and wow 6 interest free payments on it with Amazon? Shit….. gotta put the VAS to sleep before I get in trouble

Last edited:

cosimo

But yup, there they are…fiancé would not be happy if I picked this up right after the Tempest.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing people get their new venty in and hearing how they hold up!

Edit: I nearly went through the whole purchase process, and wow 6 interest free payments on it with Amazon? Shit….. gotta put the VAS to sleep before I get in trouble
how does the Amazon payment thing work? I have an amazon account I use to buy stuff weekly with my debit card. Would it work that way or is it for some special amazon accounts or special amazon card?

cosimo,

Hoodwink

This may be a “bit soon” since Storz just restarted selling the Venty, but anybody have suggestions re: accessories, stems, etc?

Hoodwink,
Reactions: Dr. G

Pukka

how does the Amazon payment thing work? I have an amazon account I use to buy stuff weekly with my debit card. Would it work that way or is it for some special amazon accounts or special amazon card?
I'm guessing you're not in the US, SB uses Sizzle here (4 bi-weekly pmts). I would bet it's some form of the Amazon credit card.

Pukka,
Reactions: cosimo

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I'm guessing you're not in the US, SB uses Sizzle here (4 bi-weekly pmts). I would bet it's some form of the Amazon credit card.
On the US S&B site, there is also a button to "pay with Amazon," not sure I've seen that anywhere before.
And yeah, on Amazon they push the Sizzle payment option.

vapviking,

Jojofernz

There is both the Sezzle pay in 4 or the Amazon option.

With the Amazon option you pick whatever payment is linked to your Amazon, we have an Amazon store card, and through the card is the 6-split no-interest payments.

I’m sure if you logged into your Amazon on the storz-Bickel page it may even give you the offer to sign up for a card, to make this purchase for the 6-payments on it.

Storz and Bickel sure know how to tempt me. I’m gonna wait though, must fight that urge! Just gotta make sure no more errors after a month or two

JoeMama

Couldn't have said it better myself! I wrote a somewhat nasty email (somewhat regrettably, somewhat not) when I woke up this morning and saw that I still have not received ANY reply of any sort that I am even in the queue to get mine. I'm ready for a refund or chargeback by Wednesday so I can go on a shopping spree over at Cannabis Hardware. :|

Been praising S&B and even wrote all over the place that everyone should get a Venty because it was the best thing since sliced bread. Now S&B has not only made themselves look stupid, but me too. So yeah. If I get my Venty by next weekend, I'll be happy. If I don't, I'll be happy. I'll just take my money elsewhere and have a product that doesn't break and I'll have to deal with "only" having my Mighty, Crafty+, and TM2 as portables.
Well I hope you do get the replacement sooner than you are ready to bail on SB. I wouldn't like being ghosted either, and if they don't even reply to you then that's a big black mark.

Aryeah

Vape Man
Well I hope you do get the replacement sooner than you are ready to bail on SB. I wouldn't like being ghosted either, and if they don't even reply to you then that's a big black mark.
I have received only 1 email from S&B stating I did it right. I emailed them again later in the week and have received nothing back either. I have also been ghosted at this point. So I'm still waiting, I have waited years to get specific vapes, I do have a Toad, So It looks like my ALP or Toad as portables for now.

Aryeah,
Reactions: JoeMama

JoeMama

I have received only 1 email from S&B stating I did it right. I emailed them again later in the week and have received nothing back either. I have also been ghosted at this point. So I'm still waiting, I have waited years to get specific vapes, I do have a Toad, So It looks like my ALP or Toad as portables for now.
It must have been coincidence then, for me, when I emailed them under the pretense of asking if I "did it right", that the next morning I got the shipping notice. No other reply (other than the auto-reply acknowledging my email).
I do hope everyone gets their replacement fast, and that SB doesn't sour itself among its up-til-now satisfied customers. Including me.

JoeMama,

stressed

i got an advert from storz telling me that the venty was being restocked?

restocked? lol.

they are pretty scummy pretending that they are not pretending that nothing has happened to their new wonder product.

will any of the product review guys do a real story about the roll out disaster? probably not as i haven't seen a word from the usual suspects.

