Venty by Storz & Bickel

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I do not understand why its a big deal? S&B is a great company...been around for awhile. Huge fanbase, they communicated with me every step of the way and made it pretty easy. Shit happens. Now, again...the price. I really do not think this is overpriced at all...for what I experienced these past few weeks with mine. I will GLADLY pay this. My unit was perfect...but, I went ahead and followed what I was supposed to do. It is not going to be for everyone that is why there are so many options of vapes out there. Why do you have to do a dig and try and ruin the fun...
Like i said: a very, very forgiving fanbase!
Kudos on you for being so positive about a huge company that managed to fuck up pretty bad imho...
I'm not trying to ruin the fun but truth can/must be told...

Edit: sorry for the doublepost. Please merge.
Anyway: i'll leave here so i don't ruin the fun...
:\

Dr. G

Old Resident
Yeah, i feel sincerely bad for everybody that's invested their money in this thing.

But also a bit amazed by the responses tbh. I know i'd be outrageous having to go thru all this shit just to kill off a brand new (expensive) device that's "unsafe to use" and would be suspicious about the replacement tbh..

And what about customers they can't reach thru mail? Must be some out there...
Why would you be suspicious about a replacement? All of the customers that bought one are in their data base...with addresses. I am sure they will be responsible. Their customer service is very good. Don't feel bad about the money invested. We did not loose anything. We will be getting new units next week or whenever.

I am a SUPER positive person...and I have all faith that the Venty is going to be fine. Life is too fucking short to get upset over something like this...when the problem is being fixed. In the meantime, I will enjoy my Volcano, or Mighty....or my Tetra...my Vapmans with hash.... remarkable. Cheers everyone, lets get high and enjoy the weekend. Ciao.

Last edited:

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
Like i said: a very, very forgiving fanbase!
Seems people will do all kinds of mental gymnastics in making excuses for S&B.. If this were ANY other company, the Karens here would be all up in their shit, demanding part numbers for the problem components and having someone tear it down to check. It's actually pretty entertaining watching it all go down.

Jojofernz

I do not understand why its a big deal? S&B is a great company...been around for awhile. Huge fanbase, they communicated with me every step of the way and made it pretty easy. Shit happens. Now, again...the price. I really do not think this is overpriced at all...for what I experienced these past few weeks with mine. I will GLADLY pay this. My unit was perfect...but, I went ahead and followed what I was supposed to do. It is not going to be for everyone that is why there are so many options of vapes out there. Why do you have to do a dig and try and ruin the fun...
Nobody is here to ruin everyone’s fun, no need to be so defensive! Just pointing out it is quite a less than ideal situation.

No matter how much you loved the vape and love a company, you gotta be realistic and see this isn’t some amazing situation.

As someone else said, any other company would be laughed at and ridiculed. I already mentioned they are handling it well. Just saying that this is, quite a mess! A $450 mess at that! Even those in love can admit there must be frustration with this.

A little beta test at all seemed like they could have caught the issue. And I guess this was the beta test is all I’m saying, cause that’s exactly how it appears.

Last edited:

DadaBoo

B2, Mighty+, M/Omni, Volcano Hybrid, TM2, Anvil
Seems people will do all kinds of mental gymnastics in making excuses for S&B.. If this were ANY other company, the Karens here would be all up in their shit, demanding part numbers for the problem components and having someone tear it down to check. It's actually pretty entertaining watching it all go down.
It's not just S&B though is it, TM has had its issues as well. From the releases of the TM 1.5, to sticking buttons, non working temperature dials (which I had as well) and borked USB ports on TM2.

TM are rightly well regarded though, with little push back from the customer. Probably because when it is functioning as intended, it's a phenomenal device.

I suspect that's what we are seeing here as well.

Vapiathan

Nobody is here to ruin everyone’s fun, no need to be so defensive! Just pointing out it is quite a less than ideal situation.

No matter how much you loved the vape and love a company, you gotta be realistic and see this isn’t some amazing situation.

