Venty by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The WAY it should have been made…. PHOTO BELOW…

QUICK NOTES upon arrival:

The HOT oven, but ESPECIALLY the AIR-FLOW adjustability makes this the BEST “Connection” oriented device I’ve used or owned.

S&B has been around so LONG…. their vape design has become RETRO!!!

I’ll always be a MICRO device kind of user, but this is opposite, more like a light weight power tool. You either embrace it or you don’t, they don’t do CUSTOM… It does however feel easy to grip, and while not heavy, feels substantial. The Mighty was always a weird hand fit for me.

badbee

Alright so I was able to replicate the ERROR and it indeed is #05 not #04 thankfully. Reading the instructions on their site it lists:

I'm never breathing into the unit, but I am doing a maximum inhalation breath which works as this:

1. Hyperventilate for 10 seconds (to blow off CO2 and make sure O2 is max)
  2. Exhale ALL of your air and then forcibly push out an extra bit
  3. Take your vape and inhale from it as long as you possibly can - know your limit.
    • Breathe in with your stomach - push your stomach out, pulling your diaphragm down. You don't want to expand your chest "upwards" when you breathe in - your lungs are most efficient at the bases.
    • Just before you are at your max let off of the vape and rapidly take in air pushing your toke to the furthest and deepest parts of your lungs. There's a lot of "dead space" in your airways where gas exchange isn't taking place, might as well fill that with air pushing the toke to your alveoli.
  4. Straight to moon

This is being done with the wheel for airflow fully open at 160C, so yeah I'm hitting the vape pretty fast but I surely am not exhaling anything into it. I'll try to get it on video for you guys but I think I'm just taking too much air too fast on it and their sensor is freaking out.
This usage pattern isn't really compatible with most "straight from the heater" convection vapes. A ball vape with a good size heat reserve might be able to keep up. I wouldn't consider this a failure of the Venty, more of an unapproved usage situation.

badbee,
This usage pattern isn't really compatible with most "straight from the heater" convection vapes. A ball vape with a good size heat reserve might be able to keep up. I wouldn't consider this a failure of the Venty, more of an unapproved usage situation.
Yeah I'm just putting it through its paces, have to see what it's capable to do. I only hit it that way when I want to get knocked off my feet, seeing the ERROR was scary but now I know to bring it down a notch.
It's fun to see how much airflow you can through the device though, it's a lot!

RustyOldNail

So as to the effects, is this a conduction heavy device, convection leaning? How would you new owners rate the effects of the Venty compared to your last vape of favor? Thanks for any responses, good to see the fresh reviews.

Always hard to describe, but the WIDE adjustable airflow sets it apart from my other top end conduction devices. Less coughing for me. You can darken the roast going to max 410f, and I’ve only used capsules so far. With the adjustable airflow I can make both a FINE & MEDIUM BCG grind give closely the same type of hit, so either grind can be interchangeable.

Effects in my opinion, between CONDUCTION & CONVENTION devices are different for different folks. I compare this to my top CONVECTION the TinyMight 2. I’ve never seen to master the airflow pull technique, so I often get more hot air then planned. I do get some brain spinning hits now and then. Point being, a device like the Venty can be FUN, as it’s so dead simple to use, and get you where you want to go, at the speed you want. Like any product you have to be able to look past the design decisions that you don’t agree with, and enjoy the UPGRADE…

Got mine yesterday , still not tried it yet maybe that will change my first impressions,
but my ocd has got the better of me with a slightly uneven fitting cooling unit ,
its a fraction , or just me i guess or my ocd
it sits slightly out front right and say back left looking at it side on at the air dial ,
dont know if they are all the same ,or its the cooling unit ?
if it tighten/turned an other 0.5mm it would be even all round but for me annoying
not sure if they are all like this ? I hope so ,so i can stop my mind exaggerating it
makes me think of my first mighty+ its case was so uneven all round until they replaced it
just thought not again ,fuck this early adapter ,
G

Dr. G

Old Resident
The real game changer for me here is the open mouth piece thing. Wow. This is the best I have so far...I pretty much have all the good ones too. This Venty is the Volcano balloon...which happens to be my favorite too. I really love it and how it looks bro! I am still stoned as fuck! Wow, Jurgen...good job!

JoeMama

Got mine yesterday , still not tried it yet maybe that will change my first impressions,
but my ocd has got the better of me with a slightly uneven fitting cooling unit ,
it sits slightly out front right and say back left looking at it side on at the air dial ,
if it tighten/turned an other 0.5mm it would be even all round but for me annoying
not sure if they are all like this ? I hope so ,so i can stop my mind exaggerating it
makes me think of my first mighty+ its case was so uneven all round until they replaced it
G
Well I hope you can relax now, because my Venty seems to have the same uneven fit with the CU. It’s very slight, but noticeable. That aside, I feel like they got the rest of it just right :clap:

Well I hope you can relax now, because my Venty seems to have the same uneven fit with the CU. It’s very slight, but noticeable. That aside, I feel like they got the rest of it just right :clap:
thanks for your helpful post for someone who’s got one ,
and not just words that are clearly not understood by the poster
i can now relax thank you pal
G

Vapor-catzG,
Reactions: JoeMama

AD

G
Mines the same way. I find myself rubbing against the uneven fit.