Last edited:

restocked? lol.

they are pretty scummy pretending that they are not pretending that nothing has happened to their new wonder product.

will any of the product review guys do a real story about the roll out disaster? probably not as i haven't seen a word from the usual suspects.
“we have concluded that the device is impacted by a hardware error affecting its energy management”

Why would a company give away specific information about how their product works? That gives competitors an advantage when doing their own R&D.
I would think Canopy Growth will have some type of information during their next earnings call about the scope of the problem. But what do I know…

One day my new Venty will get to me and I’ll look back a chuckle at the past couple weeks. Being an early adopter is never easy or pretty. Stay strong.

justcametomind

This may be a “bit soon” since Storz just restarted selling the Venty, but anybody have suggestions re: accessories, stems, etc?
My only advice is getting the silicon rings spare parts as there’s none included (spare screens are included instead). The smell proof case is nice to have.
The mouthpiece is different from Crafty/Mighty so there aren’t third party accessories readily available.
Since a couple of makers inquired about dead Ventys/were asked for it, 3D printed accessories and a leather jacket should be available in the near future.
By the way other than the Venty, all Venty’s specific SB accessories are now available for the first time.

snowdrop7756

restocked? lol.

I mean restocked in the sense that there is a 2-3 week delay. The delay is most likely based on how quick they can get replacements out to everyone as they (rightfully so) are prioritized. As much as I give storz and bickel shit for their design choices when thinking about health, I don't see why anyone feels this was not handled quite well? This component wasn't up to design spec (which was likely result of outsourced to a 3rd party, china?) Likely slipped by random sampling of testing (it happens). They aren't even requiring people to ship back units.. Literally the only harm is waiting an additional couple of weeks. Personally I find their decision to recall comforting as I've never really trusted any of their previous products. Ironically this recall (and the favorable reviews) are making me consider one, when I've always written off all their products. A company that notices a design flaw and recalls based on said flaw should be praised. Would you rather them have not done anything? Buried it like the car companies do until they find enough deaths or lawsuits would make a recall more profitable?

Last edited:

Herbie

I bricked mine last Sunday. Sent an email to S&B last night. Got what seemed to be a canned reply saying I will get a tracking number when the unit ships. They didn’t say when it would ship but implied that it would be this week. I hope that’s the case. I’m starting to get salty about this.

Jojofernz

I mean restocked in the sense that there is a 2-3 week delay. The delay is most likely based on how quick they can get replacements out to everyone as they (rightfully so) are prioritized. As much as I give storz and bickel shit for their design choices when thinking about health, I don't see why anyone feels this was not handled quite well? This component wasn't up to design spec (which was likely result of outsourced to a 3rd party, china?) Likely slipped by random sampling of testing (it happens). They aren't even requiring people to ship back units.. Literally the only harm is waiting an additional couple of weeks. Personally I find their decision to recall comforting as I've never really trusted any of their previous products. Ironically this recall (and the favorable reviews) are making me consider one, when I've always written off all their products. A company that notices a design flaw and recalls based on said flaw should be praised. Would you rather them have not done anything? Buried it like the car companies do until they find enough deaths or lawsuits would make a recall more profitable?
I don’t think many people think their response is bad. I think the response is the best thing they’ve done about the release.

I think where some frustration and negativity comes from the fact that, this probably shouldn’t have happened in the first place, the first ones to buy basically becoming $450 beta testers. And now a lot of them are getting either no communication, or just canned responses from them. Would be nice if they had any kind of communication about the issue, or even having something on their website stating so.

Saying they are just “back in stock” seems to sidestep that their was even an issue to begin with, rather it looks like, to an outsider not familiar with vape forums, like it was a hot ticket popular item that sold well, and is just now available for purchase again.

The response has overall been good and quick, though really makes you question how they were able to even let it release like that. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Really hopeful it doesn’t cause I want one. Though I don’t want to be part of paid beta testing #2

Aryeah

Vape Man
I bricked mine last Sunday. Sent an email to S&B last night. Got what seemed to be a canned reply saying I will get a tracking number when the unit ships. They didn’t say when it would ship but implied that it would be this week. I hope that’s the case. I’m starting to get salty about this.
That's the same canned reply as last week. There has been conformation on another site that a customer who bricked theirs on last Wednesday has already received shipping info, so I don't know what they are doing at this point. It's just a hurry up and wait situation at this point.

Jojofernz

That's the same canned reply as last week. There has been conformation on another site that a customer who bricked theirs on last Wednesday has already received shipping info, so I don't know what they are doing at this point. It's just a hurry up and wait situation at this point.
This is wild to me. I wonder how they are available on the site. I wonder if someone bought it right now if they would get shipping information before some of the people that were in the first batch.

