Venty by Storz & Bickel

Mighty still kicks from 2014, mighty plus never an issue in 3 ish years, I have the vape critics crafty plus I bought off his auction years back and that's my beater, still pumps! The Venty is the best yet for me in this group.:tup:
I’ve also had my Mighty since 2014. Back then it was comparable in price to the Venty now.

anyone tried switching off Bluetooth ? It switches back on ?
turned it off ,switched the Venty off ,,switched back on 2 minutes later and its back on ,
first bug or mine ,software updated so glad thats a feature ,
G

Vapor-catzG,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
turned it off ,switched the Venty off ,,switched back on 2 minutes later and its back on ,
G

Your post made me test mine. The wording in the PDF manual is a bit confusing. I did the following.
It seems the POWER + MINUS button brings up the Bluetooth menu, you’ll see “BLU” on display.
You THEN make your CHOICE, using either button: PLUS = On or MINUS = OFF, the BT ICON also shows off/on.
To change settings again, you still have to repeat, bringing up the BLU MENU (Power+ Minus).

After playing with this, my choice has remained through restarts, if yours does not, make sure you are doing the selection properly, otherwise you have an issue?

Personally, I just leave it on, I occasionally change charger settings, only accessible through Bluetooth app. These latest Bluetooth devices are super low power, doubt anyone would notice any battery charge loss.

Your post made me test mine. The wording in the PDF manual is a bit confusing. I did the following.
It seems the POWER + MINUS button brings up the Bluetooth menu, you’ll see “BLU” on display.
You THEN make your CHOICE, using either button: PLUS = On or MINUS = OFF, the BT ICON also shows off/on.
To change settings again, you still have to repeat, bringing up the BLU MENU (Power+ Minus).

After playing with this, my choice has remained through restarts, if yours does not, make sure you are doing the selection properly, otherwise you have an issue?

Personally, I just leave it on, I occasionally change charger settings, only accessible through Bluetooth app. These latest Bluetooth devices are super low power, doubt anyone would notice any battery charge loss.
yeah done all that many times ,thats what iam saying if you switch it off ,then it shouldn’t switch it back on ,

RustyOldNail

yeah done all that many times ,thats what iam saying if you switch it off ,then it shouldn’t switch it back on ,

Did you try the device RESET?

Venty's draw detection actually works for me, whereas with the Mighty OG I always had to keep hitting the power button to keep it

Yeah, just played with the draw detection, stared the stopwatch. As soon as I got near the 2 minute auto timeout, I’d extend the cycle by drawing. I believe you get a new 2 minutes.

NOTE:
Draw Detection does not seem to extend the BOOST level timeout of 90 seconds. Started drawing at 1:15 and it reverted to BASE temperature.

Yeah, just played with the draw detection, stared the stopwatch. As soon as I got near the 2 minute auto timeout, I’d extend the cycle by drawing. I believe you get a new 2 minutes.

NOTE:
Draw Detection does not seem to extend the BOOST level timeout of 90 seconds. Started drawing at 1:15 and it reverted to BASE temperature.
Hi no not yet ,yours doesnt switch back on ? Iam laughing 2nd batch here i come ,fuck
its no big deal but in days of old firefly was ,
iam sometimes unwell for days at a time and like to know its ready like i left it instead of the Bluetooth draining it ,
i lost a bar in a night ?
old mighty 8 years no bars in 2 years ,
so i you want max bowls per charge ,no bluetooth until you need it ,its of no real use until then ,
the apps very limited imop only feature usage time and updates ,
extended timer on all modes would be good
guess i need to contact them ,and no stock
ill try a reset first though
thanks
G

Vapor-catzG,

justcametomind

Vapefiend early review

I'm trying to set up a working routine for small loads.
It seems to me that capsules are not the way to go, but neither no capsule is ideal.
S&B stock capsule design is good for conduction leaning vaporizers, no wonder on Plenty (and Venty) I get poor results.
On the Venty imho capsules shorten up the session because the capsule gets hot and so it does its content, meaning that if I am temp stepping I may not be able to get any vapor at higher temps because everything got wasted earlier on.

