Venty by Storz & Bickel

WirtDog

I have a 6 year old Mighty OG with the 20% stronger batteries (it was advertised that way). I mentioned I found best performance with capsules with the CU screen removed and an after market titanium oval shaped mouthpiece? I cleaned the airpath doing everything suggested without splitting the case prior to making these changes.

With all the excitement about the new Venty I decided to go native with my Mighty and see what it was like? I have 3 CU's so I put a screen in the one with the factory mouthpiece. I must have some restriction in the airpath but why does the sane device work well with capsules and CU screen out? Airflow was terrible as was vapor production.

I know the Venty is the new hot unit and we should all assess based on suggested factory use? But, my Mighty experience makes me wonder what the Venty performance would be like with factory capsules and the bottom CU screen removed? Forgot to mention all my testing is at 410F.

My Mighty batteries are in decline and it would cost roughly $ 260 to get them changed by the factory. The Venty using capsules and modified CU might be the future hot setup for me? How's that for a rationalization?

Any ideas on why my Mighty performs best modified as described please share? I get denser clouds, more hits, and darker ABV this way. I am not sure why as the capsules are a factory part? Only real mod is removal of CU screen and titanium mouth piece? CU also stays cleaner.

BuzzDanklin

I love doing a “pinch test” something I developed back in the day when MJ was not readily available. Pack very little and test on highest temp. Arizer solo OG was amazing for that. Also did a test on comparing experiences with using a grinder and not using the grinding for the flower. Def going to test it when I get mine. Sir, been watching your reviews since back then. Thank you for your contribution to the vape community. Thank you thank you
I appreciate the kind words! I will do a pinch test. I also just finished doing a full nug test, it passed that with flying colors.

ginolicious

I’m really debating about picking this one up. Would love a new session vape for the arsenal. Always wanted a Storz product too. This is looking quite enticing for me.

ChooChooCharlie

I like inhaling slow with open vent. Feels like breathing without the resistance in other portables, feels like inhales from a Volcano bag.

MTL "pulsing" during inhale seems productive, but maybe that's my imagination, feeling the warmth build in mouth

But ... think there is a "missing" haptic vibration signal, maybe an updateable firmware bug?

Since my draws don't even make much noise, perhaps too weak to trigger pressure sensor? So during boost, it will drop back to base temp without haptic warning after 90 sec. -- annoying, feeling lighter vapor on max boost, then realizing it had dropped back to base temp. The Mighty+ gives a short haptic vibration signal that it has dropped back to base temp.

Because Mighty is more restrictive, my draws were firmer, dropped temp enough to reset timout without needing to press button. Perhaps the Venty uses the "negative pressure sensor doohicky thing" as the signal to reset timeout instead of temp drop? Maybe Venty is so well tuned and powered that temp drops can no longer be used as a signal that user is using?

Edit: Think I will train myself to press button occassionally to prevent timeout temp drop

Ugly sight just now: the dreaded ERR 004

(manual says device faulty, return unit)

It showed near start of warmup, when battery at only one bar. I'm gonna think positive, and say it's a low battery indication miscommunication bug. Tequila glass half full kind of positive attitude.

I charged it for 10 min to two bars, and had a fine session. Phew. It's on charger now. Wish me luck. (my first Volcano Hybrid was a dud, maybe I have the early buyer S&B curse)

Last edited:

JoeMama

I've had the Mighty+ for about a year and love the whole experience, and took the opportunity to sell it to a friend who is finally moving to Vapetown... Timing was perfect. I was hoping I wouldn't be missing the Mighty if I just spend this much for virtually the same performance, heat-up time aside...

Been using Venty now for a few days. Like the Mighty+, It feels like a quality product, which for the price it should!

I like inhaling slow with open vent. Feels like breathing without the resistance in other portables, feels like inhales from a Volcano bag.

MTL "pulsing" during inhale seems productive, but maybe that's my imagination, feeling the warmth build in mouth

But ... think there is a "missing" haptic vibration signal, maybe an updateable firmware bug?

Since my draws don't even make much noise, perhaps too weak to trigger pressure sensor? So during boost, it will drop back to base temp without haptic warning after 90 sec. -- annoying, feeling lighter vapor on max boost, then realizing it had dropped back to base temp. The Mighty+ gives a sort haptic vibration signal that it has dropped back to base temp.