As someone else said, any other company would be laughed at and ridiculed. I already mentioned they are handling it well. Just saying that this is, quite a mess! A $450 mess at that! Even those in love can admit there must be frustration with this.

A little beta test at all seemed like they could have caught the issue. And I guess this was the beta test is all I’m saying, cause that’s exactly how it appears.
Why would you be laughed at and ridiculed for identifying and fixing an error and quickly replacing problematic devices? It seems quite professional to me, no matter how often people call it a beta test.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
It's not just S&B though is it, TM has had its issues as well. From the releases of the TM 1.5, to sticking buttons, non working temperature dials (which I had as well) and borked USB ports on TM2.

TM are rightly well regarded though, with little push back from the customer. Probably because when it is functioning as intended, it's a phenomenal device.
True.
But a lot of harsh words fell in the TM thread too. Recently read the beginning of it and they were slammed at the start.
The big difference in my opinion is that TM actually brought innovation thru their devices, setting new standards.
The first TM convinced early adaptors out of the box, just by performance!
Design, materials and performance made its reputation to what it is. (also: 10 years warranty!!! Are you hearing this, S&B??

Remember: the TM2 came much faster then the new Venty and it addressed all the 'issues' of the first device. Like they listened to their customers? Amazing!
It also was ready and working at launch iirc which can not be said for this 7 year fiasco. No total recall was ever needed...

S&B refuses to make adjustments, hardly brings innovation and for some reason they are 100% committed to using plastic (in this day and age that is pretty amazing imo) and proprietary batteries. Design might be personal but a lot of people seem to agree this is quite ugly and extremely plastic-y. Like all their stuff.. "Want a plastic grinder?" Euh, no thanks.... I'm good... LoL

It's better not to compare S&B and TM, they are at another level.
Don't do it, it's unfair to S&B...;)
One has more money and likes it oldschool and loves medical grade plastic while the other one has more soul, desires to make a change and makes an ecological effort in used materials? Their devices could not be more different.
I would choose to have one TM1 rather then owning the whole S&B lineup any day... So much budget and so little innovation... Pff, they could push the industry to new levels instead...

Last edited:

DadaBoo

True.
But a lot of harsh words fell in the TM thread too. Recently read the beginning of it and they were slammed at the start.
The big difference in my opinion is that TM actually brought innovation thru their devices, setting new standards.
The first TM convinced early adaptors out of the box, just by performance!
Design, materials and performance made its reputation to what it is. (also: 10 years warranty!!! Are you hearing this, S&B??

Remember: the TM2 came much faster then the new Venty and it addressed all the 'issues' of the first device. Like they listened to their customers? Amazing!
It also was ready and working at launch iirc which can not be said for this 7 year fiasco. No total recall was ever needed...

S&B refuses to make adjustments, hardly brings innovation and for some reason they are 100% committed to using plastic (in this day and age that is pretty amazing imo) and proprietary batteries. Design might be personal but a lot of people seem to agree this is quite ugly and extremely plastic-y. Like all their stuff.. "Want a plastic grinder?" Euh, no thanks.... I'm good... LoL

It's better not to compare S&B and TM, they are at another level.
Don't do it, it's unfair to S&B...;)
One has more money and likes it oldschool and loves medical grade plastic while the other one has more soul, desires to make a change and makes an ecological effort in used materials? Their devices could not be more different.
I would choose to have one TM1 rather then owning the whole S&B lineup any day... So much budget and so little innovation... Pff, they could push the industry to new levels instead...
If the argument is that S&B don't get any push back when they mess up, then I suggest you read the Volcano Hybrid thread. There is plenty of meat for you regarding the metal dust fiasco.

Alot of your other points are personal opinions, which is cool, but not everyone thinks the same. Batteries and materials are not big issues for me (ex smoker, my taste buds are fucked).

As for TM2 working on day 1, true..what about day 101 though? My TM2 has issues atm with its temperature wheel. I've had my Mighty+ twice as long as my TM2 with zero issues.

