Venty by Storz & Bickel

Don’t recall S&B stating that if you DON’T get an email the unit passed the online test?
I did the “test” on Tuesday, so it’s only been 3 days, nothing from them yet…..
I don’t recall them saying anything otherwise. If it was an important issue across the board then it should have been a mass email.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don’t recall them saying anything otherwise. If it was an important issue across the board then it should have been a mass email.

I see, you are talking about the emails that were supposedly sent out after one registers the device.

I NEVER received that either! I wrote CS, and they sent me an email with a NON WORKING test link, which some members in this thread helped, by showing me the CORRECT link, earlier in this thread. That’s when I was able to run the quick test. So, perhaps you are right, NOT getting an email, might mean they are looking at their serial number database, and only contacting those with whatever potential problems they are looking for. Very obtuse way to go about this….

I see, you are talking about the emails that were supposedly sent out after one registers the device.

I NEVER received that either! I wrote CS, and they sent me an email with a NON WORKING test link, which some members in this thread helped, by showing me the CORRECT link, earlier in this thread. That’s when I was able to run the quick test. So, perhaps you are right, NOT getting an email, might mean they are looking at their serial number database, and only contacting those with whatever potential problems they are looking for. Very obtuse way to go about this….
I hope so! Lol fingers crossed. But I guess it makes sense being as POSSIBLY since one rep makes one product that it could be a particular set of sn made by one engineer

Bonesvapechi,

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have had my Venty since the first week it came out. Happy to report that it is in EXCELLENT condition...it is used 20 x's a day. The airflow is magnificent and EXTRAORDINARY. The battery life is magnificent. The portability is excellent. It is for me the best vape on the market now for my needs. Finally. Something I can carry that is not my VOLCANO...when they are back on the market...get one. You will NOT regret it. The ease is certainly a blessing for patients. I love mine. I also did the test of my unit and have not heard anything back. So, all in all...the Venty is performing better than most of my other vapes combined.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I have had my Venty since the first week it came out. Happy to report that it is in EXCELLENT condition...it is used 20 x's a day. The airflow is magnificent and EXTRAORDINARY. The battery life is magnificent. The portability is excellent. It is for me the best vape on the market now for my needs. Finally. Something I can carry that is not my VOLCANO...when they are back on the market...get one. You will NOT regret it. The ease is certainly a blessing for patients. I love mine. I also did the test of my unit and have not heard anything back. So, all in all...the Venty is performing better than most of my other vapes combined.
I agree doc! :nod: the smell proof case, shit, it's replaced a whole bag of portables at work just because of quickness, taste, and ease of use!:love:

ChooChooCharlie

Random thought ... I check my "spam" junk folder once a week. Missed several emails before getting into that habit. Also missing my Venty, who's taken a break in Oakland

WirtDog

I don’t see how that’s relevant?

I know the higher temp will never happen but I think it would be good if it could. I like to ride the edge of combustion with my vapes and too much heat is better than not enough. You can just turn it down to where you like it.

But anyway, I do agree with you about the boost feature.
I agree with you on higher temps! I never knew Volcano go up to 446F until yesterday as I have never owned one.

That busts the paradigm I had about S&B having a rule to not sell any device that would go over 410F to avoid combustion?

I need to watch some Volcano vids to better understand how that environment differs from portable units aside from power sources?

DaftVaper

Yep. One way to get a replacement cooling unit, I guess.
That's true, just hope they are true to their word and ship the new units out next week

Wow I cannot believe they are recalling ALL Venty's and destroying them remotely. What a total waste.

At the same time in glad their being prudent but Jesus, how was this not caught in QC?
Maybe we are the QC?

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings, I received a letter from S AND B...for replacement of my unit. Even though my unit is PERFECT...I performed what they wanted...asked not to use it and dispose of it. How painful! My unit is perfect. Anyway, I am very impressed with S and B and how they are handling all of this. This problem I am sure has cost them lots...but, let me tell you something...they HAVE the best vape on the market now. When this shit gets fixed...it is certainly a super vape.

My Venty is now sitting with the blue three lines and the blue tooth symbol...I am just wondering how long does it take to die down? Anyway, what a journey this has been! I fall in love with a vape and now I am destroying it! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! I am so happy I have my MIGHTY PLUS! VOLCANO! But, please hurry and send me a new Venty. This sucks. Why? Because my unit is perfect. Anyway, good bye Venty...cannot wait for a new one...and so it goes.