Because Mighty is more restrictive, my draws were firmer, dropped temp enough to reset timout without needing to press button. Perhaps the Venty uses the "negative pressure sensor doohicky thing" as the signal to reset timeout instead of temp drop? Maybe Venty is so well tuned and powered that temp drops can no longer be used as a signal that user is using?

I've been playing with the vent on the Venty as well... I like to draw slowly and deliberately, steady and deep, while producing good clouds, but that's only possible once the herb is uniformly heated. For myself, there's always one or two "primer puffs" needed to get the whole thing going. I use a technique that is really just a habit now since the Grasshopper craze days because that thing had a sensitive draw sensor. Now, I don't know if there is a pressure sensor in the Venty (or the Mighty for that matter), but even if there isn't one, I hereby name this method the "First Puff Protocol".
While inhaling very gently, just enough to feel the draw, place your tongue against the stem opening and then remove it so that a "burst" of air is forced from the chamber into your mouth. Repeat this every few seconds. It allows both the conduction and convection aspects of the device to operate efficiently, and the abrupt little air flow interruptions keep the sensors satisfied with the sense of pressure. As I said, though, I don't know that there IS a sensor in the S&B devices, but the technique seems get the kindling going nicely.

Once at this stage, the vent wheel can be anywhere to fit your draw style. I like some resistance to remind me not to go too fast.

IMO The Venty performs quite well. Not just for the fact it heats up faster and has more stooch, but better for the draw adjustment and form factor. Its shape compels you to lay it down on its side rather than tryingi to stand it up; I've knocked my MIghty over too many times, and that's with the stand attached.

Overall, I like it. It's pricey, but I got a good price for the Mighty to offset the ouch factor.

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident

Since my draws don't even make much noise, perhaps too weak to trigger pressure sensor? So during boost, it will drop back to base temp without haptic warning after 90 sec. -- annoying, feeling lighter vapor on max boost, then realizing it had dropped back to base temp. The Mighty+ gives a sort haptic vibration signal that it has dropped back to base temp.

I agree...the draws are exactly like the Balloon...its basically a portable volcano...the flavor apparently is the fluffy S&B cloud and taste...I can't wait to get mine. I am going to love this I can tell...my favorite is the balloon at home...can imagine taking this with me.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Watched the entire Troy & Jerry recent video.

Interesting, neither tamps their load down, at all. I press lightly with my Mighty, just hoping it might keep some of the loose pieces on the top from getting sucked into the MP screen. Also, as the Mighty is mostly a conduction vape, a slightly packed bowl has long been recommended technique.

*Perhaps with the NEW airflow options, a LESS tamped load is better for airflow?

Don’t recall either of them saying what type of grind they were using, again the standard advice was FINE GRIND for the Mighty, but visually it looked like they were using a MEDIUM GRIND, maybe this unit performs better letting more airflow through the bud?

Any new owners opinions are welcome…

bluepom

Interesting, neither tamps their load down, at all. I press lightly with my Mighty, just hoping it might keep some of the loose pieces on the top from getting sucked into the MP screen. Also, as the Mighty is mostly a conduction vape, a slightly packed bowl has long been recommended technique.

*Perhaps with the NEW airflow options, a LESS tamped load is better for airflow?

Don’t recall either of them saying what type of grind they were using, again the standard advice was FINE GRIND for the Mighty, but visually it looked like they were using a MEDIUM GRIND, maybe this unit performs better letting more airflow through the bud?

They have parted ways with BCG by the looks of it, seems like grind size is no longer an issue, now they are not paid to push the different plates.

redspawn

So i use medium grind for all Vapes. Works fine. It dont matter if u pack the Venty tight or loose. I couldnt tell a difference in airflow. Works both fine.

XpeeN

They're using OMD aroma 3 grinder, which grinds medium-ish.
They have parted ways with BCG by the looks of it, seems like grind size is no longer an issue, now they are not paid to push the different plates.
They literally said that they found the BCG better but they're playing with OMD. It's offtopic really but the "auto grind" that the bearing helps getting is just so convenient.

Dr. G

Old Resident
What a spectacular video and thank you for sharing this...seems like you had plenty of hits, powerful, the herb looks perfect coming out...wow, I am totally sold on this unit. I think its going to be perfect for me too. I am ordering mine today. This video sold me on it. Thanks for posting this video.

Top Bottom