Do I hate my TM2 because of it, fuck no, I love it..as I do my Mighty+. The 10 year warranty is great, I just hope I don't have to send it for repair 10 times during that period.

They both give me what I need, when I need it. Why can't I love both?

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
They both give me what I need, when I need it. Why can't I love both?
Ofcourse you can!
:tup:

But like i said, i just think they are not really comparable. Not the device and not the firm behind it. Cause then it might get tricky: again, so much budget and so little innovation, what's up, S&B?
No decent beta testing before the big launch? What's up, S&B?
(or do you think this is a personal view?)
Just look at the timeframe, sales and evolution of the devices... a totally different story imo

then I suggest you read the Volcano Hybrid thread. There is plenty of meat for you regarding the metal dust fiasco.

I'll pass, consider me a vegetarian. ;)

666Honeybadger,

Thunderbelch

For some of us this process adds 20% in customs fees to the price we originally paid. I've asked whether they will cover that but not holding my breath because with a previous warranty claim they didn't. Wouldn't have minded otherwise...

justcametomind

For some of us this process adds 20% in customs fees to the price we originally paid. I've asked whether they will cover that but not holding my breath because with a previous warranty claim they didn't. Wouldn't have minded otherwise...
The invoice of such shipment should have stated you paid 0$ as it was warranty claim. 20% of 0 is 0. How was it possible you had to pay custom duties?
Now that I bricked my Venty as required.. What if someone who didn't receive the e-mail would access fix.storz-bickel.com?
Would he brick his Venty?

Last edited:

tashian

Ofcourse you can!

But like i said, i just think they are not really comparable. Not the device and not the firm behind it. Cause then it might get tricky: again, so much budget and so little innovation, what's up, S&B?
Just look at the timeframe, sales and evolution of the devices... a totally different story imo

For a vegetarian you talk too much about meat 😄. Sorry nothing personal, just could not hold it.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
For a vegetarian you talk too much about meat 😄.
Hmm, you may be right...
But in this Venty-case the cold cuts are free and basically force-fed...
It's like they keep shoving them in my mouth...And what goes in, must come out... :dog:
I admit my weakness but hey, everybody knows freebies are hard to resist.
But i'll try to restrain myself better...
;)

Smknbud

It is a big deal. For both consumer confidence and S&B bottom line. I got on board the Crafty and Mighty since the day they were released and know for sure at some point I'll also own a Venty but this is a royal fuck-up on a new product roll out.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

This borders on insulting other members whose opinion of S&B might be more favourable than yours. It looks like you don't own a Venty and probably have no intention of getting one. This makes your comments in the this thread rather trollish. We have a rule:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
Reading for entertainment is your privilege. Posting to stir things up is not. Further posts along this line will earn you a warning point.

DadaBoo

Ofcourse you can!

It's obvious you are not an S&B fan, which is cool. One man's shit is another man's gold.

I personally love my Mighty+ and will love the Venty too. I also love all my other vapes.

I've never really had a vape I hate tbh.

Jojofernz

Why would you be laughed at and ridiculed for identifying and fixing an error and quickly replacing problematic devices? It seems quite professional to me, no matter how often people call it a beta test.
Yes, it’s very professional that they didn’t even think to QA this thing, and instead had their $450 paying customers beta test their product that’s been being worked on for 7 years.

Listen, I think the Venty is an awesome vape, looks incredible and I want one once this mess is cleaned up.

And they are cleaning it up! The response by them is awesome.

Still doesn’t change the fact they charged people to test their device for them, and now they have to recall them and send them replacements.

I understand they are a great company but holy lord you guys can’t admit they made a mistake? I admit it’s an amazing response and a good vape and you can’t even admit that this was a whoopsie?

Like hot damn what did this company do to be basically angels in your eyes you can’t even admit it this was a mistake?

A mistake they are fixing, but jeez, seriously the hurdles being leaped here to make it seem like nothing wrong happened at all.

