Venty by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I wonder how the below FLOWMETER feature really works, and if one can actually see any temperature adjustments on the screen?

FROM YET ANOTHER ONLINE REVIEW ARTICLE:

“The Venty has a “flowmeter” that measures how much air you're taking in and makes real-time adjustments to the heater to optimize the temp and match your draw speed.

Some users like taking fast and strong inhales, which is not possible with most dry herb vapes but totally possible with the Venty. It has the power and the “brains” to handle any type of draw speed or style.”

nicknobody

I wonder how the below FLOWMETER feature really works, and if one can actually see any temperature adjustments on the screen?

“The Venty has a “flowmeter” that measures how much air you're taking in and makes real-time adjustments to the heater to optimize the temp and match your draw speed.

Some users like taking fast and strong inhales, which is not possible with most dry herb vapes but totally possible with the Venty. It has the power and the “brains” to handle any type of draw speed or style.”
On my mighty and mighty+ you can see the temp drop when you’re huffing on it. I’d imagine the venty temp will not drop on the display.

ChooChooCharlie

The bowl size seems same to me, capsules fit in both. Both Mighty+ and Venty yield a slight side to side rattle from capsule. Capsules need some room. Don't think we need worry about significant air leakage through that minimal gap.

What bothers me with the capsules in the Venty is a reduction in flow. Far fewer holes in capsule base than in Venty oven, so incoming air must "fight" a bit to route through capsule holes. Without cap, all that glorious hot air is sprayed throughout load, unimpeded. S&B warn us in the manual that caps will increase restriction, and they're correct IME

Contacted S&B about my ERR004, and they asked me to register unit, then submit RMA. I get to keep the CU, just like Crafty and Mighty returns from days gone past. Error only showed once, and I've used it since.

Speaking of errors, just got an ERR005. Seems I "blew into device." Was drawing slowly, and doing MTL mouth pumping (if that makes sense),...must have inadvertently expelled a breath back into it. Can't wait to see the ERR005 light show when folks invert onto a bubbler and don't lift Venty to clear

Sorry, @Delta3DStudios , was gonna send you my Venty for your testing and product development. But now have to return it to S&B. After new one comes, I'll send it. If this vape is a hit, folks may want your "adaptations"

The bowl size seems same to me, capsules fit in both. Both Mighty+ and Venty yield a slight side to side rattle from capsule. Capsules need some room. Don't think we need worry about significant air leakage through that minimal gap.

What bothers me with the capsules in the Venty is a reduction in flow. Far fewer holes in capsule base than in Venty oven, so incoming air must "fight" a bit to route through capsule holes. Without cap, all that glorious hot air is sprayed throughout load, unimpeded. S&B warn us in the manual that caps will increase restriction, and they're correct IME

Contacted S&B about my ERR004, and they asked me to register unit, then submit RMA. I get to keep the CU, just like Crafty and Mighty returns from days gone past. Error only showed once, and I've used it since.

Speaking of errors, just got an ERR005. Seems I "blew into device." Was drawing slowly, and doing MTL mouth pumping (if that makes sense),...must have inadvertently expelled a breath back into it. Can't wait to see the ERR005 light show when folks invert onto a bubbler and don't lift Venty to clear

Sorry, @Delta3DStudios , was gonna send you my Venty for your testing and product development. But now have to return it to S&B. After new one comes, I'll send it. If this vape is a hit, folks may want your "adaptations"
You have to RMD already? Makes me nervous

Bonesvapechi,

justcametomind

I tried to pull as hard as I could but I couldn’t see any temperature drop. Just plain perpetual 210 Celsius degrees. With a Mighty or especially a Crafty (from the app) it was common to see continuous drops adjustments and overshoots but now that seems over.
I had nine or ten caps with the first battery charge and I have two bars left. Sessions where a minute or two each just like CFH.
I like the “Find my Venty” feature. It makes the vape buzz continuously to help you locate it. I wonder if it will be of any help in a real situation since it probably works only under Bluetooth connection and consequently only if you used it the last five minutes. What if I want to locate the vape the morning after my last use? Still nice when losing it inside a couch or a bed.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

I tried to pull as hard as I could but I couldn’t see any temperature drop. Just plain perpetual 210 Celsius degrees. With a Mighty or especially a Crafty (from the app) it was common to see continuous drops adjustments and overshoots but now that seems over.