Vapefiend early review

I'm trying to set up a working routine for small loads.
It seems to me that capsules are not the way to go, but neither no capsule is ideal.
S&B stock capsule design is good for conduction leaning vaporizers, no wonder on Plenty (and Venty) I get poor results.
On the Venty imho capsules shorten up the session because the capsule gets hot and so it does its content, meaning that if I am temp stepping I may not be able to get any vapor at higher temps because everything got wasted earlier on.
With smaller loads (.05), I put it at airflow right before the 2nd notch, then I pull slowly. What Troy says as a “pocket” , I take 2-3 sec pulls and I get great effects a good clouds. The clouds depends on the strain (IMO). Temp, I take it to 410. Matter of fact I just did a small load and I’m pretty zooted

Dr. G

Old Resident
...I am one week almost using my Venty strictly. I have no need for any other toys right now. The Venty is very satisfying and very well made. I opened the mouth piece today and cleaned it a bit. This is the easiest vape to clean and take care of....none of my other vapes are this easy.

This is my patient perspective...sometimes I wake up and my hands do not function. So, anything that is going to alleviate this hardship...is a real winner for me. The unit itself although it seems large is perfect for me...and it is light. It stands up well too. What a score with this model. Best one yet.

With smaller loads (.05), I put it at airflow right before the 2nd notch, then I pull slowly. What Troy says as a “pocket” , I take 2-3 sec pulls and I get great effects a good clouds. The clouds depends on the strain (IMO). Temp, I take it to 410. Matter of fact I just did a small load and I’m pretty zooted
I just tried with small amounts breaking the flower by hand in a dosing cap. 410 , airflow just below the 2nd notch. Pretty effective

RustyOldNail

What I’m doing now with the VENTY with CAPSULES:

Load CAPSULE (medium grind), light finger tamp.
Turn ON VENTY, starts at 360f, but IMMEDIATELY,
CLICK the POWER BUTTON to enable BOOST #1 (380f), but IMMEDIATELY,
CLICK the POWER BUTTON to enable BOOST #2 (410f),
The BOOSTS MODES will TIMEOUT at 90 seconds, then will AUTOMATICALLY
RETURN to the original BASE TEMPERATURE (360f)
So after only 5 clicks on the power button, I just wait 90 seconds, the Venty is now perfectly PREHEATED!
And begin my session on the LOW TEMP, for FLAVOR,
Eventually I go to BOOST #1, then finish at BOOST #2.

(I’ve customized my TEMPS in the app, BASE=360f both BOOST modes=25f increase)

arrjaytea

Bill Cravy
Got very excited to see a shipping email only to realize I’d placed a second order for some accessories / replacement parts that will now be here tomorrow lol

Will be interested to see how long the shipping turnaround is on this next batch of Ventys

arrjaytea,

NOTE:
Hi yeah tried it ,still the same ,,,its stays off 2 hours now though or until the chargers unpluged ,
got ERR 04 when i did the factory reset , locked on it until i reset it again ,
drops a bar in 6 hrs i was asleep ,
G

Vapor-catzG,

RustyOldNail

G

I looked into this issue again, as my immediate and last response, the Bluetooth stayed ON, after a power cycle.
But I saw what seemed like a very similar question on the Reddit Venty section. Not sure if was you, but I saw there was a LONGER TIME PERIOD involved, then newer responses that confirmed this ODD behavior.
I can now confirm that after using the proper button press’s to DISABLE BLUETOOTH, that after a few minutes, it’s back on. Many new devices broadcast their Bluetooth status, constantly, my Bose Bluetooth speaker will just drain down on battery till dead, this is so it can play a song immediately.

But obviously, you don’t need a manual shutdown procedure for a setting to just automatically turn itself back on, and I haven’t seen this in the manual.

Rodney

I was going to get one of these next ( have a PLENTY arriving today) but now am gonna get the Tinymight2 next and wait until I hear more the VENTY

RustyOldNail good on you for paying attention to this detail and letting us know about this as it is super not cool for Bluetooth to be always on even after being turned off.​

Is not just this is the fact that the VENTY is just too new AND none are in stock anywhere atm anyways so :p

RustyOldNail

I was going to get one of these next ( have a PLENTY arriving today) but now am gonna get the Tinymight2 next and wait until I hear more the VENTY

RustyOldNail good on you for paying attention to this detail and letting us know about this as it is super not cool for Bluetooth to be always on even after being turned off.​

Is not just this is the fact that the VENTY is just too new AND none are in stock anywhere atm anyways so :p

I’m not that concerned, as I doubt the current low power Bluetooth is going to have any noticeable battery drain, though logically they should address the issue of a set preference in an app, does NOT respect the users choice, or just remove the menu option.

