Venty by Storz & Bickel

Hey all in a brand new S&B user who decided to go all-in with the Venty! I have a few questions and am wondering if some helpful people can respond.

How do you know if you are using supercharging? Reading the directions it should flash fast while charging but they don't give an interval and with no real information on the screen it's hard to know if my cable/power adapter are appropriate. I'm almost certain that they are, I bought them for the Steam Deck.

For my first bowl I packed it with finely ground herb and packed it down with the end of my filling tool a bit. I decided to start at 160 with slow draws with the mouth piece fully open. WOW the airflow is unreal, 0 resistance and extremely smooth.

All was well but towards the end of my Inhalation I got a ERROR04 on the screen for a second or two before it went back to 160 all green. Second hit the same issue, so I started to think maybe I was pulling too fast/hard?
After having changing the airflow to 2 instead of 3 it seemed to work fine without any errors.

But still, my first session with my vape having the error is worrying to say the least. I'm going to keep a good eye on it for the next few days but does anyone know how their return process is?

If it works fine for the most part I'd rather wait towards the end of the warranty to try to get a replacement then so that I get a later model with (assumingly) more Q&A and small manufacturing improvements.
Since I've gotten the ERROR4 this early on will I be able to try to get a new unit under warranty in almost 3 years?

Lastly is there any brand/manufacturer who makes dosing capsules that are of a higher quality metal? I've already bent one to hell and back when trying to pry off the top I put on too tight and it would be nice to have something that doesn't crumple like a pop can
Thanks all, this thread has already been super helpful!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Reading the directions it should flash fast while charging but they don't give an interval and with no real information on the screen it's hard to know if my cable/power adapter are appropriate. I'm almost certain that they are, I bought them for the Steam Deck.

Your “steam deck” USB charger should have an “AMP OUTPUT” label on it. Assuming it has a high amp rate? Then try a 1 amp USB power supply, like one from an iPhone or tiny device. See if the blinking changes?

RustyOldNail,

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings, I received mine a bit earlier today. I have no words but, this to say. GET ONE TODAY! This thing is a beast. TRULY EXCELLENT!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I was home thank God....you have to sign for it. So make sure you are home on the day of delivery....

Greetings, I received mine a bit earlier today. I have no words but, this to say. GET ONE TODAY! This thing is a beast. TRULY EXCELLENT!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS I was home thank God....you have to sign for it. So make sure you are home on the day of delivery....
Just got mine right now lol

Your “steam deck” USB charger should have an “AMP OUTPUT” label on it. Assuming it has a high amp rate? Then try a 1 amp USB power supply, like one from an iPhone or tiny device. See if the blinking changes?
Yeah the output matches I just wish the Venty had better instructions whether that be on the screen itself, the webapp or even the written directions.

They couldn't have listed exact intervals such as "3 seconds between flashes compared to 1 second"

Minor complaints in the grand scheme but I bought a new dongle today that hits the required output.

Smknbud

All was well but towards the end of my Inhalation I got a ERROR04 on the screen for a second or two before it went back to 160 all green. Second hit the same issue, so I started to think maybe I was pulling too fast/hard?
After having changing the airflow to 2 instead of 3 it seemed to work fine without any errors.
@ChooChooCharlie reported on this error in this thread and initiated an RMA with S&B. The error is not going away I think is a safe summation so you may want to also start an RMA.

Smknbud,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer

Dr. G

Old Resident
The case is totally worth it! (I have CAS though):tup:
I got the case as well and it ROCKSSSSSSSSSSS. I got the super charger as well and the capsules, and plunger...its Christmas today....

The Crafty and Mighty cases came with the little capsule storage....this one did not bring one attached.

Thank you for the videos...

One more thing...the Venty looks bigger online...it is small truly. The Mighty is huge compared to this. My opinion.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
So I plugged in the Venty to my usbc charger. And it showed up with weird symbols like “- - -“ and fff also in red. I re plugged the Venty and it’s charging now. Should I be worried?
No. Mine did like a weird boot up flashy thing once or twice and smooth sailing after that. Maybe the Bluetooth? The symbol is on mine but I won't hook up to the app yet till tomorrow night.

@ChooChooCharlie reported on this error in this thread and initiated an RMA with S&B. The error is not going away I think is a safe summation so you may want to also start an RMA.
I'm going to give it a few days and see if it happens again. So far it was just my first bowl and thinking back maybe I was already too high but hopefully it was actually ERROR 05 instead of 04 as I read that 05 is something off with the airflow sensor (I think I was inhaling too fast?).

Will keep this thread updated. But holy smokes I just realised how hot this thing can get - I wanted to really use it the end of my bowl from last night and blasted it at 210 for a couple minutes with the airflow fully open and it was getting too hot on my lips at a point lol

mmmmtastyhealthylungs,
I also saw the random weird symbols when I first plugged the device in to charge. I think I saw ERROR05 briefly last night when hitting the device. All seems fine otherwise though so I’m not gonna stress about it.

letter never sent,

Pukka

Unfortunately that 240W USBC spec is relatively new with components only hitting the market in late 2021, too late in the Venty's development cycle to feasibly incorporate these features in the current release. The version of USBC PD the Venty uses caps out at 100W which is less than the draw of the heater.
So I'm basically thinking, since the wife and I got married in September (a million years ago), and in my mind a Venty+ is probably a year away, and I've pretty much spent my VAS allowance for the year on ball vapes and such, and from what I've read here this sounds like Venti might be an easily portable mini-Volcano if it had pass-through I guess I'll wait for the "+" version.