Thanks for the response. Interesting, perhaps this FLOWMETER is more then hype and actually does something.

I would not have bought this device, except the online reviews and posts here, of the new AIRFLOW adjustment feature. I enjoy selectable airflow on two of my other conduction devices, the Davinci IQ2, and the Starry4.

the venty's clearly a beast for flower! I know S&B doesn't want to be seen as marketing a concentrate device (anticipating a possible crackdown on high-potency cannabis in the US IMO) so it looks like forums like this will be where we find out if it does concentrates well. from what I've read the bowl's a bit bigger than the mighty/crafty - can anybody verify that? and for venty owners who have mighty/crafty concentrate pads: do the pads fit (more or less - I imagine if the bowl's bigger, it's a loose fit)? if my take on the early reviews is right, doing concentrates in the venty might be like a cross between dabbing with a banger and the mighty: fast heat-up and big, cool clouds in a (sorta) portable. any feedback from venty owners would be much appreciated! thanks
I have the concentrate dosing capsules and tried some rosin in them.
Works perfectly. Lovely. It's fantastic.

RustyOldNail

I have the concentrate dosing capsules and tried some rosin in them.
Works perfectly. Lovely. It's fantastic.

I’m sure @darbarikanada will be grateful for that product link, seems all 40 capsules come with a concentrate pad. I don’t use them as I’ve stated my reasoning previously, but do take heed of the warnings below the product description if you’re trying concentrates in any dry herb portable:

Concentrates can spill and run down into the heater and damage your vape if you're not careful. Use only a very small amount when vaporizing concentrates.

For use with waxes and solid concentrates only. Not compatible with liquid concentrates. Use with liquid concentrates may ruin your device and is not covered under warranty.”

Enjoy!

The lack of DCT really fucking irked me too but it makes total sense and we likely won't see that until a Venty+.

The reason it makes sense is that for the Venty to both fast charge and handle the power requirements of the 130W heater, you'll be easily need 160W+ power supply.

The Venty has likely been in it's final release form for a long while now. I suspect around the time S&B was locking down the final release candidates and getting ready to start production the USB Power Delivery spec capped out at 100W and the industry was just starting to gear up for the introduction of 240W USB PD with EPR (extended power range).

I would bet money that S&B is currently developing a Venty+ for future release and by then 240W USB-C will be more common and the components cheaper to manufacture a product with. We will probably see that and some other minor improvements to airflow, battery quality, controls, or materials. Heck, we might even get wireless charging and a stronger haptic feedback.

MGG

S&B no longer sells concentrate pads for mighty/crafty in the US, but you can still buy them in Canada and the EU. I don't know why they don't sell them in the US, but if it's for legal reasons, I'm pretty sure they're not going to come out and say it.
probably because they scratch the bowl.

MGG,

ChooChooCharlie

manual says ERR005 means I was blowing the Venty. I love this vape, but not like that
(I don't think I was blowing back in, just slowing down)

S&B asked for a vid, and if I could press up button during ERR004 for their tech diagnostics, which revealed 11. What a whacky Easter egg. F me and my faulty S&B first kid on the block VAS. First the pricey Volcano Hybrid, DOA, now the Venty. I'm cursed, I say, cursed!

Apologies for my tremors, they're annoying

I got my Venty today and have run a few bowls through it this evening. I have zero prior experience with S&B products (I think I hit a Volcano bag once a decade ago) so no Mighty comparisons here.

My first impression is that this is a very well-made device and it works great. It definitely feels like a session vape, which is not something I normally use (although my Proxy is pretty much a session vape for concentrates). The airflow is really nice and the cooling is pretty good. I'm quite impressed by the build quality overall. Definitely not getting any "cheap plastic" vibes. It feels good in hand. I don't think it's ugly at all tbh. It looks and feels like something you'd find in a tool box, which seems fitting for the way this thing operates. It just gets the job done.

I am liking the signature a lot. I would not consider it to be super hard hitting though. It feels like conduction-heavy effects to me. Makes sense given the session style. I have been vaping at the upper end of the spectrum (383-410F).