I have a BIGGER ISSUE, with the non logic of the BOOST modes, after their non adjustable timeout of 90 seconds, RESETS the temperature BACK TO THE BASE temperature!
Example: You’re vaping at BOOST 410f, but there is more left, when you didn’t notice, the temperature went back to last SET BASE TEMP. Your draw is suddenly LIGHT, until you realize what happened.
And you CANNOT EXTEND a BOOST MODE, by pressing any button, like you can in BASE TEMP MODE, where you get a FRESH 2 MINUTES.

Hopefully, anyone that understands this and owns or gets a Venty, will email S&B directly, as both these issues can possibly be upgraded via firmware, but no one spends time rewriting firmware, unless they get FEEDBACK, and NO, S&B doesn’t follow this thread…. :)

I looked into this issue again, as my immediate and last response, the Bluetooth stayed ON, after a power cycle.
But I saw what seemed like a very similar question on the Reddit Venty section. Not sure if was you, but I saw there was a LONGER TIME PERIOD involved, then newer responses that confirmed this ODD behavior.
I can now confirm that after using the proper button press’s to DISABLE BLUETOOTH, that after a few minutes, it’s back on. Many new devices broadcast their Bluetooth status, constantly, my Bose Bluetooth speaker will just drain down on battery till dead, this is so it can play a song immediately.

But obviously, you don’t need a manual shutdown procedure for a setting to just automatically turn itself back on, and I haven’t seen this in the manual.
HI NO wasnt me ,,iam not on Reddit , ,
wonder if in a not legal country A.I lol
on the timer and the couple of issues with mine ,its seal at the power button and this ive sent pics as requested
but had no real , response?
Disappointing at this price but understandable with such a big release ,
more disappointing silly wee unneaded mistakes ,
like ill fitting screens being minor but for a first time buyer ,its difference from a device working correct or not ,
most off us might notice but at first everything’s to be learned if someone’s never had vapes or eyes aren’t good ?
not that iam new before i get advice , shit far from it
anyway a few things like the cheaper crafty vibrations, Why?
its good and the good do out weigh the small bad points but ive not gone starry eyed like many ,
bought too many vapes all best of to be just yet ,
one thing i do wish is SnB ,,one person builds the complete vape ? So they can be proud ???
one pair of eyes for faults ,
like anything good at. Their job or theres better at that job
so your luck
a production line
many sets of eyes spotting a problem if theres one ,
then better quality control
porches, all the main quality cars production lines with controls at each section ? Not one person building the lot ,
each person has standards some higher than other like in life , some of us are good at some things others better a different ..
i know what id rather have in a commercial vape
i seen it in SnBs vapes some feel better than others , you can tell straight away
i had a crafty came with no screws in the case , now how do they miss that ?
its not an artist vape where we know and want that artist to make it
i just want it right and as advertised ,
anyway only used it once incase its going back
ill wait and see what they say if they reply ,
always got my TM family to look after me ..
G

justcametomind

I tried to reduce the airflow in order to have better luck with small loads as many suggested.
It was a little bit better but my feeling is that the extraction is not on par with placing the same 0,05g on a Volcano (I still have to try though, but I feel that I would get a couple more hits other than that, I realize I’m consuming more getting not as medicated as I would expect). Other than that, as someone else already stated, the oven keeps staying hot for a long long time and the consequence imho is that it’s way better to cash the bowl in a single session or else conduction would rob a lot of stuff while not pulling from the vape. Capsules would come in handy to be throwed out of the oven after a few hits but ime the best way to have good results with complete extraction on a Venty is to use no capsules.
I placed a fine screen on the CU instead of the coarse stock one. I didn’t feel any reduction in airflow but I expect to have far less debris/abv next time I’ll clean it.