4-Aces King-High

So I'm basically thinking, since the wife and I got married in September (a million years ago), and in my mind a Venty+ is probably a year away, and I've pretty much spent my VAS allowance for the year on ball vapes and such, and from what I've read here this sounds like Venti might be an easily portable mini-Volcano if it had pass-through I guess I'll wait for the "+" version.
Lol . Here Goes. I Received my VENTY a few hours ago and then fully charged it And on 3rd. Bowl.
I don’t need no stinkin VENTY PLUS cause this motherhumper is Great_ it could be the Last Vape I buy, of course I have several I love. ( Pulled the enano XL Out as I waited for the VENTY)
I have not tried the dosing capsules in Al. Or SS. I Want to go through one full charge with just the bowl to see if I can match the 14 bowls achieved by CFH. Cheers ,the VENTY is the Real Thing with ,so far, getting about 4-6 pulls with full extraction as see in the AVB. Cheers to Storz and Bickel ,fuckcombustion and the VENTY And the Effects….and the screen does not clog with a strong pull,and…….Very Effective and….

Last edited:

GratefulDread

Why would you assume a "Venty+" is coming out a year from now? lol. Not a chance!

mephisto

So as to the effects, is this a conduction heavy device, convection leaning? How would you new owners rate the effects of the Venty compared to your last vape of favor? Thanks for any responses, good to see the fresh reviews.

4-Aces King-High

Why would you assume a "Venty+" is coming out a year from now? lol. Not a chance!
Lolol I think you are Right.

Any places offering discounts on this yet?
afaik and As Far As I C See only bonus points on their site. if you have purchased S&B before. Amounts to 1 cent per point.
POTV gives a &15 gift card and a stash box of sort.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Greetings everyone, I put my Venty on full open throttle...I took four hits. This is exactly like the balloon...listen, I truly am so fucking high. The open thing on the mouth piece is a real winner. I am beyond stoned. Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a fantastic new toy. Amazing.

Venty looks very interesting. A couple of questions....
The Valve that restricts airflow, is it between the bowl and the mouthpiece? or between the bowl and the intake?
Compared to A Ball Vape, generally speaking.... can you get a big hit?? Nothing I have found yet compares to dabbing.... for me dabbing can be too much. lol.... Thanks in advance

Sandrider1962,
Greetings everyone, I put my Venty on full open throttle...I took four hits. This is exactly like the balloon...listen, I truly am so fucking high. The open thing on the mouth piece is a real winner. I am beyond stoned. Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz what a fantastic new toy. Amazing.
I thought I was the only one.. the first one full blast got me liiifted. It’s way more open compared to the Tafee as well. First pull not so much vapor but a few secs can solve that before pulling. After that, it’s cloud city.

Alright so I was able to replicate the ERROR and it indeed is #05 not #04 thankfully. Reading the instructions on their site it lists:

It was blown into the Vaporizer.
  • Be careful not to exhale back into the Vaporizer for future operations.

I'm never breathing into the unit, but I am doing a maximum inhalation breath which works as this:

1. Hyperventilate for 10 seconds (to blow off CO2 and make sure O2 is max)
  2. Exhale ALL of your air and then forcibly push out an extra bit
  3. Take your vape and inhale from it as long as you possibly can - know your limit.
    • Breathe in with your stomach - push your stomach out, pulling your diaphragm down. You don't want to expand your chest "upwards" when you breathe in - your lungs are most efficient at the bases.
    • Just before you are at your max let off of the vape and rapidly take in air pushing your toke to the furthest and deepest parts of your lungs. There's a lot of "dead space" in your airways where gas exchange isn't taking place, might as well fill that with air pushing the toke to your alveoli.
  4. Straight to moon

This is being done with the wheel for airflow fully open at 160C, so yeah I'm hitting the vape pretty fast but I surely am not exhaling anything into it. I'll try to get it on video for you guys but I think I'm just taking too much air too fast on it and their sensor is freaking out.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Alright so I was able to replicate the ERROR and it indeed is #05 not #04 thankfully. Reading the instructions on their site it lists:

I'm never breathing into the unit, but I am doing a maximum inhalation breath which works as this:

1. Hyperventilate for 10 seconds (to blow off CO2 and make sure O2 is max)
  2. Exhale ALL of your air and then forcibly push out an extra bit
  3. Take your vape and inhale from it as long as you possibly can - know your limit.
    • Breathe in with your stomach - push your stomach out, pulling your diaphragm down. You don't want to expand your chest "upwards" when you breathe in - your lungs are most efficient at the bases.
    • Just before you are at your max let off of the vape and rapidly take in air pushing your toke to the furthest and deepest parts of your lungs. There's a lot of "dead space" in your airways where gas exchange isn't taking place, might as well fill that with air pushing the toke to your alveoli.
  4. Straight to moon

This is being done with the wheel for airflow fully open at 160C, so yeah I'm hitting the vape pretty fast but I surely am not exhaling anything into it. I'll try to get it on video for you guys but I think I'm just taking too much air too fast on it and their sensor is freaking out.
You make getting high sound like a whole lot of work. To each their own, I guess.
I also get to the moon, but without hyper-ventilating or Hatha yoga technique. Much mellower ride.

Top Bottom