Like I said, I never used a Mighty, but I'd imagine this is mostly a further refinement and enhancement of that style. If the lowest airflow setting is close to the Mighty airflow, then I think the increase here is definitely significant. The heat up time is pretty nice too. My closest point of reference for this vape would probably be the Solo/Solo II, and this feels like a highly elevated version of that experience.

justcametomind

I bought the S&B 40 capsules filling set the day it came out but never used once. Since yesterday I “Ventied” 7/8 caps of cbd in an evening I thought it was time to give it a go.
The plastic where you put grinder herb on is so smooth that herb tends not to stick to it and the process is a breeze. And the plunge to put the lid on top is also phenomenal and doesn’t disappoint.
Loving S&B ecosystem more than ever :wave:

Last edited:

condition

manual says ERR005 means I was blowing the Venty. I love this vape, but not like that
(I don't think I was blowing back in, just slowing down)

S&B asked for a vid, and if I could press up button during ERR004 for their tech diagnostics, which revealed 11. What a whacky Easter egg. F me and my faulty S&B first kid on the block VAS. First the pricey Volcano Hybrid, DOA, now the Venty. I'm cursed, I say, cursed!

Apologies for my tremors, they're annoying
Sorry you have problems with a new and expensive device. You seemed to like the open aiflow it at first. S&B should start return process soon, or better send you a new unit without receiving the faulty unit first. I guess it is an advantage that you ordered it directly from them and shipping times are very short inside EU. Keep us posted.

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks, @condition for dropping in to see what condition my condition was in

S&B have a rapid response support team. Same day. I followed their instructions, registered device, waited another couple hours until accepted in system, then applied for RMA return with links to vids. Will probably get authorization email today or tomorrow with a return postage label perhaps. I'm in California, so will get replacement device in a couple days from their LA office

Bump in the road, no big deal. It still works great, I'm just concerned with the glitches. New production runs of electronic devices always have a few bad apples, and the fault usually emerges early in use.

I get to keep my CU, so it's a win!:rockon::lol:

Edit: Spooky...just got RMA authorization email with return shipping label, minutes after my post above. Cue Twilight Zone music

Edit: my mistake, misread email, no prepaid label, just a packing slip, Oh well

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

New production runs of electronic devices always have a few bad apples, and the fault usually emerges early in use.

I’ve been bitten by the EARLY ADOPTER disease more than I care to share. These days I normally sit out buying newly released products, but I figured S&B shipping them means they are confident they are tested enough.
Always a bit of a gamble when first online… but I couldn’t resist this time. As more receive theirs, we will learn more, appreciate you noting it, so we can all be on the alert, in case.

As you stated, hopefully just a “bad apple”, those are the ones usually reserved for me….. :(

Some-new-user

Sorry for just posting this I've been trying to have less screen time lately. Just checked in to read what everyone else is thinking of the venty.

My session times seem to be a lot shorter than on my mighty. It's very flavourful. I'm not 100% sold but it's quickly become my go to vape. Especially at home, as I would normally use my mighty. I do feel it's something between what I was expecting from the mighty+/crafty+ announcement those few years ago and what I feel like the plenty+ should be. Digital readout,no trigger, Vibration, Bluetooth and adjustable airpath.

Don't like the way the buttons are sort of soft touch and not easy to press, even for someone with dexterity. If this is going to be classed as and used as a medical device sadly 7 years of research has overlooked that. Yeah there's app and caregivers but even the mighty buttons could be bigger for some users.
Oh and yeah the app, that's still only updated on the Web version at the moment so we're still waiting for an android update or will we get one and is that what apple users are reduced to now? 🤣 some other manufacturers are smashing it with apps and features.

Airflow sensor - is that similar to how davinci are measuring with their iq2 🤷‍♂️. I love how that little toke bar goes up on that whe you inhale. Dabs/sessions/cycles on another smart devices app (puffco) I like that the venty has hours used. That's been there since the crafty. Give us bowl count give us smart paths or iterations or whatever you called it with the hybrid and then the app crashed every time I tried to program those.

Not sure still about the extraction and I'm about 80% dosing caps 20% bowls au naturel but I do like to cram my caps. Maybe I'm just over thinking it but with my mighty/crafty I can sort of get more time out of a session where as venty I know I'm done there's no vapour. I boost and maybe a bit more vapour but not much.

Very tasty
Heat up time is very quick. I like that.

Doesn't fit any mighty or crafty accessories. WPA's etc unless it's something that goes over the end of the mouthpiece. I used a silicone whip tube. Hooked it up to a glass piece. Hit it hard and got the E05 - that's definitely airflow sensor and no real-time temp readout.