WirtDog

I’m not that concerned, as I doubt the current low power Bluetooth is going to have any noticeable battery drain, though logically they should address the issue of a set preference in an app, does NOT respect the users choice, or just remove the menu option.

I have a BIGGER ISSUE, with the non logic of the BOOST modes, after their non adjustable timeout of 90 seconds, RESETS the temperature BACK TO THE BASE temperature!
Example: You’re vaping at BOOST 410f, but there is more left, when you didn’t notice, the temperature went back to last SET BASE TEMP. Your draw is suddenly LIGHT, until you realize what happened.
And you CANNOT EXTEND a BOOST MODE, by pressing any button, like you can in BASE TEMP MODE, where you get a FRESH 2 MINUTES.

Hopefully, anyone that understands this and owns or gets a Venty, will email S&B directly, as both these issues can possibly be upgraded via firmware, but no one spends time rewriting firmware, unless they get FEEDBACK, and NO, S&B doesn’t follow this thread…. :)
This is concerning because it is indicative of poor testing. All these failure scenarios should be use cases in testing! At the very least they should have been tested on multiple units of the production ready versions. Like I have mentioned before adding functionality like Bluetooth and a phone app for managing settings is nice but it does add more points of failure. That can be minimized with good testing practices!

I really expected better from S&B especially after such a long development cycle. I hope they thought about testing the ability to download software and firmware updates via the internet interface? If they have not thoroughly tested that capability and customers have to ship units back to Germany for fixes that will just make matters worse.

kimura

It’s 2023 people. The sun rises, and tech companies use their consumers for beta testing. Of course there are (hopefully minor) issues to work out with the brand new Venty

Blessings on the early adopters. You get the new toy first, while taking one for the team :tup:

Thunderbelch

I tried to reduce the airflow in order to have better luck with small loads as many suggested.
It was a little bit better but my feeling is that the extraction is not on par with placing the same 0,05g on a Volcano (I still have to try though, but I feel that I would get a couple more hits other than that, I realize I’m consuming more getting not as medicated as I would expect). Other than that, as someone else already stated, the oven keeps staying hot for a long long time and the consequence imho is that it’s way better to cash the bowl in a single session or else conduction would rob a lot of stuff while not pulling from the vape. Capsules would come in handy to be throwed out of the oven after a few hits but ime the best way to have good results with complete extraction on a Venty is to use no capsules.
I placed a fine screen on the CU instead of the coarse stock one. I didn’t feel any reduction in airflow but I expect to have far less debris/abv next time I’ll clean it.
That impression could be down to the smoother & faster extraction of the Venty. My standard dose size is typically 0.05-0.07g and I hit that without caps or anything in both the Venty and the Mighty OG. After just under a week of testing it seems both vapes get me about equally baked with the same amount (Venty even seemed more at first).

But the Venty finishes the bowl a lot faster and with less visible vapor, so it seems like you are getting less. I think the less visible vapor is actually due to more effective vaporization into the gaseous phase rather than larger visible droplets, which is what the visible vapor consists of. The result is better absorption into your bloodstream, less medicine exhaled visibly, and probably more medicine reaching your bloodstream rather than less. Subjective effects seem to support this theory.

Thunderbelch,
Reactions: Roxo

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Is there any way to stay on your boost temp?

This is, imo, the most baffling part of the Venty for me. Why would I want to superboost to 410F and then go back down to my base temp after 90 seconds? I'd rather just stay on my boost temp, but I've yet to find a way to do so myself

Please let me know if I'm just being dumb and there is a way to do so, because I don't mind being wrong here lol

Easywider

Simple is the way
This is, imo, the most baffling part of the Venty for me. Why would I want to superboost to 410F and then go back down to my base temp after 90 seconds? I'd rather just stay on my boost temp, but I've yet to find a way to do so myself

Yeah, great point!

With the built in draw detection i'm surprised they didn't program in "auto temp stepping" just like the Tubo firmware has had for years.

Set the temp to boost X amount of degrees after X amount of draws or time until you reach max temp. This would be brilliant.
The lets go back to the temp you already finished after 90 seconds makes zero sensimilla. (I still want one)

Top Bottom