Last edited:

Strolling&Rolling

Seems like S&B just sent out another batch of emails for people to get their device tested, probably people who didn't initially receive the email.

Greetings, I received a letter from S AND B...for replacement of my unit. Even though my unit is PERFECT...I performed what they wanted...asked not to use it and dispose of it. How painful! My unit is perfect. Anyway, I am very impressed with S and B and how they are handling all of this. This problem I am sure has cost them lots...but, let me tell you something...they HAVE the best vape on the market now. When this shit gets fixed...it is certainly a super vape.
What did the email say if you don't mind me asking?

Is this a result of the diagnosis test?

Wow I cannot believe they are recalling ALL Venty's and destroying them remotely. What a total waste.

At the same time in glad their being prudent but Jesus, how was this not caught in QC?
Where does it say this?

Dr. G

Old Resident
What did the email say if you don't mind me asking?

Is this a result of the diagnosis test?
Dear Dr. GXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for being one of the first to use the VENTY and for your participation in the online analysis of your device. Your support is essential to assisting us in maintaining the high standards we strive for at STORZ & BICKEL.

By carefully evaluating the data from your device, we have identified an inconsistency in the performance of your VENTY. After a thorough assessment, we have concluded that the device is impacted by a hardware error affecting its energy management. We ask that you no longer use or charge your VENTY as it may represent a safety risk.

We are asking you to follow the instructions enclosed below to deactivate your current VENTY. Once your device is confirmed to be deactivated, we will authorize your replacement. New VENTY devices will be available next week and as soon as your replacement device is shipped you will receive an email confirmation.

Instructions for Deactivation - To qualify for a replacement, you will need to perform a software update on your current VENTY device to render it inoperable. We ask that you do this upon receiving this communication:

• Before connecting your VENTY, please perform a factory reset by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
  • Connect your VENTY to Bluetooth by turning it on.
  • Access this Link and click on “connect”. Please make sure, that your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to your VENTY to establish a connection.
  • If you are accessing the link via iPhone, make sure you are using a browser which supports BLE, like Bluefy. On Android devices, Chrome will work. If you are accessing through a desktop device, using Microsoft, please use Chrome or Edge. A pop-up window will appear, showing your device. By selecting your VENTY, the software update will be initiated.
  • After the update, the functionality will be deactivated remotely, but the backlight on the display of your VENTY will remain on, showing 3 dashes and the Bluetooth sign and causing the device to discharge slowly.
  • Once the update is successful, you will be asked though a pop-up to reconnect your VENTY so that we can receive an update confirmation. If the pop-up does not appear, please refresh the site, click on “connect” and select your device again.
  • This last step is important to qualify for a replacement device. Please note that we will use the shipping address we have on file for sending you the replacement. If you wish to change the address, please reply to this email with an updated shipping information.

Once the device is completely discharged, the display will turn off. In this state, the device does no longer represent a potential risk and it can be disposed of according to your local regulations for waste batteries and electronics.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. In addition to providing a replacement device, to demonstrate our appreciation for your participation in this process, we would like to reward you with a coupon code valued 30€/30 USD for our online shop.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
the device is impacted by a hardware error affecting its energy management. We ask that you no longer use or charge your VENTY as it may represent a safety risk.

WOW!
Obviously an issue that can affect the BATTERIES. Not fixable via firmware is interesting.
Good opportunity to crack the bad one open and see if there are any codes on the batteries to identify them?
If the cells are good, could potentially be used elsewhere.

Dr. G

Old Resident
WOW!
Obviously an issue that can affect the BATTERIES. Not fixable via firmware is interesting.
Good opportunity to crack the bad one open and see if there are any codes on the batteries to identify them?
If the cells are good, could potentially be used elsewhere.
My question is...how long does the display stay on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its still on...I am scared to leave my house. LOL

Anyone happen to backup the firmware? Would love to crack it open after bricking it, replace the batteries with quality cells myself, and get it working again.

I also got the email. Will be bricking my Venty tonight. Gonna be painful. I don’t wanna be without this thing for any length of time. I hope the replacement ships quickly next week.
Dude, tell me about it. Leaving on American Thanksgiving Holiday next week and I doubt the replacement will arrive in time to take with me. Sigh....

Ive tried a few times ,
i get an error message
major version failed
reload and try again
iam using one of the apps they suggest and the link from my email ,
any ideas ?thanks
G

Vapor-catzG,
Top Bottom