It’s normal now to pay $450, have the device break on you, wait for some emails, and then brick and send your device back, waiting again for the replacement? This is normal vape buying practices?

Last edited:

4-Aces King-High

Okay Storz & Bickel-Venty manufacturer hope you are watching. I cannot ‘kill’ my Venty due to the process S&B has to do so. I bought it on their site, input on Their site,responded on their Site , Bought On Their Site, Input all info on their Site So now I’m here complaining that they want a Picture of the SN.Thanks for the Runaround ,which has Left aVery Bad Taste in my mouth for S&B- is it the automated system ? Or Corporate Shenanigans.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Yes, it’s very professional that they didn’t even think to QA this thing, and instead had their $450 paying customers beta test their product that’s been being worked on for 7 years.

Listen, I think the Venty is an awesome vape, looks incredible and I want one once this mess is cleaned up.

And they are cleaning it up! The response by them is awesome.

Still doesn’t change the fact they charged people to test their device for them, and now they have to recall them and send them replacements.

I understand they are a great company but holy lord you guys can’t admit they made a mistake? I admit it’s an amazing response and a good vape and you can’t even admit that this was a whoopsie?

Like hot damn what did this company do to be basically angels in your eyes you can’t even admit it this was a mistake?

A mistake they are fixing, but jeez, seriously the hurdles being leaped here to make it seem like nothing wrong happened at all.

It’s normal now to pay $450, have the device break on you, wait for some emails, and then brick and send your device back, waiting again for the replacement? This is normal vape buying practices?
Does not bother me one bit...because the problem is being fixed in an extraordinary way. Any company that would handle their problems like this for me is commendable. It would really SUCK if it were the other way around...I have truly enjoyed using my Venty for a couple of weeks or so...its amazing. I support many of the vape companies...this is just one more company I do support because of the quality that I feel I am getting. I understand that a problem happened. I have MOVED on from that and am in anticipation of the new Venty. I have had problems with other companies and was patient with them as well. So, it is not a normal thing to happen. But, it did. They are taking care of it. Do I judge them and just say well the Venty is just a piece of plastic shit with no big improvements anyway....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No. It is amazing. When you try it. You will also be amazed.

I am a die hard S&B fan since I was young and owning my first silver classic Volcano. We were in heaven...I even own a Plenty...it is completely ANALOG. So...yes, I am a fan. Well, enough talk...going to get high and use my Mighty now...Cheers everyone.

Jojofernz

Does not bother me one bit...because the problem is being fixed in an extraordinary way. Any company that would handle their problems like this for me is commendable. It would really SUCK if it were the other way around...I have truly enjoyed using my Venty for a couple of weeks or so...its amazing. I support many of the vape companies...this is just one more company I do support because of the quality that I feel I am getting. I understand that a problem happened. I have MOVED on from that and am in anticipation of the new Venty. I have had problems with other companies and was patient with them as well. So, it is not a normal thing to happen. But, it did. They are taking care of it. Do I judge them and just say well the Venty is just a piece of plastic shit with no big improvements anyway....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No. It is amazing. When you try it. You will also be amazed.

I am a die hard S&B fan since I was young and owning my first silver classic Volcano. We were in heaven...I even own a Plenty...it is completely ANALOG. So...yes, I am a fan. Well, enough talk...going to get high and use my Mighty now...Cheers everyone.
Cool you’ve actually answered in a sane way! I’m more referring to others who made it seem like there was no problem. At least you can admit it was a problem, that they promptly fixed.

I just wish it never happened to you in the first place! Hope you have and can enjoy your Venty again soon!

BingsBuddery

Derelict Meatsack
This borders on insulting other members whose opinion of S&B might be more favourable than yours. It looks like you don't own a Venty and probably have no intention of getting one. This makes your comments in the this thread rather trollish. We have a rule:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
Reading for entertainment is your privilege. Posting to stir things up is not. Further posts along this line will earn you a warning point.
Borders on insulting people with a more favourable opinion.. Okay then.. noted.. I guess.

Top Bottom