So as to the effects, is this a conduction heavy device, convection leaning? How would you new owners rate the effects of the Venty compared to your last vape of favor? Thanks for any responses, good to see the fresh reviews.

It definitely feels conduction heavy to me. Both in performance and effects. I honestly haven’t been too impressed with the clouds, but they are consistent and effortless. I’m packing directly into the bowl and pretty much filling it up all the way. It takes a bit more weed than I’m used to with my other vapes. Maybe I should be using capsules judging by the hits @Custom Flower Hardware is able to pull!

Regardless, the Venty has been getting me pretty baked and it’s so easy to use. The airflow is great. The vapor is pretty comfortable too. I’m liking it at 383 and boosting to 410 at the end.

justcametomind

Just dawned on me that with significantly improved airflow and same for temp management that the Venty should provide better performance with the factory capsules than my hotrod Mighty OG? Should not need to make changes to improve airflow with the Venty. Hope to get some feedback from new Venty owners that will test drive capsules?
The stock capsules have far less holes than the bottom of the Venty’s oven. If anybody comes out with capsules with screen-like bottom and upper side those are going to be better than the stock ones guaranteed. Unfortunately there’s no such thing afaik at the moment but the improvement with stock capsules in the Venty is real, coming from a Mighty OG myself.
I looked for third party capsules available in EU but found only these on the link.
I asked in the Mighty thread and as I expected the performance lacks hard. They have far too small holes, get stuck in no time with weed oils to the point of being able to open them only when damn hot and cost 5,90€ each.
The puck system seemed interesting, but I doubt it can be any good since the Venty might be convection dominant and so the inner part of the pellet doesn’t get as hot as the outer part.

WirtDog

The stock capsules have far less holes than the bottom of the Venty’s oven. If anybody comes out with capsules with screen-like bottom and upper side those are going to be better than the stock ones guaranteed. Unfortunately there’s no such thing afaik at the moment but the improvement with stock capsules in the Venty is real, coming from a Mighty OG myself.
I looked for third party capsules available in EU but found only these on the link.
I asked in the Mighty thread and as I expected the performance lacks hard. They have far too small holes, get stuck in no time with weed oils to the point of being able to open them only when damn hot and cost 5,90€ each.
The puck system seemed interesting, but I doubt it can be any good since the Venty might be convection dominant and so the inner part of the pellet doesn’t get as hot as the outer part.

I appreciate all the good info you shared! I am not sure the air flow restriction of the factory capsules would be restrictive on the Venty? I say that because of the mods I made to the cooling unit that provided more air flow on the Mighty OG. That would seem to indicate the factory capsules have ample air flow capacity? I still do not understand exactly why I can get significantly better performance on a 5 year old Mighty OG with the airflow mods I did to the CU. it is not even close.

I still think S&B made a good engineering decision with the factory capsules. Fast heat up and fast cool down. Cheap!! I have gotten much better with handling them. I have found that you should put the tops on by pushing on the edges and not the middle of the capsule. If you compress the middle of each you will bend the bottoms and tops in reducing the volume. Once they get resin on them it might be better just to toss them given how cheap they are. I bought a set of 40 and have yet to get to the point of using them all to that point.

I would like to see more testing with the Venty and factory capsules? I still do not understand why the mods I did, which came from suggestions on this board, work so well and are far superior to native use. If I did not believe performance with the Venty and factory capsules would be superior I would buy a Mighty+ instead of the Venty when my Mighty OG batteries get weak.

WirtDog

Thanks, @condition for dropping in to see what condition my condition was in

S&B have a rapid response support team. Same day. I followed their instructions, registered device, waited another couple hours until accepted in system, then applied for RMA return with links to vids. Will probably get authorization email today or tomorrow with a return postage label perhaps. I'm in California, so will get replacement device in a couple days from their LA office

Bump in the road, no big deal. It still works great, I'm just concerned with the glitches. New production runs of electronic devices always have a few bad apples, and the fault usually emerges early in use.

I get to keep my CU, so it's a win!:rockon::lol:

Edit: Spooky...just got RMA authorization email with return shipping label, minutes after my post above. Cue Twilight Zone music

Edit: my mistake, misread email, no prepaid label, just a packing slip, Oh well
I cannot help but wonder what kind of testing S&B does before they release new products to the public? This is one reason I am not crazy about the Bluetooth interface as it just provides the opportunity for more things to go wrong? But it will be very interesting to see what they do with the capability to update software and firmware thru the interface. That would make it useful if they could fix some issues without having to return units to the factory. I don't recall hearing about issues with the Mighty+ when it came out but it was an update to an existing unit where the Venty is a completely new design.