That would be messed up if someone is able to purchase a new one and receive it before someone who got the first version gets their replacement.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: stressed

snowdrop7756

I don’t think many people think their response is bad. I think the response is the best thing they’ve done about the release.

I think where some frustration and negativity comes from the fact that, this probably shouldn’t have happened in the first place, the first ones to buy basically becoming $450 beta testers. And now a lot of them are getting either no communication, or just canned responses from them. Would be nice if they had any kind of communication about the issue, or even having something on their website stating so.

Saying they are just “back in stock” seems to sidestep that their was even an issue to begin with, rather it looks like, to an outsider not familiar with vape forums, like it was a hot ticket popular item that sold well, and is just now available for purchase again.

The response has overall been good and quick, though really makes you question how they were able to even let it release like that. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Really hopeful it doesn’t cause I want one. Though I don’t want to be part of paid beta testing #2
Everyone's response about being beta testers is extremely over-dramatic. There was an issue with a part from a 3rd party supplier. This could have been the logic board or really anything. Let's be clear here Storz-Bickel assembles their products in Germany. Like everything else we buy the components are coming from god knows where. What was QA'd and tested and designed for is not what they received out of this 3rd party component. This isn't a design flaw, but a supplier flaw. If you like to avoid things like this in the future, with any purchase you shouldn't rush to be the first one to receive something, else understand that issues come up.

The site highlights the 2-3 week delay, I don't really think any new potential customer needs to know more then that. This 3rd party component issue won't be an issue for the unit they receive, they aren't customers so they have no obligation of discussing this publicly. I've never heard of any manufacturer publicly announcing issues with their product on the sales page.

stressed

the whole thing is a scummy response to their error, poor judgement and shitty quality control procedures.

Jojofernz

Everyone's response about being beta testers is extremely over-dramatic. There was an issue with a part from a 3rd party supplier. This could have been the logic board or really anything. Let's be clear here Storz-Bickel assembles their products in Germany. Like everything else we buy the components are coming from god knows where. What was QA'd and tested and designed for is not what they received out of this 3rd party component. This isn't a design flaw, but a supplier flaw. If you like to avoid things like this in the future, with any purchase you shouldn't rush to be the first one to receive something, else understand that issues come up.

The site highlights the 2-3 week delay, I don't really think any new potential customer needs to know more then that. This 3rd party component issue won't be an issue for the unit they receive, they aren't customers so they have no obligation of discussing this publicly. I've never heard of any manufacturer publicly announcing issues with their product on the sales page.
I didn’t see the 2-3 week processing and shipping at first so yeah that is a bit better I thought they were just back available while others were waiting.

Same with the supplier part not the one being tested beforehand, that’s a good bit of info I wasn’t aware of perhaps those who got it received more information? Thanks for providing it though

snowdrop7756

I didn’t see the 2-3 week processing and shipping at first so yeah that is a bit better I thought they were just back available while others were waiting.

Same with the supplier part not the one being tested beforehand, that’s a good bit of info I wasn’t aware of perhaps those who got it received more information? Thanks for providing it though
Here's the thing about manufacturing. They don't test every single component of every run. It would be unsustainable and unreasonable to do that. It could have been a case where X number tested out of each batch were within spec and a substantial number was not. Or could be entire subsequent batches were bad where first runs were fine. Only pure speculation on my part. And they can do general QC checking, but sometimes manufacturing defects slip by. I do think they caught wind of it probably shortly either after launch or during and likely didn't know the extent of the issue, hence why they were able to rectify it so quickly. It sucks, but just the reality of major manufacturing at scale, especially when you're not making 100% of your components yourself.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
I was one of the people who ordered and never received. I got an email last week saying would be shipped early this week. I just got my tracking number. It is shipping via USPS from California and signature required. It will be about 5 weeks total since ordering. They have done everything they said they would.I am really looking forward to the Venty since my Mighty OG was accidentally thrown away 4 months ago. It better be as good as y’all said. Putting all the negatives about this behind me and hoping it kicks like grandpas mean ass mule.👍😎

stressed

Some strong opinions. What would you do differently? Always interested in hearing other’s business planning strategies.
lol. it begins and ends with quality control up and down the line. i was a procurement officer for decades and this company, if we had a large contract with them and they failed this outrageously (including possibly harming people) , would be fined up the ass for failure to perform and have their contract cancelled. just for a start.

Top Bottom