Just before I did that I had the
E04 too. It wasn't responding to any charger other than that. I was able to go in to the Web app and connect so I tried factory reset. No. So I also held up and saw some numbers when getting the error - put this on my Instagram story @theherbvaper thought here we go new vape dead (my pc was also refusing to boot too so I was dissing windows and hating technology at this point🤓)

Switched it off. Let the screen go blank. I think I held the up button and the on button at the same time for about 5 seconds. It did something-vibration, lights. I didn't think it would help but I got it out of E04.

Being honest I'd forgot that I had that error until I started reading. I would still recommend registering your product and contacting S&B if you get this and if you have any concerns don't use it. I'm okay with mine for the moment.

It really does still feel like we're 'beta testing' a whole industry at the moment. I'm a bit disappointed to see that they said they developed the product or at least the heater over 7 years and this still feels like a soft launce with faulty units and minimal accessories.

I want to be blown away like the first time I opened my mighty and they had thought of EVERYTHING. That filling chamber, pods, mesh pad (what they stopped selling these because it scratches bowl, just? Is this cause of Ceramic coating? Or is it steel on aluminium? So that's something else? Like with the hybrid Chambers another thing we had to test in the field before adjustments were made) venty needs a pad or a way for medical users/micro dosers to reduce the chamber size and not that I use the tool that much on my mighty. I never have it on my crafty cause I want to charge it but they could have found 'somewhere' for it yeah/no? Or redesigned it? It's just like well we've got a bunch of these so have one if you must.

With the trend of not including psu's chargers etc I feel like a premium bundle would appeal to people too. Yes I am that geeky that I would prefer to buy an all in version, have spares and a branded charger and maybe save 10 or 20 quid off retail for buying all in. They don't even have to package the product in different retail boxes. I do hope they come out with a filling tool or some 3rd party will I loved that it stopped mess/spilling herb and again for people with less movement I think this was a really useful addition and helped with the 'ritual' of preparing the herb.

Final thought this one is a bit harder for me to grip the mouthpiece between my teeth and carry around another reson why I love the mighty and crafty I can do hands free vaping

I do like the venty. I do understand why S&B get so much hate sometimes but I like that they do what they do in their own style.

It will be a few years before they do the pivot to removable batteries. I feel like this design sort of makes more sense. 2x 18650 on the back middle section could easily be a module that clips in/out like the ghost mv1

I know there are other brands and boutique makers out there but its still refreshing to see vapes made in their own factory too rather than outsourced.

justcametomind

The price is high but I don't think the new features are so little: probably the best airflow on the market for portables, apparently same standards and materials as their medical devices, more than 10 bowl out of a single charge, 3 years warranty. I had similar little glitches on their earlier portables (or developed some along the way) and when my warranty was expiring I asked for RMA and got the last revision of their portables each time. After 3 years I ended up with a new vape and new battery. When asked to ship the vape under warranty at their expenses I remember people of this forum asking back to them for a label and getting it.

What do you think will be their next vaporizer?
Will they ever release a Volcano Hybrid plus?
I say the next could be Venty mini: half the size of the Venty, Crafty style.

Petetbay

I would think a Venty mini, but I doubt it would have most of the new features of the Venty, especially the fast heat up unless you only get 3-4 bowls out of the battery. Wouldn’t be anytime soon. :2c:

Oh and yeah the app, that's still only updated on the Web version at the moment so we're still waiting for an android update or will we get one and is that what apple users are reduced to now? 🤣 some other manufacturers are smashing it with apps and features.
The web app is fine on IOS. You just have to use a Bluetooth LE enabled web browser. I use the Bluefy app.

It's worth doing as it has two features you can enable to preserve battery lifespan

The likely next product will be a Venty+ that has 240W USB-C PD support to allow DCT (pass through charging) so you don't have to wait to vape and can do so off the power cable.

Unfortunately that 240W USBC spec is relatively new with components only hitting the market in late 2021, too late in the Venty's development cycle to feasibly incorporate these features in the current release. The version of USBC PD the Venty uses caps out at 100W which is less than the draw of the heater.

WirtDog

Just dawned on me that with significantly improved airflow and same for temp management that the Venty should provide better performance with the factory capsules than my hotrod Mighty OG? Should not need to make changes to improve airflow with the Venty. Hope to get some feedback from new Venty owners that will test drive capsules?

WirtDog,
Reactions: RadarV00
Top Bottom