What were the mods ?
I removed the bottom CU screen and installed a titanium mouthpiece? These two simple changes make a big difference with capsules. Hits harder and keeps CU cleaner. I have 3 CU's. One factory and two with this mod. I was shocked at how much improvement I got on a five year old Mighty OG. Cheap and easy changes!!

tgvp

After reading all the positive reviews and relatively few glitches around here (and conveniently ignoring the hate storm from anti s&b who haven't used the device yet) I was on the verge of ordering one for myself as the local shop has a 10% discount preorder sale (devices arrive on their shelves in 3 days) to a convenient 426€/450$ for the naked device.
Fortunately (or not) they told me they will organise a testing session at the end of the next month, so I will have to postpone my VAS-relief activity until I can try by myself the device and compare it side by side with my other wish list items

4-Aces King-High

After reading all the positive reviews and relatively few glitches around here (and conveniently ignoring the hate storm from anti s&b who haven't used the device yet) I was on the verge of ordering one for myself as the local shop has a 10% discount preorder sale (devices arrive on their shelves in 3 days) to a convenient 426€/450$ for the naked device.
Fortunately (or not) they told me they will organise a testing session at the end of the next month, so I will have to postpone my VAS-relief activity until I can try by myself the device and compare it side by side with my other wish list items
I’m weak and got mine after posting I would wait for a nice discount.
I have modified my M+ for better airflow,I hollowedmout the mouthpiece hole and put a silicon hose about a foot long And also have a glass mouthpiece I can also fit in to the hole. Got the VENTY the next day and have not touched the M+ since doing extensive research 13bowls and1 bar left and comparison with my TM2 Yesterday until nowI conclude that I am reaching for the VENTY if wanting a longer more chill session with 5-6 pulls with it
or 2-4 pulls with the TM2. to get blasted Bzero, those are my 3 faves.and HAVE been ghaf with the VENTY And Welcome It to the Ranks of top vapes toHave.
Cheers And Peace to All

justcametomind

I appreciate all the good info you shared! I am not sure the air flow restriction of the factory capsules would be restrictive on the Venty

I think that if there was a capsule with top and bottom made like S&B screens on the link, and the sides just like S&B capsules it would be better for an optimal vaporization and airflow on the Venty, where convection seems more pronounced than on the Mighty/Mighty plus.

On a different note it seems to me that cleaning the cooling unit is easier than ever. As you can see from CFH video, using a q-tip is quite effective as on the Venty debris accumulates in 2/3 spots inside the CU, as opposed to getting spread out on top on the whole surface as it happened on the Mighty/+.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Speaking of caps and Mighty and Venty and options, I feel relatively confident that no one has mentioned using basket screens from a Minivap in their S&B device? They come in two sizes. One allows for approximately same amount as a capsule, or the smaller basket is about a half capsule, I would say. They allow some hot airflow to enter all around the load, not just some holes in the bottom. More convection? idk.
I think some Minivap folks are somehow putting the flexicone (with a basket screen) onto their Mighty, for whip or glass use, but I have no idea how they attach it.
I'm just putting the basket screen in Mighty and putting the c/u on.
Not saying this enhances the big rips, but it does make for optional smaller bowl size and can keep the bowl cleaner.

tgvp

For all those who like to customizer their unit, do you fell any need (or have already satisfied said need) to add some water filtration? For an out-of-home usage. Because it has been kind of a game changer with my DynaVap, I just love the mini bubbler as it helps using comfortably higher temps for longer slower draws by providing small particles filtration and some cooling. But if the cooling unit is enough this may not be needed here? (I hope at least as I wouldn't be comfortable with the risk of water spillage on an expensive electronic device ...

Vergaro98

For me it's a better Mighty+, but the final effects doesn't change a lot. Compare to a TM2 it slaps mush less.
So, if you're searching for the strongest portable hitter i would say TM2 (or p80 but it's a ghost 😂). If you prefer slower extraction, cooler vapor and more airflow i'd say Venty.

RustyOldNail

I am not sure the air flow restriction of the factory capsules would be restrictive on the Venty?

That would seem to indicate the factory capsules have ample air flow capacity?

Lots of talk about capsules.
Using OG STOCK ALUMINUM S&B CAPSULES:
Loaded to the top, decent tamp down. (Sour Diesel)
Used both FINE & MEDIUM BCG GRIND. Could not tell much difference…
TEMPS: Start at FACTORY DEFAULTS: 356f - Boost #1= 383f - Boost #2= 410f
AIRFLOW ADJ: Start at #1= Minimal, OPEN up after first two hits, to #2 on dial, then finish on #3 FULL OPEN.

NO AIRFLOW ISSUES HERE. The STOCK CAPSULES don’t appear to diminish it to me.
Depending on your temps, and how far you go, can get DARK & EVEN ABV!

Top Bottom